PDA

View Full Version : Back-up Characters

Kesnit
2013-10-26, 04:46 PM
I was told that it would be a good idea to have a few back-up characters for the 3.5 campaign I'm in. Average party level is 7. (Stats have to be rolled at the table, so I don't know exactly what they will be.)

a) The first idea is Corvo from Dishonored. I have 3 ideas:
1) Either Human Rogue 7/Shadowdancer X or Human Scout 7/Shadowdancer X.
Focus on DEX and INT. Feats: Dodge, Combat Reflexes, Mobility, Quick Draw. (Point Blank Shot if I use Scout.) But there's a lot of powers that I cannot figure out how to simulate. Darkvision is Corvo's Dark Vision. Shadow jump is Blink. I haven't figured out how to simulate Windblast, Bloodthirsty, Bend Time, Devouring Swarm, Shadow Kill, or Possession.

2) My other option for Corvo is pure Warlock.
Darkvision = Devil's sight. (Still can't see through walls, though)
Devouring Swarm = Summon swarm
Blink = Flee the Scene
Possession = Disembodied hand (refluff it some).

b) My second character is a Human Rogue 2/Druid 5/Daggerspell shaper X. (The DM actually uses multi-class penalties, so I have to take a race that won't give a penalty.) Focus on DEX, WIS, and CON.
1) Rogue. TWF, TW Defense (SA +1d6, trapfinding)
2) Rogue. (Evasion)
3) Druid. WF (Dagger). (Animal companion, Nature sense, Wild empathy)
4) Druid. (Woodland stride)
5) Druid. (Trackless step)
6) Druid. Need a feat here. (Resist nature's lure)
7) Druid (Wild shape)
8) DS Shaper (Daggercast, Wild shape)

Skills at LVL 7 (based on INT 10).
Conc. 10
Tumble 10
Move silently 10
Hide 10
Know (nature) 10
Survival 5
Listen 5

c) Finally, is there an arcane caster that casts using WIS? I found a PrC in Magic of Incarnum that combines soulmelds and arcane casting, but the soulmeld class I want to use (Incarnate) uses WIS for meld DCs.

Could someone please point me in the right directions for what I want to do?

jedipilot24
2013-10-26, 05:04 PM
I was told that it would be a good idea to have a few back-up characters for the 3.5 campaign I'm in. Average party level is 7. (Stats have to be rolled at the table, so I don't know exactly what they will be.)

c) Finally, is there an arcane caster that casts using WIS? I found a PrC in Magic of Incarnum that combines soulmelds and arcane casting, but the soulmeld class I want to use (Incarnate) uses WIS for meld DCs.

Could someone please point me in the right directions for what I want to do?

Unfortunately, the only Wis-based Arcane caster is the Unseelie Dark Hunter:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030315a
And that's a Prestige Class.
And you have to join the Fey.

HalfQuart
2013-10-26, 06:09 PM
1) Rogue. TWF, TW Defense (SA +1d6, trapfinding)
2) Rogue. (Evasion)
3) Druid. WF (Dagger). (Animal companion, Nature sense, Wild empathy)
4) Druid. (Woodland stride)
5) Druid. (Trackless step)
6) Druid. Need a feat here. (Resist nature's lure)
7) Druid (Wild shape)
8) DS Shaper (Daggercast, Wild shape)

You might want to delay the second level of Rogue until after you get Druid 5; that way you can take Natural Spell at level 6 (unless that messes up something else). Being able to cast while wild shaped is huge.