View Full Version : Factotum/Truenamer/??? Build

Phylion
2013-10-21, 03:24 PM
So I was thinking about the Truenamer and how much it sucked. Like, it sucks a lot. But, there are some nice things that really do function properly from about 1st Level to 3rd Level, namely those two utterances that give bonkers bonuses to skills...Universal Aptitude and Hidden Truth. The idea behind the build would be to be a master of skills, the ultimate skill monkey, capable of clearing tall buildings in a single bound, etc. The build, to my present knowledge, stands at either Truenamer 3/ Factotum 17 or Truenamer 1/ Factotum 19 if you're planning on a campaign going to twenty and want the Facotum capstone ability. I think that this has the best advantage in terms of skill monkeying.

In terms of feats I was considering taking Item Familiar, which would enable even more massive skill checks. This build could also act as the party know-it-all with the Truenamer bonuses and such. Other feats include, of course, Font of Inspiration. To my knowledge, you could also stack Obtain Familiar on top of Item Familiar, which could boost skills even further.

Some insight into how to upgrade my skill monkey and make it viable in combat would be appreciated.

Saidoro
2013-10-21, 04:05 PM
A slightly more combat viable option would be something like factotum 3/truenamer 3/PrC X or factotum 8/truenamer 3/PrC X. Good choices for the PrC are Ur-Priest or Chameleon. Chameleon especially would be good for keeping up with the skill monkeying.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-10-21, 04:24 PM
A few levels of Exemplar can't hurt a skillmonkey.

Don't forget to grab Knowledge Devotion to help turn those incredible skills into combat ability.

IronFist
2013-10-21, 04:36 PM
Marshall with its Motivate X auras is very good in skillmonkey builds.

Phylion
2013-10-21, 05:23 PM
Okay, so for classes, what about:

Truenamer 2/ Factotum 3/ Marshal 2/ Factotum 5/ Exemplar 8

Truenamer 2/ Factotum 3/ Marshal 4/ Factotum 5/ Exemplar 6

Truenamer 2/ Factotum 3/ Marshal 2/ Factotum 7/ Exemplar 6

Factotum 1/ Truenamer 2/ Factotum 2/ Marshal 2/ Factotum 5/ Exemplar 8

The first build gets me Knowledge Focus from the Truenamer along with the Inertia Surge and Universal Aptitude Utterances. I then get Inspiration, Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding, Arcane Dilettante (1 spell), Brains over Brawn, and Cunning Defense from the Factotum, then Skill Focus (Diplomacy), minor aura, and major aura from Marshal. Back into Factotum for Opportunistic Piety, Cunning Strike, and Cunning Surge. Then into Exemplar for everything up to Intellectual Agility and Lend Talent (equal).

The second is the same except that I get the move action thing from marshal and more auras. I also get less from Exemplar.

Third build keeps the "less" of number 2 but also adds in 4th level spells on the Factotum.

Last build allows me to take a bunch of font of inspirations at 1st level but be a level down on Truenamer, not too big of a difference between the first.

Phylion
2013-10-21, 05:26 PM
Also:

Factotum 1/ Truenamer 3/ Factotum 2/ Marshal 1/ Factotum 5/ Exemplar 8

EDIT: There are quite a few different variations...