PDA

View Full Version : Goldshadow Psionics III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:38 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/GoldShadowSign-1.png

Halfway between the Temple of Inari and Trog’s Tavern lies the home of Earin and Elya. It is nothing obviously unusual, just a large, two story home made lovingly out of wood and stone.
Over the door hangs a vividly painted sign that proclaims the house to be the home of Goldshadow Psionics.

Upon entrance one sees that the first floor has been converted into something resembling a cross between a shop and a library. There is a small desk to one side, a place for someone to greet new arrivals as well as take care of purchases. In the front half of the room there are shelves and glass display cases containing a large variety of psionic related items for sale. In the back of the room there are a number of well cushioned chairs, book cases full of tomes and manuals about psionics, though there are a small number of non-psionic books for those who might be looking for other things. This small library is available for anyone’s use, though it is asked that you leave any books you pulls out on the tables for re-shelving by the NPCs. Near the shelves is a small bar/coffee shop area for anyone planning to stay near the books for a while. There is a spiral staircase in one corner, leading both into the basement and to the second floor.
Anything that is considered to be a Minor Psionic Item is fair game to be purchased normally. Medium Psionic Items are always stocked, but held in the back room, while Major Psionic Items (and custom psionic items) will require time for creation/delivery.

Anyone who wants to purchase psionic services that are not items will be referred to Elya and Earin. Currently they offer the services of:
-Mind Healing (Restore memories, remove compulsions, charms, etc.)
-Tracking/Locating (We can find things, it isn’t really too difficult)
-Permanent Metamorphisis (think ultimate makeover)
-Mind Reformation (Ever wanted to relocate your feats and skills? Now you can)
-General Psionic Services (anything minor can be done)

The basement of the building is divided into three rooms. The large, main room is an expanded version of the library upstairs, combined with a large table and a good number of chairs. This is a generic meeting room, intended for the use of a psionics guild, but useable by anyone who might want a place for a large group to meet. This library follows the same rules as the upstairs library, except that its use is reserved for guild members, and books may be checked out.
The second room is medium sized and contains a number of small rooms for meditation and for practicing psionics. This room’s walls and sparse furniture have been protected against generally anything that might harm it.
The third room is in one corner, heavily locked in mundane, psionic, and magical manners, thanks to the combined efforts of Earin and Elya. The room denies any attempt to enter via magical or psionic means and is affected by Elya’s Epic Dispel Ward (which prevents anything within its area from being dispelled, and if the dispel ward itself is dispelled, you have about 20 seconds (or less) before it becomes active again. Antimagic fields are negated within the ward’s area). Also, the door and walls of the room are made out of sheer force, lined with mundane walls of iron and lead. The door has a single, extremely complicated lock of Earin’s own unique design. Anyone who manages to enter the room without one of the two keys in their possession will find themselves immediately Suggested to leave the room. All else failing, there are two permanent alarms that will alert Earin and Elya to the unwanted presence of anyone in the room.
Once all the securities have been bypassed, someone entering the room will find themselves in an obviously extradimensional space. This room contains a large number of portals to Earin and Elya’s providers, as well as any items for sale that are not on display.

The second story contains the living quarters of Earin and Elya, as well as a couple of rooms for any business matters that need to be kept private.
Earin and Elya will participate in less than legal activities and deals if they are convinced that there is nothing morally wrong with doing so. They approach such deals with caution, however, and Earin deals with them more often than Elya.

Earin and Elya have created a Psionics Guild, and anyone proficient psionically is welcome to join, should they get permission from Earin and Elya. The guild is dedicated to promoting psionics in the town, and providing any psionics service that people might want. They also are meant to train themselves and others in the skills of psionics.
Anyone in the guild gets a discount on all the items in the store, and are welcome to use the expanded psionics library and the practice room in the basement at any time.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/guildbadge.png
Psionics Guild
Guild Heads:
Earin
Elya
Members:
Remy
Deadly
Gegiet
Iria
Iames
Lyrak
Eloquent Rune
Kyrian
Krystal
Ilias
Cid
Androti

The NPC staff of Goldshadow Psionics are as follows:

Grothok:http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/grothok.png
Grothok is the general grunt worker, but very occasionally runs the front desk when Vivian is absent. He may not talk smart, but he has a good memory and knows the price of every item in the shop. Most of the time he simply waits for something to do, and runs the bar/coffee shop in the back when needed.
Grothok not dumb, Grothok just un-edju-caited!

McBish
2007-01-04, 01:40 PM
Shea comes out of the coffee shop with a plate with 3 sandwichs. He sets them down on a table and rushes to hug Elya.

((Reposted))

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 01:41 PM
He picks up a sandwich, shrugs, then takes a bite.

"These are good, Shea, thanks!"

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:42 PM
((Gah! you missed my other post, Rebonack, and now you have us all out of order))
Elya hugs Shea back.
I missed you, Shea.

McBish
2007-01-04, 01:44 PM
Are you better?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:46 PM
Elya nods.
I'm fine now, Shea.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 01:46 PM
Regiji chews and swallows the mouthful of sandwich.

"Ah, I take it Earin told you about me then?"

McBish
2007-01-04, 01:48 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you more.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:50 PM
Oh, yes.
Elya looks like she would shake his hand, except that she is hugging Shea.
Its not your fault, Shea.
She smiles at him.

McBish
2007-01-04, 01:52 PM
I made you a sandwich. He motions to the sandwichs.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:54 PM
Thank you, Shea.
She lets go of him and picks one up, then looks to Regiji.
So why is it that Earin teleported me away for a while? He wouldn't tell me, but he never had a good reason, he just dodged the question.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 01:55 PM
Regiji approaches and musses Shea's hair. Fortunately not long enough for the aura of banality to start seeping onto him.

"Cheer up, kido," Regiji smiles. "Everyone did as much as they could. You spent lots of time with Elya comforting her and I'm sure she's grateful for it," he glances up. "Right? We're all just glad you're ok now."

"Well... to be honest, it was my idea," Regiji admits. "We got the information about the orb Earin healed you with from some guy in red armor. He pretty much just walked up to me and said: '"Only you can retrieve the artifact."' I figured he was telling the truth, but I wasn't sure about his motivation for randomly sharing this information. I suggested Earin and you go somewhere safe for a while."

Regiji shrugs.

"I'm just a little overly cautious I suppose."

McBish
2007-01-04, 01:57 PM
Shea smiles happy that Elya is back.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:00 PM
A man in red armor?
Elya asks the question slowly.

McBish
2007-01-04, 02:02 PM
Shea looks up at Elya wondering if she knows the man in red armor.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:05 PM
"More crimson than red I guess, but yes that's about it," Regiji taps his chin. "I attempted to question him about his name and reasons for being here but he just responded with cryptic non-answers. I think he's trying too hard to be mysterious, I'm sure you know the type."

Regiji sits down and takes him another bite of his sandwich.

"I've seen him around Town engaging in do-gooding so unless it's all just an elaborate ruse to throw everyone off his dastardly plan I think I may have misjudged him at first. Seems like a reasonable, er, person."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:10 PM
((Actually, he only ever really gave one cryptic answer, and that was to Alena. Which he then explained.
He just told you that he wasn't going to give his name))

Elya sits down and eats her sandwich, sighing.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:12 PM
Regiji quirks an eyebrow.

"Have you heard of a guy like that before? Or are you as clueless as I am about this?" he takes another bite of his sandwich.

McBish
2007-01-04, 02:12 PM
Elya, what's wrong?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:14 PM
I've... met him before. Nothing is wrong Shea. Not really.
She gives him a small smile, and she seems to be telling the truth.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:18 PM
Regiji tilts his head to the side a bit. It's the same gesture he's used to using in his larger... armor... though it doesn't look quite the same coming from a humanoid.

"Huh... well, if you two were ever on friendly terms then that would explain why he was so willing to hand out information that would aid in your recovery."

Regiji leans back in his chair and considers this new information.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:20 PM
Elya nods, but doesn't expand on what she has said.

McBish
2007-01-04, 02:22 PM
Shea finds a seat near Elya and watches her to make sure she is ok.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:31 PM
Regiji notes her response and doesn't press the issue further.

"So, I understand you're a priestess of Inari? Since she's the patron deity of foxes you'll have to excuse my question but... what made you choose her as the object of your veneration? I'm pretty certain you aren't a fox person or anything similar, so I suppose I'm somewhat surprised you didn't choose one of the other more commonly worshiped deities."

He holds up one hand in advanced apology.

"If that's too personal, you don't have to answer it. I'm just a... curious person I suppose."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:37 PM
Elya shrugs.
Well, back home there was a very small temple to Inari. Most of the common folk payed a little attention to her since she was a goddess of agriculture. I simply helped them from time to time, and eventually I just joined with it. Its just happened.
Honestly, the fact that there is one of her temples here is coincidence. It may be focused on an aspect that I am unused to, but she is the same goddess, and so I worship there.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:44 PM
Regiji nods.

"That makes sense I suppose, I guess I'm just not accustomed to variable aspects and multiple deities and how people choose who they'll venerate," Regiji chews on another bite of sandwich thoughtfully. "Back home everyone venerates The Shepherds, myself included. So it wasn't ever anything I had to decide on my own."

McBish
2007-01-04, 02:45 PM
Shea listens to the conversation while munching on his sandwich.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:46 PM
Who are The Shepherds? What belief system do you have?
Elya eats her sandwich, but seems quite focused on Regiji, waiting for his response.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 02:57 PM
Regiji seems to be very pleased to be sharing this information.

"The Shepherds watch over my family. They guide us and protect us. They seek those who are lost. Mend those who are broken," Regiji smiles. "We, my family I mean, call ourselves the Flock. Our relationship with our deity is pretty apparent from the name. The Shepherds guide the Flock and the Flock serves the Shepherds."

Regiji thinks for a moment.

"We don't really worship the Shepherds. We venerate and respect them. Like a child would venerate and respect their parents. The Shepherds show us the Path Providence has set for us and we walk it. It was Providence that I came here and met your husband. Providence that your cure could only be reached by me."

Regiji smiles.

"Nothing happens for nothing."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 02:59 PM
Elya smiles back.
Thats a very beautiful set of beliefs.

McBish
2007-01-04, 03:01 PM
Shea convinced that Elya is back to normal he heads downstairs and goes into a practice room.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 03:04 PM
Regiji shrugs.

"It's the only thing I know. I haven't ever really studied the beliefs of others before, though I suspect that I'll get the chance to while I'm here. It's my duty to gather as much information about this place as I can," he grins. "That and make friends. My family is always looking for new allies."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 03:06 PM
You can't just make friends for the sake of having friends?
Elya looks a little sad at the thought.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 03:12 PM
"Of course I can," Regiji responds with a chuckle. "Just because I enjoy doing something doesn't mean it won't benefit others. I befriended Earin because I like him and he seems like a good person. My family benefits from that because of what I've learned from him. And he benefits from it from the help I've provided. The fact that my family would like to have a more concrete alliance with the people here doesn't lessen the fact that I consider Earin a friend."

Regiji doesn't sound offended, just slightly confused.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 03:15 PM
It just seem colder somehow.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 03:20 PM
Regiji blinks.

"I... I don't understand what you mean by that," he sounds more confused than before.

It's an expression of-

Shush. Let her explain. This is important.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 03:27 PM
I mean, eventually its almost the same, but I doubt it is really quite the same even then.
You first try and make friendships incorrectly, since you do not make them entirely because you want to, but because you have another reason as well. It affects your decisions, whether you know it or not.
Then later, you may feel that it is 'in the best interests' to do things you would not otherwise do, just to keep and help the friendship so your alliance can stay strong.
Elya looks at him sadly.
Its more impartial than a friendship should be. Its not between you and them, its between a goal and them.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 03:34 PM
Regiji considers this.

"But... everything has a purpose. Whether or not we know it at the time," he pauses for a moment. "I was sent here because it would be for good, both the good of my family and the people here. I didn't come here knowing who I was supposed to talk to or who to consider a friend or how to go about it, I just knew that whatever happened would have a purpose, that I was on the Path that I'm supposed to be on. Just because I know that the friendships I forge here will be for the greater good of both our peoples... that makes them... less valid?"

Now he looks hurt.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 03:36 PM
I think the way you view it may make it more impartial.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 03:45 PM
Regiji studies his sandwich intently. Then stands.

"I just remembered I have. Things. To do," he says slowly, rolling a natural one on his Bluff check. "I'll see you around Town I suppose. Say hi to Earin when he gets back for me."

He turns and sulks out the door.

McBish
2007-01-04, 03:49 PM
In the practice room Shea slumps to the floor as his mind leaves his body.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 03:50 PM
Elya is extremely torn between standing by what she said and trying to comfort him. She ends up sitting where she is, at a bit of a loss.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:03 PM
Shea allows his mind to float out of the room and upstairs.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:05 PM
Elya is sitting at the table, looking a little sad.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:07 PM
Shea thinks for a minute trying to figure out a way to cheer her up.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:10 PM
I shouldn't have been so hard on him. He only wants to do the right thing.
Elya gets a little more depressed.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:11 PM
Elya are you sure you're ok?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:11 PM
I was okay.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:12 PM
What's wrong?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:13 PM
Its just... Regiji and I talked, I'm not sure I said the right thing.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:15 PM
I'm sure he will be fine, he is nice, he got me some hot chocolate.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:15 PM
Elya smiles a little, but doesn't seem too sure.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:18 PM
Shea tries to pat Elya's shoulder, but can't since his body is in the practice room. It will be ok.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:19 PM
I hope so.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:20 PM
Um... Elya do you know how I get back in my body?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:22 PM
What? Oh my.
Elya notices how Shea is talking to her for the first time.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:24 PM
Um... yeah I don't really know what happened.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:28 PM
I um... well, at the very least I should be able to use a resurrection spell to reconnect you to your body, but I do not believe that will be neccessary.
Elya examines Shea's state, trying to determine if anything still links him to his body.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:30 PM
Shea is connected to his body with a silver line. Almost as if he was using the spell astral projection.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:31 PM
Hm.
Elya considers the situation as she walks downstairs.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:33 PM
Shea follows Elya with his mind.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:36 PM
Elya opens the door to the practice room he is in and looks at his body. She absently checks his pulse and other vital signs.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:37 PM
Shea's body seems to be fine his mind floats over them.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:38 PM
Have you tried just reentering your body?

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:40 PM
Like this? He floats down through his body and through the floor he pops up again still out of his body.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:41 PM
Hmm... search for yourself with your mind.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:44 PM
Shea does so. There is something... a cord?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:45 PM
Elya smiles.
Yes. Follow it.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:47 PM
Shea does so and he blinks as his mind goes back inside his body. Oh, I see. Thank you Elya.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:49 PM
Elya puts a hand on his shoulder.
Do be careful, Shea.

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:51 PM
Ok, sorry. He seems slightly embarrassed.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:55 PM
Elya smiles at him and ruffles his hair.
((be back later))

McBish
2007-01-04, 04:55 PM
Shea smiles back.

Fen3
2007-01-04, 05:12 PM
After much delay due to a plot that just didn't work out well, Krystal finally walks into the psionics guild and looks around.

So this is Earin's new place. Though not so new anymore.

Oh well, better late than never.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 05:25 PM
Elya goes back upstairs and waves to Krystal.
Hello!

McBish
2007-01-04, 05:26 PM
Shea follows her upstairs and starts looking at books.

Fen3
2007-01-04, 06:02 PM
Krystal smiles and waves back

Hi there, Elya. Haven't seen you in a while. How's the guild coming along?

Krystal grins

You guys let anyone who uses psychic energy in, or just psioniscists?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:04 PM
Anyone with psionic power. I'm wondering why Ilias hasn't joined, actually.
Elya smiles and goes to the counter.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:08 PM
Thriss walks in. He seems happy to see Elya is alright, though it's hard to tell. Hellos, Elya. Is good now?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:09 PM
I am, thank you.
Elya smiles at Thriss.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 06:10 PM
Anyone with psionic power. I'm wondering why Ilias hasn't joined, actually.
Elya smiles and goes to the counter.

((Hmm... sometimes I wonder about that too... maybe he should :)))

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:11 PM
I come earlier. Is not good then, and I can't help. I goes somewhere else, drink lots of alcohol. But back now. Good to see you feel better. Thriss would smile if he could.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:13 PM
Elya smiles at Thriss.
So you wanted psionic training, wasn't it?
She hands a small piece of paper to Krystal that explains the guild.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:15 PM
Thriss nods. I remembers you says earlier I could be good at it. I wants to try and see.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:17 PM
Is there any specific type of psionics you would like to train?
Elya revises her question.
What do you want to do with psionics?

Fen3
2007-01-04, 06:17 PM
Krystal reads over the paper thoughtfully

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:19 PM
The paper explains that the guild is meant to promote awareness of psionics, further train and hone the skill of psions in the guild. It is also meant to provide services for the good of the community.

Fen3
2007-01-04, 06:20 PM
Krystal nods approvingly

Looks good, and substantially less annoying than being a priest. I'd like to join.

(( And I have to run for about 20 minutes ))

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:20 PM
Thriss thinks for a moment. I fight. Is what I do. Want something make me better at it.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:24 PM
Ok then. I'll sign you up, Krystal.
Elya hands over a guild badge.
Earin and I are planning a quite large guild task that will be coming up soon. We'll show people what psionics can do.
She smiles to herself, then looks to Thriss.
I could teach you some of that, but I believe that once you know how to control your psionics it would be best to learn from my husband or Iria.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:31 PM
Still, learn control first. When I start? Thriss is quite eager to begin. He likes anything that makes him better at fighting.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:35 PM
We could try now, I guess.
Elya looks at Krystal.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:35 PM
Ok. You tell I what I need know, then we start.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:42 PM
Lets go down to one of the practice rooms. I'll talk to you later, Krystal.
Elya waves goodbye and leads the way downstairs.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:45 PM
Thriss follows.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:47 PM
Elya opens the door to a room and goes inside, then sits down on mat.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:48 PM
Thriss also goes inside and, asuming there is more than one mat, he sits on one of the others.

Fen3
2007-01-04, 06:49 PM
Krystal smiles and takes the badge

Thanks, Elya.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:54 PM
((Should be two mats))
Elya lets out a breath slowly, reaching out for her psionics as she considers how to do this.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:56 PM
Thriss wonders exactly how this is going to work and decides to wait and see.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 06:58 PM
Elya slowly decides, then forges a two-way telepathic link with Thriss.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 06:59 PM
Hmm. This very odd.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:02 PM
((Note that they are not technically using language, so Thriss probably wouldn't have his translation problems))
It will help you understand what you are trying to do.
Elya tries to draw his attention to his psionic energies.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:05 PM
((Ok))
I suppose that's always good. The Psionic energies catch his attention. So that's what you found that one time. I wonder why I never noticed...

Fen3
2007-01-04, 07:05 PM
Krystal wanders out

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:07 PM
Sometimes they simply remain latent until a situation like this occurs.
Elya now turns her attention from his psionics and back to her own.
I want you to try and mimic this.
Elya does not manifest anything, but simply calls on her psionic power so that it is ready to be used.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:14 PM
Seems easy enough... Thriss turns his attention to his own Psionic potential. So like this? He pulls the psionics forward, but they don't stay there long before going back to where they were. Hey! Where did they go?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:16 PM
You have to maintain your hold on your power, and even then you can only hold it for a limited amount of time.
[hr]
Earin appears upstairs behind the counter, brushing his hair to its normal state, and adjusting his cloak.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:23 PM
Oh. I guess I shouldn't have let go... Thriss tries again, and this time it stays where he wants it.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:24 PM
Good, Thriss. Now show me that you can do it consistently, and we'll see about actually doing something with it.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:25 PM
How do you mean? Thriss turns his attention to Elya, and the power tries to go back again. He catches it in time though and makes it stay put.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:26 PM
Let your power go back to how it normally is, then prepare it to be used again. Do this a few times.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:30 PM
Okay.. Thriss lets go again, and doesn't try to catch it. Once it's back in place he pulls it forward again. It takes a few tries before he can get it consistently. Sometimes it just doesn't want to go anywhere. He eventually does get it though.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:32 PM
Good, Thriss. You really do have a knack for this. Now lets find out what you can do with it...
Elya uses Psychic Reformation to search through Thriss's abilities so she can find what psionic powers he has.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:40 PM
((Well, let's see...))
Elya finds Mind Thrust, Force Screen, and Inertial Armour.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 07:41 PM
Ilias walks in and looks around Still in one piece I see. he grins.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:42 PM
Elya considers each one, then decides to go with Inertial Armor, since she knew a bit about it.
Ok Thriss, I want you to try and do this-
She manifests Inertial Armor.

Earin grins at Ilias.
"We've tried."

Deadly
2007-01-04, 07:45 PM
Ilias smiles Sorry for not showing up here more, I've been a bit distracted. How is it going?

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:46 PM
Ok, let's try that. Thriss looks around in his mind and finds that he knows what to do. He doesn't know how he knows, but there it is. Doesn't mean he gets it to work on the first try though. Should I try again?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:48 PM
"Its been hell, but now that Elya is back to normal, things are looking up."

Elya nods to Thriss.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 07:51 PM
What's that with Elya? Something wrong?

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:52 PM
Allright... Thriss tries again, and almost gets it. The third time he suceeds.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 07:57 PM
"She... well, she went on vacation, got kidnapped, tortured, then affected by incarnum in a way that made her only experience despair."

Elya smiles.
Good. Try again, if you have the strength left.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 07:58 PM
I think I do. Would I have to make this one go away first though?

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:00 PM
Ilias winces and looks sad I'm sorry to hear that. But she's doing fine now?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:01 PM
Earin nods.
"We found a way to disperse it."

No, actually, but when you manifest it again it will simply overlap the first and renew it.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:03 PM
Ilias smiles a bit That's good. Would have been terrible otherwise.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 08:05 PM
Ok. That makes sense. Thriss tries to manifest it again, and it works again. I must be doing something right. Thriss seems pleased with his progress so far.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:07 PM
Earin nods.
"Something you wanted, or just came to see friends?"

Elya smiles and nods.
I think that will be enough for now.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:14 PM
I just came to say hi, really. he looks around thoughtfully Although I was wondering if I could join. If I qualify, that is. he grins.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 08:15 PM
Allright. Thriss stands up. Should I stay here, or should I stay somewhere else?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:17 PM
"I've seen you fight. I know you do."
Earin hands Ilias a sheet that explains the guild, while he gets out a badge.

We do have rooms here if you need them.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 08:20 PM
I thinks I stay here. Have place on ship, but take shore leave. They call if I needed.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:23 PM
Ilias reads the sheet carefully Sounds good.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:25 PM
Okay then, Thriss.
Elya stands up and goes up the stairs, going to the second floor.

Earin hands him a badge.
"There you are then."

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:27 PM
Ilias takes the badge and attaches it to his shirt. Ooh, I feel all official now. Thanks. he grins.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:34 PM
Earin grins back.
"No problem, Ilias. We've already got something in the works for a guild activity, so expect me to contact you sometime soon."

Thriss
2007-01-04, 08:35 PM
Thriss follows Elya to the second floor and looks around for the aforementioned rooms.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:36 PM
Elya leads him to an unoccupied room and opens the door, then holds out a key.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:36 PM
Ilias smiles Sounds like fun, I look forward to hearing what it's about.

Thriss
2007-01-04, 08:38 PM
Thriss takes the key and goes inside. Thanks you.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:41 PM
"Well, we're going to create a haven from the town's insanity. You'll see."
Elya nods and smiles, then goes downstairs to Ilias and Earin.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:43 PM
A haven? That's hard to believe in this place, but would be welcome indeed.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:46 PM
"We can do it. Can't we dear?"
Elya looks like she wants to say something, but she nods and smiles.
Of course.
She hugs Earin.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:47 PM
Ilias smiles and nods I will be glad to help make it reality.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:49 PM
"It will be something. Something that spellcaster sure couldn't do."
Elya nods in agreement.
I can't deny that.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:51 PM
Ilias grins Now you have my interrest. Sure you can't tell me now? I won't tell anyone.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:54 PM
"You've heard of the Genesis spell, right? There is an equivalent psionic power."
Elya grins and picks up the idea.
Now normally planes take a long time to create. Years, to get one of decent size. However, Earin had an idea of how to make it go extremely fast.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 08:55 PM
Ilias nods Which would require quite a lot of power, surely.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 08:57 PM
Of course. Power that a single caster or manifester could not provide. However, unlike spellcasters, manifesters can join their power together.
Elya smiles.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 09:00 PM
I see. But how do you intend to keep it a haven? If I know this place well enough, the chaos will just spill on into your new plane. Actually I'm surprised the entire multiverse haven't been infected with the madness yet.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 09:00 PM
We've not entirely figured that part out, but creating a separate plane is the first step.

Deadly
2007-01-04, 09:02 PM
Ilias smiles Well, I'm sure you'll figure out something. It will be something to experience, that's for certain.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 09:04 PM
Earin nods.
"I've got some ideas for the plane, and how to keep it nice."

Deadly
2007-01-04, 09:07 PM
Ilias nods I look forward to helping in any way I can. he says and stretches a bit But I think it's time for me to get going. Take care, both of you. he says before leaving.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 09:12 PM
Earin waves, and Elya turns towards him, giving him an almost worried look.
"What?"
Regiji told me... that he had seen a man in crimson armor.
Earin looks away.
Earin... please.
"He was telling the truth."
Oh Earin.
Elya sits down, looking lost. Earin sits down next to her and hugs her.
"Its going to be okay, I promise."
I thought this was over. How do you know? Can you really promise me that it will all be alright?
Earin saddens.
"Elya..."
It just scares me, Earin.
She hugs him tightly, and he slowly responds.
"Lets just get some sleep."
Elya nods, and they go upstairs.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 09:24 PM
Will the mysterious man in red have his plans foiled before it's too late? Will Earin be able to protect his wife? Will Shea manage to find a practical use for jumping out of his body? Will Thriss ever gain a proper grasp of the use of plurals?

Find out, next episode!

Same Town time!

Same Town channel!

*Cue credits and Town theme music*

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 09:25 PM
See a sneak preview-
Right after this commercial!
*cue commercial with Regiji advertising grapefruit*

McBish
2007-01-05, 12:40 AM
Shea stops looking at books he doensn't understand and goes upstairs to bed.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-05, 01:29 AM
Cid and Benny enter the shop. Cid looks around for a few seconds to get his bearings, then heads over to the display case and starts looking at the wares, while Benny goes over to the book shelves and attempts to look at books. ((What people in the shop see is a well dressed mindflayer with a purple gelatinous cube behind him enter the shop.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 01:33 AM
Grothok, the Feral Half-dragon Water Orc with Ogre bloodline and Aberration lineage, looks on unconcernedly, waggling his tentacles oddly.

2007-01-05, 01:50 AM
after a few minutes of looking at the goods in the case, Cid walks over to Grothok, and says Hello there, I'm Cid, and that pile of Gelatin over there is my friend Benny." to which Benny replies telepathically "What, am I just a pile of gelatinous goo to you now?" Cid says out loud "You know I didn't mean it that way Benny." Cid turns back to Grothok and continues "Having an intelligent gelatinous cube going around with you sure does make things interesting. Anywho, We just arrived in town earlier today. We were out looking at the lay of the land here in town when I happened upon your shop, and thought I'd stop in and see what it was all about."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 01:55 AM
Grothok waves his tentacles excitedly.
Goldshadows sell psionic stuff. Grothok know where it all is. Grothok know that they run a guild too.

2007-01-05, 02:44 AM
Cid replies "A guild, very interesting. Is there someone here I can talk to and obtain more information about it?"

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:47 AM
Grothok think Earin-
"Grothok thinks correctly. What is it you need?"
Earin had apparently come down the stairs and had been watching everyone for a bit. How he did this without making a noise or movement is an interesting question. He is leaning calmly against the wall near the staircase.

2007-01-05, 02:54 AM
"Hello Earin, I'm Cid, and that over there is Benny. WE just arrived in town a while ago and happened upon your shop while walking around. Grothok mentioned something about a psionics guild and would like some more information."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:57 AM
"We do have a small psionics guild based here. Our goals are to promote psionics within the town, train and further our own psionics, and provide general help to the community with our talents. The guild has a small fee each month, but its nothing that a person with any sort of job can't handle."

2007-01-05, 03:06 AM
"Well now, I would definitely be interested joining this guild. We've done enough adventuring lately, I think it's probably time to stay in one place for a while. That, and I bet your guild would love to have an intelligent gelatinous cube that can communicate telepathically, quite well too. Talking not so much at the moment, but we're working on that. Also, seeing as we just arrived here this afternoon, what would you suggest we do/see in town now that we're going to stay. We currently have a room at Trog's."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:12 AM
"Well as long as you can two remain civilized around here, we'd be glad to have you. No offense to either of you, but both of your kind do tend to be a bit more... predatory.
"I may be biased, as a Knight Defender, but the Temple of Inari is always a pleasant place to visit. Trog's Tavern is a must, everyone goes there. Other than that? Just follow your eyes. There are plenty of interesting things around here."
Earin shrugs.

2007-01-05, 03:20 AM
Remaining civilized for us shouldn't be a problem, although if you could recommend a place I could get a brain to suck out every now and then, I would appreciate it. I'm assuming the town authorities wouldn't care too much for me to go around sucking the brains out of people. But, youi live with what you can get I guess. As for Benny, he pretty much goes with the flow of things, so he shouldn't cause a stir. At any rate, I will join the guild, if you would be kind enough to send the details to Trog's for me to look over, it would be much appreciated, I'm staying in room number 13. I think it's time to go explore the town a little bit more. It was nice meeting you, and I will be in touch with you soon."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:23 AM
Earin nods and fades away.

2007-01-05, 03:25 AM
Cid nods to Grothok, turns around and leaves the shop with Benny right behind.

McBish
2007-01-05, 12:02 PM
Shea wakes up and heads downstairs.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 12:42 PM
Krystal walks in and starts looking through the books to see if she can find anything interesting.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 01:45 PM
Regiji pokes his head into the shop.

"Morning Grothok. Is Earin back yet?"

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:01 PM
Grothok nods.
He here.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:03 PM
"Ah, that's wonderful," Regiji is attempting to be pleasant. The walking pile of templates and lineages still gives him the creeps. "So could you... well... tell me where he is?"

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:06 PM
Upstairs-
"Downstairs."
Grothok not like it how that happen all the time.
"Sorry."
Earin is leaning against the wall yet again.
"Hey, Regiji."

Dark Saiyans
2007-01-05, 02:14 PM
Remy walks down the stairs, a paper held tightly in his hands. He takes a seat in a chair and studies the paper.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:18 PM
Regiji nods to Earin and approaches.

"Good to see you're back," he says with his usual grin. "Just checking in on a friend. And..."

He looks back and forth in a conspiratorial way.

"Did you get any... messages from Destro recently?"

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:21 PM
Earin nods, looking a bit confused.
"Yes I did, well, not too recently. Why?"

Dark Saiyans
2007-01-05, 02:23 PM
I should ask if Elya's ok...no...you promised her you'd try to get some of these answers yourself. You've don't have any Remy...you can't burden her...

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:26 PM
"Oh... er... I had just paid him a visit the other day. His plans regarding what to do about a certain flying fortress are coming together pretty well. I just wanted to make sure you're in on them before I go blabbing off something I shouldn't like I normally do."

He thinks for a moment.

"Has Elya gotten a chance to use the little information gathering construct I left for you guys? I remember you saying that you thought she would like it."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:28 PM
"I think I know what you're talking about, Regiji, but I really haven't spoken to Destro about it much."
Earin shrugs.
"Oh, I'm not sure, actually. She might have..."

Dark Saiyans
2007-01-05, 02:28 PM
Remy sighs and puts the paper away, before he heads downstairs.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 02:32 PM
Krystal sighs at the books, not finding anything helpful for her.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:36 PM
"I see. You should probably try to get in contact with him pretty soon. I have the feeling that his plan is going to be ready to go in the near future."

He considers the response regarding the probe.

"That isn't too surprising I guess. I would imagine that Elya has had quite a bit to catch up on since her return... And by the way, how's the whole demi-plane plan coming along? Have you gotten enough guild members to get it started yet?"

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:38 PM
"Oh we've got enough members, we just need to get them all together."

Dark Saiyans
2007-01-05, 02:40 PM
Remy enters a practice room and begins to practice, pushing himself up to his limits and beyond. Being only a mortal now, he can't handle too much more, and pushes himself too far. He passes out.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:44 PM
"So, have you figured out a way to keep the chaos from the Town from spilling over into it? They only thing I can really think of would be to somehow ward the whole place against violence of any kind. That would certainly help keep things to a minimum."

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:48 PM
"We'll figure something out, I'm sure."

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 02:55 PM
Regiji nods.

"Ok then. I'll let you get back to your... umm... whatever it was you were doing before I showed up to bother you," he says with a grin. "And tell Elya that I didn't take anything she said the other day personally. I understand that our cultures are just a little different."

He doesn't have any malice in his voice at all. For that matter, he doesn't even sound upset about whatever had been said. Just his normal, upbeat tone.

"I'll be over at Trog's in case you need to contact me," he turns to head out the door.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 02:59 PM
Earin waves goodbye and goes back upstairs.

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:25 PM
Ilias walks in and looks around.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:28 PM
Grothok waves to Ilias.

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:30 PM
Ilias smiles and walks over to Grothok Hi. Is Earin or Elya here?

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:30 PM
They here.

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:32 PM
He nods Do you think one of them has time? I would like to talk with them about something.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:37 PM
Grothok get them.
Grothok goes up the stairs.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 03:39 PM
Krystal waves to Ilias

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:39 PM
Thank you. he says and waits, waving back to Krystal Hi.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:41 PM
Grothok comes back downstairs, Elya behind him. She waves to Ilias and Krystal.
Hello!

Fen3
2007-01-05, 03:44 PM
Krystal waves to Elya

Hi, Elya

She turns back to the books again

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:46 PM
Ilias smiles at Elya Hi, it's good to see you. I wanted to talk to you, it's about Ruby. I don't know how much you've heard of this, but I guess you know of her problems.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:48 PM
Not much, actually. What is it?

Deadly
2007-01-05, 03:55 PM
Ilias sighs Well, in short, she have some serious troubles controlling her powers. I think she have an enormeous psionic potential, but whenever her emotions get out of control, her powers do as well. Unfortunatly she's very emotional, never really at rest. It's... well, it's already cost her her life once. I thought perhaps you could help her gain some control.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 03:57 PM
I'd certainly be willing to try, Ilias.
Elya smiles at him.

Deadly
2007-01-05, 04:00 PM
Ilias smiles I'm glad to hear that. If you can help her in any way it would be great, I don't want to think what might happen if nothing is done. he thinks I'll talk to her about it and take her by sometime soon.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:04 PM
Elya nods.
Please do. We'd be happy to have her here.

Deadly
2007-01-05, 04:06 PM
Ilias nods I think that was all... he looks thoughtful Yes, I better get going. Thank you again, and say hi to Earin for me. he smiles, waves to Krystal and Grothok before disappearing in a gust of wind.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:07 PM
Elya goes and sits near Krystal.
Find anything?

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:12 PM
Krystal scowls at the description of the "Body Fuel" feat.

How can a non-psion get a decent number of power points...

She looks up at Elya

Eh... frustration, mostly.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:15 PM
You could always use psionic items.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:20 PM
Krystal looks thoughtful

Now there's a thought. Is there something that I could dump my unused points into to save up for later, like the gems I used to use for lifeforce?

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:21 PM
Elya frowns.
Yes, but they are very expensive and not worth the time. You know about rings of wizardry, right?
She heads off through the shelves, raising her voice so she can still talk to Krystal.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:28 PM
Krystal nods

Of course. Haven't bothered with one in ages, but I still have a couple kicking around.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:29 PM
Well, there are psionic versions of them too. They are very expensive, but quite worth it.
Elya comes back over with a box.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:31 PM
Krystal looks over with attentive curiousity

Ah. How do they work?

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:34 PM
It just adds to the reserve of power you generate every day. I wear one, they're quite nice.
Elya opens the box, revealing a fair number of rings inside.

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:37 PM
Krystal nods appreciatively

That's just the thing. Comparing what I can do to what I see in your books, right now I can only use about half of what a psion of my level could draw.

(( Precisely half is the way I'm writing it up, actually. ))

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 04:41 PM
Elya nods.
I think we have some Ioun stones that do the same thing.
Elya sits down and begins to show Krystal the rings, and Grothok brings over the Ioun stones.
((Ugh. I am going to leave and see if I can not feel terrible. Later))

Fen3
2007-01-05, 04:42 PM
(( No trouble. Since Exy is out too, I'll just leave Krystal here for a while ))

Kyrian
2007-01-05, 05:42 PM
Remy lays passed out in the practice room.

AmberVael
2007-01-05, 08:37 PM
Elya finally finishes going over the virtues and costs of each ring.

Fenric
2007-01-05, 11:58 PM
Krystal nods and considers carefully. Then she looks up

Um... I don't have a lot of cash, but I still have these...

Krystal puls out her necklace, which is down to 9 gems - each worth precisely 10,000 gp and all still glowing with stored life-energy.

Kyrian
2007-01-06, 12:02 AM
Remy continues to lay passed out in the practice room.

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:03 AM
Elya looks them over, then nods and selects one of the more powerful rings.
I think this is a fair trade.

Fenric
2007-01-06, 12:05 AM
Krystal nods

Looks good to me. Exy will be just as glad for me to never use these again anyway.

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:09 AM
Elya smiles.
Ok then.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:11 AM
Shea wanders around the shop some more then decides to go and practice using his powers he goes downstairs and into a practice room, it just happens to be the one Remy is in. He rushes over to see if he is all right.

Fenric
2007-01-06, 12:19 AM
Krystal detaches a glowing gem and hands it to Elya, then takes her new ring.

Nice. Thanks, Elya.

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:21 AM
You're welcome, Krystal. I hope it serves you well.

Kyrian
2007-01-06, 12:22 AM
Remy's still passed out. He looks to be ok, except for the unconscious part.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:22 AM
Shea gently probes his mind to double check to make sure he is ok.

Kyrian
2007-01-06, 12:23 AM
Images and thoughts of Vivian flutter round and round Remy's mind.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:26 AM
Shea sighs. And thinks he should probably move Remy to a bed. He probably can't lift him up the stairs and he doesn't want to use his telekenisis because he would probably just throw Remy into a wall or something. He thinks to Elya, Elya Remy is down here on the floor.

Kyrian
2007-01-06, 12:27 AM
((*Laughs at the thought of Shea telekenisis-ing Remy into a wall*))

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:28 AM
Elya looks up, then glances over to Grothok.
Can you go get Remy?
The... thing... nods and goes downstairs to the practice room.

Fenric
2007-01-06, 12:30 AM
Krystal nods

Oh, I'm sure it will, Elya. My spells aren't quite as efficient as real psionic powers as far as using the points go.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:32 AM
Shea looks up at Gorthok, I think we should put him in a bed.

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:34 AM
Grothok nods and unceremoniously tosses Remy over his shoulder and proceeds upstairs.

Elya smiles and nods.
Anything else we can do?

Kyrian
2007-01-06, 12:36 AM
((Why did I just see Remy's life flash before my eyes? Oh...it's because there's a....thing...tossing him around))

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:36 AM
Shea follows him up. ((Better than Shea tossing him around.))

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:39 AM
Grothok gets to Remy's room and looks down at the door handle. He lets out an impressive sigh and looks to Shea.
Grothok have problems with tiny handles. He tends to crunch them.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:40 AM
Shea goes and opens the door. No problem.

Fenric
2007-01-06, 12:42 AM
Krystal shakes her head

I don't really use the energy the same way psions do. It's like I was telling Exy... it becomes more of a fourth component to spellcasting. Verbal, Somatic, Material... add Psychic to the mixture.

(( As I wrote it up, it ended up being a feat rather than a prestige class. ))

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:44 AM
((Psi-spells actually exist, you know, and they are a line of feats))
We could get you some more formal training, if you want.

Fenric
2007-01-06, 12:46 AM
(( No, I didn't know. Not terribly surprising, but not in books I own or links I have followed. They started in the Dark Sun world in 2nd edition. ))

Krystal nods

That would be good. Re-inventing things someone else already put the work into gets tedious.

AmberVael
2007-01-06, 12:57 AM
Elya smiles.
Well, come by whenever you'd like, and we'll see what I can teach you.
Grothok belatedly goes into the room and dumps Remy on the bed, then goes back downstairs.

McBish
2007-01-06, 12:58 AM
Shea frowns at Gorthok's back and throws a blanket over Remy and then goes downstairs.