PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4e] A Dwarven Tale (Players Wanted)

Drakeburn
2013-10-25, 06:56 PM
Many tales are told of the dwarves, from kings and mighty champions, to the falls of mighty kingdoms, along with its treasures.

But what if the tales are true? What if there is an ancient dwarven kingdom, abandoned and forgotten for so many years?

What if the call to discover such a kingdom is sent out to a bunch of dwarves? Will this kingdom be reclaimed for the dwarves? Only time will tell if such an event will happen.................

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Homebrewed campaign setting of course.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4 to 6 players, and I'll be taking alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

The OOTS forums of course.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 2

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

360 gp, one Lvl 1 magic item, one Lvl 2 magic item, and one Lvl 3 magic item.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

I'm fine with any of the official classes (barbarians, bards, avengers, clerics, etc) as long as you put in the details. No homebrewed classes.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

This is a dwarves only campaign.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Either 22-Point buy or roll for your stats (4d6 best of 3). I'll allow one re-roll per player, if they're unhappy with their results.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

No evil characters please.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

No multi-classing (feats or classes), to save us from getting headaches.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Rolls will be posted in the thread, in spoilers.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Nope.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

I plan for having a combination of the 3, but expect to experience a bit more puzzle solving and hack & slash than role-playing.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

All D&D 4e content is welcome as you as your provide the details in the character sheets to make my job as a Dungeon Master easier, and so that the campaign can run a bit faster.

Edit: Ok, this is embarrassing. I actually meant to post a thread to list for character backgrounds, and to make this thread in the recruitment forums. Somehow I think I got things a bit mixed up. :smallredface:

Can someone please move this thread?

Ashdate
2013-10-25, 07:09 PM
Not that I'd be joining this game, but for point 11 do you mean no taking multiclass feats, or no hybrid classes? The former is easy and not complicated. The later can be a nightmare, and I was wondering if that was what you meant.