PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with gestalting. Maybe Druid//Dragon Shaman?

dascarletm
2013-10-28, 12:07 PM
So here is the deal. (recap at the end for those who want to skip the fluff)

I've got a game I'll be joining soon, and my initial ideas for a character concept needs to be redone (starting level is 4 and we are going to potentially lvl 20)

The Premise:

The campaign will revolve around a small town. This small town is located in a central location, in between two larger kingdoms. It has the potential to be a trade hub. It however is not under either kingdoms rule. The characters are going to be building this town up and making it better. Currently they have no real leadership positions. The other two players want a heroic knight type of theme to the group. They were considering eventually running knightly orders based in the town. One of the players (Player 1) is going to be more available than myself or the other player (Player 2), so he'll be a more main character type role, while myself and P2 have decided to be more supporting character roles.

Player 1 (The main character):

His character is a LG Knight//Duskblade. His motivations as far as I know are to protect the town, and build it up.

Player 2:

From what I hear, this guy will be playing a Wizard//Paladin (or other knightly type class). That is all I know.

Myself:

Stats rolled by GM:
18, 17, 15, 14, 10, 4(:smalleek:)
I was going to play a character who would be the hard decision maker. While still devoted to the people, and the other players, he would have no qualms destroying all who threaten them. He would gladly sacrifice his life for those he wishes to protect, but wouldn't mind burning a rival factions town to the ground, non-combatants and combatants alike. My original concept had Dragon Shaman of an evil dragon on one side. He would of been from a tribal community that worshiped the dragon. When the dragon's upset at the tribe caused it to destroy almost all of the people, he decided to destroy dragons instead, while using their power to do it. However, the other players want me to play someone a little more heroic, and said I should play a platinum knight instead (which I'm not all that into).

So I've been brainstorming ideas, and would like to keep a similar background to what I had before. I would also like to compliment the rest of the party. Here are a couple ideas I had.

Druid 4//Monk 2/ Dragon Shaman 2 (keep druid full and dip around on the other side)

Cloistered Cleric 4// Scout 4 (get travel devotion etc.)

As far as that 4 on my stats is concerned, I was debating saying that my face was horribly burnt during the dragon attack, and thus cha 4. OR put it into str and druid around like nobody's business.

Recap:

I'm joining a game with 2 other players, one of which who will be more of the main character (P1)

P1: Duskblade//Knight
P2: Wizard//Paladin(or something similar)
Myself: Undecided. I was going to go with a dragon shaman, or similar type character with a dark twist, but would like something with divine support yet feels somewhat knightish. Platinum knight is suggested by P1, but I'm wary of it. I'd like to be proficient in killing dragons as well as buff/support, bonus points for dragon themed things.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Even if they are off the wall, and don't really fit the concept I'd still like to hear them.

Allowed/Disallowed Material:

No Dragon Mag
No Psionics
I think anything else is allowed, but it'll need to be on a case by case basis