PDA

View Full Version : optimized 6th level warband

Elvenoutrider
2013-10-27, 06:21 PM
Dear playgrounders, for my current campaign my party is essentially involved in a hunger game style tournament established by the gods of chaos. This is a vast ly simplified description of what is going on but it is essentially the campaign. The party has made it to fifth level and consists of a samaurai, ninja, rogue, master summoner, healer cleric, and magus.

I plan to have a filler challenge to level them up to 6 when they will fight the next party though I am currently not sure what to have them fight. I was wondering if any of you knew any classes or archtypes that optimized at this level. The party is highly optimized and een though I have set my goal for each warband encounter to be a tpk the party has gotten out each time so feel free to not pull punches.

My gming style may be unorthadox but so far I have received nothing but positive feedback from my players so I know they are enjoying the extra challenge

Randomguy
2013-10-27, 06:53 PM
Is this PF only or PF + 3.5?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-27, 07:01 PM
Not sure if you want this 3.5 or Pathfinder or both. Also not sure if you want a party to face them or a single opponent. I only do 3.5, so here's a single opponent who could have a few basic Lizardfolk or even Blackscale Lizardfolk (MM3) as backup:

Cyan, a female Draconic Magic-Blooded Desert Kobold (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#desertKobolds) Sorcerer 6, +1 LA bought off (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm). She has many of the physical characteristics of a blue dragon.
Str -2, Dex +2, Con +2, Wis -4, Cha +4, expanded Kobold traits (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a), Draconic Creature (Draconomicon, RotD) traits, +2 natural armor.
Elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8): Str 6, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Skills: Concentration 9 ranks, Spellcraft 9 ranks.
Feats: Fell Drain Spell, Draconic Reserve, Practical Metamagic: Fell Drain Spell.
Special: Draconic Rite of Passage (RotD): Nerveskitter 3/day; Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (above WotC link, bottom of the page): +1 level of Sorcerer spellcasting.
Items (5600 gp for 6th level NPC): Healing Belt (MIC, 750), Anklet of Translocation (MIC, 1400), Amber Amulet of Vermin: Giant Wasp (MIC, 800), Eternal Wand of Endure Elements (MIC, 820), Eternal Wand of Benign Transposition (MIC, 820), small masterwork/mundane Quarterstaff with two wand chambers (Dungeonscape, 500), Spell Component Pouch (PHB, 5), Bitterleaf Oil x4 (RotD, 100), Potion of Faith Healing (Tiamat) x4 (SC, 200), 205 gp remaining for mundane gear.
Sorcerer 7 spells/day: 6/8/7/5, DC 15 + spell level, caster level 7.
Sorcerer spells known (7/5/3/2):
0- Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Dancing Lights, Mage Hand, Stick, Prestidigitation
1st- Power Word: Pain (RotD), Mage Armor, Shield, Grease, Wall of Smoke (SC)
2nd- Web, Wings of Cover (RotD), Kelgore's Grave Mist (PH2)
3rd- Bands of Steel (SC), Dispel Magic

Tactics: Use the Wand of Endure Elements each day. If aware of an impending battle, buff with Mage Armor and Shield. Nerveskitter herself for initiative. Against multiple opponents first cast Web if it can be anchored, otherwise use Wall of Smoke. Next use Fell Drain Kelgore's Grave Mist, opponents in the mist gain a negative level per round, so Web is preferable. Follow up by using Fell Drain Power Word Pain on each opponent who escapes the mist, it deals a negative level per round. If against a single opponent, start with Bands of Steel, then Fell Drain Power Word Pain.

Elvenoutrider
2013-10-27, 07:07 PM
system is pathfinder but it wouldn't be the first time I worked in some 3.5. I will definitely look into using this lizardfolk character