PDA

View Full Version : Watch_Dogs delayed...

Morgarion
2013-10-28, 07:44 AM
It's not coming out until next spring! I just found out. I'm in shock. I guess it looked too good to know that we wouldn't be getting it on time.

Ugh. Of the three games that I was really looking forward to this year, Watch_Dogs was the most exciting. I don't know what I should get myself for Christmas now. Is there anything else worthwhile coming out soon?

Cristo Meyers
2013-10-28, 09:11 AM
It's not coming out until next spring! I just found out. I'm in shock. I guess it looked too good to know that we wouldn't be getting it on time.

Ugh. Of the three games that I was really looking forward to this year, Watch_Dogs was the most exciting. I don't know what I should get myself for Christmas now. Is there anything else worthwhile coming out soon?

Yeah, I found out about that last week or so. Sucks, I was looking forward to playing it come November.

Arkham Origins came out last Friday and Assassin's Creed 4 comes out tomorrow. The XCOM expansion comes out in mid-November.

Morgarion
2013-10-28, 11:36 AM
I had the first Assassin's Creed. I might still have it. I do remember feeling disappointed with it, considering how popular and highly lauded the series is.

Brother Oni
2013-10-28, 12:34 PM
I had the first Assassin's Creed. I might still have it. I do remember feeling disappointed with it, considering how popular and highly lauded the series is.

The first AC is a bit ropey, I agree with you. The second is a massive improvement and well worth getting.

AC: Brotherhood is generally regarded as the best of the series thus far.

Cristo Meyers
2013-10-28, 12:43 PM
The first AC is a bit ropey, I agree with you. The second is a massive improvement and well worth getting.

AC: Brotherhood is generally regarded as the best of the series thus far.

Agreed. I played the first one and my first thought was actually "This is it?" It was good, sure, but you could be forgiven for thinking it was supposed to be so much better. My wife bought me the Ezio Trilogy for my birthday later and I found those to be much more to my liking: much less clunky, combat that was more than just get attacked-counter-kill over and over, less inadvertantly running off of buildings, being able to bloody swim :smallsigh:

Not sure I would consider Brotherhood the best of the series, I'd probably go with 2. The Assassin Recruit stuff just felt tacked on to me.

Crow
2013-10-29, 12:44 AM
Better late than unfinished at release. Here's to a polished game on release day. :D

Brother Oni
2013-10-29, 07:35 AM
Not sure I would consider Brotherhood the best of the series, I'd probably go with 2. The Assassin Recruit stuff just felt tacked on to me.

I agree it's debatable. I preferred Brotherhood as it finally ironed out all the kinks in the control system, although the story and setup for AC2 was better, particularly if you took the Lineage short series into account.

Revelations went too far in the mechanics direction and gave you too much choice - I don't remember using the hookblade techniques in combat at all or much use out of the grenades.

AC3 suffered mainly because Connor doesn't have the charisma of Ezio - another game or a bit more DLC to flesh out his character more would improved it significantly in my opinion (I think someone on the the board mentioned Connor taking a holiday to France and getting involved with the French Revolution and seeing what fanaticism can lead to).

Cristo Meyers
2013-10-29, 07:45 AM
Better late than unfinished at release. Here's to a polished game on release day. :D

Very true, it's just disappointing. This was the one game I was very much looking forward to, which is rare for me.

I agree it's debatable. I preferred Brotherhood as it finally ironed out all the kinks in the control system, although the story and setup for AC2 was better, particularly if you took the Lineage short series into account.

Revelations went too far in the mechanics direction and gave you too much choice - I don't remember using the hookblade techniques in combat at all or much use out of the grenades.

AC3 suffered mainly because Connor doesn't have the charisma of Ezio - another game or a bit more DLC to flesh out his character more would improved it significantly in my opinion (I think someone on the the board mentioned Connor taking a holiday to France and getting involved with the French Revolution and seeing what fanaticism can lead to).

That would've been BRC. Man's got good ideas.

I just found Revelations completely forgettable, probably because I'd played it right on the heels of Brotherhood and I'm pretty sure I finished it in about two days. It was like they just re-hashed Brotherhood, just with what looked like some kind of strange Ezio/Vincent Price hybrid instead of Ezio (I know the guy's aged, but come on, he just looked weird). I honestly liked 3 more, warts and all.

GolemsVoice
2013-10-29, 07:56 AM
Very true, it's just disappointing. This was the one game I was very much looking forward to, which is rare for me.

Still, in this age of buggy releases, I prefer to wait, evne if it is indeed disappointing.

Regarding AC: I made the msitake of playing 1 after 2, so that ruined it for me. I found them all to be great fun, though, from the sheer game, because I never really got tired of running, jumping and assassinating folks. The story had it's high and low points over the series, and I agree that AC 2 is probably the best story-wise, while for me, AC3 is the best features-wise.

Morgarion
2013-10-29, 11:22 AM
I'm also glad that they had the good sense to delay so they could deliver a quality product, but I don't know that I've seen a delay so close to the scheduled release. I'm sure that there have been other cases of closer delays. I wonder how they could get so close before they realized they wouldn't be able to make it.

Now, as for Assassin's Creed, I think I'm going to continue to steer clear from the franchise. I looked back into it and I just don't get it. Maybe I'll change my mind if I happen across one of the more recent installments for cheap at a Gamestop one of these days.