PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.X] Plant template

The Insanity
2013-10-27, 04:51 PM
Are there any decent but low cost templates (meaning low CR) that give you the plant type? I'm making a character that became a plant-man and has a dryad bonded to him (instead of a tree) so he has to be plant-like.

shaddy_24
2013-10-27, 06:28 PM
Monster Manual III has the Woodling template. It's worth +2 CR, +3 LA. Doesn't give plant type, but gives most plant traits. You're immune to poison, magic sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, mind effecting spells and abilities and critical hits. You get some spell like abilities depending on hit dice too.

gurgleflep
2013-10-27, 06:33 PM
A book entitled Advanced Bestiary, published by Green Ronin, has the "half-plant" template, it's +1 LA and seems pretty cool from the quick look-over I just gave it.

Edit: Same book, template known as bramble. +1 CR, +2 LA, it also looks intriguing and like it may be of some help to you.

Edit 2: Fungal, gives a +2 to LA.
The templates in this book have examples, some have multiple examples.

stack
2013-10-27, 07:41 PM
According the the race point buy in PF's advanced races guide you can make a plant race for 10 RP. Which is ridiculous given their immunities.

Elric VIII
2013-10-27, 08:27 PM
Would Volodni work? It's not a template, but it's a CR +1/LA+2 humanoid-looking plant race from Unapproachable East (p80) that gets some nice bonuses, including half damage from piercing. It has +2 Wis/Con and -2 Int/Cha so it fits right into a good druid stat array.

The Insanity
2013-10-28, 05:17 AM
I need templates.
Woodling looks good. Only problem is that it doesn't change the type, which is kinda weird as it already does give most if not all plant traits.

Demonic_Spoon
2013-10-28, 05:56 AM
Greenbound Creature from Lost Empires of Faerun may be what you're looking for.

Vaz
2013-10-28, 06:05 AM
I need templates.
Woodling looks good. Only problem is that it doesn't change the type, which is kinda weird as it already does give most if not all plant traits.

That is arguably better. It means that you can still be affected by things like Enlarge Person, but as you are immune to Mind Affecting, the weaknesses of the usual Humanoid type, like Hold Person etc have no effect on you.

Out of interest: why?

The Insanity
2013-10-28, 11:42 AM
Why what? hghhhhghggh