PDA

View Full Version : Artificer//Warmage Gestalt

Darth_Versity
2013-10-23, 02:00 PM
So my after long hiatus from our 3.5 game after some series problems that happened at the end of our last campaign (I accidently destroyed the planar boundary between the Prime Material and the Abyss and caused the two to become one plane :smalleek:) our DM is getting us back together to save the world.

200 years have passed and we are starting off as fresh lvl 1's that have been born into this abyssal nightmare and must find away to fix the destabilised planar boundary's. Thanks to the harsh environment that has been our upbringing, we are much hardier than the usual adventuring ilk and get to gestalt and have a 36pt buy (previous was 28)

Now it may be a bit of metagaming, but I know that the device which caused all the problems (and can fix them) is an epic level custom magical planar prison that requires ridiculous UMD checks (last time I had a +23 to UMD and I still caused all this). I decided that Artificer is the way forward when it comes to UMD, and thus I'm having that as one of my classes.

The other I decided would be Warmage, because the race I've chosen has a bonus to Cha and Int and I've never played one (I would have chosen Wizard, but I can't be bothered with the book keeping)

The character I have so far is this
Magic Blooded (Magic 306) Lesser Cansin (Magic 297) Artificer 1//Warmage 1
STR:10 +0
DEX:14 +2
CON:14 +2
INT:18 +4
WIS:8 -1
CHA:20 +5

Trait: Absent Minded
Flaw: Frail
Feats:
1. Scribe Scrolls
1. Versatile Spellcaster (Dragon blooded prereq house ruled away)
1. Extraordinary Artisan
2. Brew Potion
3. Craft Wondrous Item
3. Skill Focus (UMD)
4. Legendary Artisan
5. Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Now I'm looking for some help based on getting my UMD check as high as possible, and feat/PrC options past level 5. Most of the party will probably be fairly underwhelming, so no Rainbow Servant or other cheese, but a solid PrC that offers full casting would be fantastic.

Also, are there good options for low level alchemical items and spells to keep on scrolls. I can easily start with a few ready made items thanks to my craft reserve and Craft (Alchemy) skill. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Are there any good options for the Advanced Learning choice?

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-23, 02:06 PM
Well, skill focus, Nymphs Kiss, and the basic +2 to 2 feat get us to +7. Ranks at 1st level gets us 4 more. Lets say a safe +2 cha mod.

Now we are at +13.

But wait, we are an artificer. You can craft scrolls of 2nd level spells at first level. Laugh and make a scroll of Guidance of the Avatar and or Divine Insight to get +20 and +8 to the roll respectively. Total, +41.