PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Menarker
2013-10-23, 06:31 PM
:roy: "We have made it! Dorukan's Dungeon!"

:durkon: "Aye, we'll 'nuff the light of this buggah lich Xykon soon enuff."

:elan: "Mystery! Enchantment! Fantastic Engagement!"

:belkar: Who cares about all that stuff? I just wanna hear some screams...!

:haley: "... get some treasure! A place this big should be LOADED" she completed.

:vaarsuvius: "At last we're well prepared. This worrisome sense of deja vu of a gang of bumbling idiotic rag-tag heroes has ebbed!" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13961541#post13961541)

:elan: *Leans over and whispers* "Great job shilling to our readers about our previous adventures."

:vaarsuvius: :smallconfused: "I beg your pardon?"

:roy: "Can the chatter! We'll be entering shortly! I'll lead the way!"

GAME START!

Turn 1: *Roy*

Please choose among these actions.

> Equip Loot (This does not end your turn)
> Trade in Loot you Drool Over for a new shtick. (This does not end your turn.)
> Move down to the first room of the dungeon. (Further details once you take this action.)

Feel free to include the details for any combinations of these actions in the same post, but the movement must be the last one.

EDIT: I'll mostly refrain from roleplaying your own characters except to possibly set the scene for any sudden turn of events and I'll keep such responses generic.

Turn Order being: Roy, Durkon, Elan, Belkar, Haley, Vaarsuvius. (Officially at least). Players may still post out of order just for roleplaying chat if you wish.

Madmal
2013-10-24, 12:58 AM
:roy:"Right here's how it goes, I'll go in first so no-one gets to complain. Durkon, ready your Darkvision in case we'll need it and follow me. Haley and V, keep to the rear of the line for now. Elan... just, try not to stray. Same goes for you Belkar, and keep those daggers where i can see 'em."

> Move down to the first room of the dungeon.

Zolkabro
2013-10-24, 01:49 AM
:durkon: Och, I hav'nae used me darkvision in so long, I dinnae even rememb'r how t' use tha damn thing...
He wanders down after Roy, looking around warily, his hammer and shield tightly gripped in each hand.

Menarker
2013-10-24, 01:54 AM
ROOM REVEALED!

THE PASSAGEWAY OF HORRIBLE DEATH... for other people.
Effect: But not for you. The Battle Size in this room is always 0, regardless of what level it is on.

Roy steps down into the first hall and sees a several skeletons and rotting bodies. He also discovered the indentations of moved furnitures. Clearly whatever several monster in succession lived in this area, only to quickly move out to better retail property that isn't the only unavoidable room in the whole damn dungeon. Stupid adventurers disrupting their daily livelihood!

Roy can relax a little... for now.

EXTRA: BACKSTORY TRIGGER!

Explores *1*
Effect: Reveal and score points at the end of any turn in which you were the first player to move down a specific set of stairs and end their turn on the next lowest level of the dungeon.

Roy gains one Bragging Right Point!

Available Actions:
> Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster).
> Search for stairs. (Require rolling a 1, 2 or 3, barring an additional effects, to find any stairs)
> End turn. (Passes turn to Durkon)

Vesth
2013-10-24, 02:23 AM
:roy:"Same goes for you Belkar, and keep those daggers where i can see 'em."

> Move down to the first room of the dungeon.

:belkar: Bah, so long as this place doesn't get boring. I came here to stab stuff, not advance freakin' plot! Hey Ears, if there's nothing fun here, can you play 20 Really Pointy Things with me?"

He grins evilly at the squishiest member of the party.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-24, 04:04 AM
:belkar: Bah, so long as this place doesn't get boring. I came here to stab stuff, not advance freakin' plot! Hey Ears, if there's nothing fun here, can you play 20 Really Pointy Things with me?"

He grins evilly at the squishiest member of the party.

:haley: "Oh, Belkar's starting fights again. And Roy went and charged into the dungeon specifically so I have to play babysitter. Wait..." Haley peers a little down into the first room. "I know those clothes on that skeleton, Shadow Dancer. Whatever offed him must have been pretty tough, I think we're in for a long ride."

SlyJohnny
2013-10-24, 05:01 PM
:elan: "Roy is the bravest! Go, Roy!" Elan cheers. He unslings his lute. "If you don't mind, Roy, I'll leave you to handle the stairs yourself. You're really good at stairs. But I feel like the mood is a bit jovial considering we're stealthily entering a scary dungeon, so I'm going to try to heighten the sense of dramatic tension."

Elan strums on the lute, singing along to the music softly. You can't quite make out the words, as he's almost mumbling them, but it sounds quite serious and intense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559baFT-S9w).

He peers down the stairs as the song comes to an end, looking sad at Haley's words. He eyes the corpse. "Is it human... or is it dancer? Poor guy. It's bad he died down here. What kind of monster would murder a dancer in cold blood?"

Madmal
2013-10-24, 10:20 PM
:roy: "Well, my bet is on that big ugly monster at the entrance whom we tossed into that annoying narrating weirdo that was following us. Anyways, coast is clear... so far."

> Search for stairs. [roll0]
> End turn.

Menarker
2013-10-25, 01:37 AM
- No stairs found.
- Turn Ends

-----------------------------

Durkon's Turn Start!

Available Actions:

> Move down into the first floor of the dungeon. (Further details once you take this action.) You can stop at Roy's square (no real effect), or you can move in a room left or right from that square.

Zolkabro
2013-10-25, 01:52 AM
:durkon::smalleek: "Ach, wait for me, laddie, wait for me!" Durkon cries, clanking and stumbling down after Roy. He hesitates when he sees the corpses. "Och, poor souls." he mumbles, and touches his holy symbol for comfort. But then he comes alight again, and runs off into an anjoining room.
"Look in 'ere!" he calls back to everyone as he clankles away.

> Move down to Roy, then into the room to the right.

Menarker
2013-10-25, 02:49 AM
OOC: *Rolls random number generator for room*

Oh, it has GOT to be be ****ting me.

Durkon runs in the room to find...

A Mostly Empty Room.
Effect: It's not completely empty, mind you. The Battle Size is always -1 here. If this room is on the first floor, no battles are triggered here at all.

Durkon's holy symbol gave a false alarm as a tumbleweed blows through the room as if mocking the poor cleric.
Is the entire dungeon going to be abandoned? >_> (Seriously, it won't.)

AVAILABLE ACTIONS:
> Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster) or flip any appropriate shticks.
> Search for stairs. (Require rolling a 1, 2 or 3, barring an additional effects, to find any stairs)
> End turn. (Passes turn to Elan)

----------------------------------
OOC: Seriously, I'm as surprised as you guys are! The odds were so incredibly unlikely! However this does mean the later floors will have little to no safe rooms...

Zolkabro
2013-10-25, 11:09 AM
:durkon: "Hellooo? Anyboody home?" Durkon gingerely calls out.
"Nottin' much to see 'ere!" he calls back to the others, before having a more detailed look around.

> Searching for stairs: [roll0]
> End turn

Menarker
2013-10-25, 11:35 AM
- No stairs found.
- Durkon's turn ends.

Elan's Turn start!

> Play appropriate Screw This Cards or 'flip' Shticks.
> Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in 3 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > New room (3 spaces) (Further details once you take this action.)

WHAT WILL YOU DO? =3

Vesth
2013-10-25, 05:03 PM
:belkar: Oh, for crying out loud...Roy, did you lead us to the wrong dungeon or what? No, wait...I smell something...

SlyJohnny
2013-10-25, 05:54 PM
:elan: "Don't worry, everyone. Whenever a dungeon seems abandoned, it's because the villain knows you're coming, and has set up a deadly ambush!" Elan says, chirpily.

He advances down the stairs and heads right, past Durkon.

Menarker
2013-10-25, 09:11 PM
OOC: Rolls dice for new room.

... =O The generator is a trolling jerk.

----------------------------------------------

Elan rushes past the other two guys and enters...

Emergency Exit
Effect: If you begin your turn in this room, and there are no Monsters here, you may immediately move to the Dungeon Entrance instead of normal movement. You may not use the Emergency Exit if you are fleeing the dungeon.

... Seriously? The emergency exit is literally 1 round away from the main entrance? Who the hell designed this senseless dungeon!?

However, there is an occupant in the room THIS time...

---------------------
BATTLE BEGIN!

Battle Size 1: Leftmost (Turn-order)player to Elan is Belkar. So he chooses a monster to play for Elan to fight. Barring any relevant shticks or screw this cards being played.

------------------------
OOC: Seriously, all the rooms that would be helpful late game are being summoned early on! That's going to make things harder later! >_>

Vesth
2013-10-25, 11:11 PM
As Elan rushes into the new room, a familiar enemy awakens from it's slumber.

Rising from the depths of its slumber to defend the exit is a villian they have all met before. A villian so terrible, so powerful, it does not even make an appearance in canon!

Behold, the mighty, the scaly...

Dragon...FROM THE FRONT OF THE BOX!

:belkar: I knew that smelled familiar!

Dragon from the Front of the Box *Dragon*
ATK: 9 DEF: 7 Range: 3
Exp: 1 Loot: 2
Abilities:
- Breath Weapon: No Armor Shticks may be used against this Monster.
- Flying: No shticks with a Range of 0 may be used against this Monster.

EAT FLYING MONSTER, ELAN WITHOUT RANGE ATTACKS.

Menarker
2013-10-25, 11:38 PM
Alright, "curb-stomp" commence!

A quick note that players unable to defend using the appropriate shticks can still fight without a shtick, but they get no modifier (straight dice roll plus any assistance bonus) and a victory will only end up in a draw. Still beats getting a Wound though.

How will you proceed Elan?

Options:

> Flip appropriate Shticks, or Screw This Card (Any player)
> Trade loot to other players for assistance. (Currently only trading partners available are Roy and Durkon mainly due to them being the only players on the same floor)
> Roll to see if your defense exceeds its attack.

There will be about a day's wait for Screw This card responses. This can be made faster by players PMing me and declining to use any Screw This cards until I'm certain that either no one wants to cast or that no one is able to cast.

SlyJohnny
2013-10-26, 05:52 AM
:elan: Aww, man! I knew my player should've taken X-treme Diplomacy! Elan says, cryptically. He rolls to the side in an attempt to avoid the fiery breath that roils towards him...

[roll0] defense. Not searching for stairs, ending turn.

Menarker
2013-10-26, 09:41 AM
Elan's wish for X-treme Diplomacy has not be realized as he is scorched, leaving him X-tra crispy. Even his "In the Nick of Time" shtick didn't push his Defense quite high enough (although it was close).

Lose 1 Wound.

----------------------------------

Belkar turn start!

> Your Movement rate of 4 makes things more interesting. Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in up to 4 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > Elan/Dragon > New Room (4 spaces) (Further details once you take this action.)

Vesth
2013-10-26, 10:47 AM
As the dragon focuses on burning Elan to a crisp, Belkar leaps into the foray, sinking his daggers into it's hide!

:belkar: It's stabbing time!

STAB STAB STAB STAB STA-

I move into Durkon's room, then Leaping Attack my way onto Elan's dragon!

Attack: [roll0] against Dragon's 7 DEF.

Pick up loot!

FOR ELAN (The rest can read too.)
I use my KEEN NOSE ability on you. You have to show me one of the monster cards in your battle hand.

Vesth
2013-10-26, 11:21 AM
Since my move was invalid, I end my turn in Durkon's room, roll for stairs, then use my Screw This card "The Comic is Late", to attack the dragon.

The Comic is Late
When: At the end of your turn.
Effect: Since there's no new comic yet, you might as well read the last one again. Take an immediate additional turn.

And I roll for stairs!

Roll: [roll0]

Menarker
2013-10-26, 10:06 PM
To sum up the turn more accurately:

> Use effect of "Keen Nose" Shtick, targetting Elan. Elan must reveal one monster card.
> Move to Durkon's Room.
> Search for Stairs. (Already revealed as a failure)
> Screw This Card, "The comic is late". If this goes uncontested, you get a second turn.

Waiting for response from Elan and for possible Screw You cards in response to your Screw You card.

EDIT: Alright, enough time has passed I believe. "The Comic is Late Card" goes through.

> Keen Nose (Again, choose a target)
> Leaping Attack Dragon.

Belkar: Do you wish to trade loot with anyone to boost your chances to slay the dragon? (I ran out of nubile maidens to offer as a reward, so you'll have to accept some loot if you win.)
Others: Any "screw this" card that effects combat? (If you have any cards that activate during the actual die roll itself and want to keep it secret until it is actually rolled, you can PM me your wish to use it in advance. You can also set a condition for when it'll activate so it isn't wasted.)

Vesth
2013-10-27, 05:06 PM
Keen Nose Target: Durkon.

Attack: [roll0] against Dragon's 7 DEF

Menarker
2013-10-27, 09:11 PM
Durkon (Zolkabro), please PM me a monster card that is currently in your hand. (Any one would do). I'll PM that monster card and its description to Belkar (Vesth).

Belkar is attacking the dragon and has rolled. Any actions for screw this? I'll check the results tomorrow morning. (I have the day off)

EDIT:

Our Haley player has sent me a PM saying she wanted to play this Screw This card.

Forgotten Bonus
When: Immediately after the dice are rolled in any battle.
Effect: Choose one player or Monster that is battling. They retroactively gain +1 Attack or +1 Defense, as appropriate. This may reverse the result of the battle.

And she targetted the dragon, raising it's defense stat to +8, making the battle against Belkar a draw (no wounds dealt either way).

Any other screw this cards?

Menarker
2013-10-28, 11:53 AM
The dragon seems to recall an obscure tactic against airborne short murderous halflings and defends just well enough to survive with no ill effects against either parties.

AVAILABLE ACTIONS:
> Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster) or flip any appropriate shticks.
> End turn. (Passes turn to Haley)

Vesth
2013-10-28, 05:04 PM
I end my turn. You win this round, Haley...

Menarker
2013-10-28, 07:17 PM
Haley's Turn:

Available Actions:
> Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in 3 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > Dragon Room (3 spaces)

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-28, 07:29 PM
:haley: "Oh no, Elan! I'll save you!" Haley rushes down, following the trail Belkar left. She runs into the room with the dragon and belkar still staring each other down. "Oh, thank you mister dragon, holding Belkar off unti-"

The dragon roars in Haley's face, giving a menacing glare and causing her to stumble backwards.

"... Right. lets slay this dragon. Roy! I know you have some Clever tricks to fight dragons, help me out here!"

Offering Roy some loot for assistance for Defending against the Dragon with my Longbow schtick.

Cleverness
:roy: :vaarsuvius:
Effect: Roy or Vaarsuvius get +2 Attack and +2 Defense vs. Dragons while equipped.

(I assume that I have to wait until he accepts or not before actually making the roll.)

Madmal
2013-10-28, 09:05 PM
:roy: "Good thing it showed up, i was starting to pay attention to Belkar... Get to the side and look for that spot where it forgot to glue treasure on*

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-28, 09:11 PM
:haley: "Alright, yeah. Good idea." Haley makes a dive roll underneath the dragon, sensing it, and then shooting an arrow off at the underbelly.

[roll0]
Haley Defense of Longbow (2) + Longbow (2) + Sneak Attack (1) + Roy (2)
vs
Dragon Atk of 9

Menarker
2013-10-29, 01:28 AM
EDIT: Enough time has passed!

Haley's bow shoot with downright excessive force through the dragon's miniature opening, about the size of a banana nut muffin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0630.html). It convulsed as it roared and shrieked until it gave up the fight with a fatal slump!

Battle Won!

Roy: You receive the Cleverness loot as agreed by Haley.

Haley: Dragon card earned! 2 Loots card drops in the room.

AVAILABLE ACTIONS:
> You can pick up as many as 2 loot cards from the room. (This does not end your turn)
> Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster) or flip any appropriate shticks. (This does not end your turn)
> End turn. (Passes turn to Vaarsuvius)

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-29, 10:59 AM
:haley: "Ooh, Money! (http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/8/87/Medic_mvm_collect_credits04.wav?t=20120817110550)" Haley runs over to the loot that fell from the dragon's underbelly, and scoops up both of the Loot cards.

Menarker
2013-10-29, 11:08 AM
TRAP

Rune of Doom
Evade Roll: 12 Range: 2 Area of Effect
Effect if fail Evade: Lose 2 Wounds

As you approach, you trigger a proximity rune that shines a horrible purple light on everyone's (except V) forehead as it damn everyone in the general area with excruiacting pain and the forboding sense of failure!

Everyone except V roll an evade!

Belkar currently has a +4 bonus on evading traps.

Durkon's healing shack is going to be booming in business!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-29, 11:12 AM
:haley: "I... aah... what kind of dragon has this on it's underbelly! Lets see... I... I think I can, I think I can..."

[roll0]

SlyJohnny
2013-10-29, 11:39 AM
:elan: "...so many...I have so many stories..." Elan says, in a small voice, "but who would even want to hear them?"

Evade: [roll0]

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-29, 11:53 AM
Aaand roll for evade.

[roll0]

Madmal
2013-10-29, 11:56 AM
:roy: :smallannoyed:"Huh, incoming flashy explosion. If i can take solace in one thing, is that I would have been even more screwed if i had been a Wizard. BRING IT ON!"

Menarker
2013-10-29, 12:06 PM
Haley, Roy and Elan all took 2 Wounds.

Still waiting on rolls from Durkon and Belkar.

Players, please note that many shticks can be flipped outside of your turn. Thus many of you can ask Durkon for help right now for healing.

Haley, any other actions from the list above?

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-29, 12:09 PM
No other actions from the above, I think I'm good at the moment. End Turn.

Menarker
2013-10-29, 12:14 PM
OOC: Still want evade rolls for durkon and belkar, but we can move on with V's turn in the meantime, I think.
---------------------------

Haley's Turn Ends!

V's Turn Start!

Vaarsuivus turn
Available Actions:
> Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in 3 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go right as far as to Roy's > Durkon > Elan/Haley/Belkar Room (3 spaces)

Mekboy
2013-10-29, 01:32 PM
:vaarsuvius: "It would appear that this mere piece of wood contains within it the power to distort simple probability in my favour. While of course it begins the question what sort of lack-wit had both the magical power and the inclination to do as such - perhaps some manner of sorcerer? - it will no doubt present a considerable tactical advantage."

I'll equip The Stick and move into the same room as Elan, Haley and Belkar, then search for some stairs, with Elven Senses... Tingling! to give me +2.

[roll0] vs 5

Zolkabro
2013-10-29, 04:40 PM
:durkon::smalleek: "Och, NO!" Durkon cried, thrown backwards by the force of the explosion.

Evade:
[roll0]

"Anyboody need a Cure-something-Wounds, laddies?"

Vesth
2013-10-29, 06:33 PM
:belkar: Arghhhh! Haley, aren't you supposed to be the trap disarmer?!

Menarker
2013-10-29, 08:37 PM
EVERYONE except V took 2 Wounds!

Haley ended her turn!

V's turn!

V equipped his Stick equipment!

The Stick
:mitd:
Order of the Stick: +2 Evade vs. traps while equipped.

He/she wanders over through all the spaces the other players have been through, seeing each of them in turn all with lingering residual damage before his keen elven senses found some stairs which led to the next floor down.

Roy's Turn!

Madmal
2013-10-29, 08:53 PM
:roy: "I wouldn't mind some healing Durkon. How's this in return?"
Magical Garlic Press

:belkar:, :vaarsuvius:
Belkar, Vaarsuvius:+2 Attack and +2 Defense vs. Undead while equipped.

"Right, i think i've seen enough of that side so far. I'll try my chances on the left side"

> Equip Cleverness Loot
> Move Left one space to open a new room

Menarker
2013-10-29, 09:45 PM
Roy equips the cleverness card and gains a bonus against Dragons worth +2.

Roy enters the room to his left and notes that it is

A Different Dungeon Corridor
Effect: There's really nothing special about this hall at all, except that there is a door in it. Don't get too excited, it doesn't go anywhere, like interesting or anything.

There really anything anything interesting about this room... but checking the door just out of curiousity, he finds...

OOC: Two things!

First, Roy asking Durkon for healing, with the loot being above shown in the spoiler in the post above. Durkon can accept or refuse.

Second, Monster time! Durkon player, please choose a monster for him to fight from your battle hand and copy-paste it here in a spoiler with all of the description!

Zolkabro
2013-10-30, 01:55 PM
:durkon::smalleek: "Och laddie, look out! A TROLL!" Durkon shouts. "Here, you'll need this."
Durkon quickly heals Roy before the fight.

> Play my Cure Assorted Wounds Shtick
> Play the following monster for Roy to fight:
Troll *Ogre*
ATK: 10 DEF: 10 Range: 1
Abilities:
- Impervious: No Weapon Shticks may be used against Monster.

Menarker
2013-10-31, 01:08 AM
Roy, do you wish to ask anyone for assistance in fighting the Troll? (Remember you aren't limited to asking one person).

Also, any screw this cards or shticks to activate?

Madmal
2013-10-31, 05:22 PM
:roy::smallannoyed: "Figures. Say, I don't suppose you'd be a custom creature that traded his resistance to regular weapons for, i don't know, proficiency with spetum?"

ROY uses HALF-HEARTED SLASH!
It doesn't affect the Pokémon Troll...

"... Of course. Me and my big mouth. Who played the Irony card?

Haley, i'm going to need a distraction. This little trinket may be of use:
Ring of Jumping
:belkar::belkar::haley:
Belkar: Boosts your Leaping Attack shtick while equipped.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-10-31, 05:40 PM
:haley: "Ooh, a ring of jumping Topics. Hey, troll, the joke goes "It's not very effective!" Haley shouts out from the room over, catching a glimpse of the troll's attention with the direction to the joke.

(Accept)

Madmal
2013-10-31, 05:48 PM
"That wasn't entirely cor- Wait, focus on the bugger about to smash you, Roy!"

[roll0]

Defending Roy with no shtick+ Haley (:haley:)

Menarker
2013-11-01, 12:29 AM
Too bad Haley's assistance in distracting the monster wasn't sufficient to allow Roy to overcome the troll's tough hide with conventional weaponry as it pummeled him painfully.

Roy: Lose 1 Wound.

Haley: Gain Loot "Ring of Jumping".

Waiting for any possible responses from screw this before editing these in.

Mekboy
2013-11-01, 12:58 AM
:vaarsuvius:"Miss Starshine, may I suggest that attracting such a creature's attention may not be the best choice of action?"

*Wham*

"To which I proclaim my case closed."

There's no 'I' in team:
When: When any player loses a battle while assisted by one or more players.
Effect: All players that assisted the battling player loses 1 Wound.

Zolkabro
2013-11-01, 07:41 AM
Screw this!

:durkon: "Och, V's right, y'knoo! Ye gotta be more careful, lass, it looks like he got ye pretty nastily!"

There's no 'I' in team:
When: When any player loses a battle while assisted by one or more players.
Effect: All players that assisted the battling player loses 1 Wound.

Menarker
2013-11-01, 11:41 AM
End Result!

Roy lost 1 Wound from battle (dropping him to 2 Wounds)
Roy gave Haley "Ring of Jumping"
Vaarsuvius screwed Haley with "There is no 'I' in Team". Haley lost 1 Wound dropping her to 3.
Durkon screwed Haley with "There is no 'I' in Team". Haley lost 1 Wound dropping her to 4, causing her to Flee!

Fleeing Haley drops a loot face down in the room she was on and immediately makes a dash 3 spaces toward the Dungeon Entrance, and successfully lands on it. She recovers to full health and if she had any flipped shticks, they would have been unflipped.

Available Actions!
Haley: You may equip any of your current loot immediately after I inform you what loot you have remaining.

Roy: Do you wish to end turn? Or do you wish to perform any of the customary end of turn events?
(If you end turn, It'll then be Durkon's turn.)

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-01, 01:43 PM
:haley: "Hey, yes, I get it, but, I..." Overcome by the criticism from the troll and her companions, Haley flees the scene back to the dungeon entrance. She takes a second to breathe get an air about herself, and prepare to confidently stride into the dungeon again.

"... oh, wait crap I dropped something. Could you guys let me grab that back up, by any chance?"

Madmal
2013-11-01, 02:29 PM
Seeing that Roy can't look for stairs anymore, i'll end my turn.

Menarker
2013-11-01, 03:20 PM
Considering there are already stairs on this floor, you wouldn't be allowed to search for any even if you weren't exhausted from battle to look.

Anyhow, Durkon's turn now!

Available Actions:
> Move anywhere within three spaces of this map from your location. (http://gridpapr.com/edit/7eac88f064557c3549e474f294e0d8f8)

Zolkabro
2013-11-01, 05:01 PM
:durkon::smallmad: "I'll get 'im, I will! Where's he gone! I'll let 'im 'ave it! C'mon, ya damn troll! Nothin' can stop me in me- ooh, a penny!"

> Move into Emergency Exit Room
> Pick up Haley's loot.

"So, where're we headed next?

Menarker
2013-11-02, 10:25 AM
Well, since you picked up the loot, I suppose that means you're ending your turn.

I'll PM you with the loot you have gotten.

Shall I assume it's Elan's turn now?

Zolkabro
2013-11-02, 12:53 PM
Yeah, sorry. Here:

:durkon::smallsigh: Och, nottin' much to do in this 'ere room, is there?

> End turn.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-02, 01:02 PM
Elan frowns as Haley flees, wounded and overcome with emotion. “She was only trying to help. If I was being attacked by something bad, I know Roy or Belkar or any of you would help me out. Right?”

He ponders this. There’s an icy emotional undercurrent here that even the dense Elan can pick up on. He finds it uncomfortable. He doesn’t like it when his friends are sad or angry. He must think of something that will raise their spirits. “I think everyone’s feeling bad because of that sad-feely trap. In fact, I bet this is just like the bits in stories where the rag-tag group of heroes are initially dysfunctional, but form into a solid team based on their shared experiences and the power of friendship.”

This theory cheers Elan himself up no end. “In fact, I bet we’re due to start having our encouraging initial victories right now! So I’m going to run into the next room, despite my wounded state, and I’m sure whatever monster I find in there won’t be hugely physically imposing, able to fly, or otherwise prove totally immune to my attacks!”

Elan grins widely at Vaarsuvius, Durkon and Belkar. He remains facing them as he starts running backwards into the next room, not looking where he’s going. :elan: “Wooooooooooo!”

Moving one space into the room directly to my right.

Menarker
2013-11-02, 01:38 PM
Elan bolts a short distance and eventually runs into a room with extremely well decorated walls...

The Hall of Mysterious Runes
Effect: The purpose of the runes isn't clear, but they do add +2 Attack and +2 Defense to any player using a Magic Shtick in this room. So that's something, at least.

Considering your very recent run-in with the previous rune trap, this place might have been the original source of it before that dragon ran off with one of its goods!

But the bard doesn't have time to contemplate its marvels...

Belkar: Please play your next monster!

Vesth
2013-11-02, 06:36 PM
"Haley, are you around here? I need to talk to you about something..."

Hank *Halfling, Bandit*
ATK: 10 DEF: 11 Range: 5
Exp: 2 Loot: 1
Abilities:
- Thief: If Monster wins, player discards 1 random Loot from Loot Stash.
Support (Halfling) > *Outsmart* Before Battle, flip 1 shtick at random per supporting card.
Support (Halfling) > *Miser* When defeated, Monster drops +1 Loot.

Menarker
2013-11-02, 11:16 PM
Alright Elan, do you wish to request help? Activate/play shticks or screw this cards? Or straight out flip and hope for the best?

Also, customary "request" for other peeps screw this as is traditional. =3

SlyJohnny
2013-11-03, 06:01 AM
"Sorry about this, kid. It's just business." Hank murmurs, as he drops down from the ceiling.

:elan: "You seem like a practical sort of guy, maybe we could-" Elan says, narrowly avoiding the halfling's attempt to run a short sword through his gut. He looks around, trying to see where he went. "No? Well, okay then. V, can you throw a Glitterdust in here? I'll lend you this book, if you do! It's bit too heavy for me, anyway, I've just been using it as a drinks coaster."

Offering V the Book of True Power for assistance.
:mitd: :vaarsuvius:
Order of the Stick: +2 Range to all of your Magic Shticks.

Mekboy
2013-11-03, 08:29 AM
:vaarsuvius: "While your use of such a powerful artifact as a drinks coaster is of course staggering, I feel that this arrangement will serve us well. Glitterdust."

SlyJohnny
2013-11-03, 08:42 AM
"Yay! Teamwork!" Elan says, as he lunges towards the now-revealed Hank. He clonks him upside the head with the hilt of his rapier, rather than stabbing him, as he senses that the named halfling has a role to play later in the narrative and should thus be taken prisoner rather than killed.

( [roll0] please don't be a one please don't be a one...)

Menarker
2013-11-03, 11:33 AM
http://games.sub-standard.com/Motivational%20Posters/Weaponry/Weapon-overkill.jpg

Despite Elan attempting to merely knock out Hank, there is clearly a large indentation left from blundgeoning the halfling, as he is reduced to a glibbering idiot in his last moments.

Elan get a Monster worth 2 Exp! (JOY!)

Hank drops a single loot. Do you wish to pick it up?

SlyJohnny
2013-11-03, 11:38 AM
:elan: "Hooray! We have overcome our dysfunctional interpersonal dynamic, in what is sure to prove the most heart-warming adventure story of the year! A new era of cooperation (and actually succeeding at things) begins for the Order of the Stick! Exp for everyone!" Elan cheers.

Elan leans down and starts to rifle through Hank's pockets.

Looting that loot! And then ending my turn.

Menarker
2013-11-03, 11:52 AM
Elan rifled through Hank's pockets. He got a "loot" although for some reason or other, he doesn't want to share what it was that he picked up and kept.

It's now Belkar's turn!

Vesth
2013-11-03, 05:15 PM
:belkar: Arghhhh! I need something to stab! Give me something to stab!

*Moves into the room right of Elan.

Menarker
2013-11-03, 07:51 PM
Charging right past Elan, Belkar dashes through to the next room until his eyes widen with fear and he throws himself to the side. Merely inches from where he was just about to continue running, it was...

A Corridor with a Giant Pit
Effect: If you attempt to move past this room, roll a dice. On a 1-9, you may pass as normal. On a 10-12, you must end your turn here, battling Monsters as normal. If you begin your turn here, you may leave in either direction without rolling.

However, something appears to capitalize on Belkar's somewhat surprised state!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-03, 08:52 PM
:haley: "Oh man, a Trogolodite. Those things always lurk in dark damp spaces. Be careful, it's weak, but very dangerous if you let it get the upper hand."

Troglodytes *Dragon*
ATK: 7 DEF: 7 Range: 1
Exp: 1 Loot: 1
Abilities:
- Paralyze: If Monster wins, player loses their next turn.

Vesth
2013-11-03, 11:03 PM
:belkar: Hey Elan! Would you come in here and play a game with the troglodyte and have fun while I stab it dead...

Fun
:elan::elan::elan:

SlyJohnny
2013-11-04, 12:14 PM
:elan: "Sure! Fun and games is what I do!"

Elan bustles over.

:elan: "Hello, Mister Troglodyte! Would you like to play a game? And not a creepy horror story game, I mean like, pattycake, or hide and seek, or perhaps we could have a singing contesGAHH!" Elan says, dodging back out of the room as the creature swipes at him.

Aiding Belkar, +8 due to bard song bonus

Vesth
2013-11-04, 11:20 PM
As Elan distracts the thing with the only way he knew how, Belkar decided to decorate the troglodyte with more orifices than necessary.

Attack with the Twin Daggers of Doom, with Elan's assistance.

DEF: [roll0] against the troglodyte's 7 ATT

Vesth
2013-11-05, 02:15 AM
:belkar: Whoops! Looks like I accidentally killed your fun. Maybe next time, buddy.

Screw This!
Eternal Gratitude
When: Immediately after any battle in which another player assisted you.
Effect: Choose any one player that assisted you. You may keep the Loot card that you originally offered to that player. You now owe them nothing for their assistance.

Belkar's player would like to apologize to Elan, and promises that he only has one of that card. And that he should be glad that he didn't decide to sic Belkar on Elan instead. Just saying.

Menarker
2013-11-05, 11:42 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/148/d/3/portal_poster_overkill_by_rthecreator-d3hfeyr.png

Belkar dagger's stab through the scaly hides, raking through flesh and otherwise causing the reptile's last moments to be a tremedously painful experience.

Belkar gains the Monster card!

Elan gets jack-squat because Belkar doesn't play fair, nor does his share his favorite toys with anyone! But if you complain loud enough, he might decide to make you his next target!

Belkar, do you wish to pick 1 loot worth of goods from the corpse?

Vesth
2013-11-05, 05:40 PM
:belkar: Don't put it like that, Narrator, or you're next.

He picks up the loot.

Menarker
2013-11-05, 08:29 PM
Yeah, we'll see how long you last threatening the DM. =P

Anyhow, your loot has been sent.

Do you wish to perform any of the traditional actions like equipping, trading of loot or do you wish to pass the turn onto Haley?

Vesth
2013-11-05, 11:32 PM
:belkar: Can it, you over-inflated GM. I'm a Protagonist. You can't do anything to me that's canon. Now give me my shticks!

Trade in Rod of Lordly Might and Someone's Kidney for a new shtick and end turn.

Rod of Lordly Might
:belkar::belkar::vaarsuvius:

Someone's Kidney
:belkar:

Menarker
2013-11-06, 04:28 AM
Belkar has traded in loot worth 3 Drool Factor with his own mug.
Belkar has randomly received this shtick!

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Effect: You gain +2 Attack and +2 Defense when battling a Monster that has 3 or more other Monster cards below it in the same room.
Boost: You gain +1 Attack for every Monster below the one you're battling.

Seems to be one of those ones shticks that would work out better late-game.

Any other actions?

Vesth
2013-11-06, 06:02 AM
And for complaining against the GM, I didn't get anything that's useful right now.

I end my turn. I realize I'm supposed to keen nose someone at the start of my turn, but it's my end. If it's not too late, I'll keen nose Haley. If not, just...turn end either way.

Menarker
2013-11-06, 12:21 PM
Haley has consented to show you one of her creatures. PMing you as per Keen Nose (which seems to be mandatory).

Anyhow, Haley's turn can now start!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-06, 12:36 PM
:haley: "Alright, I've got my cool back. Time to show that troll a lesson." Haley rushes down to the troll's room, calling back to Durkon. "Hey, you seemed to have some good advice, what're you saying I shoudla done against this troll?"

(Offering the Healing Wand if and only if Durkon plays his Forgotten screw this to allow me to use the Longbow on the Troll)

Zolkabro
2013-11-06, 05:07 PM
:durkon: Durkon closes his eyes, and raises his arms into the air as if in prayer.

"My advice, lassie, is to reject ye chaotic ways and embrace tha teachings o' Thor!"

He opens one eye to gauge her reaction. "No? Ach well, t'was worth a try."

"Och, just shoot the daft beastie. I dinnae remember any kind o' ability t'would stop you doin' that, do you?"

> I accept your offer!
> SCREW THIS: I Forgot They Could Do That:
I Forgot They Could Do That
When: When any player (including you) is battling a Monster.
Effect: Choose one of the special abilities of that Monster. For the remainder of the current turn, that ability is ignored as if it were not printed on the card.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-06, 05:26 PM
:haley: "... are you sure? Oh kay, lets robin hood it up then..." After a brief pause, Haley shrugged and smiled, aiming her shot at the beast, and simply letting loose an arrow dead between the eyes.

5 Defense Longbow, 4 Defense offering to Durkon

Menarker
2013-11-06, 05:30 PM
Noted.

Victory looks to be assured unless someone intends to play a screw this card.

EDIT: Took longer than I promised, but editing!

Two loots drop from the monster as Haley pierces through the Troll's hide out of sheer ignorance.

Haley gains the Troll card for exp.
Haley can select up to 2 loots to pick up. (Let me know how many you want to choose, or if there are any other appropriate actions you want to perform after.)

Durkon: Receives the Wand of Healing as promised.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-07, 11:15 AM
:haley: "Yay, more loot! I can't be so unlucky as to run into the same kind of trapped shenanigans twice, can I?"

I'll scoop up both of the loots right now, not too much can happen right now, right? There can't be so many traps as to completely screw me personally on them, I'd hope.

Menarker
2013-11-07, 12:41 PM
TRAP

While rummaging through the Troll's body, trying to ignore its horrible body odor, she nothing else that smelt... but more delicious.

1. Apocalypse Cheese
Trap: Lose 1 Wound
Evade: 11 Range 0 Single Target

Please roll. You'll need an 11 or 12 to beat it. >_>

The other loot I'll PM to you.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-07, 04:14 PM
:haley: "Well, phew! There we go. Time to get the loot, and see if it's worth it." A pause as she rummages the body of the troll, finding all manners of horrible smelling things, and looking down at the cheese in her hands with a deadpan expression.

"... It was not worth it."

1d12

Editing in that I End Turn here, because editing into the other one might mess that roll up too.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-07, 04:15 PM
No idea what I did to screw up the roll, but trying it again in a separate post.

[roll0]

Menarker
2013-11-07, 05:07 PM
The loot may not have been worth it, but the cheese beckons. The magically hypnotic scent beckons for you to bite into its goodness.

:haley: Hmmm.... Gouda.
http://blog.rifftrax.com/wp-content/uploads/homer-drooling.jpg

With a large bite, the rogue's body is instantly wrack with instant horrible agony that lasts for a minute before subsiding. Your hunger now sated, you can continue the rest of your actions, a little worse for the wear.

Haley loses 1 Wound.

Any other actions? Or shall I pass the turn to Vaarsuvius?

EDIT: Didn't noticed that Haley ended turn. V-man, you're up!

Mekboy
2013-11-07, 07:13 PM
:vaarsuvius: "Most fascinating... I do believe this will bode quite excellently for my studies... Wait, is this another stain? How exactly does he always manage to get them over the important sections? Wait, I do believe these runes match with those adorning the walls up ahead... Perhaps a further study is required."

I'll move to the room of mysterious runes and end my turn, assuming there's no monsters left on the board.

Menarker
2013-11-08, 11:46 AM
Well, that was uneventfully brief. =3

Map has been updated. (Had to use Google-Doc because the previous site ate up our previous map)

Roy's turn!

Madmal
2013-11-10, 04:51 PM
:roy:"Right, I'll probably regret this, but it's best if we can get a clearer view of the area."

>Move left to a new room

Menarker
2013-11-10, 08:55 PM
Roy takes a stroll toward the next room, which looks downright empty but unusually breezy and bright... looking up you find out why...

Air Dungeon
Effect: Gusts of Elemental Air keeps your foes aloft. All Monsters in this room gain the Flying Ability. (Cannot use shticks with Range 0 against them.)

There is no ceiling as light pores in from the huge hole up above. Additionally the place is downright windy... so much that a certain monster is flying straight at you!

Durkon, please play a monster for Roy!

Zolkabro
2013-11-11, 02:45 AM
:durkon: Och, I dinnae ken ogres could fly!

Ugly Ogre *Ogre*
ATK: 9 DEF: 10 Range: 1

Madmal
2013-11-11, 10:47 AM
:roy::smallannoyed: "..."
"The troll I could have seen it coming, but Flying...Ogres?".

"What. IN. HELLS" :smallmad:

[roll0]

Menarker
2013-11-12, 12:48 AM
The troll surprises Roy with its airborne superiority, even if its flight is more like a bumbling tumbleweed in midair. You know... it's sorta like those old nannies in Mary Poppins who get blown away as if suspended in midair before the protagonist shows up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5BHoDW9f7vY#t=74) The ogre probably is ugly enough to count as one of those old hags!

Roy fends off its attack well enough to remain unscathed however.

Do you wish to perform any other actions? Or shall Durkon take his turn?

Madmal
2013-11-12, 10:16 AM
No other actions this turn.

Menarker
2013-11-12, 05:27 PM
Very well. It's Durkon's turn then.

Please list your desired course of actions. (No longer really bothering to list all the actions each and every time turn starts/ends. You can look at the previous posts for examples.)

Zolkabro
2013-11-13, 02:50 AM
:durkon::smallfrown: Och, I dinnae know what ta do! Hmm... What would me mighty deity, Thor, do 'ere?

>Using Shtick "W.W.T.D.?"
>Please PM me with what cards I get, and then I will act accordingly.

Zolkabro
2013-11-13, 02:12 PM
:durkon: Ye know, tha question is never quite as applicable to ye situation as ye think it will be. Och, I'm just gonna have a wee kip over 'ere.

> Resting
> Ending my turn.

Menarker
2013-11-13, 02:31 PM
Very well. It's now Elan's turn. =3

Please take your actions! ^_^

SlyJohnny
2013-11-13, 04:05 PM
:elan: "Hey, Durkon, you know what deities advice is going to be wayyy more relevant to your life than any god of Thunder? Banjo's! Let me talk to you about him while you rest!"

Elan wanders back into the emergency exit room, babbling all the while.

Moving back into emergency exit room. Ending turn. Pointedly NOT attacking Durkon, because I am a good person, and would never even consider such a thing. >_>

Ending turn, no further actions.

Menarker
2013-11-13, 06:16 PM
Ok... If you say so!

Belkar, you're up!

Vesth
2013-11-13, 06:26 PM
:belkar: *random vague threat against your wellbeing*

Moves three rooms left into Slightly Smaller Corridor.

Menarker
2013-11-13, 07:06 PM
Well... This is become a mostly uneventful series of turns.

I'm assuming that since you moved into a room that always has 0 monsters and didn't do anything else, it's now Haley's turn.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-13, 09:02 PM
:haley: "... I'm getting a sense of deja vu here." Haley runs into the room with Roy, and fights the ogre. "I know I'm a gold grubbing con artist, but there's some limits to what I'll take. That last ogre had nothing but rotten garbage. Roy, take these and help me out would you?"

Offering Roy loot to fight the monster.
Gauntlets of Ogre Stench
:belkar: :roy:

> Move into the same room as Roy
> Defend against the monster
> Offer Loot to Roy for assistance.

Madmal
2013-11-13, 11:26 PM
:roy: "Seems fair. I'll draw him in again, you turn him into a pincushion."

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-14, 12:23 AM
"We're gonna... I'm not Elan I can't think of a pun. Oh well."

[roll0]

Menarker
2013-11-14, 12:27 AM
Haley fires with great accuracy as the ogre goes down, even without the power bonus from her shtick or the bonus from Roy.

As the body falls to the ground with a large thud, a Loot drops onto the floor.

1 Loot in the room. Haley has first dibs to pick it up.

Gauntlet of Ogre Stench goes to Roy.

Roy heals 1 Wound as part of Fearless Leader shtick's effect for aiding in combat.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-14, 12:55 AM
Spending my 3 XP to get a schitck, and picking up the loot.

Menarker
2013-11-14, 01:15 AM
DING! Haley leveled up! A shower of glitter and shining stars burst the moment you cashed in your experience!

Your loot and shtick options has been sent. I'll post your chosen shtick when you decide.

Meanwhile, it's now V's turn!

Mekboy
2013-11-14, 05:55 PM
:vaarsuvius: "Alas, once again I find myself without a proper target upon which to unleash my not inconsiderable arcane might."

I'll end my turn.

Menarker
2013-11-15, 12:55 AM
:smallconfused: Are everyone afraid of stairs or something? :smallbiggrin:

Regardless! It is now Roy's turn again.

EDIT: Also, new Shtick for Haley as chosen!

Secret Crush
Effect: Isn't Elan just the dreamiest? You gain +1 Attack and +1 Defense when on the same dungeon floor as Elan (or Nale, because from behind they both have the same cute butt).
Boost: Additional +4 Attack when battling Elan or Nale.

Madmal
2013-11-16, 11:23 AM
:roy: "I'm pushing further, Considering the uglies we've bumped into so far, I don't think we should go down a level until we have more resources."

>Move left to a new room

Menarker
2013-11-16, 02:05 PM
As Roy treks on past the very breezy room to the next section, it turns out to be a

Dungeon Corridor
Effect: This is just an ordinary dungeon corridor, nothing special here.

Or at least it would be nothing special, but the path ends here in a dead end. There is nowhere to go but back!

However, as you turn around to head back, a monster blocks your way!

Durkon, please play a monster!

All rooms slots on Floor 1 filled. Additional rooms can only be played on Floor 2! The excitement will only get greater from here on out!

Zolkabro
2013-11-16, 05:26 PM
:durkon: Be careful, laddie! Thar be an ambush behind ye!

> Playing a Kobold Ranger:
Kobold Ranger *Kobold*
ATK: 4 DEF: 6 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Multiattack 2: When this Monster attacks, player rolls two dice and takes lowest roll.

Madmal
2013-11-16, 07:36 PM
:roy: Wait, wha-Argh! get off me!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Madmal
2013-11-16, 07:53 PM
:roy: Urgh! Screw This! Enough is Enough! I have had it, with these mother f****** monsters on the way of this mother f****** oath!

Forgotten Bonus
When: Immediately after the dice are rolled in any battle.
Effect: Choose one player or Monster that is battling. They retroactively gain +1 Attack or +1 Defense, as appropriate. This may reverse the result of the battle.

(+1 Defense to Me, JIC)

Menarker
2013-11-16, 11:39 PM
Roy was accosted by the ambushing kobold ranger who is dressed exactly like Belkar! Summoning a previously suppressed urge (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0064.html)to beat the crap out of the psycho-midget, Roy lays the smackdown hard!

Roy gains the Monster card.
A loot card drops. Do you you wish to pick it up?

Madmal
2013-11-17, 12:02 AM
:roy: "Well, seems i may get something besides some scratches from that little bugger. Now, let's see what we have here."

Menarker
2013-11-17, 12:47 AM
*PM of loot sent*

So... how would you like to end your turn?

Madmal
2013-11-17, 08:27 AM
If i can, I'll trade my new-founded loot for a new shtick.

Menarker
2013-11-17, 08:58 AM
You certainly may.

Please post the combination of loot(s) that has a combined number of loots at least worth 3 Drool Factor (in your case, :roy: faces or :mitd: faces). Drool factors not divisible by 3 are wasted.

You'll draw a shtick for every 3 drool factor your provided loot(s) are worth.

Madmal
2013-11-17, 09:02 AM
Oh, yes. It's random when you trade loot and not xp.

Anyways, trading this:
Comedy Gold
:mitd::mitd::mitd:

Menarker
2013-11-17, 09:11 AM
Well, it's a bit random both times. The difference is that trading loot straights out draw the top card, no choice. Trading Exp reveals top 3 and you choose one you like and send the other two to the bottom of the deck.

----------------

As Roy searches the kobold's body, several zany childish items scatter from its pockets. The hapless fighter steps on a jumping jack, hopping on one foot with annoyance before slipping on a banana peel and landing backside on a woopie cushion.

The impeding experience of this...

Comedy Gold
:mitd: :mitd: :mitd:

somehow makes you feel more skilled at adventuring.

Carry Around (FLIP)
Effect: At the start of your turn, before moving, you may flip this card if there is another player in the same room as you. When you move this turn, that player moves with you (whether they want to or not), ending in the same room that you do. They do not battle Monsters on your turn, though they are affected by any card that affects all players in the same room, such as a trap being revealed or a Monster with the Exploding ability being defeated.

Now you can only hope no one was watching your embarrassing scene. You're supposed to be the Protagonist, not some bumbling slapstick buttmonkey. Have some pride. =P

EDIT: Anyhow, that aside, any other loots to trade in, or any other actions?
Or shall we pass turn over to Durkon?

EDIT: Roy passed turn according to edupad chat. So it's your turn Durkon!

Zolkabro
2013-11-18, 02:33 AM
:durkon: "...Roy? That you? No, that cannae ha' been ye, musta been Elan or summat."

"Ye know Haley, I really like this Wand you gave me. Should use tha thing!"

> Equip loot "Wand of Healing"

"Anyhoo, anyone need a cure-something-or-other?"

> Waiting for offers for healing.

Menarker
2013-11-18, 02:24 PM
Durkon wakes up from his rest. He unflips all his shticks and heals 1 Wound.

Note: Please don't stall the game asking for who want heals.
Here is how I will allow you to use Cure Assorted Wounds due to how the shtick is written. (The shtick explictively states the healing comes before the loot being gifted to you)
A: You ask a player if they want to be healed, they accept without needing to show what loot they will offer you. They heal you and they give you a loot of their choice.
B: If multiple players are wanting the heal (you can prompt the offer saying you got a cure assorted wounds you're willing to use), you can see what other players are willing to offer in the OCC chat or the edu-pad, but such offers are non-binding IC. If it turns out that they didn't keep their word, that's your bad luck (and you could just refuse to heal them in the future or attempt to PvP them or whatever retribution you want.)

This means the auctioneering aspect of the shticks (which was not supposed to be an aspect of playing Durkon) is nerfed to being on an honor system at best.
Cure shtick can be used on any turn, so there is no benefit stalling the game.

So please continue with the rest of your turn.

I apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvience as a result of this.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-18, 02:46 PM
:elan: "Me! I would like healing! Yay for healing! I've been trying to be brave about it so as not to depress anyone, but I'm actually on the brink of death and the pain is quite excrutiating!" Elan says, cheerily.

Zolkabro
2013-11-18, 04:11 PM
OOC: Noted. Thanks for clarifying.

:durkon: As he heals Elan, Durkon looks confused.
"...Ye mean ye've been dying and ye HAVEN'T been o'er meloderamatic aboot it?"
"So Roy's bein' slapstick, you're bein' restrained. 'Ave I missed summat? Och, what would Thor do 'ere?"

OOC: Deal! You are now healed two wounds (thanks to your girlfriend-to-be). Apparently I have to just trust you on what loot I get, so please be nice. :smallwink:

> Flipping my Cure Assorted Wounds Shtick, targeting Elan.
> Flipping my WWTD? Shtick, because why not.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-18, 04:23 PM
Elan breathes a sigh of immense relief as he is healed. :elan: "Thanks, Durkon. Now I have more blood on the inside than I have on the outside. Which is the way I like it. This day is just getting better and better!"

Elan grabs a quick light snack while contemplating his next move. He happily shares his rations with Durkon, by way of showing his gratitude to the dwarf.

Giving Durkon my Sorcerer's Fruit Pies :elan: in exchange for healing :)

Is turn passed to me now?

Zolkabro
2013-11-18, 04:26 PM
I'm not ending just yet - once I see the results from WWTD, and see if I can use any of them now, then I will. Sorry.

Menarker
2013-11-18, 05:29 PM
Determined your cards and sent them.

Elan heals 2 wounds. (Boosted CAW)
Sorcerer Fruit Pie loot passed over to Durkon.

Zolkabro
2013-11-18, 06:54 PM
:durkon: "PUPPETS CANNAE EVEN EAT PIE! Why does Thor always give me such rubbish advice?" Durkon grumbles, before wandering back to the entrance for some fresh air to help him think.

> Moving to dunegon entrance.
> Ending turn

SlyJohnny
2013-11-18, 07:17 PM
Parting company with Durkon, Elan heads down the stairs. :elan: "Onward to victory!"

Moving to room below me.

Menarker
2013-11-19, 02:20 AM
As Elan bravely goes down the spppoooky stairs (why else would you guys stay away from it for so long?), he arrives in a room with lots of decorations! Very much lived in!

Goblin decorations. With goblin style cuisine, goblin photoframes and decorations... Heck even a TV left turned on with a video game featuring a goblin protagonist!

It's a safe bet that it is...

A Room That Probably Has Goblins in It.
Effect: No, really, it probably does! All Goblins in this room gain +2 Attack and +2 Defense.

Before you can wander around for very long! You are ambushed!

Belkar, please play a monster. Afterwards, Haley plays a monster.

Vesth
2013-11-19, 10:29 AM
Alright, I've been keeping this card for another person, but I give up.

Screw This!
Not Really Into It
When: When any player ends their turn in an empty room.
Effect; The battle is cancelled; no Monsters are placed into the room.

:belkar: I think the goblins all just wimped out instead.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-19, 11:10 AM
((Neat card! Ending turn and passing.))

Menarker
2013-11-19, 11:44 AM
Very well. It is now Belkar's turn, due to the place being temporarily abandoned!

Vesth
2013-11-19, 11:57 AM
Belkar trudges two steps to the left, but before Haley can summon anything...Belkar becomes obnoxiously rude and cuts her action!

Screw This!
Butt In Line
When: When another player is about to play a Monster into a Battle Stack (and you have at least one Monster in your Battle Hand)
Effect: You may play the next Monster into the Battle Stack, even if it isn't your turn. Any additional Monsters are played starting with the player to your left.

Anyone has anything to stop this?

Menarker
2013-11-19, 06:50 PM
Seeing as you only have 1 card in your hand left, which is your own remaining monster, I don't see a problem with me posting it, since no one has responded.

Belkar moved back to the Normal Corridor room, where he suspected something stalking him behind his right shoulder... He turned his head back and didn't see nothing. Then the left... Nothing then...

The ranger than heard another noise and turned around entirely to see

Misplacer Beast *Creepy-Crawly*
ATK: 7 DEF: 12 Range: 1
Abilities:
- Thief: If Monster wins, player discards 1 random Loot from their Loot Stash.
- Tricky: If Defending against a player at a Range > 0, this Monster gains +10 Defense.

This beast and its disappearing and reappearing illusionary images of itself attacks! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0210.html)

How will Belkar proceed to defend himself?

Vesth
2013-11-19, 09:36 PM
:belkar: Roy! Can I have your permission to squish-heck it. I don't need no permission!

Using Twin Daggers of Doom (+1 Def)

Offering Your Dad's Approval (:roy::roy::roy:) to Roy...and he can't refuse because of his Fearless Leader.

Def: [roll0] against 7 Attack

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-19, 10:36 PM
Somehow I doubt he'd do it, cause it's a +3 loot for him and a +1 HP.
Also
:haley: "I'm really wondering when we'll take the wall breaking out of context talk to the proper topic."

Menarker
2013-11-19, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going to need a reroll, Vesth. Please watch out for accidental errors. You're likely to win the reroll anyhow, but in under the variant rules, a rolled 1 doesn't bode well for you. Might be best to wait for instructions if you're unsure.

So yeah, if you could be more careful in the future, that'd be just great...

http://faithfulpolitics.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bill-lumbergh2.jpg

Vesth
2013-11-20, 07:50 AM
Aww, that roll doesn't count? It's basically the same thing! That sucks.

Roll: [roll0]

Menarker
2013-11-20, 11:11 AM
Well, I understand it's mostly the same thing, but the game isn't supposed to allow the situation where either players know for certain that one side is going to win or lose before agreeing to a trade or not.

Ah well, you ended up doing better this time around. So I suppose no biggie.

--------------------------------------

Belkar charges blindly into the Misplacer Beast's direction. Roy shouts out some facts regarding how to discern between illusions and reality, allowing the psychopath to readjust his target, scoring a significant hit! The beat goes down with a thump!

Belkar gets his own Misplacer Beast Card for exp!
A loot drops onto the floor. Did he wish to pick it up?

Roy gains the Loot "Your Dad's Approval" as per trading agreement.
Roy gains healing of 1 wound, bringing him back to full health.

Vesth
2013-11-20, 05:50 PM
Belkar picks up the loot, hoping for something at least decent.

Menarker
2013-11-20, 07:46 PM
PM sent of received loot.

Any other actions before turn ends?

Vesth
2013-11-20, 08:07 PM
Nope! Turn ends.

Menarker
2013-11-20, 10:42 PM
Alright. It's Haley's turn now.

(And you forgot to use Keen Nose again)

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-21, 01:02 AM
:haley: "... oh hey, elan wait up!" She says, after worrying that going down a level wouldn't be quite appropriate for elan, even though he just went up a level recently.

(Moving into the Slightly Smaller Corridor, heading towards the stairs, ending turn, can't do much this turn.)

Menarker
2013-11-21, 05:40 AM
That's "Mostly Empty Corridor" but I get what you mean. It's as far as you can go in 3 spaces anyhow.

It's now V's turn.

Mekboy
2013-11-21, 05:49 AM
:vaarsuvius:"Ah, excellent. We finally venture onwards to new targets. I would lead the way, were it not my regrettable lack of bodily fortitude."

Move to the Goblin room, end turn.

Madmal
2013-11-21, 01:20 PM
As for my turn, provided it doesn't give any special abilities, I'll be trading:

Your Dad's Approval
:roy::roy::roy:

For a new draw from the Shtick deck.

:roy: "Man, i can feel the Aesop coming...."

Menarker
2013-11-21, 02:15 PM
You have traded a loot worth 3 Drool Factor and gained this shtick!

Meat Shield (Flip)
Effect: Unless you'd prefer to be called, "Speed Bump". Whenever you would suffer a Wound as a result of battle, you may flip this card to prevent the wound. You still suffer any other results, if there are any, and you are still considered to have lost.

Eugene: "...oy... Roy... Roy Greenhilt!" *Fades in ethreal presence*
:roy: *Sigh* "What is it now? Is helping the murder-midget offensive to you now?"
Eugene: "No, it's..."
:roy: "No, No, let me guess... Displacer Beasts are your favorite animal, since they create illusions without even trying, which is awesome for an illusionist, so you're pissed off at me for helping kill one."
Eugene: "... I'd be mildly put off yes, but that's not what I'm appearing to you for!"
:roy: "Well, I really don't want to hear more of that "being a stupid fighter" cra..."
Eugene: "Enough! Why is attempting to give my son a compliment somehow a DC 30 Diplomacy roll"?
:roy: :confused: "Whaaa? Compliment?"
Eugene: "Turns out you're pretty competent at what you're doing! If you can someone guide that dimwit ranger into not being tricked by an illusion, I guess you're not a complete and total screwup after all.
:roy: "... thanks? I guess?"
Eugene: "I mean, look at his build? Two dagger style? It's so ineffective. More so than that full-ranks in fighter you got going on. Compared to him, you got it going on. Anyhow, I must head off. I'm off to my date with Violet. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0039.html) Maybe if I play my cards right, I can hit third..."
:roy: "Too much information!"
Eugene: "Well, I'll be off! And keep an eye on that elf, will you? I swear, I doubt you'd ever beat Xykon without his help, and yet you let him wander freely without protection! A miracle he hasn't been touched yet. You should probably do that entire "Meat-shield tactic" at the lower levels so he stays that way. Anyhow, I'll be watching!" *Fades out*
:roy: *Sigh* "Right... because you're always looking out for my well-being..."

How will you proceed with your turn?

Madmal
2013-11-21, 02:26 PM
Moving 3 spaces to the Death to other people Room, Then end turn.

Menarker
2013-11-21, 03:47 PM
Acknowledged. It is now Durkon's turn to get a move on from the Dungeon Entrance.

Zolkabro
2013-11-22, 04:22 AM
:durkon: "Wait for me, laddies!"

Clanking and clunking haphazrdly, Durkon runs after the rest of the group on his stubby little legs, but stops by Haley.

"You comin', lass?" he asks.

> Moving to the Slightly Smaller Corridor - I planned to go down the stairs this turn, but they're too far away. Ah well.
> Ending turn.

Menarker
2013-11-22, 06:03 AM
Durkon walks down the stairs from the Dungeon Entrance fully refreshed. All shticks unflipped and health back to full. He stops in the same room as Haley, waiting patiently to catch his breath before running downward to the next floor sooner or later.

Elan's turn now I suppose.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-22, 06:09 AM
Elan heads right, forging onward to new places and fresh danger.

Menarker
2013-11-22, 02:19 PM
As Elan wanders through past the Goblin room, the atmospheric lighting shorts out as if with all the sudden-ness and dimness of a burnt light-bulb.

Name: A Dark Room
Effect: You can't see a blasted thing, so slow down. If you move into this room, you must end your turn here, battling monsters as normal. If you begin your turn here, you may leave in either direction. If you have the Darkvision shtick, you may ignore this effect.

It doesn't look like the lights will be coming back on any time soon! While our bard fumble about blindly, something bumps into you as well!

Belkar! Normally you'd be asked to play a monster! However, you have no cards in your hand! You'll get a PM of 7 new battle cards, but your turn to play monsters will be skipped.

Haley plays a monster first and then Vaarsuvius!

EDIT: Also, everyone check out my latest OOC post!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-22, 02:50 PM
:haley: "Elan, hold on, don't just attack the darkness so hastily! The goblins are probably still around somewhere."

Play creature up first.
Hobgoblin Soldier *Goblin*
ATK: 8 DEF: 9 Range 0

Mekboy
2013-11-22, 03:15 PM
:vaarsuvius:"And I fear there may well be opposition greater than that provided by a few goblinoids..."

Mr. Demon *Fiend*
ATK: 15 DEF: 11 Range: 6
Exp: 2 Loot: 2
Abilities:
- Flying: No shticks with a range of 0 may be used against this Monster.
- Support (Fiend) > *Outsmart* Before battle, flip 1 shtick at random per supporting card.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-22, 03:29 PM
Elan stares at the demon, ichor dripping from it's mouth as it begins to salivate at the prospect of this easy meal. :elan: "...Is this the bit where the hero discovers some newfound level of martial competence and overcomes seemingly impossible odds, or the bit where the hero is pursued by an overpowering force to create dramatic tension?"

The demon roars. Elan whimpers.

"Okay. Right. Run, run, run, from the terrifying hellbeast!"

Elan turns to retreat, but finds his path back to V is blocked by a hobgoblin soldier, who smirks at him, amused. Elan attempts to roll, stab it in the foot with his rapier, and kick it backwards towards the pursuing demon...

Flipping one Bard song schtick to gain +1 defense. I still have one Bard song running, so my aid in battle still counts for extra, sports fans! [roll0]

Menarker
2013-11-22, 03:43 PM
Elan successfully slays the hobgoblin with ease as he shoves it back into the happy goofy-looking but still dangerous demon. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html)

Elan spies something close to the demon, but if he wants to get it, he'd have to bypass the demon somehow...

Elan gains Hobgoblin Monster card
A Loot drops into the room.
Do you wish to trade exp or perform any other actions?

SlyJohnny
2013-11-22, 03:47 PM
Trading EXP, ending turn.

Menarker
2013-11-22, 04:04 PM
Elan recent slaying of the goblin causes him to *Ding* audibly with the delightful chime of an egg-timer as he gains enough EXP to level up!

Elan was shown 3 shticks to choose from!
Elan's Unwarranted Optimism shtick allows him to choose a shtick that he didn't choose and put it on top of the shtick deck, instead of both being on the bottom!

Elan has chosen...

X-Treme Diplomacy *Verbal Shtick*
ATK: +1 DEF: +1 Range: 3
Victory Effect: Foe loses 1 Wound.
Boost: +2 Defense and +1 Attack.

It is now Belkar's turn!

Vesth
2013-11-23, 02:51 AM
Belkar goes back to the entrance to rest, dammit.

Menarker
2013-11-23, 03:15 AM
Belkar arrives back at dungeon entrance to catch his breath. He quickly restores himself back to full health.

Haley's turn!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-23, 03:23 AM
:haley: "Elan? Damnit Elan am I gonna have to just walk behind you and stare at your butt to make sure you're not going to get into trouble?" Haley let herself smile a little, even as she charged down the stairs and into the darkness. The demon was lurking here, somewhere, and Haley was as perhaps expected, the first to come to his aid. "Elan, I've got a new song for you to play, just sit down in that chair right there, and let me show you how it's done. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6RUg-NkjY4)"

>Moving down to the Demon room
>Offering Elan the Loot

A New Song
:elan: :elan:

SlyJohnny
2013-11-23, 08:52 AM
"Oooh! That's a really good song! I like learning new songs, and also being saved from certain death. You're the best, Haley."

Elan immediately starts playing the rapidly building string notes, boosting Haley's confidence and providing a supporting soundtrack to her dramatic confrontation with the demon.

Accepting offer!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-23, 09:45 AM
[roll0]
> Longbow +5
> Elan Help Boost +4
> Bard Song +1
> Secret Crush +1

Menarker
2013-11-23, 11:18 AM
The demon weaves to and fro, but ultimately ends up with an assault artillery worth of arrows stuffed into its chest for its trouble!

Haley gets the Demon card!
Elan gets the "A New Song" loot.

Two loots drop, making for a total of three loots if you include the one from the goblin. Haley can pick up the top 2 from the stack (normally).
(Since the rulebook doesn't seem to mention which order does the loot appear, I'll follow the practical rule of "First in Last" where first monster killed is the one that gets picked up last. In other words, the two loots from the Demon is picked up before the loot from the hobgoblin.)

EDIT: As per the OOC post, Haley flips her "Greed is Good" shtick and searches through all 3 loot to hand-pick the one she wants. Sending PM in that regards.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-23, 01:09 PM
:haley: "Well, that was underwhelming." She stated, watching elan playing the ending of the song dreamily before looking down at the collective set of loot in the Poorly Locked Treasure Chest, wincing slightly.

"Hey, V. I don't like this thing one bit, but I think you will. I'll take the other stuff here. I'm starting to really enjoy battling, and you're hanging out in the back quite a lot. So feel free to call on my help if you ever plan on getting on the front lines and grabbing some battle experience of your own. Just throwing the offer out there, cause you'll never succeed if you don't try."

Menarker
2013-11-23, 02:09 PM
1 Loot yet remains in the Dark Room, yet that is all that Haley can manage to grab in this time period!

V's turn now!

Mekboy
2013-11-23, 02:32 PM
:vaarsuvius: "Your charity is appreciated, Miss Starshine. While I would not find fighting at the fore of our expedition overly abhorrent, today's spell selection is decidedly indiscriminant for point-blank purposes.

Move into the dark room, pick up the remaining loot, and while I remember it finally equip that book I got given a while ago.

Menarker
2013-11-23, 03:28 PM
V heads down the stairs and into the Dark Room, where s/he picks up the last loot in the room.

Vaarsuvius also equips the

Book of True Power
:mitd: :vaarsuvius:
Order of the Stick: +2 Range to all of your Magic Shticks.

which doesn't look like any other spellbook s/he has ever seen... (http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1175358078l/507690.jpg)

PM'ed you your loot. Anything else afterwards?

Mekboy
2013-11-23, 04:09 PM
:vaarsuvius: "What an... interesting specimen."

End turn.

Madmal
2013-11-23, 08:51 PM
:roy: "Right, time to get a move on".

>Move 3 spaces to the Goblin Room.

Menarker
2013-11-24, 01:32 AM
Roy's travel to the Goblin room (including going down the stairs) was uneventful at best.

However, wherever the occupants of the room had gone when Elan was around, they came had came back and clearly they do not appreciate our fighter barging into their home, tracking mud all over their floor.

Durkon plays a monster first and then Elan!

Zolkabro
2013-11-25, 01:32 PM
Posting as if Roy is Defending, but I'm not quite sure about that - let me know if not, and I'll play something else.

:durkon::smallconfused: "Is tha' another human? Wha's she doin' down 'ere?" Durkon asks, peering down the stairs after Roy, confused.
"Oh! I think she's doon there ta kill ye, laddie!" he suddenly realises. "Best o' luck... *gulp*"

> Playing Crystal the Assassin.
Crystal the Assassin *Human*
ATK: 15 DEF: 11 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Bloodlust: Monster wins on any draw result.
- Tricky: If Defending against a player at a Range > 0, this Monster gains +10 Defense.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-25, 03:55 PM
A bald goblin with dark greenish-brown skin is sitting at one of the breakout tables, chatting with the assassin about a "contract" of some kind. He wears a steel breastplate, a blue tabard, and an annoyed expression. He rises from his chair as Roy comes in, unsheathing the huge greatsword he had slung over his back, sighing in irritation.

"Right. So whoever was supposed to be on guard duty at the entrance is bunking off, because apparently no day is complete without some damn human adventurer invading the place. We have a rota, people. I designed that rota for a reason. Doesn't anyone else think keeping watch is important?"

He turns to the assassin. "You head in first, and when my initiative comes up, I'll hit him from the side to get the flanking bonus and then I'll power attack." he rattles off, clearly a goblin used to dictating battle tactics. He raises his greatsword and prepares to charge. "I don't have time to deal with human grunts. I need to be focusing on tracking down the half-celestial mage who slew my father's mentor."

Goblin with a Big Sword *Goblin*
ATK: 8 DEF: 6 Range: 0

(+2 bonus to attack and defense from goblin room not included)

Menarker
2013-11-26, 12:52 AM
Alright, Crystal is fought first with Roy in defense mode. If you win then, you can continue attacking the goblin in either defense or attack mode.

Do you wish to trade in loot to boost your attack? Or any screw this or appropriate shticks from any player?

Madmal
2013-11-26, 02:32 PM
:roy: "I see a cute attempt at beign gimmicky and... a mosh-pit reject? While i sympathize with the ensuing distaste of having to keep hair short when you focus on melee, don't you think that cut is a bit much?" :smallconfused:

Crystal: wha-HEY! Are you dissin' my hair? Watch it you baldy..baller! I'll shark you for this! With this shark i have, see?

:roy: "That's a shan-you know what? I'm not bothering. Haley, the light armor and stabbing weapon scream "rogue-like" to me. Care to help fight fire with fire? I still have that cloak I won in the raffle that last random encounter. And get Elan over here, he needs to know how to deal with actual player races, you know, the whole grey-grey moral dilemma and such. I yave something to keep him from harm for a while.

And since she is so...uniquely dressed, I'm guessing some kind of plot-relevant NPC. Better to take the gloves off. Vaarsuvius, please separate her from the goblin grunt."

Offering the following loot cards to Haley and V to add to my defense, respectively :
Cloak of Cloaking
:haley::haley::belkar:
Haley: Boosts your Hide shtick while equipped.

Cleverness
:roy::vaarsuvius:
Effect: Roy or Vaarsuvius get +2 Attack and +2 Defense vs. Dragons while equipped.

And using Creative Motivation to ask Elan for assistance in defense, discarding this card:
Magic Armor
:durkon::durkon::roy:
Durkon: Boosts your Big Heavy Armor shtick while equipped.

If all accept, that'd be a +11 total bonus, counting my Greenhilt Sword shtick, right?

SlyJohnny
2013-11-26, 02:38 PM
:elan: "Sounds good to me, Roy! Fight, fight, fight the antagonist forces!"

Accepting offer!

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-26, 02:42 PM
:haley: "Hey Crystal? It's Roland again, he wants to have a word with you."

(Accepting the offer)

Mekboy
2013-11-26, 02:53 PM
:vaarsuvius: "Very well Sir Greenhilt. Bigsby's repositioning hand."

I'll accept that.

Madmal
2013-11-26, 02:59 PM
[roll0]

> Greenhilt Sword +2
> Elan Help Boost +2
> Bard Song +1
> Haley Help Boost +4
>V Help Boost +2

EDIT: Well, that bums my day out. I Flip my Meat shield shtick to prevent the damage and End my turn.

Menarker
2013-11-26, 03:24 PM
Ouch! Despite all that generously given away loot, Roy just barely failed to defeat the assassin in combat. As Haley would have told Roy, she's funky deadly with that dagger!
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0581.html)
Roy loses 1 Wound... or would have except he tanks the dagger attacks that would have given him a haircut with his armor somehow, taking no damage.
All the promised loot goes to their respective players. Elan gets nothing though since Roy failed.

Any other actions? Since you wish to end turn, it is now Durkon's turn.

Zolkabro
2013-11-26, 04:01 PM
:durkon: "It's alright, laddie! I'm comin' for ye!" Durkon cries, and rattles down the stairs. Once he sees the threat Roy was facing, however, he suffers a change of heart.
"Er - on second thoughts, I'm gonna go in here instead"

> Moving 3 spaces to an unexplored room.

Menarker
2013-11-26, 05:39 PM
When Durkon fled from the Goblin room into the other direction, he swiftly ran into a creepy looking room with torches, runes drawn over the floor in an arcane fashion, with one massive one being enscribed in the center of the room.

The Summoning Room
Effect: It's got one of those standard magical circles on the ground and everything. All Fiends in this room gain +2 Attack and +2 Defense.

Something in the room is loitering around, possibly attempting to use it for their dire purposes! It attacks upon seeing the trespassing dwarf!

Elan plays a monster and then Belkar.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-26, 05:44 PM
A withered, rotting hand seems to thrust itself out of the solid stone floor, clambering out of the circle and into both the room and the Prime Material. It's fiery eyes dance wickedly, and it lunges for the dwarf.

You notice it's wearing a tag on the ripped leather jerkin it wears. It might say "Welcome to the City of Dis, my name is Steve", but there's really no time to check.

Creature From The Pit *Fiend*
ATK: 7 DEF: 9 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Enchanted: No Magic Shticks may be used against Monster.
- Support (Fiend) > *Deadly* If Monster wins, player loses +1 Wound.

+2 Attack and Defense bonus for the Summoning room not included.

Vesth
2013-11-26, 07:14 PM
For those with an eye for the arcane, the monster didn't just summon itself. Actually, for anyone with half a brain, they should know monsters don't just random summon themselves. After all, it ain't a webcomic strip! Behind the fiend, waving it's hands in a mysterious and rather cool-looking fashion is a green ogre (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0176.html) grinning wickedly at its newest victim.

Annis *Ogre*
ATK: 11 DEF: 9 Range: 6
Abilities:
- Spellcaster: If Monster wins, player discards 1 random Battle Card from their hand.
- Support (Ogre) *Greed* > If Monster wins, player discards 1 random Loot per supporting card.

Menarker
2013-11-26, 07:43 PM
Alright. Durkon must fight the Creature from the Pit first (Defense mode) before you fight the Annis. (Unless you use some other option?)

Do you wish to trade for assistance? Or any players wanting to exercise any of their screw this cards or shticks?

Zolkabro
2013-11-27, 03:04 AM
:durkon: "Two o' ye? Arright, time for tha big guns!"

"THOOOOOOOOOR'S MIIIIIIIIGHT!!!" he roars.

"Ach Elan, give us a hand o'er 'ere! I got a trinket ye might enjoy if so."

> Casting Thor's Might.
> Offering Elan:
Magic 8-Ball
:elan::elan::vaarsuvius:
Effect: (Elan) Discard to draw one shtick from your deck.

Since we already agreed on this one and I don't have to wait for acceptance, I'll roll!
[roll0]

EDIT: SERIOUSLY? I COULD HAVE BEATEN CRYSTAL WITH THAT! Grumble groan murmer whine...

Welp, both monsters smashed into the dirt. Yay for me.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-27, 07:24 AM
((I think you mean the creature from the pit + the Annis :) There's still 3 loot though, so it's all good.))

Menarker
2013-11-27, 07:24 AM
(Deleted post and reposted: Yeah, I was wondering why Durkon mentioned Crystal in the last post. That's what happens when you stay up until 4AM. For that matter, why are YOU up so late Sly? =P)

As the dwarf triggered the most absurd growth spurth that anyone would ever see, the Annis and her summon looked up to realize that the dwarf pretty much... dwarfed them in size. With one massive plunge of his hammer, the ground shook as he flatten to comedic pancake shaped corpses.

Durkon gains both Monster cards worth a total of 2 EXP!
Elan gets the Magic Ball loot as per trade agreement!

3 Loots drop in the room. (2 from Annis and 1 from Creature from Pit). Durkon can draw up to 2 loots this turn.

How many (if any) do you wish to pick up?

Also, feel free to list any other legitimate actions like trading in monster exp for shticks if you have the appropriate amount.

Zolkabro
2013-11-27, 12:57 PM
(Deleted post and reposted: Yeah, I was wondering why Durkon mentioned Crystal in the last post. That's what happens when you stay up until 4AM. For that matter, why are YOU up so late Sly? =P)

As the dwarf triggered the most absurd growth spurth that anyone would ever see, the Annis and her summon looked up to realize that the dwarf pretty much... dwarfed them in size. With one massive plunge of his hammer, the ground shook as he flatten to comedic pancake shaped corpses.

Durkon gains both Monster cards worth a total of 2 EXP!
Elan gets the Magic Ball loot as per trade agreement!

3 Loots drop in the room. (2 from Annis and 1 from Creature from Pit). Durkon can draw up to 2 loots this turn.

How many (if any) do you wish to pick up?

Also, feel free to list any other legitimate actions like trading in monster exp for shticks if you have the appropriate amount.

:durkon: "Huzzah! That'll teach ye to reckon with tha might o' tha almighty THOR!" Durkon rumbles from up by the ceiling, before shrinking down again so he can pick up as much loot as he can.

"And by tha way, Elan, here be something ye might enjoy. I think it be blashemy, none but those blessed by Thor can tell tha future, so give it to ye blasted puppet or summat."

> Picking up two loot,
> Giving Elan the Magic 8-Ball as promised,
> But not ending turn until I see my loot, incase I want to equip anything.

Zolkabro
2013-11-27, 02:05 PM
:durkon: "Ew. But... interestin'." Durkon murmers as he inspects his findings, before putting them away.

> Ending turn.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-27, 02:26 PM
:elan: "Oooh! A magic eightball! Thank you, Durkon. Magic Eightball, what's the best way for us to defeat Xykon?" Elan says, shaking it vigorously.

"...Outlook not so good." Elan frowns.

He heads into the demon-summoning room, and starts picking over the corpses alongside Durkon.

Trading Eightball for a new shtick, entering Durkon's room, picking up loot, equipping it if it turns out to be something that gives me a bonus, and then ending turn.

Menarker
2013-11-27, 03:03 PM
Elan gains yet another Bard Song Shtick (giving him a total of 3!)

As he enters the summoning room, picking at the corpses on the floor...

TRAP

Saw Blade Trap
Evade: 7 Range: 0 Single-Target
Trap effect: Lose 1 Wound.

A massive buzzsaw blade trap springs from the stone floor (how does that work anyhow?) and threatens to amputate our plucky singer! If he loses his arm, he'll have to ditch his lute for an instrument that doesn't need limbs! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0198.html)

Elan, roll for evade. You need a 7 or better to evade it safely.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-27, 03:14 PM
"Oh, man, the eightball wasn't kidding!"

Elan idly considers whether he prefers his lute to a kazoo, and then decides that maybe he can use a kazoo even if he doesn't lose his arm. The sawblade looms near, and he throws himself on the floor, squeaking "Jehovah begins with an 'I'!"

[roll0] evade

Menarker
2013-11-27, 03:18 PM
Elan narrowly evades the trap, with little more than a few lost strands of hair that ultimately doesn't change his appearance by much at all.

Any other actions? Or is it Belkar's turn?

EDIT: SlyJohnny said on pad he had no more actions to take. It is now Belkar's turn.

Vesth
2013-11-27, 05:02 PM
:belkar: Hey, why is everyone fighting something except me?!

Belkar moves to the Emergency Exit.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-27, 05:45 PM
"Read my mind." A small green figure ran into the room from the rune room, staring Belkar down. "I ditch that post Elroy gives me for fifteen minutes and suddenly a party showed up. Lets bash in heads." The goblin lets off a wicked grin, charging straight at Belkar. The whole situation was familiar to a running gag we all know and love. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0063.html)

Crazy Charging Goblin *Goblin*
ATK: 9 DEF: 6 Range 0
Exp: Loot: 1
Abilities:
- Bloodlust: Monster wins on any "draw result".
- Support (Goblin) > *Deadly* If Monster wins, player loses +1 Wound.

Vesth
2013-11-27, 09:24 PM
:belkar: Bring it on, small fry! I'll make a hat outta you!

Because of Joy of Killing, I get a +2 to both Attack and Defense.

DEF with Twin Daggers of Doom: [roll0] against 9 ATT

50% chance, come on!

EDIT: Natural 12, Woohoo!

Menarker
2013-11-28, 05:30 AM
Belkar masterfully slices up the raging goblin, reducing the goblin into headwear material. It's disgusting to look at, and unlike certain RPGs, you won't get a bonus wearing it. (Nor would anyone offer to trade you for it, don't be silly.)

Belkar gains the Goblin card worth 1 EXP.
1 loot drops in the room. Do you wish to take it?

Also, any other end-of-turn actions you wish to take?

Vesth
2013-11-28, 06:12 AM
I'm using my Keen Nose on V, trading in my 3 saved monsters for a shtick and pick up that loot!

Menarker
2013-11-28, 03:29 PM
PM regarding your choice of shticks and your picked up loot has been sent.

Also, recall that your Keen Nose shtick is explictively stated to be a "start of turn" ability.

I'll be getting ready to leave for work later today, so I won't be updating much today.

EDIT: Belkar has leveled up! The slaughter of several monsters has granted him crucial insight... on something he already knew! That he is a seething kettle of boiling rage!

Gained Shtick!
Halfling Rage (FLIP)
Effect: You may flip this card during any battle to give yourself a +3 Attack and +3 Defense until the end of the battle. At the end of the turn, lose 1 Wound.
Boost: You do not lose 1 Wound at the end of the turn.

It is now Haley's turn.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-28, 05:48 PM
:haley: "Wow, crystal has a thicker head than I thought. I think you guys have it handled though, I'ma check if there's more loot this a way. Hard to see and all."

>Equip the Cloak
>Move into the unexplored room directly to the right of the Dark Room.

Menarker
2013-11-28, 05:55 PM
As Haley stumbles out of the darkness gradually into the light, she trips into a chasm filled with... unusual beasts. To those versed in the lore of Durokan's tower, this place is... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0055.html)

The Pit of Outdated Monsters
This room is filled to the brim with vile and ill-conceived beasts. Any Monsters killed in this room cannot be saved to trade in for shticks (or backstories); discard them instead.

Spying oddities like the dreaded unicorn-bunny and a goat-aphant, Haley doesn't spend long in here before some of the more aggressive monsters come charging straight for her!

Vaarsuvius plays a monster first and then Roy.

Mekboy
2013-11-28, 06:31 PM
Goblin Ninja *Goblin*
ATK: 6 DEF: 12 Range: 2
Abilities:
- Hide: If Monster wins on Defense, battle is a draw.
- Support (Goblin) > *Ambush* +3 Attack on turn this card enters play.

Madmal
2013-11-28, 07:25 PM
"H-hey, come back you lousy pajama wearer! How can we show the DM that just because we are easter-flavored, that's no reason to ditch us in this place! I...I mean, there is a Azure city, right? Right?":smallfrown:

Depressed Monk *Human*
ATK: 7 DEF: 12 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Hide: If Monster wins on Defense, battle is a draw.

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-28, 07:39 PM
:haley: "Awh, this room?" The obvious recognition came to her as a long sigh escaped her lips, glaring down the goblin. Oh well, nothing too threatening. Come to me, my golden pretties.

[roll0]

> Longbow +4
> Sneak Attack +1
> Elan +1

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-28, 07:56 PM
"One, aaand..."

[roll0]

Defending against the second monk.
> Longbow +4
> Sneak Attack +1
> Elan +1

Menarker
2013-11-29, 01:28 AM
The goblin ninja had gotten stronger than normal as a result of the Sword-Goblins presence on the same floor. However, even that boost didn't help out in the end as Haley pinned it to the ground during its senseless mid-air leap.

The Monk depressed state left him too lethargic to move at his full speed, getting him a faceful of arrows. Blocking 1 arrow may be part of a monk's training... But a volley is another!

Both Monsters defeated. However, Haley cannot save the cards as a result of the room's effect.

Two loots drop. Haley picks them up!

TRAP!

Trapdoor
Evade: 6 Range: 0 Single Target
Trap Effect: Lose a turn

As Haley reaches for the other loot, a trapdoor springs open from under her feet, daring to engulf her into the pitch darkness...

Epinephrine_Syn
2013-11-29, 01:35 AM
:haley: "...and two. Alright, lets see about the loot." Haley looks at the loot, sensing the trap underneath of her even as she scanned through this. "Wow, okay now this literally cannot be any worse."

[roll0]

She dodges the trap, in a manner that only barely leads her out, tripping and rolling on the ground. "I'm quite amazed at my luck. Alright V, it's all clear."

>End Turn

Mekboy
2013-11-29, 08:18 AM
EDIT Ignore this. And the evade check in the next post.
[/COLOR]Equip cleverness, point a fireball at the swordgoblin and Crystal. Also, Roy needs to make an evasion test with a difficulty of 8.
[roll0] vs 8 for goblin, 21 for Crystal.

:vaarsuvius: "While of course there is no doubt that Miss Starshine would prefer to deal with her rival herself, I fear that expedience would be rather more on our if this rivalry were dealt with in a more immediate fashion. And of course there is the matter of her thrice-cursed improved evasion. I fear that my decidedly combustible nature may regrettably leave me a minor disadvantaged, but that is a risk I must take. Elan, I have here some supplies you may find useful in return for your assistance here."

Walk into the room with Crystal, Roy and the goblin, equip cleverness then point blank fireball at Crystal, offering Elan some Sorcerer's Fruit Pies to help me.

:elan:

Madmal
2013-11-29, 08:59 AM
"Maybe you should also account for those that dont have it as well..."
[roll0]

Mekboy
2013-11-29, 11:54 AM
:vaarsuvius:"While of course it would be entirely preferable to deal with the insufferable dullard that is Miss Starshine's nemesis immediately, I fear her talents are such that any attempt at doing so from such a range would be entirely without purpose. I suppose it would be better to move ahead."

Move past the pit of outdated monsters, equip cleverness, see what appears.

Menarker
2013-11-29, 12:47 PM
Crystal must be the target since she is the first one played in that room.

Some of your options are...

A: Move to a different room and test your luck with new monsters.
B: Attack from afar with fireball. (Since you're defending if you end your movement in a room with monsters, but if you're in a different room with sufficent range to reach the enemies, you will be attacking). You'd need to request aid before actually casting the fireball like before, but I wouldn't mind letting you redo that action.
C: Defend against Crystal first with Magic Missile.

EDIT: You selected A. I'll roll up a room and set things up.

As V flies over the pit of monsters that Haley is currently stuck in, s/he arrives at a large audience room with lit braziers of stoked flames, incense and a rockin' statue of a Norse God with a hammer. If you had some more points in Knowledge: Religion, you'd probably would have known from the start that this room is a...

Shrine to Thor
Effect: When you finish resting in this room, you may pray to Thor. Roll a die for his response: 1-3 Discard a Loot Card at random; 4-7 Nothing happens; 8-10 Draw 1 loot; 11-12 Draw 2 Loots. Durkon adds +1 to this roll.

However it turns out that there are already someone in the room. Whether they are actual worshippers remain to be seen as they don't appreciate your sudden appearance!

Roy plays a monster first and then Durkon.

Madmal
2013-11-29, 04:11 PM
"Halt. warlock! I, Sir Meebob of the Blueshroom (http://imageshack.us/a/img255/5932/koboldknight.jpg), have been tasked with the vigilance of this hallowed place dedicated to the terror that is He-who-toasts-your-aunt-while-inhebriated! Turn back and retreat, or fear my lack of properly prepared centipede treats!

Why!, oh WHY did she had to go to the clearing for fresh air before giving us the final ingredient!

Kobold Knight *Kobold*
ATK: 6 DEF: 6 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Support: (Kobold) > *Assist* +2 Attack and +2 Defense

Zolkabro
2013-11-29, 04:15 PM
"And I, his faithful sidekick, will provide some light comedy relief while kicking your ass! Hiya!"

Kobold Ranger *Kobold*
ATK: 4 DEF: 6 Range: 0
Abilities:
- Multiattack 2: When this Monster attacks, player rolls two dice and takes lowest roll.

Mekboy
2013-11-30, 11:14 AM
:vaarsuvius: "Elan, if I may offer you some provisions in exchange for a modicum of assistance here? Regrettably, my primary method of attack is a little too indiscriminate for these ranges."

Yeah, offering the Fruit Pies again in exchange for help against the knight.

SlyJohnny
2013-11-30, 11:25 AM
:elan: "Those are my favorite flavor! I'll definitely help. Blast, blast, blast, the irritating Monty Python extra~"

Accepting offer, giving a total bonus of +4

Mekboy
2013-11-30, 11:46 AM
:vaarsuvius:"Exquisite. Magic missile!"

[roll0] vs 8 for kobold knight.

Mekboy
2013-11-30, 11:52 AM
:vaarsuvius:"And another for your sidekick."

[roll0] or [roll1] vs 4, whichever's worse.

Menarker
2013-11-30, 02:19 PM
The Knight find himself with several small holes riddled across his chest for their troubles as they fall dead to the ground.

Vaarsuvius gains the Knight monster card for exp

A loots drop on the floor.

A KOBOLD SHAMAN remains, not Kobold Ranger! (My apologies for not noticing sooner!)

Kobold Shaman *Kobold*
ATK: 6 DEF: 8 Range: 4
Abilities:
- Spellcaster: If Monster wins, player discards 1 random Battle Card from their hand.
- Support (Dragon) *Assist*: +2 Attack and +2 Defense.

Mekboy
2013-11-30, 03:12 PM
Am I using the other rolls?

If not, [roll0] vs 6.

Either way, I'll be taking that loot.

Menarker
2013-11-30, 11:15 PM
The Shaman, formerly known as Ranger, still ended up with holes in his head for his trouble. =3

Sending PM regarding your loots.

Let me know after if you have other actions worth taking.

Mekboy
2013-12-01, 08:11 AM
That's it, I'll end my turn.

Madmal
2013-12-02, 09:23 PM
>Going up one space to the emergency Exit.

Menarker
2013-12-03, 02:10 PM
Roy flees backwards toward the Emergency Exit, leaving the blood-thirsty Crystal rather disappointed.
Belkar is in the room as well, so there are no new battles triggered.

Do you wish to perform any particular actions while you're there?

EDIT: Roy's player Malmagor said in edupad that he was done acting for the turn. Next player to act is Durkon.

Zolkabro
2013-12-08, 04:31 AM
:durkon: *gasp* "I sense tha prescense o' THOR!" Durkon cries, and clanks out of his room, through the next, heading towards the shrine he can sense, but as he enters the next room he is assaulted by darkness, and cannot see well enough to cross.

"Uh- Anyone home?" he gingerely calls out.

> Move to A Dark Room.
> Awaiting monsters!

SlyJohnny
2013-12-08, 05:59 AM
If the room wasn't so dark, and the roof wasn't further up than the range of his darkvision, the dwarf might have noticed the way the ceiling seems to shift and collapse inward, despite the fact that his Stonecunning tells him the room is stable. Closer inspection, as the mass fell towards him, might reveal that it wasn't the ceiling itself that was dropping towards him with deliberate accuracy, merely several tiles and lumps of clay seemingly suspended in a quivering, translucent mass.

But alas, the room is dark, so Durkon gets very little warning to suggest he has awoken something predatory.

Gelatinous Goo *Creepy-Crawlie*
ATK: 10 DEF: 7 Range: 1
Exp: 1 Loot: 0
Abilities:
- Sticky: While stuck to you, this Monster gains +4 Defense and you may not move.
- Impervious: No Weapon Shticks may be used against Monster.
- Mindless: No Verbal Shticks may be used against Monster.

Vesth
2013-12-08, 07:11 AM
"Yesssss! 20 points for me!"
"Nuh ahhh! The card sssspecially statesss that the Goo must ssswallow him whole!"
"Ssshut up, the lot of you! I play Attack The Dwarf, and the first one to kill him gets uhhhh...."
"25 points! 25 points! He'sssss mine!"

From a small hidden cave entrance near the top of the ceiling, three lizard guys pop down amidst a flutter of cards, tokens and a smelly bucket with traces of Gelatinous Goo.

Lizard Guys *Dragon*
ATK: 7 DEF: 7 Range: 0

Menarker
2013-12-08, 10:48 AM
The goo approaches in a slurpy fashion, fearless of the hammer of Thor of its opponent (not that it would fear anything to begin with, being mindless and all!).

Short break for Screw This. (By short, I mean when I get home from work).

Otherwise, it seems like our faithful Durkon will have no choice but to roll to get a draw or else suffer a hit from the monster and be stuck in the darkness, possibly to starve in this dank dungeon.

Zolkabro
2013-12-08, 10:54 AM
:durkon: "Och, SHI-"

"...Ookay, anybody who can do summat about these laddies, you'll be well paid, arright?"

> Just putting it out there that there is an added best-loot-I-have-for-your-character incentive for any Screw This cards that would help me out of here, like making my shticks magic, the solvent, etc. PM me for negotionation.

Menarker
2013-12-10, 12:51 AM
Alright, 24 hours has passed since the last big request.

Can I expect you to roll shortly or act on any PMs you have received up to this point (if any)?

Zolkabro
2013-12-10, 02:39 AM
OOC: Okay, I'll give up waiting.
Thanks for all the help guys! I was SO pleased with the overwhelming ZERO PMS I recieved! Woo!
Grumble mumble furious fumble...
:durkon: "Me - me hammer! Oh no!" Durkon cries, after trying to strike at the goo with it, and having the hammer bounce off and ricochet off the cieling. "Uh - a little help, anyone?"

"V, if ye gi' us a hand I got some magical wotsits tha migh' be o' use te ye."

> Offering V Bat Guano (:vaarsuvius:) and a Spell Booster Pack (:vaarsuvius:) for assistance.

"What d'ye say?"

Mekboy
2013-12-10, 06:19 PM
:vaarsuvius: "A very agreeable offer, Brother Thundershield. I accept."

Zolkabro
2013-12-11, 02:49 AM
Oh man, here we go!

:durkon: Denied the use of his hammer, Durkon attempts to strangle the goo with his bear hands!
[roll0]

EDIT: AH! By ONE POINT!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1623264/cyberman-victory-dance-o.gif
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

SlyJohnny
2013-12-11, 08:25 AM
:elan: "Careful, Durkon! It's really slippery!" Elan cries.

((I'm really sorry about this, man...

SCREW THIS!))

I'm just messing with you. Not playing a 'screw this' card :)

Zolkabro
2013-12-11, 04:32 PM
Durkon smacks Elan for being annoying, and then ends his turn.

Zolkabro
2013-12-11, 04:45 PM
Rerolling against the goo because I'm a complete dunce:
[roll0]

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH