PDA

View Full Version : Seeking WOTC

tortor
2013-10-26, 06:12 AM
I want to do a stat up of Magic the Gathering creatures as 3.5E Stated Creatures.

What's more I would love to be able to PUBLISH and preferably KICKSTART this project.

Does anyone know how I can reach Wizards of the Coast involving copyrights and such inorder for this to happen?

I am not so much seeking a "They will say no" or a "Here's a work around" reply as I am seeking Contact Information for a Wizards Employee who can work through this with me.

Thank you Playground for your help!~

Studoku
2013-10-26, 06:26 AM
Best I can find is the corporate enquiries information listed here:
http://company.wizards.com/contactus

Brookshw
2013-10-26, 06:27 AM
Never licensed anything with them but when in doubt calling and asking if they have a licensing department or if you could speak with corporate legal is usually a good start (425) 226-6500. From there usually you can get someone to point you in the right direction. Sounds like you'd need to find a sponsoring editor or something to that effect. Sorry, no direct line of communication I can offer, maybe someone in the playground has a direct line (wouldn't surprise me). Be prepared for lots of road blocks but tenacity does pay off. Good luck!

tortor
2013-10-26, 06:31 AM
Studoku I also found this page and was stumped as to where I should go from there.

Brookshw I will give that number a ring at a reasonable hour, can you elaborate on Sponsoring Editor or me? I expect road blocks and those roadblocks will face my tenacity!~

Thank you both, and Thanks to the Playground in advance for any further tips!

Brookshw
2013-10-26, 07:08 AM
The titles vary company by company but most will have some form of sponsoring editor or acquisitions editor whose job it is to look for new releases/content/product potential. As said, I've never done business with WOTC and couldn't specify how they're structured. Just keep calling and trying to speak with whoever will listen. Sometimes you get juggled for months before you do find that person and the answer's now always what you want to hear. Good luck!

Edit: I don't work in this part of the publishing industry, one of the devs that follows these forums could probably give you more specific advise.

Eulalios
2013-10-26, 07:12 AM
WoTC has been a Hasbro subsidiary for years now (decade?). Hasbro has tight cost controls. I am guessing that all the legal has been consolidated to Providence, so that you might need to contact Hasbro corporate legal re: licensing.

They have a form for that. (http://www.hasbro.com/en_GB/corporate/legal/)

relytdan
2013-10-26, 07:18 AM
WOTC aka Hasbro inc. - you may want to go through Hasbro as they are the parent company of WOTC, but on the side of MTG related monsters stated out as D&D monsters, as WOTC aka Hasbro inc. have the rights to D&D and are in the final stages of D&D Next- as they are calling it. they may not allow it for reasons of intellectual property / copywrites ect, depnds on the end product I guess, but as others have said - to avoid legal issues definitely reach their licensing and or legal folks to see if its something you can do.

AzureKnight
2013-10-26, 02:10 PM
ypu may get lucky by going to hasbro web site scrolling to the bottom and clicking customer support. from there click FAQs and to the right of the page is a live chat area to ask hasbro associates any questions you may have.

hope this is helpful.

KillianHawkeye
2013-10-26, 02:46 PM
This web site is not an appropriate forum for asking for legal advice.