PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic School Focus Question

jguy
2013-10-24, 07:57 AM
Can I use all of the 3/day metamagic reducer of Metamagic School Focus (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-mage--58/metamagic-school-focus--1931/) on one spell? Like I can use it to make a spell Maximized for free once per day?

jguy
2013-10-24, 11:01 AM
Any help guys? I got a build in mind and if this works then it will save a lot of space and hassle for it to work.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-24, 12:21 PM
The reduction is from the same source and won't stack unless it specifies that it stacks expressly. This ability does not, so it will not.

Rijan_Sai
2013-10-24, 12:48 PM
The reduction is from the same source and won't stack unless it specifies that it stacks expressly. This ability does not, so it will not.

This.

That said, ask your DM. If you want to use all of your per-day used in one shot, (mini-nova,) it shouldn't be too much of a problem, as it's not really all that game-breaking.

As a DM, I would allow it, but I have no control over your table.

KillianHawkeye
2013-10-24, 01:07 PM
Just take Sudden Maximize instead if that's what you're after.

jguy
2013-10-24, 06:56 PM
It is for Persist Spell.

KillianHawkeye
2013-10-24, 08:13 PM
It is for Persist Spell.

Then why did you say Maximize earlier? :smallconfused:

ArcturusV
2013-10-24, 08:34 PM
Side note: That's the sort of thing that makes most DMs I know ticked and likely to say no to anything you propose, when you ask about some question that's only tangentially related to what you really want in order to get some blanket justification (surprising how many players do that, but they do, and thus ruin things for other people with more reasonable requests). So if you want it for free Persistence, ask your DM about using it for that purpose. If you ask about something like Maximize hoping your DM will say "... eh... what's he gonna do with it, Max out a Fireball? Pssh. I don't sweat that" and try to apply that answer as a universal truth?

Well, I've seen players get punched in the arm for that before.