PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Android Games

tigerusthegreat
2013-10-23, 01:58 PM
First caveat, I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S2 at the moment, so it needs to run decently on that...

Anyone got any fun games they love for Android? I'm not a huge fan of the "running" games, like Temple Run, but otherwise, I'm up for just about anything, paid or not (free or free trial preferred).

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-10-23, 02:02 PM
You might wanna have a look at the current Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/), which features a slew of Android games.

Also, Game Dev Story (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.gamedev3en&hl=en) is a wonderful little game. It's a sim of a game development company, focused on abstraction and fun, cute graphics. Incredibly enjoyable, and it has a lot of stuff to explore and uncover.

GybeMark
2013-10-23, 02:05 PM
As cool as it is to bash the Evil-Giant-Corporations-that-are-Ruining-Gaming both "Where's my Water" and "Where's my Perry" are fun little Disney games that the kids (and mom-and-dad) have a blast with. First batch of levels are free, so if it's not your cup-of-tea...

I'm still waiting for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition to hit though...

tigerusthegreat
2013-10-23, 02:14 PM
I've played and really enjoyed Game Dev Story, and gotten about as much play as is possible out of that game. I also have Game Dev Tycoon for PC, and loving that game too (which IMHO, is a better version of Game Dev Story).

I'll look at the humble bundle, thanks

Ogremindes
2013-10-23, 04:50 PM
I've played and enjoyed Dungeon Village and Beastie Bay by Kairosoft, the same company that did game dev story.
Aside from that, the mobile version of Majesty is pretty good, the indirect control scheme translates well to touch, Knights of Pen and Paper is a fun JRPG-style game with nice theming, especially considering the forums we're on, and Hunters: Episode One was somewhat unstable on android when I played it, but if it's working better now it's a nice turn-based tactical game with RPG progression.

Thanatos 51-50
2013-10-24, 02:37 AM
I've been playing a lot of Nimble Quest (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.nimblequest&hl=en) recently.
The best pithy description I can give for it is "Hardcore Snake". Of course, to be slightly more accurate, it's "Hardcore Fantasy Snake."

Look, it's fun and lightweight, okay?

Tylorious
2013-10-24, 08:00 AM
Not sure if this is what you are wanting, but i know there is an android app that is a game boy advance emulator, opening your game library on your phone up to an entire console library. I believe there is also one for the super nintendo.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-10-24, 08:35 AM
Wait, there's a mobile version of Majesty? Why didn't I think of looking for that? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

tigerusthegreat
2013-10-24, 03:02 PM
Call me stupid, but I cannot get my games to save for Majesty. I have beaten the first levle 3 times now, and every time I restart the application, I have to play it again