PDA

View Full Version : Best non-Outsider Polymorph

Ace Nex
2013-10-25, 06:42 PM
Title says it, what are you favorite non-outsider polymorphs? Also, what's the best humanlike form that can use items, like a giant or something?

Talya
2013-10-25, 06:43 PM
Title says it, what are you favorite non-outsider polymorphs? Also, what's the best humanlike form that can use items, like a giant or something?

For what purpose? Using what method of polymorph?

Ace Nex
2013-10-25, 06:45 PM
For curiosities sake and also one of my characters gets polymorph now and I don't know what would be the best. I looked at the complete polymorph thread and I saw some good options but nothing that stood out particularly. I'm in 2 campaigns and one char is 21st level chaster, the other is 8th, so I have a lot of options to play with.

Talya
2013-10-25, 06:50 PM
For curiosities sake and also one of my characters gets polymorph now and I don't know what would be the best. I looked at the complete polymorph thread and I saw some good options but nothing that stood out particularly. I'm in 2 campaigns and one char is 21st level chaster, the other is 8th, so I have a lot of options to play with.

This might help:
http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1096231

molten_dragon
2013-10-25, 07:48 PM
There isn't really a 'best' polymorph form. It all depends on what you want to do while polymorphed.

Melee combat for example, if you still want to be able to use armor and weapons, the various kinds of trolls in MM3 tend to be the best, with extremely high STR scores for their hit dice, nice natural armors, and a variety of very useful EX special attacks.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-10-25, 08:08 PM
For beatsticks, War Troll is the usual go to. For casters I think Spellweaver (+ a way to get Special qualities) is pretty neat, for Shapechange there is Zodar (Wish abuse) and Chronotyrm (make the action economy cry without Celerity!).

Story
2013-10-25, 08:37 PM
So far the only one I've used is the Thoqqua, useful for tunneling places. Though it does require elemental type so you'll need to cast it on your familiar or summon.