PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.P] Help with a Cleric build?

ComposerSuzuran
2013-10-23, 06:31 PM
I've been working to create a character for a possible PF game using the Wrath of the Righteous adventure path, but given that if this gets off the ground (I haven't heard from the DM in a while, but we're all busy) this is going to be my first game ever actually playing tabletop after wanting to for years, I wanted to ask the Playground for a bit of help.

I've decided on a NG Tiefling Cleric of Pharasma, using the Soul Seer alternate racial trait on the SRD to swap out the default SLA and the dead-weight Sorcerer bonuses for an at-will Deathwatch SLA. (purely a flavor choice, though I think it'll be useful in game as well) I'm taking the Repose domain, but the other's not set.

For those who are not familiar with the adventure path, players are required to take one backstory-related trait from a small pool- I chose "Stolen Fury", which basically means my character was kidnapped by cultists and forced into a ritual which went wrong and wound up empowering her. Mechanically, it's a +2 trait bonus on all combat maneuver checks against demons.
I don't know much beyond what the introductory booklet says (probably a good thing because I really don't want metagame knowledge), but the basics are that the PCs are crusaders fighting demons. Lots and lots of demons.

The essential backstory I'm thinking of is that she started out as a normal human, but the ritual left her changed into something between fiend and human. Ostracized by those she used to consider friends, she wound up turning to the priesthood of Pharasma. (After all, crusades leave a lot of dead bodies behind that need to be seen to.) Spending more time with the dead and the living have left her cold and distant, but she still remains a good, honest, and caring person under her chilly and standoffish demeanor and fearsome appearance.

also I just really love the idea of pitching a tiefling against demons okay

I don't know much about the rest of the party or their OP level, so I'm aiming for mid-OP. Support is one of my favorite things to do in most games, so I'd like to place a heavy focus on that, and I want to pick up some martial ability so I'm competent if needed. Anything 3.5 is on the table as long as I can provide a book and page number. (I don't know about homebrew, I haven't asked, but I think it might be iffy.)

I've been thinking about a Crusader dip, but I'm not sure about what PrCs would be good to pick up. (I'm iffy about RKV, both because it seems a bit much and I'm not entirely sure if I can get the DM to agree with the deity requirement hanging out there.)

Thoughts? (Thanks in advance!)