drack
2013-10-22, 04:25 PM
hay rweird, meet my champion. :smallbiggrin:

Shamanu
2013-10-23, 09:00 AM
Yay, our own thread, woohoo.

rweird
2013-10-23, 02:43 PM
OoC: What week is this you are coming (determines who greets you)?

IC: You see a mass of tents on the horizon. Drawing closer you see people milling about the tents. When noticed, a group of people assemble and walk out to meet you.

drack
2013-10-23, 02:47 PM
to speed things (3)

rweird
2013-10-23, 02:48 PM
to speed things (3)

Okay, what part of week three? Beginning, middle, end (I'm some time close to the beginning myself).

drack
2013-10-23, 02:52 PM
It takes about 1/2 week movement to reach you, though I forget hob-gob modifiers. That might make it a bit later.

drack
2013-10-23, 11:26 PM
To the north a single wave of flame can be seen licking across the dessert in the distance.

Shamanu
2013-10-24, 01:35 AM
Abbi notices the welcoming committee had been sent to greet her, she stops her progress in order to meet them "greetings and salutations friend, my name is Abbi-Zhen I come in peace to meet with the nomads in this area".

rweird
2013-10-24, 05:28 AM
Drack:
Knowledge (Nature) on flame: [roll0]
Spellcraft on flame: [roll1]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll2]

"Hail then, I am Therrik Klirson, leader of these nomads. Well met." He gestures to invite you into the camp.

drack
2013-10-24, 07:14 AM
Hard to tell. Definitely fire evocation, though it's hard to tell what. Could be a wall of fire quickly disppelled, perhaps that sandstorm maneuver in Tob, could even be several burning hands connected end to end. It is after all ~12 miles away. :smallwink:

Shamanu
2013-10-24, 10:19 AM
"Hail then, I am Therrik Klirson, leader of these nomads. Well met." He gestures to invite you into the camp.[/QUOTE]

"Thank you Therrik, my intention is to establish a trade link between our two nations. The Hobgoblins are just for protection and are not supposed to be a threat, what are your specialties as far as trade is concerned"? the half giant asks. She is not a people person, with little skill in diplomacy but politeness costs nothing, so her mother told her.

Knowledge Religion
[spoiler][roll0]

Knowledge Arcana
[spoiler][roll1]

Spell/Psicraft
[spoiler][roll2]

rweird
2013-10-24, 11:37 AM
Drack:
If it is a spell being cast of 7th level or lower, I'd identify it with spellcraft.

Shamanu: What exactly were those checks on? The flames?

"Understandable, you never know what is our there. We have numerous things we can supply in trade. Primarily is things found in woodlands, lumber, berries, game, goods made from said things, though we also have quite a bit of money from fishing. In the desert we grow what we can, and hunt what we can, along with the resources of our herds and a few gardens. What are your specialities?"

OoC: Is this effectively us using the negotiate trade action?

drack
2013-10-24, 11:49 AM
If you could make it out in reasonable detail I'm sure you could. As it stands though it's just a tongue of flame in the distance. Unless you happened to be examining that precise spot with a mighty fine spyglass or something. :smallconfused:

You can tell magical from the speed at which they form and disappear. Then again I suppose it could have been a powder fire too. :smallconfused:

rweird
2013-10-24, 11:53 AM
I guess I'd identify up to second level spells (would see the flame as the effect, couldn't hear/see verbal/somatic components though), you don't have to see well, you just have to "see the effect." I obviously saw it seeing as you posted it happened, so I think I could identify it (unless it is too high level or non-magical).

drack
2013-10-24, 12:04 PM
True, I suppose I'm just thinking that, for instance, from a great distance, how would seeing an orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, produce flame, or sphere of flame traveling through the air. I pointed it out because it was a big bright thing like a stroke of lightening crackling faintly in the distance. :smalltongue:

Still, my people used it as a signal (to one person, not the nation), so I figured even without knowing it's meaning you may as well know it happened since you're closer. :smallconfused: It was after all ~60' long, mayhaps a touch longer.

rweird
2013-10-24, 12:35 PM
We're having the same argument we've had before about this. By the rules, I am right, this is not your game, you shouldn't be able to just decide it doesn't work like that (if it is spellcraft, I'd understand if it is high enough level I wouldn't identify it), though it isn't cool to say "okay, here is mysterious event you can make out, though the rules allow you to, because I disagree with the rules." I think that saying spells have distinguishing traits that allows people to identify them (though hard to find, as the DCs are 20+, 15+ if you see the caster's chanting and stuff) makes more sense than looking practically the same and it being hard to distinguish them.

If I notice it, it obviously would be something large (Produce Flame or Orb of fire probably wouldn't be big enough, a few fireballs, maybe).

I don't expect to know what it means, just what it is. I don't understand exactly what you mean by all your emicons. You saying "how would seeing an orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, produce flame, or sphere of flame traveling through the air." doesn't seem to be a complete thought. Did you forget to finish typing that part?

drack
2013-10-24, 12:39 PM
:smallsigh: whatevs
burning hands end to end for ~60'
Not really sure how you'd pick out the exact shape to identify the spell at this distance though. I'd think it'd appear more like a quickly extinguished wall of fire. :smallconfused:

rweird
2013-10-24, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure how you'd shoot fire out of your hands either, especially without burning yourself. If the hands were end-to-end it's go up and down more than a wall of fire, and also would be taller. Wall of Fire also typically is 20 ft/CL, so 140 ft total at lowest CL, not making much sense to be made shorter, and would be 20 ft, not 15 ft tall, and I'd imagine we'd know. Also, it'd last for CL rounds, unless dispelled, which would be a time after, unless counterspelled, in which case it wouldn't form in the first place. I'd think that spellcraft would involve basic knowledge of estimating distance for far-off spell identification, and with my character's IQ of 280 (according to the Q&A), probably could get a pretty good mental estimate for it.

drack
2013-10-24, 01:00 PM
Admittedly was thinking more the maneuver searing charge, just didn't want ot look up the name. (I think that's the one that leaves a trail of flames), similarly flames tend not to be perfect geometrical shapes at the best of times. A plane will waver and dance, not be flat. :smallwink:

Shamanu
2013-10-25, 12:06 AM
Shamanu: What exactly were those checks on? The flames?

Yes, but I was not sure if it was me that saw them as the original message was not clear who it addressed.

"Understandable, you never know what is our there. We have numerous things we can supply in trade. Primarily is things found in woodlands, lumber, berries, game, goods made from said things, though we also have quite a bit of money from fishing. In the desert we grow what we can, and hunt what we can, along with the resources of our herds and a few gardens. What are your specialities?"

OoC: Is this effectively us using the negotiate trade action?[/QUOTE]

OoC - I think the action can be found on page 39, this will cost me 100 RP's I believe

Abbi considers the list of goods and then offers a list of her own that may be useful to the nomads, she will also mention the offer of 5% yield on any monies borrowed (as in the original request from the Martyr).

drack
2013-10-25, 06:36 AM
Flame: it was to both, just happened to be big and nearby. Anywho feel free to read what I told rweird.

Trade: out of actions, regent actions most of all :smallwink:

rweird
2013-10-25, 07:17 AM
Okay, sounds like a deal. Still, we'd need to build two more roads. I think Gaiy is loose on what constitutes an action (didn't he have the dark empire establish trade with the orcs, and the hobgoblins, and recruit that massive army somehow, and keep adding to it)? I think it'd cost you 200 RPs, and me 600, though we'd have to make roads first.

What do you think Gaiy?

drack
2013-10-25, 07:59 AM
Out of actions is out of actions. Dark empire has more because it's a coalition of nations.

Shamanu
2013-10-27, 08:38 AM
Abbi talks with the leader and offers him a deal with recovered battlefield equipment, she authorise these items to be sold at 60% instead of the usual 50%. She also asks "do you seek peace with the grove, my being here is to establish peaceful trade between us and if there is any other nearby nations that may also be approached with such offers I would like to meet with them as well". Abbi watches the response and awaits what she hopes is a good response, she feels things are going well and that there is room to develop trade.

rweird
2013-10-27, 11:38 AM
"Yes, peace is the natural course, you do not need a reason for it, just no reason against. The only nation we've met are hobgoblins to the north, so we assume you know of them. Do you have knowledge of any other nations that might seek to trade with you?"

Shamanu
2013-10-29, 12:10 PM
Abbi replies with "no, I have not met any that we could do trade with".

rweird
2013-10-29, 02:51 PM
"A pity. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

Shamanu
2013-10-31, 03:34 AM
"Not for the moment, is there anything you wish to discuss"?

rweird
2013-10-31, 05:54 AM
"I'd like to know if you have any information about the surrounding terrain or inhabitants. We've just explored the desert and found nothing of note really, save the hobgoblins."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 07:23 PM
Hi all, drack said you might want a sidequest. Could you guys bring me up to speed about where you are, and what's around?

rweird
2013-10-31, 07:31 PM
Hi all, drack said you might want a sidequest. Could you guys bring me up to speed about where you are, and what's around?

Um... I am negotiating peace with drack's champion and in general chatting. Not much is happening really because Gaiy is inactive, at least for me, not sure about drack. This thread is a negotiation orbital thread, not a nation thread, so here might not be the place to ask.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 07:55 PM
This is the thread drack linked me to, so I took him at his word that it was.
Tell you what, if you guys want, I could run a small quest of the "deal with a local threat" variety for any champions present that are interested, after your negotiations are done.

If no one's interested, I'll just but out, though. :smallwink:

rweird
2013-10-31, 08:08 PM
This is the thread drack linked me to, so I took him at his word that it was.
Tell you what, if you guys want, I could run a small quest of the "deal with a local threat" variety for any champions present that are interested, after your negotiations are done.

If no one's interested, I'll just but out, though. :smallwink:

I'd be interested, though pretty much everywhere nearby here is explored or being explored (I think the closest unexplored is at least two hexes). A collaborative quest could be fun though. Still, I don't have any champions for such a quest.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 08:23 PM
Do you have any NPC followers or a cohort? You could use them.

As for explored hexes and whatnot, I'll think of something. Probably have something that previously evaded your notice or the like.

drack
2013-10-31, 08:35 PM
Actually if we're turning this into a group thing I have 29 survives (level 1) headed that way as my followers that I could RP through a spokesmen system if we're allowed to use followers on this. :smalltongue:

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 08:40 PM
Well, I'm more comfortable running stuff for standard adventurers. (as opposed to FoB units.) I suppose you could use the followers, but their attrition rate is likely to be high. (assuming they're standard lv 1 npc's)

rweird
2013-10-31, 08:45 PM
Do you have any NPC followers or a cohort? You could use them.

As for explored hexes and whatnot, I'll think of something. Probably have something that previously evaded your notice or the like.

Yeah, I have some things like that, though I'm not sure how well it'd work (Cohort will be busy for a while). Could stat up some followers though.

drack
2013-10-31, 08:46 PM
Yup, I figure having... 4HP, and... 7AC. Yup, they're fleeing the dark empire's forces, so it's all good. would xp go to my character though, or what? :smallconfused:

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 09:04 PM
Yup, I figure having... 4HP, and... 7AC. Yup, they're fleeing the dark empire's forces, so it's all good. would xp go to my character though, or what? :smallconfused:

If they manage to actually do anything useful, I'd be fine with you getting xp.

Heck, if you manage to do anything really amazing with them (and Gaiya agrees) I'd be ok with turning some of them from redshirts to mauve shirts (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MauveShirt).

Oh, and how the hell did they get 7 AC? :smallconfused:

rweird
2013-10-31, 09:18 PM
Hmm, who for me to send...

Should we make a different thread for this adventure thing?

For unexplored hexes, 166 is the closest (and probably really dangerous).

Probably got 7 AC from Pathetic (Dex), and the vulnerable flaw (base dex of 8 or 9), or they have aging penalties.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 09:30 PM
A pair of new threads might be a good idea.

I need to discuss things with Gaiya first, though. And need a little time to think of something. I'm thinking it'll be subterranean, via an opening revealed by an earthquake. So, it can be entered via an explored hex.

drack
2013-10-31, 10:02 PM
If they manage to actually do anything useful, I'd be fine with you getting xp.

Heck, if you manage to do anything really amazing with them (and Gaiya agrees) I'd be ok with turning some of them from redshirts to mauve shirts (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MauveShirt).

Oh, and how the hell did they get 7 AC? :smallconfused:

Just because they're not high level or full of power doesn't mean they're redshirts. :smallmad: They're elite professionals. :smallbiggrin:

Anywho no fears, I hadn't intended them to just piggyback xp. I probably wouldn't opt to play them were I to believe them simple redshirts to die. (though as a FoB unit they may well be... :smalltongue:)

Also subterranian sounds cool. Should I RP their arrival here first?

Chilingsworth
2013-10-31, 10:14 PM
Sure. I'll need a day or two to come up with the details. Also, want to give Gaiya sufficient time to respond to my ideas.

What are your minions, actually?
Class? race? stat array?

drack
2013-10-31, 10:54 PM
human, venerable old adepts10-6 physical leavs me with (I stand corrected, 3HP), and 13 wis/int/cha. No real mechanical benefit to the -3+1 for that last age category, but figured why not since they're the martyr's old staff, and he's old enough. :smalltongue:

Shamanu
2013-11-01, 02:35 AM
I too would be interested, I have a unit of Hobgoblins which the stats for are in the old thread so no worries on getting them if you need them. I play a Psion champion, she should be ok for some support.

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 02:51 AM
I wont be running anything that will require the FoB stats. So far, the quests I've built have been more about finding a hidden threat, or hidden resources (or both!) (or were half-arsed, sorry about that, drack. :smallredface:) (or were rendered obsolete by changing events. Again, adversely effects drack. :smallsigh: Not my fault there, though!)

Anyone who's interested (and has an IC reason to be around) is welcome, though! :smallsmile:

drack
2013-11-01, 05:35 AM
(or were rendered obsolete by changing events. Again, adversely effects drack. :smallsigh: Not my fault there, though!)

Oh fear not, with an army and a half of people, I should be able to do just fine... maybe. :smallbiggrin:

rweird
2013-11-01, 06:25 AM
My minions, I haven't made them yet. My non-minions... would be hard to balance with other things due to higher ECL.

Also, if the threat is too big, I reserve the right of my military to attack (sorry, but we would use our military if we think it is the only thing that could deal with the threat, or best deal with it, assuming it isn't away).

drack
2013-11-01, 06:35 AM
Having been watching one of chillings GMings I think I can safely say you won't see the need. :smallwink: Feel free to send the higher ECL individual I suppose. My level 1s aren't leveling up in the mean time, nor is Shamanu, but he'll gain feats, and I'm used to going in outclassed since I intentionally lower my op to do so often enough. Though I think I may take you up on that reclaiming the hobgoblins bit Shamanu. :smallwink:
Anywho Chilling usually does easy encounters anyways, and for the occasional somewhat challenging one, there can always be a bigger opponent for them. Anywho treat my level 1s as you might treat a single character of Shamanu's ECL for encounter planning. Should make it simpleish. :smallbiggrin:

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 01:28 PM
Having been watching one of chillings GMings I think I can safely say you won't see the need. :smallwink: Feel free to send the higher ECL individual I suppose. My level 1s aren't leveling up in the mean time, nor is Shamanu, but he'll gain feats, and I'm used to going in outclassed since I intentionally lower my op to do so often enough. Though I think I may take you up on that reclaiming the hobgoblins bit Shamanu. :smallwink:
Anywho Chilling usually does easy encounters anyways, and for the occasional somewhat challenging one, there can always be a bigger opponent for them. Anywho treat my level 1s as you might treat a single character of Shamanu's ECL for encounter planning. Should make it simpleish. :smallbiggrin:

Which of my GMings are you referring to?
It can only be one of three:
Two of them are in towns, where I'm mostly throwing NPCs around (and have my hands tied by Gaiya's request that I not create any major NPCs.)

The third was the one I actually ran for drack. Which was my first attempt and was a completely off the cuff effort.

But yeah, I'm not a killer GM. That said, if you do something stupid or poorly thought out, I'll gladly let you suffer the consequences.
(for example, announcing your coming will let your enemies stage an ambush and/or evacuate if they have the capability.)

drack
2013-11-01, 01:31 PM
I was thinking of the one you're running for beel. The one you ran for me I consider more as quazi-gming then gming since admittedly you were probably pretty thrown off or something. :smallbiggrin:

Chilingsworth
2013-11-01, 02:12 PM
Ok, Gaiya has approved my ideas.

Here's the OOC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16335962#post16335962)

drack
2013-11-01, 02:55 PM
From the north twenty or so arcanists come stumbling through the sand, awkwardly hobbling through the sand... or at least they were until someone near the top of the dune fell, rolling down the hill, tripping everyone else below him until they all lay in a heap before the nomad encampment.

rweird
2013-11-01, 04:42 PM
"Hail friends!" Therrik calls as the arcanists make there clumsy entrance. "What brings you here? Is all well?"

drack
2013-11-01, 04:52 PM
Quickly detaching himself from the group one in white robes with a rather large spot of yellow on the front dashes quickly to another, this one in green robes. "Mr.-Junior-Interim-Deputy-Lieutenant-Corporal-Assistant-Secretary-to-the-Board-of-Commissions-of-Long-Winded-Yet-Extremely-Important-Tittle-Distribution-for-the-High-General-of-the-Seventeenth-Airborn-Regement-of-the-Grove-Sir. Mr.-Junior-Interim-Deputy-Lieutenant-Corporal-Assistant-Secretary-to-the-Board-of-Commissions-of-Long-Winded-Yet-Extremely-Important-Tittle-Distribution-for-the-High-General-of-the-Seventeenth-Airborn-Regement-of-the-Grove-Sir. It seems we've come to a town Sir!" Somehow beyond reason the thin white robbed man manages to string the title into one word, fitting it all in several seconds as if to make it into a name. "There are people sir! A town sir! They seem to be calling us sir, do you want me to shoot them?" Almost instantly the youth jumps into the stance of an evocationist ready to blast something to bitsy pieces. The man in green robes is somewhat slower to rise, slowly waving aside the youth's stance. Brushing some dust off himself he strides confidently forward, not a speck of urine on his cloths (though a slight excess of sweat everywhere), and extends his hand to you. "Hello, I'm The Junior Interim Deputy Lieutenant Corporal Assistant secretary to the Board of Commissioner of Long-Winded Yet Extremely Important Tittle Distribution for the High General of the Seventeenth Airborn Regement of the Grove, glad to make your acquaintance. I fear we're off to a bit of a rocky start with the dark emperor personally having just destroyed our unit, but we managed to survive to fight again. I hope you won't mind us hiding out here for a time considering the circumstances."

rweird
2013-11-01, 05:45 PM
Therrik whispers something to one of the others, who goes off running to the camp, then steps forwards and shakes the Junior Interim Deputy's hand. "I am Therrik Klirson, leader of the people in the camp you've mentioned. Well met and welcome. This is Abbi, diplomat from the Darkened Grove. Still, I have not heard of this 'dark emperor', could you tell me of him?"

drack
2013-11-01, 05:57 PM
Ah, Abbi, an honor. I confess I was somewhat stunned to hear of your progress at the central crystal. Not often to see many of such talent.
Turning his head while holding his hand out for Abbi to shake.

The "youth" meanwhile, who appears closer to seventy from this distance... perhaps it was all the jumping about and energy. "The blessings of death... or life, whichever it is you have a the moment to you Mr. Therrik Klirson. This Dark Emperor is all the talk in our fine nation these days. You see he was once a king of a savage nation that enslaved those alive to serve the other living. Never really heard what they did with the dead, but it doesn't matter much since another fine nation that seemed to be the other way around and equals savage killed them all. This Emperor though, he willingly chose to move on to death, feeling that the time was calling for him, which shows a real growth of character. So far it seems he's filling the Messiah roll wonderfully, though I worry that he may be overworking himself a bit much. Could you imagine running a whole nation like that without any life? Well in any case, it seems that he agreed that this town we were going to would be ours, then killed most of my troop for it. As fourth in command that puts me in command now. He seems nice enough, though he didn't look in the best of moods that day. You know how death knights can be at times. It's been postulated that the religious zeal mixes the divine energies deeper into the negative energies which can be quite obnoxious at times. Worse then lycanthropy if you know what I mean."

rweird
2013-11-01, 06:09 PM
"Ah, I see. We offer you our hospitality as long as you need."

drack
2013-11-01, 06:27 PM
Nodding absent mindedly, turning to his troops the man in green robes nods his acceptance of this fact. "Come on guys, chop chop." The man in the green robe seems about to give them an order when suddenly he stops. "Hoffgoff?"
"Lieutenant Corporal?" A hob goblin replies from the rank and file.
"It is you!"
"You survived facing off against the Dark Emperor?!"
Who else? Didn't I always tell you how mighty I was?
Didn't I always say how full of it you are? You self righteous arse. Still Abbi's gonna be twice as safe with you here.
Speaking of safe, what are you lot doing in formation? Set sentries Damnit!
Yes sir.

rweird
2013-11-01, 08:44 PM
"If you'd rather stay in our camp, you'd be welcome. Also, do you know of any nations besides the one this 'dark emperor' rules?"

drack
2013-11-01, 08:51 PM
Hard to say, it seems they're slowly being conquered by that one.
no, no, that won't do. We couldn't put your people out of their tents, especially when we've got our own.

rweird
2013-11-01, 08:55 PM
"We mean you pitch your tents with ours, so you can be closer to the water supply, and our sentries, along with yours, could watch in case anything comes, lastly, we'd be able to get better feels for each other's cultures."

drack
2013-11-01, 08:57 PM
"Yes, that does sound lovely, though I've heard that foreigners don't all practice the hunt. Is this true?"

rweird
2013-11-01, 09:00 PM
"The hunt? Well, I can't say I've heard of it, so I'd assume we don't."

drack
2013-11-01, 09:04 PM
Ah, what do your people eat then if you don't hunt?

rweird
2013-11-01, 09:08 PM
"We hunt on occasion, we don't call it 'the hunt' though, just hunting, we also gather food from flora we find in the desert, and have small gardens by the oasis. We can get by, if not prosper, and we have more abundant territory further south."

drack
2013-11-01, 09:17 PM
But you have times set aside for hunting right? Or do you have it all the time?

rweird
2013-11-01, 09:19 PM
"We hunt when we need to. What of your people? How do you hunt?"

drack
2013-11-01, 09:24 PM
"So whenever you need food you just hunt it?"

rweird
2013-11-01, 09:28 PM
"If we don't have food, though we would check our gardens too or see if we can buy food from someone else. Usually we hunt before we need food so be never go hungry."

drack
2013-11-01, 09:30 PM
You suddenly notice the armies eying you and your people hungrily. "Any time of the day?"

rweird
2013-11-01, 09:41 PM
The people look uneasy and take a few steps back. Therrik stays, though also looks a bit put-off by the hungry gazes. "Usually during the day not the night for connivence, sunrise and sunset are the best times due to the activity of the [animals in the desert]* at said time. Now, could you tell us what you call the hunt is?"

Would knowledge Local, Nature, or Politics tell me of your "hunt?"

*I don't know much about desert ecosystems IRL, so I can't say what you would hunt. Assume I list normal animals, as deer and birds would be to woodlands.

drack
2013-11-01, 09:43 PM
lizard, snake, usually more that type of stuff.
"In some parts of our nation it is always the hunt, in other parts it is only at night. The Hunt is when we hunt each other to get our fill as it seems you do too."

rweird
2013-11-01, 10:03 PM
"I suppose your idea of the hunt is different that ours. We don't hunt each other. We hunt other animals, though not humanoid, when we need to, though never too much, so we do not heavily unbalance the ecosystem. Us working together makes us more productive than if we hunted each other."

drack
2013-11-01, 10:07 PM
The Man ***** an eyebrow. "But you're not working together, you're ostracizing them, and only benefiting from your own labor. Such a waste."

rweird
2013-11-01, 10:09 PM
"What do you mean? We can specialize, those best at farming can farm, those best at hunting can hunt, those that have skills in craftsmenship can make tools for others to use, along with build shelters, which is easier than one person having to do all of that."

drack
2013-11-01, 10:20 PM
What do the [desert animal] do?

Chilingsworth
2013-11-02, 01:27 AM
Now I think I understand your culture, drack! You're kind of like PETA, but extended to undead in addition to animals. Oh, and willing to accept that creatures need to hunt each other to eat sometimes.

Shamanu
2013-11-02, 03:01 AM
[QUOTE=drack;16337431]Ah, Abbi, an honor. I confess I was somewhat stunned to hear of your progress at the central crystal. Not often to see many of such talent.
Turning his head while holding his hand out for Abbi to shake.

Abbi takes the proffered hand and shakes it, she thanks the guy for his recognition and listens to the conversation. She gets concerned when he mentions of death knights, she absentmindedly looks around as if expecting one to turn up.

Chilingsworth
2013-11-02, 04:17 AM
OOC:
Shamanu, if you're ready for (and still interested in) the sidequest, please post in the OOC thread I linked for it. :smallsmile:

rweird
2013-11-02, 07:53 AM
"They go about their lives, gathering food, living separate from us, presumably out of fear. They find shelter, food and water, care for young. We train some as beasts of burden, steeds, or guards."

drack
2013-11-02, 08:05 AM
So you both enslave and ostracize them? Shaking his head in disbelief you hear several people muttering about savages within the body of troops.

OOC:
Shamanu, if you're ready for (and still interested in) the sidequest, please post in the OOC thread I linked for it. :smallsmile:

This one. :smallwink:
Ok, Gaiya has approved my ideas.

Here's the OOC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16335962#post16335962)

Now I think I understand your culture, drack! You're kind of like PETA, but extended to undead in addition to animals. Oh, and willing to accept that creatures need to hunt each other to eat sometimes.

Well, that's a part of it. :smalltongue: I was going less for the PETA vibe, more for the hippie vibe in that part, but they're similar in some ways. More that since we give "human rights" to everything those rights have to change to make the nation itself a thriving ecosystem. Still there are a few more spiritual/ritual elements. :smallwink:

rweird
2013-11-02, 08:28 AM
"They are well treated when they serve us, have food, shelter, water, and what they'd need. From what we can tell, most animals that don't live with us don't want to do so, it isn't excluding, they just don't seem to try to join. It wouldn't be excluding someone from a card game if they just don't want to join."

drack
2013-11-02, 08:46 AM
And the ones you enslave try to join in? I've certainly heard of cases where enslavement can make them want the enslavement just because the slave master wants them to like it. To put it another way, would you personally be willing to fill the role of any one of those animals?

rweird
2013-11-02, 08:54 AM
"I would be rather ill suited to many of the jobs, being rather physically weak, but if that was the way I could best serve the community, I would be happy to do such work, and the animals, many lacking hands, would have trouble doing the work I would be more suited for."

drack
2013-11-02, 08:57 AM
The man shakes his head. "Community, productivity, it is alien to us to think in such terms, but I suppose then that we don't well understand your people. You do of course allow them their say in matters of state, right?"

rweird
2013-11-02, 09:11 AM
"Yes, we try, to the extent we can understand each other. I suppose that your concepts of hunting each other is as alien to us as you'd find our culture."

drack
2013-11-02, 09:13 AM
Shaking his head vaguely at the notion the Lieutenant Corporal (as the hobgoblin had called him) walks away to help with setting up the camps.

Chilingsworth
2013-11-02, 09:22 AM
An earthquake strikes! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16340843#post16340843)

drack
2013-11-02, 12:02 PM
Ah. :smalltongue: