PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt

AzureKnight
2013-10-27, 06:16 PM
I was asked a question today and answered it as thus...

Q. If I play a gestalt fighter, wizard, can I use fighter feats after level 2 for my wizard class since it is a blend of 2 classes?

My answer, I dont think so as they are supposed to be bonus fighter feats.

Is this corect or am i missing the point of gestalts?

Waker
2013-10-27, 06:22 PM
The Fighter Bonus feats specify a list a feats available, as well as several feats in additional books that specify they can be chosen as Fighter Bonus feats. You cannot choose any feats not designated as a Fighter Bonus feat. Similarly, the bonus feats available every 5 Wizard levels cannot be used to take a non-Metamagic, Item Creation or Spell Mastery feat.

Gnaeus
2013-10-27, 07:01 PM
Although you CAN use fighter bonus feats in ways that help you as a wizard. In core, Improved Initiative is always good. Weapon focus Ray or Touch and Improved Critical ray or touch are also good. You can use alter self and later polymorph to assume the form of something with claws or bite, and take fighter bonus feats to help those attacks. Outside core, Martial study and martial stance are good for a number of wizardish things (especially since as a wizard you will have a good concentration).

herrhauptmann
2013-10-27, 07:04 PM
I was asked a question today and answered it as thus...

Q. If I play a gestalt fighter, wizard, can I use fighter feats after level 2 for my wizard class since it is a blend of 2 classes?

My answer, I dont think so as they are supposed to be bonus fighter feats.

Is this corect or am i missing the point of gestalts?

Your fighter bonus feats and wizard bonus feats are separate lists.
You can't take wizard feats when you reach fighter 4/6/8/10/etc.
Normally, you can't take fighter feats at wizard 5/10/15/20, you have to take feats from the wizard bonus feat list.

There is a wizard alternate class feature which gives you fighter feats in place of your wizard feats. Which means at wiz 1/5/10/15/20 you grab a feat off the fighter list. But that's a choice made at level 1, (choose wizard list, or fighter list) and it prevents you from getting your metamagic/item creation feats as bonuses at level 5/10/15/20.
If you do that, and go wizard5//fighter5, then yes, you could conceivably take weapon spec at wizard 5.