PDA

View Full Version : Blink Dog

kirerellim
2013-10-22, 05:12 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that blink dogs have a 20% miss chance on every attack from Blink? I mean... blink dogs. You'd think they would have evolved around that or something.

Clistenes
2013-10-22, 05:21 AM
What's that "Evolution" thing you are speaking about? Everybody knows that Blink Dogs are descended from Ethereal Awakened Riding Dogs who mated with regular Awakened Riding Dogs! :smalltongue:

kirerellim
2013-10-22, 05:33 AM
Awakened.... is what? lol

KillianHawkeye
2013-10-22, 05:36 AM
Awakened.... is what? lol

It's a spell that makes animals intelligent.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/awaken.htm

kirerellim
2013-10-22, 05:52 AM
Ooooo.... On an unrelated note, that is me highly abusable spell. Keep attention away from Druids lol.

Edit: Also, I love your sig on evil there lol my players forget that so often!

prufock
2013-10-22, 07:00 AM
They don't. Blink dogs can evoke or end the effect as a free action. So on their action they stop blinking before their attack(s) and start blinking again directly after.

Der_DWSage
2013-10-22, 11:57 AM
Additionally, their favored prey is typically something else that has a Blink- or Ethereal Jaunt-like effect, with those on the Material Plane being more of a tertiary concern.

Though I can't help but giggle at the mental image of an entire pack of blinking pups chasing after a wizard's ethereal cat familiar.

kirerellim
2013-10-22, 12:21 PM
Herp derp. I missed that entirely. Well, I saw that it was a free action but my mind linked it to dimension door where it says only once a round. Well. That kills this post.

And actually I had something similar in mind, though it wasn't a wizards ethereal cat, its my necromancers ghost companion lol.