PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Fluff Acquired, Class Needed, Help

TechnOkami
2013-10-22, 05:36 AM
Basically: I want to play a Plague Doctor, someone who can both cure people and inflict them with terrible diseases. Off the top of my head, I would think either a Cleric/Alchemist/Druid could fit this bill, but frankly, I'm not well versed with Pathfindet at all.

This is where GitP comes in: what class(es) would help me best do what I want?

JHShadon
2013-10-22, 09:57 AM
Take a look at the Plague Bringer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-ratfolk/plague-bringer-alchemist-ratfolk) archetype for Alchemists, you normally have to be Ratfolk to get it but you might be able to convince your DM to let you have it with another race.

TechnOkami
2013-10-22, 03:09 PM
Ooh... that looks cool...

And the rat thing isn't too huge of an issue, I can just refluff it into some creepy avian plague-crow race. Then again, Skaven...

Anyone else have suggestions?

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-10-22, 03:24 PM
I don't know PF well enough to answer, but maybe you'd get more answers in the 3.P forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)? (Well, it says "3.5", but that generally also means "Pathfinder".)

It's a pretty hoppin' place.

AttilaTheGeek
2013-10-23, 07:53 PM
Seconded on both the d20 forum and the Plague Doctor. Even if you can't get the archetype, Alchemist sounds like the way to go. Or maybe an Oracle (spontaneous divine caster), which can do the whole heal/harm thing with the Bones mystery (class feature) but is less about diseases.

TechnOkami
2013-10-23, 10:07 PM
Seconded on both the d20 forum and the Plague Doctor. Even if you can't get the archetype, Alchemist sounds like the way to go. Or maybe an Oracle (spontaneous divine caster), which can do the whole heal/harm thing with the Bones mystery (class feature) but is less about diseases.

I honestly like the disease alchemist a lot, and it's probably what I'm going to do. As for moving the thread, I did the thing to let the mods know I want it moved, but its on their timetables now, so all I can do is wait.

Arbane
2013-10-23, 10:49 PM
Possibly a Witch with the Plague patron?