PDA

View Full Version : V's Mate [spoiler]

fire_hawk
2007-01-05, 03:34 AM
Could Xykon be V's mate? Maybe V used to love him a while ago, but then Xykon turned evil and so V has never revealed this information in shame? Or maybe V doesn't know he is a lich now, and Xykon is going under a different name than the one he told V... or something...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-05, 04:26 AM
That may work, I thought we may have some elves show up later, in a colony somewhere, and they will met there, but that could be a case, explain why they don't talk about it.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-05, 06:01 AM
That'd be fairly interesting, but I doubt it. It'd either prove V female or gay, and V is probably younger than Xykon has been a lich for, seeing as most liches a really, really old.

DarkCorax
2007-01-05, 06:10 AM
Actually Xykon isn't all that old, he was still human when he killed Roy's Dad's Mentor.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-05, 06:13 AM
Okay, assuming Roy's dad would have been pretty young then- Xykon would have been a lich for about 40 years maybe.

I still doubt V is old(for an elf).

TheAnimal
2007-01-05, 06:24 AM
Actually Xykon isn't all that old, he was still human when he killed Roy's Dad's Mentor.
Which brings up the question about V's age. As far as we know, V could be anything from mere two-digit ages to a couple of hundred years old.

It is unlikely that Xykon is V's mate, however, considering V would put up a heck of a fight (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0385.html) if someone was trying to steal his/her/its/other, what?______s love. I don't see V doing that for Xykon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0114.html).

danielf
2007-01-05, 06:29 AM
i really don't think so

Kaazmodan
2007-01-05, 06:30 AM
Actually, in Origins of the PCs it states pretty clearly that V is 104 years old, which is pretty young for an elf. And then I think it outrules Xykon, as he is simply too old for him/her, as Xykon could very well have been a lich for 40 years, if not more.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-05, 06:42 AM
There we go then. Still, we don't really know how long Xykon has been a lich for, so it isn't definitely ruled out.

TheAnimal
2007-01-05, 06:44 AM
Actually, in Origins of the PCs it states pretty clearly that V is 104 years old, which is pretty young for an elf.
Ah. *kicks himself for not having read OotPCs*.
Figures... V doesn't appear to be particularly experienced or high-ranking for an elf.

And then I think it outrules Xykon, as he is simply too old for him/her, as Xykon could very well have been a lich for 40 years, if not more.
Let's see now, so V would have been ~60 when Xykon became a lich. Well, not entirely impossible if Xykon was a human - he would probably have been around eighty-something by the time he transformed. If he was an elf though, I'm pretty convinced that would have been against their laws, as it would have been considered a child marriage. :tongue:
Didn't V specifically mention being married to another elf?

Iranon
2007-01-05, 08:28 AM
The conversation with Sabine implies that V's mate would only consider other elves, so they are likely to be elven as well.

It's not definite, but enough to make this hypothesis very unlikely.

Amon Star
2007-01-05, 09:14 AM
Actually, in Origins of the PCs it states pretty clearly that V is 104 years old, which is pretty young for an elf.

Apparently, in No Cures for the Paladin Blues, :vaarsuvius:'s age is given differently. In that he/she is a lot older and lied about his/her age on the application form.

although
2007-01-05, 09:40 AM
In strip 126 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0126.html), V claims to have "studied magic for a century before I mastered my first spell." This might be a bit of exageration for effect, though, since V is angry at the idea that Elan could take a level of wizard with no prior study...

Regardless of the timing of their lifespans, the idea of a romantic history between V and Xykon strikes me as vanishingly unlikely.

Mawhrin Skel
2007-01-05, 12:19 PM
Still, we don't really know how long Xykon has been a lich for

He claims not to have been alive for 30 years. Panel 5.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0117.html

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-05, 12:57 PM
:tongue:
Okay, wrong again.
So how old is V? Or doesn't it say?

Setra
2007-01-05, 05:00 PM
What if his mate is Lirian?

Nixie
2007-01-05, 05:44 PM
A very plausible idea... how long ago would that be?

And if V so, then V would be male, assuming V is straight.

zeratul
2007-01-07, 04:02 PM
Could Xykon be V's mate? Maybe V used to love him a while ago, but then Xykon turned evil and so V has never revealed this information in shame? Or maybe V doesn't know he is a lich now, and Xykon is going under a different name than the one he told V... or something...

no way xykon isnt that deep a character hes purely evil and out to conqor the world and since V is good he couldent be her/his mate. Also V's mate isnt dead or at least wasnt when she went of with the oots.

Khantalas
2007-01-07, 04:17 PM
What makes V so good?

PirateMonk
2007-01-07, 04:25 PM
Wait... when did V have an opportunity to get married? According to Origins, V became an apprentice and stayed in the tower for several decades, before going out and joining the Order... unless his/her master, Aarindarius, was the mate...

Wiione
2007-01-07, 04:40 PM
According to Wikipedia, V is 130.

Shott
2007-01-07, 10:11 PM
One day I will eventually purchase Origins. I feel like I miss so much.

Haruki-kun
2007-01-07, 10:35 PM
That'd be fairly interesting, but I doubt it. It'd either prove V female or gay, and V is probably younger than Xykon has been a lich for, seeing as most liches a really, really old.

I agree
sorry, everyone,but as much as I love discssingthe possibilities of V beeing either male or female, I honestly hope his/her Gender is NEVER revealed. It's probably the oldest and best recurring joke in OOTS, why ruin it?

Setra
2007-01-08, 12:04 AM
You know.. I was watching Hellsing earlier.. and I could have sworn Integra(?) I have no clue how to spell her name, was male, for at least 5 episodes.

It just reminded me of V's gender role for some reason.

Skippy
2007-01-08, 02:22 AM
You spelled Integra all right... She is quite androgynous too, you're right... But you get to know her at some point, and there goes all speculations... I think the forum wouldn't be the same without this particular theme...

Darke
2007-01-08, 02:52 AM
well i think that xykon is just another generic villain and that in a later episode v's mate will also be of unknown gender.

teratorn
2007-01-08, 05:53 AM
well i think that xykon is just another generic villain and that in a later episode v's mate will also be of unknown gender.

From one of the sacred books
"regarding V's mate: male? female? equally androgynous? hermaphroditic? All I'm saying is tha V's mate WILL be seen before the strip has run its course."
Giant dixit, Paladin Blues, comments to round 5

fire_hawk
2007-01-08, 06:00 AM
Hmmm, this whole thread gives way to a new prediction - what if the four words she speaks are, "I want a divorce"? But I'll save that for another thread.