PDA

View Full Version : The Evil Warriors or how Skeletor will take ove my D&D game...

Xaotiq1
2013-10-28, 01:15 PM
So, I'm running a game and needed inspiration for an evil organization with which to bully my PC's. I was pouring through some old notes and found some inspiration. Of course, we're talking AD&D 2nd Edition old notes. So, update time.

Essentially, I'm building what I consider the most important ten of the "Evil Warriors" from the Masters of the Universe cartoon. My primary source will be the 2002 Mike Young Productions version. Now I know that building from movies & TV isn't the best idea; but I think I can make this work.

Here's a list of possible builds that I have worked out. What I seek are suggestions for improvements on or replacements for the builds I have in mind. Your input comes greatly appreciated!

Skeletor: Necropolitain human Cleric 6/Crusader2/RKV10

Panthor: I'm on the fence about making him simply a Wild Cohort or making him an awakened panther with some rogue levels.

Evillynn: Phrenic human Warmage 16

Beastman: Not sure on the race. I though about bugbear or shifter. Something (I would LOVE to be able to do Totemist here, but skill prereqs for BHA. :smallmad:) x/Beast Heart Adept

Trapjaw: Warforged Factotum 8

Triclops: Human Artificer (Hordeficer) 8

Clawful: Half-giant Totemist 6/Barb 1/Totem Rager 1

Whiplash: Anthro-Crocodile Barb 2/Warblade 4

Merman: Sahuagin Cleric OR Martial Adept 10

Two-Bad: Ettin OR orge with the multi-headed template.

Webstor: Ettercap Rogue 6

Spikor: Spiker (PlH) Warblade 6

Any advice I can get on these is, again, greatly appreciated.

Oh, a couple more details, the group is currently level 5. They are low to medium on optimization. The campaign MIGHT run into epic levels if I don't burn out. Thank you!

Grayson01
2013-10-28, 01:51 PM
For beast man I would go with Shifter Ranger maybe PrC in to Animal Lord. Add in a few shifter feats, maybe extra shifter trait. Why did you go Warmage for Evilynn I would have went Sorc and focused more on illision and enchantment for her maybe a few blaster spells.

Xaotiq1
2013-10-28, 02:13 PM
Grayson. I went warmage to more match the optimization level of the group. But I see your point. We'll see how things go between the next couple levels. If the PC's start synergizing and in general stepping up their game I can make changes. Any other thoughts??

Ignominia
2013-10-28, 03:09 PM
...Thank you for this... I have just no words. How did I miss the idea of using Skeletor as an enemy!

Now if I can only figure out someway to incorporate Mum-ra and Hordak...:smallamused:

Xaotiq1
2013-10-28, 03:50 PM
...Thank you for this... I have just no words. How did I miss the idea of using Skeletor as an enemy!

Now if I can only figure out someway to incorporate Mum-ra and Hordak...:smallamused:

Glad to be of service.

Hey, anyone know how to get a Ranger or Druid access to Charm/Dominate monster??

Phelix-Mu
2013-10-29, 01:09 PM
I think both charm and dominate are on the list of Half-Fey template SLAs. I think warlock has access to a charm invocation. And I'd be surprised if one of the binder vestiges doesn't offer something similar (though I am far from expert in that field); there are binding related feats that allow non-binders to pick up some of the vestige powers (only the lower level ones, though).

I'm sure I'm missing some of the more common methods here, especially for the ranger. I am not hip to all of the Sword of the Arcane Order/Southern Magician type no jitsu for manipulating/expanding spell lists.

Good luck. This sounds like an interesting enterprise.

Red Fel
2013-10-29, 01:13 PM

Oh mai gao.

If you stat Mumm-Ra, I must see the stats. I must see them so much.

Xaotiq1
2013-10-30, 11:50 AM
Oh mai gao.

If you stat Mumm-Ra, I must see the stats. I must see them so much.

I hate to say it, but Mumm-ra seems best as a cleric who pre-buffs with an over the top verbal component to DMM Persisted Divine Power. I'll see about it though after I get done with the Evil Warriors.

Red Fel
2013-10-30, 12:01 PM
I hate to say it, but Mumm-ra seems best as a cleric who pre-buffs with an over the top verbal component to DMM Persisted Divine Power. I'll see about it though after I get done with the Evil Warriors.

Yeah, the Big Band-Aid has always struck me as a Cleric of the Ancient Spirits of Evil. Likely some hybrid of a Mummy and a Lich (Dry Lich, perhaps?), with the Sarcophagus as his Phylactery, and a special Flaw that limits the time he can spend away from it. (And another one for the fear of his own reflection.) Wouldn't be surprised if he's a gestalt Cleric, though, or otherwise found some way to gain arcane spellcasting levels. He probably also has Leadership, and DR/holy.

Xaotiq1
2013-11-03, 05:27 PM
Yeah, the Big Band-Aid has always struck me as a Cleric of the Ancient Spirits of Evil. Likely some hybrid of a Mummy and a Lich (Dry Lich, perhaps?), with the Sarcophagus as his Phylactery, and a special Flaw that limits the time he can spend away from it. (And another one for the fear of his own reflection.) Wouldn't be surprised if he's a gestalt Cleric, though, or otherwise found some way to gain arcane spellcasting levels. He probably also has Leadership, and DR/holy.

Heh, Mumm-ra as an epic Binder. I'll let you ponder that for a bit. :cool:

Also, anyone got advice about Panthor??

Xaotiq1
2013-11-06, 11:17 PM
Just a bump, but still looking for that input!