PDA

View Full Version : Simple racial variant -- the Pygmy Human (3.5)

Idhan
2013-10-22, 01:07 PM
Pygmy humans are humans who are of smaller stature as adults than the human norm. Tribes of pygmy humans most often come from isolated islands or jungles, but pygmies periodically migrate to more urban areas. Although they are sometimes confused with halflings by those unfamiliar with them, they are truly humans, with the same human qualities -- the same capacity for loving kindness and sadistic cruelty, the same inclinations toward selfish greed and self-sacrificing nobility, and the same capacity to apply themselves to an almost infinite variety of endeavors with success.

+2 dexterity, -2 strength.
As a Small creature, a pygmy human gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than medium creatures use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Pygmy human base land speed is 20 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra point at each additional level.
Human blood: for all effects relating to race, pygmy humans are considered human.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: Any.

Pygmies use the same aging tables as medium-sized humans. Their physical dimensions are similar to tallfellow halflings.

Fortinbro
2013-10-22, 01:11 PM
Seems legit to me.

Veklim
2013-10-22, 05:09 PM
Nice, simple, still prefer the Strongheart Halfling though, these guys feel a bit like one of those repackaged as a human offshoot, but all simple and balanced none-the-less (if a little underwhelming, but that might just be me). I would play one of these if Stronghearts weren't available, certainly.