PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Maneuver-Like Spells

A.A.King
2013-10-23, 05:23 PM
This is a bit of a weird request, I'm looking for some Maneuver-Like Spells. I'm working on not so straight-up Melee-Cleric whose basically denying to himself that he is a spellcaster instead of a mighty warrior. So now I'm looking for some good spells for him to use but my knowledge of spells is extremely limited. They can't be spells with too magical of an effect, like a summoning spell or a direct damage spell. No, I want some (low level) spells which enhance his combat abilities for one round. Stuff like Rhino Rush (which he gets thanks to the Wrath Domain), a swift action spell that lets him do one powerful charge.

I'm ofcourse not limiting myself to just one round spells, stuff like Bull's Strength and other Melee buffs will also be used, but right now I'm just looking for Cleric spells like Rhino Rush which get cast as a Swift, Move or Immediate Action and which enhance his combat in the way a maneuver from ToB would.

Fax Celestis
2013-10-23, 05:34 PM
PHB-II has blade of blood, blinding color surge, halt, hesitate, meteoric strike, stretch weapon, and sure strike.

A.A.King
2013-10-24, 06:34 PM
Blade of Blood is nice but most others aren't divine spells, so can't use them.

Equinox
2013-10-24, 06:58 PM
Isn't there a "build-your-own-domain" class feature for Clerics? If you can get something like this, consider also Wraithstrike.

Psyren
2013-10-24, 07:16 PM
How would he fool himself though? Verbal components are pretty recognizable as verbal components.

Well, I suppose he could take nonverbal spell and grunt a lot...

A.A.King
2013-10-25, 04:27 AM
I hadn't really thought about the verbal components yet... but yeah, it will be either Nonverbal Spell or he just sees those components as just empowering himself like how shouting when you punch apparently makes you punch harder or how everyone always shouts out his special move (from Sneak Attack to Kamehameha)