PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Immunity to Nausea (Nauseated Condition)

Eldonauran
2013-10-26, 03:49 PM
Look for a way to become immune to the Nauseated condition.

Character is going to be a Drunken Brute barbarian and I do not want to resort to taking Internal Fortitude unless absolutely necessary.

Any other ideas on how to gain either complete or effective immunity to the condition? Pathfinder material only.

Andvare
2013-10-26, 03:58 PM
Become friend with a 9th level Merciful Healer (cleric archetype), or a 9th paladin. Leadership perhaps?
Probably not what you had in mind though.

Edit: Some edit required. I'm tired.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-10-26, 04:03 PM
Look for a way to become immune to the Nauseated condition.

Character is going to be a Drunken Brute barbarian and I do not want to resort to taking Internal Fortitude unless absolutely necessary.

Any other ideas on how to gain either complete or effective immunity to the condition? Pathfinder material only.

Well many effects that cause nausea are poisoned based such as Stinking Cloud.(Ultimate Magic added the new poison descriptor). So being immune to poison would make you immune to most effects causing nausea. Trouble is if your immune to poison it could stop your Drunken Barbarian ability from working.

A potion of "remove sickness" taken after you become nauseated would suppress it for ten minutes.

Keneth
2013-10-26, 04:05 PM
Removing nausea isn't hard, becoming immune to it is another matter entirely.

I'm pretty certain that none of the other options go well with barbarian. Life and Occult oracles gain immunity as a capstone ability, Pestilence sorcerers gain immunity at 9th level. Constructs and undead are immune, but they also can't receive morale bonuses (which makes rage pointless).

Internal fortitude is by far the best option. Why would you not wanna take it? :smallconfused:

grarrrg
2013-10-26, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty certain that none of the other options go well with barbarian. Life and Occult oracles gain immunity as a capstone ability, Pestilence sorcerers gain immunity at 9th level. Constructs and undead are immune, but they also can't receive morale bonuses (which makes rage pointless).

Oracle Curse would be a slightly better option, since Non-Oracle count as 1/2 for Curse bonuses.
Wasted Curse grants Immune Nausea at level 15. So you'd "only" need 10 levels of Oracle!
Or, if you're a race that has an Alt-Favored bonus of "+1/2 Curse progression" then you'd only need 5 levels of Oracle!

And the Pestilence Bloodline bonus can be gotten through the Eldritch Heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-eldritch-heritage) feats.
You would "only" have to spend 3 feats, have 15 CHA, and wait until level 11. But it would work!
Compare to spending 1 feat on "Extra Rage Power".

Internal fortitude is by far the best option. Why would you not wanna take it? :smallconfused:

Yeah. What he said.

Keneth
2013-10-26, 05:39 PM
Or, if you're a race that has an Alt-Favored bonus of "+1/2 Curse progression" then you'd only need 5 levels of Oracle!

You didn't think this one through. :smallwink:

Spore
2013-10-26, 06:21 PM
Take IF and join the world of rage cycling <3

Eldonauran
2013-10-26, 06:56 PM
Oracle Curse would be a slightly better option, since Non-Oracle count as 1/2 for Curse bonuses.
Wasted Curse grants Immune Nausea at level 15. So you'd "only" need 10 levels of Oracle!

And the Pestilence Bloodline bonus can be gotten through the Eldritch Heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-eldritch-heritage) feats.
You would "only" have to spend 3 feats, have 15 CHA, and wait until level 11. But it would work!
Compare to spending 1 feat on "Extra Rage Power"
The build I'm working on (nothing seriously optimized) will not be reaching barbarian level 8 until 16th level, at the earliest. Cha being high might even be preferable.

Monk 6/Ninja 2/Barbarian12 (or Ninja 4/Barbarian 10)

Archetypes
Monk: Master of Many Styles, Ironskin Monk (hobgoblin), Drunken Master
Barbarian: Drunken Brute, Savage Barbarian, Wild Rager

Ninja 2 is to get the Ki Pool to run off of Cha. We won't be using Wis to armor due to Ironskin Monk, so we use light armor and shields while getting boosts to natural armor instead of Wis. We won't be flurrying due to Many styles, so there if no loss if we wear armor. Wild Rager level two gives us back a flurry-like extra attack.

Role playing reasons for switching alignments relates to alcohol. Easy enout to fall from lawful to neutral.

grarrrg
2013-10-26, 07:31 PM
You didn't think this one through. :smallwink:

Yes, I did.
5 levels of Oracle > 5 levels for curse.
15 levels of Not-Oracle > 7.5 levels for curse.
5 levels of Alt-Favored-Oracle bonus "+1/2 level to curse" > 2.5 levels for curse.

5 + 7.5 + 2.5 = 15
15 is the required level for Immune Nausea.

Now if your DM rounds ALL fractions down ALWAYS, then you'll need 6 levels of Oracle.

Granted, waiting to get Immune Nausea til level 20 probably isn't what they had in mind, but...

Keneth
2013-10-26, 08:00 PM
Yes, I did.

Bah, I knew we were talking about a curse, but for some reason my mind kept going back to mysteries. Looks about right.

Edit: I also suddenly have the urge to play a rage prophet. :smallbiggrin:

grarrrg
2013-10-26, 08:17 PM
Edit: I also suddenly have the urge to play a rage prophet. :smallbiggrin:

Resist that urge...