PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Brightness in Freedom Force Vs. The Third Reich

Ravens_cry
2013-10-23, 02:43 AM
I am using (or being used by, take your pick) Windows Vista, 2 gigabytes of RAM with a 2.33 GHZ processor and a graphics card designed for people who don't know what a graphics card is. Certainly not games. Despite this, the Freedom Force Vs. The Third Reich runs fine. However, it's rather dark. No fault of the computer, that's the monitor's fault. I can change the brightness in desktop mode, but these settings switch off once the game starts to run.
Still, I don't see any way of adjusting this in-game? It's almost unplayable as it is, even with all the lights off at night, which is too bad as everything else works just fine.
Anyone who remembers this 8 year old game able to help?

Tylorious
2013-10-23, 11:58 AM
Hey there, why don't you just try adjusting the brightness of the monitor itself (should have a menu button on the side, typically the bottom right corner of the physical monitor) and if that doesn't work, look up how to change the text files of the game to adjust the brightness. I believe these files are called .bin or something like that. Don't take my word for that. When you open the file it will look like a regular text file that lists a whole bunch of variables and their values. You can edit this file and hopefully there will be a variable that determines the brightness of the game. Check it out and let me know if it works for you.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-23, 12:39 PM
Thank you for the reply, though the physical button monitor settings are up all the way. I'm a bit leery of editing some file though.
I actually figured out a work around. Basically, I put it in windowed mode by editing the shortcut. This means the gamma changes I make in desktop mode stay in effect.

Tylorious
2013-10-23, 12:42 PM
smart work around. enjoy the game :)