PDA

View Full Version : Charger assistance

Pinkcrusade
2013-10-26, 12:57 PM
Hello.

I am planning on making a Ubercharger for fun, but I don't want to go the Frenzied Berserker-Leap Attack-build, but the mounted lancer build.

I was wondering about which classes comprise this build, and what else I would require.

Thanks a lot.

(also, no divine classes)

herrhauptmann
2013-10-26, 04:08 PM
I dont' do mounted characters, so I can't help too much.
But, if you get the right race/body type, you can do both.
Centaurs and other tauric shaped creatures can use mounted combat feats.
Races of Faerun and MM1.

So now you'll do rideby attack and leap attack, without some argument about how you're jumping off the mount, and therefore don't qualify for your mounted bonuses. Because you are your mount.

Valorous Lance (or other weapon) from Champions of valor.
I'd recommend smoking weapons, 4 of them. Your options: Spiked barding. Armor spikes. Spiked gauntlets (left and right), and spiked shields. AC is a mugs game, miss chances are where it's at.

Malak'ai
2013-10-26, 04:14 PM
Hello.

I am planning on making a Ubercharger for fun, but I don't want to go the Frenzied Berserker-Leap Attack-build, but the mounted lancer build.

I was wondering about which classes comprise this build, and what else I would require.

Thanks a lot.

(also, no divine classes)

Crusader/Knight with Ride by Attack, Spirted Charge and a Keen/Valorious lance is all I can think of off the top of my head... If you could use Divine classes I'd throw in some Paladin (possible 'of Freedom' variant just to give a bit more leeway on the Code of Conduct).

Jormengand
2013-10-26, 04:16 PM
Psychic Warrior on a horse (or hippogriff, more likely), scream "Psionic Lion's Charge for full, power attack for full!" and charge screaming into the nearest enemy with a lance.

Fredaintdead
2013-10-26, 04:37 PM
I'd say a Warblade with the Wild Cohort feat [to get yourself a mount of sorts] could do fairly well if ToB is allowed. Focus on a combination of Tiger Claw [Offensive punch comes out of Pouncing Charge, Dancing Mongoose and Raging Mongoose boosts], and White Raven [Tactical benefits + Charge-based thingies]. You might also want to look at the Lv1 Iron Heart Stance "Punishing Stance"

Pouncing Charge Boost [available at Initiator level 9] + War Master's Charge Strike [available at Initiator level 17] = You get to charge, full attack, deal bonus damage, and have your allies also charge to deal more damage. While it does have lower level versions in the form of Battle Leader's Charge [Initiator Level 3] and War Leader's Charge [Initiator Level 11]. Although the lower level versions don't come with the stun and they don't allow your allies to join in.

White Raven also lets you give your allies neat benefits too, so you get to be an ubercharger and make everyone else more awesome too.

Blackhawk748
2013-10-26, 04:45 PM
Heres an easy build Fighter 10/Cavalier 10

Dual Wield Lances from the back of whatever mount you like (i recommend a Dire Tiger) and watch things die a horrid death from the X5 damage full attack from you lances.

Oh and you STILL have enough feats to do mounted archery too.

GameSpawn
2013-10-26, 05:23 PM
Riding boots (DMG II and updated in MIC) are worth a look if you use a lance and spirited charge (which I recommend). They'll give you another double.

Kennisiou
2013-10-26, 05:31 PM
Paladin/Druid/Ranger (pick one or two) into halfling outrider is a ridiculous mounted uber charger build. There's non-casting variants of both ranger and paladin if you'd like, but honestly when you do the mounted combat builds you don't really get a significant amount of spells from the prior class since you usually only take, like, 2-5 levels in the class.

Knight into halfling outrider can work as well, and if you can find a way to gain a paladin mount or druid animal companion without being a paladin/druid then I'd suggest going for it to get a stronger HO mount.