Lower Spell Resistance
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 4, Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (see text)
Spell Resistance: No

This spell reduces the subject's spell resistance by 1 per caster level (maximum reduction 15).

This reduction can't lower a target's spell resistance below 0.

The target of the spell takes a penalty on its saving throw equal to your caster level.

From Draconomicon.

Certainly if we can make the locate city bomb, there is a way we can shenaniganize this for completely ridiculous means.

Crake
2013-10-25, 10:51 PM
From Draconomicon.

Certainly if we can make the locate city bomb, there is a way we can shenaniganize this for completely ridiculous means.

That's a pretty odd line. I mean clearly it means for this spell only, not just a blanket penalty to saves for the duration, although I can't imagine why it would say that. I guess stack on any metamagic you can think of that requires a save? I can't actually think of any myself though.

Irk
2013-10-25, 11:14 PM
Maybe you could DMM reach/persist it and then apply some sort of affect that constantly applies a debuff or damage so the take that damage/debuff for 24 hours. Maybe even somehow make it work with deadeye shot and have the other person have a spell storing weapon, and then they take the penalty on that too?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-10-25, 11:18 PM
Pair it with Fell Drain for no-attack, pretty-much-no-save negative levels?

mabriss lethe
2013-10-25, 11:25 PM
What about coupling it with Arcane Fusion?

Ignore that, casting time prohibits it

TuggyNE
2013-10-25, 11:44 PM
From Draconomicon.

Reserves of Strength + CL booster cheese of choice. Take, oh let's say a -25 penalty to SR. Or -100, if it's all the same to you. And, of course, a -25/-100 penalty to the save.

Seriously, though, the spell is inherently broken by its basic mechanics, since its purpose is "double your effective CL for SR checks against this creature if it fails an absurdly painful save". That's a lot like giving a fighter "reduce a creature's AC for 5 minutes by an amount equal to your BAB if it fails a Fort save of 10+half Fighter level+Str. Oh also it takes a penalty on that save of your BAB."

Fax Celestis
2013-10-25, 11:47 PM
It does have a one round casting time, so it's not like assay spell resistance.

I don't think you can Fell Drain it because it doesn't deal damage. But you could probably get it to do so the same way the locate city bomb gets it.

Chaining even the basic version of this spell is rather painful, though. "HEY EVERYBODY I HATE: MAKE A FORT SAVE AT -15 OR BASICALLY LOSE SR".

Although, undead are immune to this, since it won't affect an object.