PDA

View Full Version : Half Fey Sorceress

Blackhawk748
2013-10-23, 08:30 PM
Ok i will be starting a campaign shortly as a 3rd level Half fey/Half human Sorceress (i will have bought off my +1LA), we will be in the Dragonlance setting. Im only taking the first part of the Savage Progression for the Half Fey Template. So im looking for good feats or PrCs from Dragonlance.

My plan right now is to be a Wild Mage, and to just take a bunch of Fey Heritage Feats.

PS: Where is the Celestial Sorcerer PrC? As from what i've heard it gives a lot of bonus Celestial Heritage feats and i was thinking of just shifting it to Fey Heritage. As always thanks for the assist.

jedipilot24
2013-10-23, 09:23 PM
Ok i will be starting a campaign shortly as a 3rd level Half fey/Half human Sorceress (i will have bought off my +1LA), we will be in the Dragonlance setting. Im only taking the first part of the Savage Progression for the Half Fey Template. So im looking for good feats or PrCs from Dragonlance.

My plan right now is to be a Wild Mage, and to just take a bunch of Fey Heritage Feats.

PS: Where is the Celestial Sorcerer PrC? As from what i've heard it gives a lot of bonus Celestial Heritage feats and i was thinking of just shifting it to Fey Heritage. As always thanks for the assist.

As far as I know, there isn't a Celestial Sorcerer PrC; what you may be thinking of is the Exalted Arcanist from the Book of Exalted Deeds, but that grants Exalted Feats not Celestial Heritage feats.
In any case, the Fey Heritage feats are way better than the Celestial Sorcerer feats.
A Half-Fey Wild Mage in Dragonlance? Have to say I've never seen that before. How familiar are you with the Dragonlance fluff? In particular, which age are you in? Wild Sorcery (what you are obviously going after) is only available on Krynn in certain eras.
I also don't typically associate "Fey" with Dragonlance; if it were up to me, I'd ask the DM to let me refluff the 'Fey' stuff actually being Half-Irda, who are both the only 'Fey-like' race I can think of in Dragonlance and also the only race that is not bound by the normal restrictions on Wild Sorcery.

Edit: After looking things up in the DL Nexus, I suppose the Half-Fey thing could stand as is but I'd still like to know what era you're playing in.

Blackhawk748
2013-10-23, 09:36 PM
We are in the Age of Mortals, so Wild Magic is around, i have read The Soulforged, so i am kinda familiar with the setting. Probably should have put this in the OP, forgot Dragonlance had so many eras lol

jedipilot24
2013-10-23, 09:56 PM
Reserves of Strength from Dragonlance Campaign Setting; for 1 feat tax (Iron Will) and the minor inconvenience of being stunned, you can increase your caster level by up to three when casting a spell; this even allows you to break the level cap of a spell.
That is really good when combined with Wild Mage.
The Age of Mortals sourcebook has the good version of Spellcasting Prodigy: +2 to casting attribute for DC's AND bonus spells.

Blackhawk748
2013-10-23, 10:11 PM
well those sound like a lot of fun, guess i'll be taking some flaws lol

Crake
2013-10-23, 10:25 PM
(i will have bought off my +1LA)

Isn't half-fey (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) LA+2? Or is this some kind of special dragonlance version that's only +1?

Blackhawk748
2013-10-23, 10:29 PM
it is +2, but as i said in my OP im only taking the first part of its Savage Progression, so its +1 in this case.

Zombulian
2013-10-23, 10:40 PM
Don't savage progressions mean that you don't get LA? You said you bought it off... Maybe I'm just confused.

The Insanity
2013-10-24, 01:37 AM
Savage progression turns a template/race into a class. There's no LA to buy off. You are a Half-Fey 1/Sorc 2. There's no way around it, sorry.

Blackhawk748
2013-10-24, 08:46 AM
ah ok, well then i would be a Sorcerer 3/Half Fey 1, as i thought it was buy off-able and i was lvl 4, no prob. I still get a lot of fun stuff.

Blackhawk748
2013-10-25, 02:27 PM
Ok, we had our first session, and i was about as useful as a lvl 3 Sorceress usually is. My spells right now are:

Magic Missile
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Clumsiness

Prestidigitation
Dancing Lights
Silent Portal
Open/Close
Detect Magic

Now i usually dont play Debuff mages, i prefer to just blow stuff up so any recommendations for spells would be great. Now im aware of Solid Fog, Glitterdust, and Web, but are there any that would fit with a Fey theme? Like Hexes or Curses? Preferably ones that are ranged, as im terrible at melee touch attacks.

jedipilot24
2013-10-25, 05:29 PM
Ok, we had our first session, and i was about as useful as a lvl 3 Sorceress usually is. My spells right now are:

Magic Missile
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Clumsiness

Prestidigitation
Dancing Lights
Silent Portal
Open/Close
Detect Magic

Now i usually dont play Debuff mages, i prefer to just blow stuff up so any recommendations for spells would be great. Now im aware of Solid Fog, Glitterdust, and Web, but are there any that would fit with a Fey theme? Like Hexes or Curses? Preferably ones that are ranged, as im terrible at melee touch attacks.

Warlocks aside, Fey blasting is usually a contradiction in terms as Fey tend to be sly tricksters. But if you like blasting, here's the guide for it:
http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1765181

Blackhawk748
2013-10-26, 01:04 PM
I realize this, and i also realize that i worded that badly lol As i am going to be a Debuff mage and im not familiar with doing it.