PDA

View Full Version : Trading room :?

Clouds
2013-10-22, 09:06 PM
Hey i always wondered about a trading room like on a thread or forum im not really sure but it would obviously all be based on a trust system :) Say person A has a scroll and person B is wanting a scroll and these people are located in different countries in the real world, so they person A or B posts up an advertisement or something and they make a trade, with a fee of delivery of course (all using dnd money obviously). in-game this could be treated as a world market in the town or whatever, I guess the GM would make the rules. And maybe a delivery time for the product/money to be delivered by a courier.
Just an idea tell me what you think :s

Quiddle
2013-10-22, 09:49 PM
This would be interesting if dms allowed it but i think that it would suffer from people selling things they don't have/for way too little.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-22, 10:01 PM
The Tippyland Guild of Wizards will, for a small fee (25,000 GP) create for you a personalized concierge that is linked to you with a permanent Telepathic Bond (if dispelled, dis-joined, or otherwise removed it will return in 1d4 rounds) and in addition to the messaging (and other) services offered it will buy (at 50% of market value) or sell any magical item to you within 1 minute of your request so long as you are anywhere on the material plane and not in a location where teleporation is barred (you have to pay extra to breach such defenses).

You make your request and (if you store your gold with the Guild bank) your item is delivered within the minute by your personal delivery minion. If you don't store your gold with the guild or don't have enough stored then the personal delivery minion will come, pick up the gold, and return within the minute with your item. To sell an item the minion takes it back (where it gets whacked with Analyze Dweomer) and then returns with your gold (or its deposited in your account).

The Tippyland Guild of Wizards is the adventurers best friend, helping you solve (or create) the worlds problem for ten thousand years and counting! :smallwink:

Kane0
2013-10-22, 10:07 PM
-Snip-

The Tippymart, I love it!

avr
2013-10-22, 10:18 PM
Someone suggested that in Eberron House Sivis might maintain a noticeboard via their whispering wind message network. It'd promote use of their services after all.

House Orien and/or Lyranadar would probably have an interest in such a thing for the goods transport involved, and House Kundarak might offer escrow accounts to assist in long-distance deals.