PDA

View Full Version : The Great Isles (PTA)

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-25, 08:41 PM
It's another day in Cactan, the sun shining, the sea calm, the various pokemon making their way around the area, and the great mountains in the distance. Early in the morning, the local Dodrio blares out the customary loud annoying noise to signal the start of the day.

Winger & Raymond

You have been staying in the "Old Salts Wreck" a home for those who have made their way to these shores but have no where else to go. Your beds are fine, and the food is enough to keep you alive, but today was the last free day. You have been directed to the "task board", where they keep odd jobs for trainers, and those who don't have a full time job in town. It's located right outside "The Capone's Sea-side Pub and Grill".

Luke

You wake up to Wade poking you, eager for you to start earning money. Sure, he likes the chicks you hang with, but bro? There's this surfboard that's to kill for. You have set your sights on the league, and so don't have a job yet. The "task board" has been your biggest source of income for a bit, but maybe it's time to take harder jobs? Maybe see if The Capone has something for you to do?

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 12:19 AM
Luke

Waking up slowly, Luke lifts Wade of his head. "C'mon Wade give me a minute, it's still kinda earl~OOF!" Inturrupted by a jet of water into his face causing him to drop the floating Squirtle back onto his stomach.

"Okay, Okay, I'm up buddy... guess I don't need a shower now though." Getting up, Luke quickly get's dressed and inspects his wallet. Looks like I'm a little dry, gonna have to see if anyone needs help around town, taking a deep breath Luke double checks his hair is sitting nicely before running out to inspect the task board for something a little more challenging than just watering the plants. *whistle* "Come on Wade we're going!" And as the blue turtle runs outside and jumps onto Luke's back, Luke locks the door and heads off to see what there is to do today.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 12:38 AM
Luke

Checking the "task board" you see three jobs that both pay well, and shouldn't get you killed.

Client; The Capone. Task; Retrive three cases of "Golden Dream" cactus apples. Reward; $2,000.

Client; Ivan Guardson. Task; Deal with the spinerak at Old Mcdono's farm. Reward; $1,500 and 2 potions.

Client; Ted the Smith. Task; Find the missing crates of seasteel and deliver it to the forge. Reward; $2,000.

The farm is just north out of town, no more then a hours walk, but you would have to talk to the others for where to go.

Along with the more Well paying jobs, there are about five regulars that pay much less, but are quite a bit safer.

Client; Farmer Ted. Task; Mucking out the Pontya and Bouffoluant Stalls. Reward; $150.

Client; Professor Palm. Task; Assist with the Lab inventory and delivery. Reward; $100.

Client; Gus Desertson. Task; Unload the medical supplies arriving at noon. Reward; $50, 1 potion and 1 enriched water.

Client; Farmer Ted. Task; Help bring in the harvest. Reward; $100.

Client; Salter Fin. Task; Clean and salt the fish for market. Reward; $100.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 05:41 AM
Raymond
Raymond groans and closes his eyes as sun floods into his room from the curtains. Ah good ol' Cactan. Com'on Odien. Kind of pointlessly to the Totodile lodged onto his forearm. Making the bed and tidying the room before he leaves, Raymond will head towards the task board, awfully aware of how close he is to sleeping outside for a few nights.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 02:32 PM
Raymond
Raymond will ask the local's for directions to old Mcdono's farm. If he gets directions he will head there. If not he will go help clean and salt the fish.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 02:37 PM
Raymond

Old Mcdono's farm is along the dirt path north, between "The Capone's" and "Bloody Mary's". Just keep going straight, till you get to the red fence on yer right. If you see a sign at a crosroad, you've gone too far.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 02:40 PM
Raymond
Raymond will thank the person who offered the directions and will head to the farm, pausing to see if he can find a largish stick to defend himself with should he be overwhelmed by pokemon.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 02:50 PM
Raymond

An hour later, you arrive at the farm. On the walk, you noticed a large stick, more of a broken off peice of mast really, and now can feel much safer in your abillity to pummel any pokemon that tries to overwhelm you.

There is a bit of webbing on the fence, and you can hear a steam of profanity coming from the farm. There are a few scared looking animals running around, seeming to have gotten loose from their pen.

The coming into sight is a old man. 70 years old if a day, he is a tough old man who has been farming all his life. Seeing you, he barks out a terse greeting.

"So yer here bout my spider problem? Bout bleedin time. Damn Spinnerack have been gettin at me animals, tried to git me once er twice. I fought 'em off, but I can't deal with their nest. Too many of the damn things. Nest is in the back wood lot, just take the path by the pig pen, and keep the chicken coop on yer right. Besides, not like ya can miss all the damn webs..."

Big Stick; Normal Damage, 5 AC, 1d6+1+Str Mod damage.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 03:04 PM
Raymond
"Do you know how many there are? I'd rather not jump into a situation where I'd be badly injured... Or at least not badly poisoned."

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 04:13 PM
Luke

"So which one you wanna do buddy, ready to show the world what the strong Wave can do?" looking thoughtfully at the task board, Luke decides to go and see the smith, to find out where the crates of seasteel might be and how heavy they are, making sure he's not getting in over his head. "C'mon Wave, let's go check out the seasteel crates." The squirtle hops back onto his trainers back for the journey to the smith.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 04:31 PM
Raymond
And seeing that the old man probably doesn't know, Raymond will thank the old man for the information and head around the back, looking worried at the webs accumulated and actively watching out for Spinarak and keeping Odien by his side.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 04:55 PM
Raymond

"Probably no more then six. Still, I'd keep a sharp eye out. Never know how many of the damn things there are."

You head off into the wood lot, and soon, it becomes dark from the trees overhead. Somehow, there are patches of mist and fog, mingling with the webbing above and to the sides of the path.

WIS Check

DC 10+
The bust to your right just rustled.
DC 13+
Whatever it was, it's small.
DC 16+
There is a hidden web going across the path in ten meters.
DC 22
It's a Spinnerack.

Luke

You head to the smiths forge, where there is a clambering of metal on metal even this early in the morning. A bright red glow provides the backdrop for the Smith, a massive man that could be mistaken for a Machoke. At the moment, he is absorbed in making a blade, and did not notice you come in.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 05:03 PM
Raymond
[roll0]
Raymond will tell Odien to get ready and knock the bust over with his large stick.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 05:11 PM
Bush, not Bust, my bad.

Raymond

As you go over to smack the bush, a Spinarak jumps out!

Turn Order;

You
Odien- SPD
Spinarark- SPD 3

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 05:33 PM
Odien's Speed is 8 by the way.
Raymond
"Odien, Scratch!"
[roll0] vs AC 2.
[roll1] Normal damage

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 05:44 PM
Raymond

The Spinarark chitters, a pair of it's legs torn off by Odien's claw. But it lunges, desperate, slick with venom.

And it hits, but the Tortodiles scaly hide blocks most of it. 3 Damage.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 05:52 PM
Also I forgot to add in Odien's ATK so that would have +6 to the damage.
Raymond
Ok, thats good Odien, keep at it!
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 05:58 PM
Raymond

It's screams of pain are suddenly silenced, as Odien drives one of his claws right through it's head, splattering bug brains all over him. You have killed one of the spinarark guarding the nest, but there will be others...

Odien gets 10 EXP

Wis Check

DC 16+ There is a hidden web across the path ten meters down.
WIS 22+ You are sure that if any of the spiders where close, they would have heard the death cry.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 06:03 PM
Raymond
(Another perception if needed)
[roll0]
Raymond HP:52/52
Odien HP: 20/23 Def: 7 Spd: 8
Raymond will continue to knock down webs with his stick, keeping Odien close.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 06:10 PM
Luke

Deciding the best course of action would be to wait a minute or two until the smith had finished with whatever step he was on in the process of creating a blade, Luke waits as Wade hops down off of his back and looks around the forge, Luke giving telepathic commands not to touch anything, and begins admiring the items around the shop, particularly a few of the blades.

(Luke coughs when the smith is finished whatever step he's in should the smith not notice him looking around)

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 06:15 PM
Raymond

As you are knocked down webs, your stick becomes stuck.

DC 12 STR check to pull it free.

Luke

"Brat. You here for something?" His voice is gruff, almost like rolling stones and burning gravel, even as he continues to work on the blade. Explaining why you were here, he snorts.

"Just follow the coast south a ways. Was coming here from Dresden, they normally take the sea road."

You know where the sea road is, you've taken more then a few girls out via that road, and have many fond memories of it.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-26, 06:19 PM
Raymond
Raymond heaves and lets his weight pull the stick down.
[roll0]

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 07:01 PM
Luke

"Thanks, I'll be back with the seasteel" Leaving the smithy, Luke and Wade head down the sea road, keeping a lookout and scanning for human minds in the area.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 07:15 PM
Raymond

You manage to free your stick from the webbing, and move deeper into the wood lot. The shadows deepen, and you could swear you see glowing eyes just in the corner of your vision.

Eventually you make your way to a area that seems to be a structure made of webs. This would be the nest.

Luke

Moving along the road, you see a very sleepy Aron, and shards of seasteel are littered around it. Seems that Aron might have stolen it, but they couldn't have eaten it all yet..... hopefully.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 07:30 PM
Luke

Luke pulls the pokedex out and scans the sleeping Aron and waits for the scan to complete before telepathically giving instructions to Wade. Cover me, and don't let it get close.

Luke then proceeds to use his telekinesis to lift the shards and move them towards him, piece by piece, trying not to disturb the Aron or let them clang against eachother as he does so.

**can lift 20lbs over a distance of 12 metres, so if I need to move closer I do**

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 07:42 PM
Luke

You lift over what would amount to a measly 10 pounds of seasteel. That's only a quarter crate. The Aron must have dragged the rest back to their burrow.

Speaking of Aron, the little one snorts, sniffles a bit, then started snoring.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 07:48 PM
Luke

How do we get back to it's burrow? I know, Wade follow me... quickly, i've got an idea. Luke directs Wade to an area where they can hide off the side of the area where the Aron is sleeping, and finds a small rock that seems like it would wake up the Aron and drops it on it's head with telekinesis. Ready to follow the Aron back to it's burrow now that there is no more seasteel around it.

Dexterity for stealth: [roll0]

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-26, 08:08 PM
It's back leg twitchs slightly, but it didn't wake up. Either it's a deep sleeper or it has a real hard head.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-26, 08:42 PM
Luke

Seems like he's a heavy sleeper Looking to the pokeball on his belt Luke considers trying to catch it... It's asleep, I'm not sure I want to wake it up for a fight... no, I'll save the ball for an emergency.

Lying in wait for a few minutes Luke decides a much more crude method and yells. "HEY!" And ducking back down.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 05:12 AM
Raymond
Raymond will look at the formation of webs and will throw a sizable chunk of stone into it, trying to scare anything out.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 11:50 AM
Luke

With your shout, the little fellow wakes with a startled yelp. After looking around and seeing that the seasteel is gone, it blubbers and cries for at least a minute. Then, it starts heading East by South-East, towards the costal hills, not the mountains they normally live in.

Raymond

A pair of webs shot at you and Odien, but narrowly miss. Emerging from the nest are a triad of spinarark, around the same size as the one earlier.

Turn Order;

Raymond
Odien
Spinararks

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 12:42 PM
Raymond
Raymond will stay within a distance that he could still reach the Spinarak and he will call "Ok Odien, Scratch the closest one!" and flip out his pokedex and scan the Spinarak.
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage.
Raymond: HP: 52/52
Odien: HP: 20/23 SPD:8 DEF:7 SDEF:5

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 05:44 PM
Raymond

The claw misses, nicking the leader spiders head, but causing no damage. Their mandibles clacking, none manage to inflict any serious damage.

The one in the rear screech's, and a noise is heard from inside the nest.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 06:03 PM
Raymond
"Crap... Odien attack again, we need to finish this fast.".
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage.
Raymond HP:52/52
Odien HP:20/23 SPD: 8 DEF: 7 SDEF: 5

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 06:12 PM
Raymond

As his claw tears off another spiders head, the remaining pair chitter nervously, but a loud screech from inside the nest drives them forward. Only one of the snaping fangs manages to hit the little tortodile, but not from lack of trying. 2 Damage.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 06:14 PM
Raymond
"Keep at it Odien!" Raymond nervously eye's the large nest, hoping whatever is inside decide's that they aren't worth the trouble.
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage
Raymond HP: 52/52
Odien HP:18/23 SPD:8 DEF:7 SDEF:5

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 06:27 PM
Raymond

Once more, the claw punch's through the small spinaraks skull, but this time, something emerges from the nest. A pair of slightly larger spinarark emerge with what sounds like angry screeching coming from something in the nest. This time, one bite's you, and venom enters your system, while the rest try and bite through the scaly hide of Odien.

You take 8 Damage.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 06:32 PM
Raymond
"Oh trubbish! Odien help!" Raymond pulls away, folding the pokedex up before he drop it and try's jabbing at the larger Spinarak with his stick.
Ok, I'm not going to bother rolling to damage with the stick as I realised that I have -6 STR so I wouldn't be able to do anything to the spinarak anyway :P
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage Vs large spinarak.
Raymond: HP:44/52
Odien: HP:18/23 SPD:8 DEF:7 SDEF:5

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 06:40 PM
Raymond

His claw rip's off legs, and one of the larger spinarak is bleeding out, mauled by the little croc.

Your stick, while you are a twerp, still manages to bruise it a bit.

The smaller one looks like it wants to bolt and the bigger one looks a bit nervous, but they snap once more.

The smaller one does not manage to injure Odien, but the larger one once more sinks it's fang into you. You take 9 damage.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 06:40 PM
Luke

I wonder why it's going that way... okay Wade, you better get back in your ball so we can sneak properly. returning Wade to the ball, Luke continues to sneak behind the Aron as it walks in an unusual direction.

Dex: [roll0]

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 06:44 PM
Raymond
*I should have spent more time outside, urgh* Raymond will skirt away from the spinarak and let Odien attack the largest one.
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage vs largest Spinarak.
Raymond: HP:35/52

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 06:46 PM
Luke

It stops. It turns around. It looks right at you. It ***** it's head. It keeps walking.

Eventually it reaches a cave entrance, where a few crates of Seasteel scattered around the entrance.

WIS check

DC 12+ They don't look like they've been broken, just dragged.
DC 16+ What ever did the dragging, was bigger then a Aron.

Raymond

Odien's claw drives through the weakness the stick made, and now it's bleeding out on the forest floor. The small one chitters and runs back into the nest, but a leg goes through it's skull. The broodmother of these spinarak, a Ariados. This must be what's keeping them here and driving them on. Deal with this spider and your done.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 06:54 PM
Raymond
"This isn't good... Odien, be cautious, it looks tough." And Raymond will use Frantic research.
[roll0] Vs AC 2 (Scratch)
[roll1] Normal damage
[roll2] 15+ Can tell what level the pokemon is. 20+ can tell HP.
Also can I still catch the Spinarak bleeding out on the floor or is it too late for them?

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 07:05 PM
Raymond

Frantic Research; Level 3 Boss

Barely making a scratch in it's chitin plating, it responds by barely missing with a venomous bite.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 07:09 PM
Raymond
Raymond will wince at the near miss of the Ariados "Keep going Odien, it won't take long!
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 07:13 PM
Raymond

This is one tough spider. His claws making shallow wounds, this spider is a tank. Thankfully, it's snapping mandibles miss Odien, if only just. If this keeps up, this thing is the deadliest fight you've ever been on.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 07:16 PM
Raymond
Raymond starts jumping foot to foot, he hasn't really been in a situation where his pokemon could die, just friendly matches. "Once more Odien! Thats all it will take!"
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage.
Odien: HP:18/23 SPD:8 DEF:7 SDEF:5.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 07:19 PM
Raymond

With an angry screech, a it spits out a massive web, catching you and barely missing Odien. While hurt, it's far from dead, it's far from down for the count. It's pissed off.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-27, 07:23 PM
Raymond
"NoNoNoNothisisn'tgood" Raymond struggles weakly against the web, twisting and trying to free himself. Odien however will continue to attack the Ariados, trying to keep it from his trainer.
[roll0] Vs Ac 2
[roll1] Normal damage.
Sorry, have to go for tonight. I'll be around tomorrow however.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 07:29 PM
Raymond

Odien manages to get a lucky hit, and two legs are missing, but it finally it manages to get a hit in. Soaked in poison, it's fangs tear through his tough hide. 9 Damage.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 08:34 PM
Luke

Cringing when the Aron looks right at him, look freezes, but seeing the Aron realise that he's no threat, Luke continues to follow the Aron a little less stealthily. Arriving at his den Luke's eyes catch the crates of Seasteel and he looks around for anything else interesting.

**how big are the crates, too big for me to carry both? How big is the cave**

Wisdom: [roll0] (current proxy disallows google docs so I can't access stats right now, It's either straight roll or -1 though)

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 08:36 PM
Luke

They should be about 40 pounds each, and are a simple crate. You and Wave should be able to lug 2/3 back to the smithy in a hour.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 08:43 PM
Luke

Okay, looks like we've found our seasteel, well, I've come this far, can't hurt to ask nicely. Wade come out and translate for me. Releasing Wade Luke get's Wade to call to the Aron and ask him nicely for a few crates.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 08:47 PM
Luke

The little Aron jumps up a bit, startled. But it does not want to part with any of the metal, or at least not much of it. It's starting to posture and try and look threatening. On one hand, it's kind of ridiculous. On the other hand they are freaking hard as hell to hurt.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 09:10 PM
Luke

"OKAY, okay, we won't take it, but we can work this out... just give me a minute" backing away to a distance that seems acceptable to the Aron, Luke sits with Wade to think. If we have to fight, we are going to fight on even ground Wade, and his defences put us at too much of a disadvantage.

**Could I have a general description of the area? You said we were on the coastal road, how far away is the closest source of water? And if you would be so kind, can you check my character sheet and tell me how many potions I have in my bag?**

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 09:18 PM
You have 3 potions. Your about a quarter mile from the road in wooded hills a good bit from the great mountains. The closest source of water would be a small pond two minutes south-east. There are plenty of trees in the area.

Luke

The Aron is trying to get into the crate, but seems to be having a lot of trouble.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 09:25 PM
Luke

"Do you want some help over there?!" Luke stands and walks closer, mentally conversing with the following Squirtle. If it attacks try to intercept it, I'll heal you up after wards. If Luke get's close enough to the crate without being interrupted, he'll take the top off, then put it back down.

"How about we make a deal? I'll open this crate for you, and I get the other two?" If the Aron looks like it doesn't understand, he'll get Wade to translate again.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 09:29 PM
Luke

The Aron looks like it would agree, but then goes into the cave. It looked happy, but also somewhat nervous. A few minutes later, it leads out a troop of six other Aron. It looks like the Seasteel might have been the most they've eaten in a while. They are defiantly showing signs of starvation.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 09:37 PM
Luke

Stunned for a moment, Luke takes the top off the crate and tips a bit of the seasteel out. "Hang on, I'll be right back." Putting his hands up to signify waiting, "C'mon Wade we're heading back to the smith." Returning Wade, Luke runs back to the smith as fast as he can.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 09:40 PM
Luke

A dull roar comes from the cave, and a Lairon emerges. It's on the small side for the species, and probably a bit weaker. Something tells you that it might be more open to telepathy then the Aron.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 09:48 PM
Luke

Stopping when he hears the dull roar from behind him Luke communicates telepathically as well as verbally to the Lairon (scanning it as he does so). "I'll be able to get you some more metal if I can have these crates, but I'll leave this crate here for you guys until I get back, it'll probably be best if I could take it all back and get you more food, but you're hungry and I won't take that away from you, so please If I can just take one of these crates back with me, I promise I'll be back with some more for you all." Approaching one of the closed crates, Luke waits for the Lairon to nod or deny him in some way.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-27, 09:53 PM
Luke

The Lairons menal voice is not something you were prepared for. Sounding like rocks and steel crashing and rasping together, it rumbles out slowly.

Human. Human drove us from Mine. You get us Mine Back, You have Crates. Only one Metal Box You take. We must Eat.

That may explain it. Someone forced them from their normal eating grounds and their desperate. This might not be a one time thing then if they can't have their mine back....

D_Man_7733
2013-10-27, 10:17 PM
Luke

"That's the first time I've known a pokemon that can telepathically communicate back to me... I'll go clear them out then, if you could point me on my way, I'll go clear them out if I can. Otherwise I'll try to work something out with the smithy in town, meanwhile try not to eat too much... but don't be shy if your hungry." Smiling, he follows the directions he was given to the mine.

Azktor
2013-10-27, 10:19 PM
Winger

Winger wake up still felling bad "I can not come back to Mornai...not now, not like this! I need money to buy a new airplane....but first I need some money to get me trough the days. I will see what jobs there is in this city."
Winger checks out the 'task-board' and decided to help retrieve the three cases of cactus apple, since he just need to come inside the Capote that he was so close. Winger entered the Capote and started to look for someone that he could talk with about the job offer.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 07:36 AM
Raymond
Assuming Raymond can, he will attempt to throw a pokeball at the Ariados, hoping to buy sometime and get free. If he can't throw one he'll just continue to struggle and get out and Odien will attack.
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Normal damage Vs Ariados.
[roll2] Capture roll.
Odien: HP:9/23 SPD:8 DEF:7 SDEF:5

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 10:59 AM
Luke

It takes you almost three hours over rough terrian, rocky defiles, sudden gorges, and what you could swear are magma vents. There have been no other pokemon around, which is lucky for you.

But, you reach the area where the Lairon said there "mine" was, probobly one of the local caves they dug out looking for metal. One of the caves has what feels off, something tugging at the back of your senses.

Winger

The first thing you notice are that the waitresses are Kirlia, but you are directed to the bar, where a very odd Larvitar sits, polishing a mug. With a black bowler hat and a fancy black tie, it almost seems as if he's trying to go for the Rum Runners look.

"So, your here bout the job right? Can't see why else a trainer would be here early. Look kid, I'll give ya the skinny. Been working on a new drink, should have a LOT of kick to it, but, I'm a busy mon." He shrugs his shoulders.

"That, and I leave the bar, odds are some idiot will try and put me in a ball. So, Golden Cactus Apples. It's not quite in the desert, not asking you to get killed after all, but the place where they grow easy is close to the mountians. More like the foothills. Just head west along the main caravan route then go north by north-west when you get to Van's Roadside Pit. Should be a good four, five hour hike, only problem I can really think of would be would that wheres there's cactus, there's cacnea."

Raymond

The ball flies out, hit the spider on one of it's eyes. The Red Flash pulses, then fades to a ball, nearly cracking as the Ariados violently fights for freedom. The pokeball nearly cracks in the twenty seconds you hold your breath, waiting, but eventually it dings.

You manage to get out of the sticky webbing, your wounds seeming to sting and throb now that the rush of battle has faded.

Ariados

Female. Proud Nature. Venom Abillity. Knows Poison Sting, String Shot, and Spiders Web.

Also, please make a d100 roll

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 12:56 PM
Raymond
Raymond will embrace Odien "You did good Odien, rest a bit." And will return him. Raymond will quickly check the nest for eggs then will stagger back to the farm, knocking on the door of Old man."I managed to clear the nest I think, there was a Ariados in the nest. If I were you I'd keep a eye out in case any spinarak weren't there when I cleared it out."
[roll0]

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 01:04 PM
Raymond

Searching through the nest, you find small peices of jewelery, and even a small bag of coins. But it's in the main chamber that you find what could be the greatest find for a spiders nest. Three HM's. Only one is a standard, but even that? Even that is a treasure not worth parting with easily.

Loot;

You gain $650, 1 HM Surf, 1 HM Water Pulse, and 1 HM with an unknown move.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 01:12 PM
Raymond
Raymond laughs for a long 10 seconds, so Spinarak have a taste for shiny stuff, well Raymond will eagerly stash his goods, happy at the fact that he won't have to sleep outside tonight.

Raymond will now stagger back to the farm. "I managed to clear the nest I think, there was a Ariados in the nest. If I were you I'd keep a eye out in case any Spinarak weren't there when I cleared it out."

Azktor
2013-10-28, 01:21 PM
Winger

Winger listen carefully the explanation and then says "Cacnea, uh? My father said they are nasty cactus-like mons, right?" He waits for the answer and then repply "All right then! I'm going to help you out with this..." Winger gets a napkin and take notes on the place, he then starts to travel to the location.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 01:24 PM
Raymond

The Farmer looks slightly startled about the Ariados, then snorts a bit.

"Figures. Anyway, the money and the potions are in the bag. But, I'd go see Ivan or Jeff to file the taxes. Ivan runs the Gym, good leader too, Jeff is at 'Jeff's Bank and Telegraph'. Always a good idea to keep money banked, and they can wire it if your out of town."

With that, he hands you a medium sized bag with the money and medicine inside.

"And bout that spider. Wouldn't recomend using it in matches just yet. Thing led them bugs from what you say, you'll need to work with it to git it to see who's boss."

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 01:28 PM
Winger

The hours pass, and you have walked with no interuptions, even as the sun began to rise higher in the sky. Eventually, you make it to Van's pit, and head off into the brush.

An hour later, you clear a ridge, and you see ten large cacti, almost emerald in color, with fruit that gleams golden around a deep blue water hole. Of course, there also happens to be four stubby little figures that look to be made of much rougher cactus, that seem to be glancing nervously at the water?

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 01:35 PM
Raymond
"Yeah, I wish I didn't have to hurt the Spinarak but they could spread quite quickly and could kill quite a lot of livestock. I feel the Ariados won't be too pleased with me." Raymond will say his goodbye's to the Old man and will back to town and will ask directions to Jeff's Bank and Telegraph.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 02:21 PM
Raymond

Jeff's Bank and Telegraph is in the same 'town square' as the Gym, Temple, Bar and Lab. The sign on the place is a Rotom between two telegraph poles above a silver aron.

As you go inside, it's a small place where a man who has a disturbing resembelance to a rattata is sitting behind a counter, old and worn, but lovingly built.

As soon as he see's you, he smiles.

"Greetings. First time in here? Ya need help setting up an account? Or you got job earnings to be taxed?"

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 02:42 PM
Raymond
"Uh, I'm here to pay the job tax. It is 20% of the earnings correct?" And Raymond will start gathering the amount of money needed to give to Jeff.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-28, 03:14 PM
Luke

Releasing Wade, Luke opens his senses and scans for minds in the area, "Be ready for anything Wave, we need to help these Aron." Slowly he begins walking down the mine, as stealthily as possible while scanning for human minds in the area.

Dex: [roll0]

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 06:16 PM
Raymond

Taking out the paperwork for you to set up an account, Jeff asks the important question.

"So, how much did you make? 20% of that goes to taxes, well, 15% goes to the temple, but they do medical, and 5% goes to keep the town running."

Luke

There is a faint pulsing of a human, but not quite human mind. Not like the Lairon from before, but also simmilar. What ever mind it is, it's both like and dislike a pokemons.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-28, 06:18 PM
Raymond
"I made $1,500 so I give you $300? And Raymond will hand him over the $300.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-28, 06:33 PM
Luke

Continuing down the path, Luke picks up some rocks along the way he might be able to throw as a weapon should it come to that. Crude, but unfortunately necessary.

Azktor
2013-10-28, 08:42 PM
Winger

After a looong walk to get to the right place, Winger finally arrived. He notices that some of the cactus are different "They must be the Cacnea...I wonder if DEX have any useful information on them and their habits." Winger then points his pokedex at one of the Cacnea and see what it says and for a couple of minutes he just observes them to see if they show any behavior that he could use to separete them.

Just in case, I will roll a Perception roll if you need, if not necesary I will use it latter [roll0]. My plan is to get one-on-one before getting the fruits, if no information come from DEX/Observation I will just "try something" :smallbiggrin:

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 08:44 PM
Raymond

Taking the money and making notes in a large book, he presents it for your signature. Having signed, you have access to medicare from the temple. He gives you a card, showing the information you provided.

OOC; Basically, it's the Infernos version of a Social Security Number.

Luke

A poocheyana blocks your path. And then a presence echoes in your mind. It is not the poocheyna, but whatever it is, it's using it as a relay.

'What do you seek in the demons lair mortal?'

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 08:50 PM
Winger

Pokedex; Cacnea are the oasis guardians in Infernos. They guard the Cacti and watering holes that provide life for most of the island, and allow others to take what they need to survive.

Whatever the mons are doing, they are scared about something in the water. A moment later, three Inferno Deerling come by. And then it strikes. Three tentacles shot out of the water wrapping themselves around the screaming deerling. They are quickly dragged under, and soon the water shows a red cloud, and pieces of deerling float to the surface before whatever it is drags them back down.

D_Man_7733
2013-10-28, 08:52 PM
Luke

Staring for a few moments as he comprehends this information, Luke sighs at the display, then begins speaking loudly into the mind of the poocheyena. Hoping to shock whatever is speaking through it into giving up it's location. I'm here to convince the human who kicked tha Aron and Lairon out of the cave to leave so they can come back, and yes, I can speak with my mind as well, so mere mortal might be an understatement.

Roll to search for a mind that matches the same feel I'm getting from the Poocheyana (i'm guessing int, because telepathy): [roll0]

**also scanning the poocheyana**

Azktor
2013-10-28, 09:09 PM
Winger

Winger is caught out of guard by the brutality of the scene "Was that a pokemon???" he quickly tries to use his pokedex at one of the Tentacles to get some information about what he have to deal. Winger was happy that his charmander was not out of the pokeball to see that, but his father always taught that this was a harsh world, so he was able to keep some of his coolness...

Dexterity Roll [roll0] (just in case that was a really quick action that requires me to be as quick as the action)

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-28, 09:39 PM
Luke

There are a four more pokemon that share nearly the same signature. And there is something that feels like a void in your mind, with hate radiating off it like fire.

'Human? I abandoned my humanity long ago little mortal. I have devoured more powerful sorcerers then thee. I am shadow and flame, darkness and hatred. They fled, as mortals must flee before the demon.'

It begins channeling a move, something only very old mystics can do. Or to be accurate, no0ne should be able to do it, as the last one died a long time ago. However, the ember that just missed your feet says that rumors of their demise may have been exaggerated.

Winger

You barely manage to catch data on the thing. Krakan, the baby behemoth pokemon.

Pokedex; Krakan, a Water/Dark type pokemon that is related to tentecool and Octilliery. Always hungry, they eat any kind of meat they can get their Tentacles on. They have sunken ships, and when evolved have destroyed entire coastal villages. The fact they rarely evolve has caused survivors to becomes monks far insland. NOTICE!! Bounty from the Great Isles League; $3000 for a report. $50,000 for a dead one.

They are scourges, devourers, killers without mercy or remorse. The only real question is how the hell did it get in there in the first place?

D_Man_7733
2013-10-28, 09:55 PM
Luke

Fear rising up in him, Luke speaks out loud in the cave, too nervous to properly concentrate, Luke takes a breath to calm his voice and pulls out some seasteel shards and uses it to cut off his left sleeve and tie it to Wade like a scarf. "If things get bad, run back to town and get someone to help the Aron.", before standing up and speaking into the mine. "It, It appears I am both outnumbered and outmatched... and I apologise for speaking so forthright without giving you the respect that someone as legendary as you deserves, there are very few in this world who can do what you just did. But that unfortunately does not change my purpose, so I humbly request that you let the Aron and Lairon move back in, or help me find another metal rich area where they could make a home; please."

Luke gulps as he waits for the reply while Wade nervously tugs at the makeshift scarf and looks up at his trainer, unsure of what will go wrong, but willing to protect his trainer to the end.

**Int check rolled in OOC result: 15**

runhidesurvive
2013-10-29, 11:55 AM
Raymond
Raymond will thank Jeff for his time and will head to the temple to get Odien and Pox healed. After that he will administer the Surf HM to Odien and then will head off to the market to buy 3 pokeballs and an enriched water. After this Raymond will head to the seaside and will spend sometime there.
I've taken away the money for the items but if they aren't available I'll just leave the item.

Azktor
2013-10-29, 07:52 PM
Winger

Winger decides to give a try, besides the risk of getting eat, now that he is calmer things seems a bit more safe then before "I think it is not so dangerous, I may be able to use those cactus pokemons to get the apples....", Winger start to walk and climb around the pond, keeping himself at least 10 meters from the pond border the whole time. When he reaches the other side he goes behind some cover/bush, grabs a rock from the ground make a carefull aim and throw it on the closest Cacnea trying to get him close.

Not even sure if i NEED to caught a cacnea to get the apples, but juuuust in case. I do not want to risk.

Rock Throw Roll: [roll0] (no modifiers, right?)

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 01:34 PM
Luke

With a howl, the poocheyna attacks! It's body seems to be much hotter then normal, almost a burning, rabid fever. All the while, the shadows seem to catch fire, but emit no smoke, but something's off. The shadow figure has no head?

Raymond

Leaving the temple, where you also bought the water, you made your way to the smiths. Leaving to the beach with your purchases in pack, and money in your wallet, you use one of your recent HM's on Odien. Now packing some serious "water power" he blitz's among the waves.

Then, entering a sheltered cove, you hear a faint, slightly startled sound. You are between the water, it's escape, and a rare find. A baby Dratini.

Winger

The rock you threw startled the cacnea, nearly making it scream. Turning to face you, they slowly creep away from the water. The biggest one starts scratching out letters on the ground.

'Let Guess Want Apples You Want Apple We Want Kill-Thing Gone You Help Kill Kill-Thing We Give Apples'

While lacking in punctuation and their grammar is poor, but their offer is simple. You help them get rid of the Krakan, and you can have the apples.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 01:44 PM
Raymond
Raymond will immediately stop walking. "Oh my, it's ok. I didn't mean to scare you." After this he will squat and rummage through his bag, pulling out his field ration, and seeing whether or not the Dratini will accept any of the food.
I'm guessing some form of Charisma check is in order.
[roll0] Lets hope I don't screw this up.

Azktor
2013-10-31, 03:12 PM
Winger

Winger look at the Cacneas and says calmly for them understand "Help me with the apple and I swear I come back to take care of the Kill-thing!" Winger is smiling and he really meant to help them.

Charisma roll to make then trust me [roll0]

D_Man_7733
2013-10-31, 03:24 PM
Luke

Moving out of the way and about to run out of the cave, Luke shouts back to the Demon."It's clear you're not in the mood for talking, but was that entirely necessary?!" Shocked by the shadows that near appear on fire, Luke pauses before running, assessing his situation.

**Am I surrounded by fire on all sides, or is escape plausible?**

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 04:06 PM
Raymond

The Dratini nibbles, but is very cautious. It's moma told it to not trust strangers... Or take candy from them.... But it's so good...

Winger

You could swear they deadpan. That, or they've got really wooden expressions.

'No We Help But Kill Kill-Thing Before Apples'

WIS check

DC 14+ There are bubbles rising from the lake....
DC 18+ The Krakan might be able to leave the water, and whats that large dark shape rising to the surface?

Luke

OOC; The fire is illusion, more like a "shadow" fire. Ment to be creepy/add atmosphere.

The only responce is the pooheyana leaping forward, and dark laughter almost washing over you like oil on water. The shadowy flames do not burn, but they give Wade and you the chills, making goose bumps rise, and old fears to surface.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 04:15 PM
Raymond
Raymond will lay down the food "Here, take as much as you like." And Raymond will look around at cove, does it look like whatever this things mother is left recently and is there any abnormal objects lying around?
Perception roll [roll0]

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 04:25 PM
Raymond

You think you see a very creepy looking bear out of the corner of your eye. When you look, it's not there.

The Dratini continues to eat your rations, seriously pigging out.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 04:33 PM
Raymond
"Uh, ok, um, sure are enjoying that huh? Maybe I can get you some more? But I guess for you being a baby you shouldn't eat too much or you'll get sick...". While saying this Raymond fumbles around for Odiens pokeball, just in case something bad happens.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 04:37 PM
Raymond

There is a legend. Okay, not really a legend, more like really bad smut stories, that tell of a tediursa that was experimented on. Driven insane, it seeks to regain it's lost innocence by questionable and illegal means via those who happen to be..... not very old. Pre-teen normally.

And you can hear the perverted giggling of the Pediursa... from behind you. Very close to your behind in fact....

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 04:44 PM
Raymond
Normally Raymond would run, there happens to be a baby Dratini right in front of him. "Every story has a seed of truth" Raymond mutters as he jump's to the side and turns around, releasing Odien in front of him.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 04:51 PM
Raymond

You see a stange and twisted Tediursa (http://www.google.ca/imgres?sa=X&biw=1680&bih=955&tbm=isch&tbnid=ks4CWZHrOpQ66M:&imgrefurl=http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pedobear&docid=GgbTp-x4SktukM&imgurl=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130918175347/villains/images/c/c9/Pedobear2.png&w=555&h=1027&ei=9M9yUp6pD4WMyQHahoH4Bg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:7,s:0,i:109&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=192&tbnw=104&start=0&ndsp=31&tx=67&ty=96), marked by all the pervision it was forced first to watch, then commit, it stalks the world, going after what it's name implies...

Turn Order;
Raymond
Pediursa- SPD 12
Odien- SPD 8

With s stange and twisted smile, it unleashes it's horrible version of scarey face... the Rape Face. The Dratini, lucky for it's mental health, is too busy eating to pay attention to the mental scaring that you and Odien are being subject too.

Odien's SPD goes down by 2 combat stages

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 04:55 PM
Raymond
"Odien, keep your distance and pelt it with water!"
Raymond will also flip his pokedex out and scan the pokemon because hey, might as well.
[roll0] Vs AC 2
[roll1] Water damage.

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 04:59 PM
Raymond

The water does not manage to damage it. Not to say it didn't hit, but rather, it diverted it to create a mentally scaring illusion of it [instert shotacon yoai scene].

Odien and you take 10 psychic damage.

runhidesurvive
2013-10-31, 05:02 PM
Raymond
"Ok Odien, I don't think you'll withstand much more of this, time for your new move, hit him with all you've got!"
[roll0] Vs AC 4
[roll1] Water damage

Grimsage Matt
2013-10-31, 05:10 PM
Raymond

Watching with wide eyes, the little Dratini watches as Odien's eyes flare, as he gathers the water in the cove and air to form a miniture tidal wave. Sending it rushing towards the bear with a roar, the crying pediursa is washed out to sea.... hopefully not to turn up for a long time.

The Dratini comes up to you, and starts rooting through your pack. By complete and utter acident, it's nose conncects with a pokeball. A red light flashes, and a ding is heard.

Of course, you just hope that it's mother never finds out about this...

Azktor
2013-10-31, 06:25 PM
Winger

Winger look to the Cacneas and says "All right, I will be back in a couple of hours and we will kill the Kill-thing! Wait for me!" Winger waits a couple of second for the Cacnea answer before leaving and then turn around into the nearby "tall grass" looking for a place to train Chili and himself and maybe find a new companion in the process. "That 50000...I could send to father and he would be able to buy a new airplane..."

Perception Roll to spot any wild grass/bug/eletric/fighting pokemon in the nearby "tall grass" besides the 5 cacneas of course! [roll0]

Also, leftover is now equiped on the Charmander.

runhidesurvive
2013-11-01, 02:04 AM
Raymond
"Well it looks like you're along for the ride now". Raymond will quickly leave the cove before very angry mother can show up and will head back to town for the time being.

runhidesurvive
2013-11-03, 01:10 PM
Raymond
After getting Odien healed (Again). Raymond will ask around to see if there's anywhere that ether Steel or Fire type Pokemon are commonly seen. If there isn't such a place nearby he'll head to Capone's Sea-side Pub and Grill and see if there's anyone wanting a friendly battle.
[roll0] Charisma check for if needed.

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-15, 01:35 PM
Luke

As the poocheyana lunges forward, a shadow drops from the roof of the cave. In the blink of an eye only the pooch's head is still moving toward you, separated from it's body. With a small blade strangely clean of blood, there is a Larvitar in a classical ninja costume already moving towards it's next target, before disappearing back into the shadows.

The shadowy figure is ranting and raving, but so far, nothing beyond the illusionary flames has happened.

Winger

On top of the ridge, you can see for a good distance, and manage to spot three groups of pokemon.

The first are a pair of mankey, one who has a suitcase and a bowler hat, the other has a large club. Both seem to be waiting for something.

The second is a good sized group of Nincada, about ten of them, that look like they are foraging.

Last, there is a band of five Machop. Or at least you think they are Machop. They don't look as bulky, more streamlined, and carry blades. The leader caries one that seems to almost pulse with something... And it seems like they are heading to the mankey.

Raymond

When asking about fire types, you find that of all the local fire types, Numel are the most common. Hardy desert dwellers, this common pokemon serves as a pack mon for trainers going through the desert. The much rarer Houndour can be found in the southern reaches, forced there by the Burnfangs, a hybrid of Houndour and Poocheyana.

As for steel types? You'd have to head up into the mountians to find Aron. Though a rumor is going around the pub that a few bands of Ronin Bladechop might be in the area, lured in by a Primeape crime-boss.

runhidesurvive
2013-11-15, 02:28 PM
Seeing that most that most of his options are quite a distance away, Raymond will actually head to the edge of the desert, walking around to see if any pokemon can be seen.

Azktor
2013-11-20, 08:08 PM
Winger

Will try to go close by the mankeys, avoiding the others groups the best he can. Arriving there he will try to get the attention of one of the mankey separatelly (waving a piece of food to get him close to me)

D_Man_7733
2013-11-27, 01:36 AM
Luke

Surprised at the sudden appearance of Ninjarvatar, Luke searches mentally for it's trainer if he's nearby otherwise directing Wade to attack the pooch that the ninjatar doesn't seem to be going after.. "Now Wave, show them what you've got, TACKLE that one!"

Attack [roll0] vs AC 3
Damage: [roll1]