PDA

View Full Version : Need a popular spell component

Tim Proctor
2013-10-21, 07:04 PM
I need a spell component that would get used a lot in an urban environment mid/low level spell preferably. Something that could be harvested/mined in large scale production.

Darrin
2013-10-21, 07:09 PM
I need a spell component that would get used a lot in an urban environment mid/low level spell preferably. Something that could be harvested/mined in large scale production.

Bat guano.

And the local cave may or may not be on the property of a rich reclusive bachelor with particularly strong opinions on the local criminal justice system.

AzureKnight
2013-10-21, 08:20 PM
Take a trip to the local graveyard and take a few shovels full of dirt. You only need a pinch for the spells so a little goes a long way. Just beware town guards and centries because not many smile on that sort of thing.

Stay well on laws side and collect lightning bugs for their shiney hineys lol. Seriously though they are a great ingredient for light spells. You could maybe hire some children to collect them for some sweet treats. Children labor laws dont apply here lol.

Tim Proctor
2013-10-21, 08:24 PM
I'm DMing and I am looking for a legitimate business to be the cover for illegal businesses, speifically something that a byproduct could be make into a drug. So bat guano it is.

Darrin
2013-10-22, 06:24 AM
I'm DMing and I am looking for a legitimate business to be the cover for illegal businesses, speifically something that a byproduct could be make into a drug. So bat guano it is.

Maybe make the Druce Krayne Industries Bat Guano a cut above the standard stuff... 2 GP per dose, +1 on the Ref save DC.

And if you really want to give your PCs a heart attack, put some Sporebats (Fiend Folio) at the back end of the cave. 15HD plants that fly, 40% miss chance, and have an enervation death-ray.

turbo164
2013-10-22, 10:26 AM
Hmm if you weren't specifically looking for a drug, you could have

Legitimate: Silver/Diamond/Salt/whatever mine
Secret: All those black rocks that get "tossed aside?" Yeah that's Onyx for the Necromantic cult.