PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson's War E6 Compendium (WIP)

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:38 PM
Eventually, I'll have 9 E6 classes, plus possibly some races, posted here. For now, I'll just post as I finish the classes.

The 9 classes

Melee
Legionnaire: Soldier designed around providing bonuses for fighting in groups
Slayer: Powerful single combat soldier
Militia: Basic unit. Anyone considering playing this will find it rather difficult.

Ranged
Sniper: Focused around taking down powerful single targets from a distance
Sprayer: Fighting in a closer range than the Sniper, but fires off more shots at more people
Mechanic: Allows for better usage of ranged siege weapons

Casters
Healer: These casters do their best to keep allies fighting long after they should have died
Weaver: These casters provide powerful shields for their allies and reduce the effectiveness of the enemy
Blaster: Every new player's dream! Throwing around powerful spells to decimate your opponents.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:39 PM
Legionnaire

Hit Dice D10

Skills Points: (Int + 2) x 4 at first level, Int +2 at all others

Skills: Climb, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Profession, Ride, Spot, Survival, Swim

Level | BaB | Fort | Ref | Will | Abilities
1 | +1 | +2 | +0 | +0 | Stand United
2 | +2 | +3 | +0 | +0 | Shield Wall
3 | +3 | +3 | +1 | +1 | Combat Reflexes DR 1/-
4 | +4 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Quick Reposition
5 | +5 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Training
6 | +6 | +5 | +2 | +2 | Part of a Machine DR 2/-

Stand United - Whenever an adjacent ally attacks a target that the Legionnaire attacked since the beginning of his last turn that ally receives a bonus equal to the Legionnaire's level to their attack and damage rolls

Shield Wall - All adjacent allies wielding heavy or tower shields receive a morale bonus to their AC equal to the Legionnaires level. In addition, they receive a morale bonus to all saves equal to half this amount.

Combat Reflexes - At third level a Legionnaire receives Combat Reflexes as a bonus feat. If the Legionnaire already has Combat Reflexes they may choose any Fighter bonus feat.

DR - At third level a Legionnaire learns to shrug off some blows. They gain DR 1/- that increases to DR 2/- at level 6

Quick Reposition - By expending an Attack of Opportunity for the round a Legionnaire of at least 3rd level may attempt a DC 15 reflex save if an adjacent ally falls unconscious, falls prone, dies, or moves out of their space. If successful, that Legionnaire may enter the space.

Training - A Legionnaire of at least 5th level can share some of their experiences. Given 1 month of uninterrupted work they may change up to their level 1st level militia into 1st level Legionnaires.

Part of the Machine - At 6th level a Legionnaire has realized that their success is not the same as the armies success. Stand United and Shield Wall no longer only affect adjacent allies, but now affect all allies within 30 feet. In addition, all allies within 15 feet wielding Light shields are affected as if they were wielding a heavy shield.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:42 PM
Slayer

Hit Dice D10

Skills Points: (Int + 2) x 4 at first level, Int +2 at all others

Skills: Climb, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Profession, Ride, Spot, Survival, Swim

1 | +1 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Bonus Feat, Building Attack +1
2 | +2 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Favored Enemy
3 | +3 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Building Defense
4 | +4 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Bonus Feat, Building Attack +2
5 | +5 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Training
6 | +6 | +5 | +2 | +5 | Angel of Death

Bonus Feat - At 1st and 4th level a Slayer gets a Bonus Feat from the Fighter Bonus Feat list

Building Attack - Whenever a Slayer successfully lands an attack they gain +1 to their attack and damage roll on their next attack against that target. If that attack hits, the bonus refreshes and stacks up to a maximum amount of their Slayer level*2. For each round a Slayer fails to attack or misses their target the bonus drops by two.

At 4th level each time the Slayer successfully lands an attack they gain +2 to their subsequent attack and damage rolls.

Favored Enemy - At second level a Slayer chooses a creature type. They gain the bonuses of the Rangers Favored Enemy against that creature type.

Building Defense - Whenever a 3rd level or higher Slayer receives a bonus due to their Building Attack, they receive the same bonus to their AC against the same target as their building attack, and half that bonus to all saves against all spells and abilities of that target.

Training - A Slayer of at least 5th level can share some of their experiences. Given 1 month of uninterrupted work they may change up to their level 1st level militia into 1st level Slayers

Angel of Death - A Slayer of 6th level has learned that sometimes you must focus on other enemies than your main one. The benefits of Building Attack and Building Defense now effect all enemies. Any successful attack will increase their Building attack, and the bonus to Attack Rolls, Damage rolls, AC, and Saves work no matter who you are attacking or who is attacking you.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:43 PM
Militia

D8 Hit Dice

Skills Points: (Int + 4) x 4 at first level, Int + 4 at all others

Skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Profession, Ride, Spot, Swim

1 | +0 | +0 | +0 | +0 |
2 | +1 | +0 | +0 | +0 |
3 | +1 | +1 | +1 | +1 |
4 | +2 | +1 | +1 | +1 |
5 | +2 | +1 | +1 | +1 | Training
6 | +3 | +2 | +2 | +2 | Master of Survival

Training - A Militia of at least 5th level can share some of their experiences. Given 1 month of uninterrupted work they may grant a number of 1st level Militia equal to their level enough experience points to bring them to 1000 experience points.

Master of Survival - A Militia of 6th level has realized that nothing can stop death. But they can delay it. In the exceedingly rare instance that a Militia make it to 6th level upon reaching 0 hit points the first time each day, they are set to full hit points and instantly teleported (not allowing attacks of opportunity) to an unoccupied square up to 50 feet away.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:44 PM
Reserved for later useage.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:45 PM
Reserved for Sprayer

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:46 PM
Reserved for Mechanic

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:48 PM
Reserved for Healer

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:50 PM
Reserved for Weaver

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:51 PM
Reserved for Blaster

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:52 PM
Reserved for special rules

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:54 PM
Reserved for Spare Posts

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 07:55 PM
And last one... Legionnaire should be up in ~15 minutes

Seerow
2013-10-22, 07:57 PM
Tag.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. My group's been doing e6 last few months and looks like it will be continuing for some time to come. Interested to see what you've got.

AttilaTheGeek
2013-10-22, 09:09 PM
What are your goals for this E6 project?

Why did you decide to make this E6 fix?

There have already been several E6 compendiums, most notably Rizban's and Gnorman's; how is yours distinct? In other words, what do you want to provide that these others don't?

Once you answer these questions and other questions like them, not only will you have more to show potential readers, but your answers will also help focus your work and keep it on target.

Clarkson
2013-10-22, 09:18 PM
What are your goals for this E6 project?

My goals are to create classes that could be used in an E6 campaign, especially one focused around War.

Why did you decide to make this E6 fix?

I was bored. Also, because I was planning on taking these classes after they've been looked over and creating a Fan Comic using only these classes.

There have already been several E6 compendiums, most notably Rizban's and Gnorman's; how is yours distinct? In other words, what do you want to provide that these others don't?

I have spent extensive time looking through both of those compendiums, but I don't like the Archetype system they both have in place (To much flexibility for a war campaign). My goal is to create a group of classes that is roughly on par with those classes, but has slightly less flexibility within classes.

Once you answer these questions and other questions like them, not only will you have more to show potential readers, but your answers will also help focus your work and keep it on target.

Thanks for the input.