PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Insane inventor

Spore
2013-10-22, 04:29 PM
Hi guys,

I want to create an insane inventor character for ... reasons. While I try to fit in silly harmless or cute inventions and the occasional comically evil bunny disruptor 5000, the targetted alignment should be CN aka weirdly insane.

Which class should suit my needs the best? Alchemist? Wizard? Cloistered Cleric with Artifice domain? Synthesist with robot looking eidolon armor? I am looking for a pretty simple and flexible creator of wondrous items. Be it an automatic nose picker, an cat exploder or a blow dryer working on steam elementals.

Core books please as there isn't much else released here yet, so UM, UC, CRB, APG, MHB 1 to 3, specific items from UE if I translate them to German.

Keneth
2013-10-22, 05:32 PM
To be honest, there is no tinkerer class in Pathfinder (yet). Everything you're trying to achieve is mostly related to skills and feats. Craft, Profession, and Knowledge are most of what you need to be an artificer, whereas Prodigy, Master Craftsman, and Craft Construct will complement the skills so you can make some fancy stuff like clockworks, homunculi, and golems.

Core books please as there isn't much else released here yet, so UM, UC, CRB, APG, MHB 1 to 3, specific items from UE if I translate them to German.

Why do you need books? You have everything you need on the SRD. Unless you have a lot of trouble translating to German.

JHShadon
2013-10-22, 06:11 PM
There's a third party Tinker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/interjection-games/tinker) class, I've only barely skimmed it but it might be worth it to give it a read.

Spore
2013-10-22, 06:47 PM
Why do you need books?

Our GMs only allow stuff they can read back. So the posted tinker class should be translated and balanced for our setting.

Perhaps I could use the Eberron artificer: https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/classes/artificer

Still a lot to translate but bearable (plus I have experience in that class).