PDA

View Full Version : Making a Know-it-all/Black Widow

Vaz
2013-10-23, 10:14 AM
I've joined a game that I can only make sporadic assistance to, and have decided to try and become a know it all/dictionary/secret finder.

I'm starting at 11th level, but any additional progression would be interesting.

My first thought was Incarnate 3/Cloistered Cleric 3/Sapphire Hierarch 4, but I thought that was sort of cheating, and I didn't want a flavour that was too magical in my method of generating knowledge; I wanted it to be my own ingrained ability.

So far, I've got Changeling Factotum 3/Swashbuckler 4/Marshal 1/Cloistered Cleric 1/Incarnate 2 (Int 16/Cha 16)

With Able Learner, Obscure Lore for +4, Collector of Stories. This gives me +13 to Bardic Knowledge Checks (Int and Cha together), Seduction (~22 to checks getting me valuable secrets. Fey Heritage and Fey Presence gets me Charm Person as an SLA to ensure I can seduce them.

Thoughts of Progression;

Exorcist of the Silver Flame 4 (for Detect Thoughts at Will, and 2nd level Cleric Spells)
Shape Soulmeld; Shedu Crown (for Mindsight)
Knowledge Devotion

After there, I'm sort of stuck, any help?

Zombulian
2013-10-23, 11:01 AM
You're pretty behind on spellcasting now so I'm not really sure. Maybe you can be a Rilkan instead and take the Rilkan Rogue sub level for bardic knowledge?

Warlocknthewind
2013-10-23, 11:08 AM
Play an archivist, 'nuff said. You are going to have so many skill points you won't know what to do with... Maybe Archivist5/rogue1/Shadbowbane stalker5 combinations are what'll suit your need.

Archvist HH
Shadowbane CV

Tvtyrant
2013-10-23, 03:12 PM
Factotum 3/Dragon Fire Adept 17 gets you everything you ever wanted. Int to everything physical, and a con based class that can afford to crank int without losing anything. Apply int mod to a knowledge check and then add +6 from the draconic knowledge invocation, and all knowledge skills as class skills for both classes (along with UMD!)

So you can get a +12 to a knowledge check starting at level 4, along with keeping them maxed. You also have a combat style that gives you a good trick for every battle (entangling breath followed by slow breath) and int to trips, bullrushes, grapples, etc. Renaissance man.

Diovid
2013-10-23, 03:17 PM
The correct answers is gnome (preferebly a gnome subrace with an int bonus) bardic sage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantBardicSage) 4 - 6 / marshal 0 or 1 / dragonfire adept 0 or 1 / urban savant 9 / paragnostic apostle 5 with the Trivial Knowledge feat.

Dragonfire Adept is from Dragon Magic, Urban Savant is from Cityscape, Paragnostic Apostle is from Complete Champion and Trivial Knowledge is from Races of Stone.

Some other feats you might like:

Breadth of Knowledge (Unearthed Arcana)
Dragonic Aura (Dragon Magic)
Draconic Knowledge (Dragon Magic)
Master of Knowledge (Heroes of Horror)