PDA

View Full Version : Can't find poison application rule

justiceforall
2013-10-21, 09:56 PM
Hi guys,

I think I've gone blind, but I tried to apply poison to a weapon the other day in a session and we couldn't figure out what sort of action it was (move/standard/full).

Can someone show me where on the SRD it specifies?

Irk
2013-10-21, 09:59 PM
standard action that provokes an AoO, roll a 1 and DC 15 ref save to avoid being poisoned and a normal 5% chance f poisoning yourself. I advise master of poisons (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Master_Of_Poisons) to make it viable in combat.

mabriss lethe
2013-10-21, 10:02 PM
I don't have the reference on hand but it's a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity, with a 5% chance of poisoning yourself.

TuggyNE
2013-10-21, 10:30 PM
Hi guys,

I think I've gone blind, but I tried to apply poison to a weapon the other day in a session and we couldn't figure out what sort of action it was (move/standard/full).

Can someone show me where on the SRD it specifies?

Actions in Combat suggests it's either a standard action that doesn't provoke (activating an Ex ability) or a standard action that does (applying an oil). Neither is a perfect match.

I suspect the actual reference is not in the SRD at all, and probably not in the PHB either; instead, it's likely a hole the RC filled.

justiceforall
2013-10-21, 10:33 PM
standard action that provokes an AoO, roll a 1 and DC 15 ref save to avoid being poisoned and a normal 5% chance f poisoning yourself.

Where did you find the Ref save? I haven't seen that one before.

TuggyNE
2013-10-21, 10:53 PM
Where did you find the Ref save? I haven't seen that one before.

It's in Special Abilities, under Poison (which also does not have the action cost):
Perils Of Using Poison
A character has a 5% chance of exposing himself to a poison whenever he applies it to a weapon or otherwise readies it for use. Additionally, a character who rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll with a poisoned weapon must make a DC 15 Reflex save or accidentally poison himself with the weapon. A creature with a poison attack is immune to its own poison and the poison of others of its kind.

mabriss lethe
2013-10-21, 11:11 PM
The Master of Poisons feat referenced above implies that the action cost was rolled into the "apply oil" action.