PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Home 16 - Home is Where the Phylactery is

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Beans
2013-10-28, 02:05 PM
There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located Inside, near the Black Dragon's Den.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Inside civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

134 Ninja Drive - a 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja. Player: Mindfreak586

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Crimson Tempest -
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/Other/airship_1896.jpg
The ship was designed with the above image as a base.
The most prominent feature, the flame ring, has been pushed forward towards the front of the ship, while a secondary, lesser flame ring was inserted towards the back. Auxiliary and surplus power supply.
Barriers, that can be turned off as necessary, are constructed around the rings to protect them from light attack.
Primary Elemental Entrapment Ring - PEER
Secondary Elemental Entrapment Ring - SEER
Cannons are installed along the ship, each connected to small elemental rift-batteries to the plane of fire, that allow them to launch bursts of augmented flame in projectile form.
The various rooms within the ship have been magically altered to be Larger On The Inside.
This allows for more ships in a smaller space, keeping the ship's fairly lean. (Player: VampireRot)

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Hallowmere Lake: Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl (players: Happyturtle and Wolfbane)

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
Player: Kid Kris
Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
Further Description, may update. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7286792&postcount=7)

Jake Stevenson's Home: In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a day bed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home. (player: Happyturtle)

Javert's House - It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves. (player: singingnoodle)

Julie's Place - An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate reknown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord. (player: Slii Arhem)

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Marty's: This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.
Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak (players: singingnoodle, Agate 86)

Nabrius' Domain - Located in the depths of Hell, Nabrius' home is rather comfy despite its location. A fireplace provides most of the light in the room. The low, crackling hellfire lights up the carpets floor and the comfy chair and love seat off to the side On the left wall is a small bar, well stocked with wines and champagne, along with some harder drinks. Directly opposite of the fireplace is a bed. Red silk sheets cover it, a curtain hangs ready to be drawn around it, and it's easily large enough for two people to move around freely. The only exit from the room is a single, windowless door opposite of the bar. A small sword rack hangs on the door by the wall, able to hold a single blade. Player: Gulaghar

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Silvery ship: It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet. (player: Lost Deep)

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

154 Oceanside Drive
An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.
Player: Felandria

The Intermission
The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.
Player: Beans

Home 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131051)
Home 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149502)
Home 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9174317#post9174317)
Home 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179236)
Home 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187415)
Home 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201813)
Home 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211808)
Home 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214979)
Home 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222675)
Home 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226203)
Home 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233483)
Home 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249620)
Home 13 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258924)
Home 14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277236)
Home 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295498)

Beans
2013-10-28, 02:07 PM
[Seiner's Place]

99 returns the kiss, cautiously, and shifts to be atop Seiner as she had indicated a moment ago, squeezing her hand once, and pauses, remembering something, eyes looking faraway.

((Seems fitting))
Cuddling her warmly, Seiner kisses the top of her head. Whatcha thinkin' 'bout, sweets?

Recaiden
2013-10-28, 02:14 PM
[Seiner's Home]

99 giggles and smiles down at her friend. "I remembered something, someone, and I had my old name, for a moment. It's gone again now, but, still..." The text here is unable to properly convey how excited the vampire seems.

Beans
2013-10-28, 03:37 PM
[Seiner's Home]

99 giggles and smiles down at her friend. "I remembered something, someone, and I had my old name, for a moment. It's gone again now, but, still..." The text here is unable to properly convey how excited the vampire seems.

Seiner gives a little squee at her sweetheart's adorable excitement. That's lovely, hon. I bet you'll remember again soon! She nuzzles her, kissing her cheeks and rubbing her back softly.

Murkus
2013-10-28, 06:26 PM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Where you come from. Different worlds have different laws. I worked out the equations for how those laws of physics combine in the Nexus without everything exploding, and I can harness any law of physics I choose. So I use the ones that are beneficial."

"I don't think there are many strict 'laws' of physics in the Nexus. Gravity is the only one that seems to work consistently. It's unsettling, at times," Tina says with a grin, sipping her wine. Ooo, that is good. "But I love how crazy this place is."

Lady Serpentine
2013-10-28, 10:20 PM
((Pretty sure you missed my last post, Beans~))

Beans
2013-10-28, 10:23 PM
[Intermission] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSGxVBBOKeE)
"'Sides, I thought you liked me like this?"
Kary giggles, playfully buffeting her wife with a wing as she hugs her, smiling brightly.
---
[Maeve's]
Maeve smiles gently at her, nodding.
"That sounds like a lovely idea to me..."
She leans in to carefully pick up her lover, cradling her close as she carries her upstairs.
[Intermission]
Zwei grins. I do, but you have to agree which of us is the comfiest. She pokes Tsiln, who giggles and bats away her hand.

Carrie finally returns! Everything okay, girls?
---
[Maeve's]
Khair is light as always, meeping softly as she's lifted and carried!

Recaiden
2013-10-28, 11:14 PM
[Seiner's Home]

Seiner gives a little squee at her sweetheart's adorable excitement. That's lovely, hon. I bet you'll remember again soon! She nuzzles her, kissing her cheeks and rubbing her back softly.

"With you around, I'm sure. Oh, but I should worry about the present." 99 leans down to give the reminding Seiner a kiss on the forehead and run a hand down her side, then back to a wide grin.

Beans
2013-10-28, 11:15 PM
[Seiner's Home]
Seiner kisses back, stroking her girlfriend's hair. C'mere, you... wanna snuggle up under the covers and get extra cozy?

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 12:48 AM
[Seiner's (She should open a pub with that name)]

99 nods and slides off the bed, to give space to do just that. "Gladly." It should be warm!

Beans
2013-10-29, 12:50 AM
[Seiner's (or she could just take over the cigar lounge and start from there)]
She pulls the covers back, snuggles down in, and helps her girlfriend snuggle in with her.
Mmmmmmmm, that's nice...

GrandDM
2013-10-29, 02:29 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]
"I don't think there are many strict 'laws' of physics in the Nexus. Gravity is the only one that seems to work consistently. It's unsettling, at times," Tina says with a grin, sipping her wine. Ooo, that is good. "But I love how crazy this place is."

"Oh, they're all in flux, I'll admit, but they're measurable and workable. Most of the concrete physical laws are just the averages of all the connected worlds, like gravity and magnetism and so on, but the more esoteric ones... in simple terms, everyone carries their own physics field which contains their own personal laws of physics that lets them keep their powers. When you use those powers on other people, the fields interact, which is why an empath from one universe and a telepath from a completely different one who work on completely different principles can still have a mental battle. For example."

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 08:15 AM
Cigars]

99 snuggles into the bed beside her. "Well, it has you. So of course."

Beans
2013-10-29, 08:31 AM
Cigars]

99 snuggles into the bed beside her. "Well, it has you. So of course."

[Seiner's Place]
She giggles, cuddling her sweetheart close and rubbing her back. Awww, you're sweet.

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 08:44 AM
Embarrassment, blushing, smiling. Seiner will find 99 rubbing her neck and/or, more likely, playing with her hair again. And a sudden question, "Dear, do you need to sleep?"

Beans
2013-10-29, 08:50 AM
Embarrassment, blushing, smiling. Seiner will find 99 rubbing her neck and/or, more likely, playing with her hair again. And a sudden question, "Dear, do you need to sleep?"
[Seiner's]
She nods. Not, like immediately, but yeah---I go all sneepy on a regular schedule.
... Sneepy? Really, Seiner? :U

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 09:08 AM
[Seiner's]

99 holds back laughter at that. "Just wondering. We do too, when it's light, and it's getting to...'Sneepy'?"

Beans
2013-10-29, 09:10 AM
[Sneepy's]
Seiner blushes a little. ... I can be cute too. Shut up. She fake-pouts for about a second, then breaks and just kisses her head.

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 09:32 AM
[Sneepy's Cigars]

99 shakes her head minutely, teasing, "I'm the cute one.", and goes to return the kiss.

Beans
2013-10-29, 09:34 AM
[Seiner's]
Seiner grins, nuzzling her head. Yes you are, sweetheart. You are always the cute one for me.

Gullara
2013-10-29, 10:44 AM
Edijar's Home

Edijar can't help but chuckle before slipping over to Charity to give her a quick kiss. "I would have invited Basil too, but I think I'd have been outclassed." He teases back before gesturing to the guests. "These are Ignai and Astrid. Ignai is the one I've hired and they came over to learn some more details about the job and I just finished explaining to them about the Rune. Ignai, Astrid, this is my girlfriend Charity Evans."

"Nice to meet you. I badly need a shower, so I'll see you again in a bit." Since she started working as a medic, she needs the ritual of a long hot shower to put the day behind her. She returns Edijar's kiss and heads off down the hall.

((Skip me for now, and Charity will re-enter the scene when she's done.))

Edijar's Home

Astrid looks back between Edijar and Ignai. "Yeah I wouldn't think a tattoo would be so bad. I've even thought about getting one a couple of times." She never really settled on a design or had the extra money for one so never got around to actually getting one. Still a tattoo seems a lot less freaky then getting the rune scarred into you.

[Edijar's Home]

And a lot less painful too. "I can't say I've thought of getting one, but if it'll help I'd gladly do it. I just... I don't want to have to live in constant fear that I'm going to hurt someone anymore." Hurt someone again. Ignai adds silently.

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 12:27 PM
[Seiner's]

Seiner grins, nuzzling her head. Yes you are, sweetheart. You are always the cute one for me.

99 nuzzles back and gives the not yet sneepy girl a tight hug. "You're too nice, you know that?"

Beans
2013-10-29, 12:59 PM
[Seiner's]
99 nuzzles back and gives the not yet sneepy girl a tight hug. "You're too nice, you know that?"
She hugs back, kissing her girlfriend's head. Awww, thanks, sugar. You're not bad yourself.

Murkus
2013-10-29, 01:06 PM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Oh, they're all in flux, I'll admit, but they're measurable and workable. Most of the concrete physical laws are just the averages of all the connected worlds, like gravity and magnetism and so on, but the more esoteric ones... in simple terms, everyone carries their own physics field which contains their own personal laws of physics that lets them keep their powers. When you use those powers on other people, the fields interact, which is why an empath from one universe and a telepath from a completely different one who work on completely different principles can still have a mental battle. For example."

"Now you're gettin' over my head. The laws of physics apply... individually? That's nuts. That's wacko," Tina blinks a few times. "It makes magic seem a little more... I dunno, sensible, I guess. But why? Why do they apply to an individual? I mean, what does your average joe have in relevance to the laws of the universe?"

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 03:04 PM
[Seiner's Home]

99 sighs happily and lays down flat, keeping her eyes on Seiner beside her. "I try."

Beans
2013-10-29, 03:10 PM
[Seiner's Home]

99 sighs happily and lays down flat, keeping her eyes on Seiner beside her. "I try."
She giggles softly, rubbing her girlfriend's back... or stomach, depending on what way she's laying. Rolling over, she nestles her head on 99's shoulder.
Mmmh, I love being with you.

Recaiden
2013-10-29, 03:45 PM
[Seiner's House - Room with a Door]

99 laughs and twitches away from the stomach rub, ticklish. Might sadly drop Seiner's head to the pillows. "I love that I can be with you, that you want me here."

Beans
2013-10-29, 04:32 PM
[Seiner's House]
She squirms her head back on, just laying her arm across 99's stomach now. I love how I feel when I get to be near you.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 12:23 AM
[Seiner's House]

"That I can be that...heh. As near as you want." 99 slides back a bit closer to Seiner, leaning her head aside to be together.

Beans
2013-10-30, 12:28 AM
[Seiner's]
She grins, cuddling nice and close.
Mmmmm, well, I want you to be this kinda near... like... a lot.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 12:32 AM
[Seiner's]

Cuddles! "Isn't that part of what we've agreed?" Said teasing, not confused. "I plan to be around."

Beans
2013-10-30, 12:39 AM
[Seiner's]

Cuddles! "Isn't that part of what we've agreed?" Said teasing, not confused. "I plan to be around."

Good, 'cause I plan to be warm and cozy and I'd love to share... She sighs happily, stroking 99's hair. Never expected to fall for anyone so fast, but it's so nice.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 12:46 AM
"So long as we're fallen together, it will be." Shrinking down to whispers, are they? It makes 99 wonder, just why she's been fallen for. Must be lots of parts, some of which she can see, but she wouldn't fall for herself, so it must always be a bit strange. "I'll be glad to join in the warmth and coziness."

Beans
2013-10-30, 12:54 AM
[Seiner's]
Eventually, Seiner appears to achieve a state of sneepiness.
Mmm... gonna have a little nap, I think~

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 12:59 AM
[Seiner's]

Success? "Sweet dreams, dear." 99 asks if she should go then, but would be more than happy to rest here with her.

Beans
2013-10-30, 01:03 AM
[Seiner's]
The Fangire girl has no intention, apparently, of letting go; she nestles into 99's warmth as she dozes off into gentle snores and soft smiles.

GrandDM
2013-10-30, 02:19 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Now you're gettin' over my head. The laws of physics apply... individually? That's nuts. That's wacko," Tina blinks a few times. "It makes magic seem a little more... I dunno, sensible, I guess. But why? Why do they apply to an individual? I mean, what does your average joe have in relevance to the laws of the universe?"

"Normally, they don't. But think about it - people from any and all universe drop into the Nexus, and all their powers still work perfectly, even though they should be dependent on the laws of their parent universe. The only explanation for that is a personal physics field, and the maths checks out.

But please don't talk to me about magic. I hate magic. It breaks the laws of physics with wild abandon. There are a few sorts that follow proper rules, but the majority of it just does impossible things. I'm not even going to start, because then I'll just rant for the next half-hour."

UncleWolf
2013-10-30, 11:51 AM
[Edijar's Home]

And a lot less painful too. "I can't say I've thought of getting one, but if it'll help I'd gladly do it. I just... I don't want to have to live in constant fear that I'm going to hurt someone anymore." Hurt someone again. Ignai adds silently.

Edijar's Home

Astrid looks back between Edijar and Ignai. "Yeah I wouldn't think a tattoo would be so bad. I've even thought about getting one a couple of times." She never really settled on a design or had the extra money for one so never got around to actually getting one. Still a tattoo seems a lot less freaky then getting the rune scarred into you.

"Nice to meet you. I badly need a shower, so I'll see you again in a bit." Since she started working as a medic, she needs the ritual of a long hot shower to put the day behind her. She returns Edijar's kiss and heads off down the hall.

((Skip me for now, and Charity will re-enter the scene when she's done.))

Edijar gives a small nod as he pulls out a sheet of folded paper from his shirt pocket, offering it to Ignai. "This is the design. I'd get it someplace that you can see the artist put on you so you can watch and make sure that they don't change it or mess up. I don't know how effective a tattoo will be though, so if it doesn't work, I'm very sorry." He says sincerely, concern on his face.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 02:35 PM
[Seiner's]
The Fangire girl has no intention, apparently, of letting go; she nestles into 99's warmth as she dozes off into gentle snores and soft smiles.

Perfectly fine with the vampire. This isn't a proper coffin or anything, but it's suitably dark and closed for a short rest. Particularly with Seiner right there. 99 closes her eyes and lets her mind wander off towards dreams, perfectly still.

McBish
2013-10-30, 03:46 PM
[Edijar's Home]

Astrid leans over Ignai's shoulder to peak at the magic blocking tattoo. "Do you think if they screw it up something else might happen?" It would stink to get the tattoo and not only not have it help but cause some sort of side-effect. Astrid doesn't know a thing about magic of this type though.

Beans
2013-10-30, 04:23 PM
Perfectly fine with the vampire. This isn't a proper coffin or anything, but it's suitably dark and closed for a short rest. Particularly with Seiner right there. 99 closes her eyes and lets her mind wander off towards dreams, perfectly still.
[Seiner's Snuggly Sarcophagus Substitute]
After an hour or two, Seiner wakes, moving and mumbling a little, finally coming fully awake and giggling softly as she nestles close to her beloved.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 06:48 PM
[Seiner's Residence, Poor imitation of a proper place to sleep]

Seiner will find that 99 appears to be at the moment still asleep, perfectly still and curled against her.

Beans
2013-10-30, 06:57 PM
[Seiner's Underappreciated Cuddlezone]
She watches her purportedly snooze, smiling softly and snuggling nice and warm.

Slii Arhem
2013-10-30, 08:46 PM
"Uh-thi-wha?"

Nexus, man. Crazy people. He'll just run it through the Magical Money Grinder and if it's underpaying he'll pick up the difference. Better than trying to wrestle with a Nexus crazy... the telepizzaman will teleport off.

You'll just have to imagine his reaction when the price comes back. Suffice to say it is... priceless.

Copi clears off a place to eat, while Sophie looks up at the ceiling. She's kind of preoccupied by how... close it is right now.

At the same time, she's remembering some of the things that Mintbalm told her last time they met.

Sophie's Apartment

"Something else on your mind Sophie?" Mintbalm gingerly takes a piece of the greek pizza and blows on it, not wanting to burn her tongue. A bit of icy mist comes out between her lips, and she takes a bite after approving of its temperature.

Lost_Deep
2013-10-30, 09:47 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"Just... thinking about what you talked about last time you were here. About how I might change. It's just... weird to think about. I can't really know what to expect. I'm still getting used to this, and... blah. Is this what Kate's life was like?"

"Nope," Copi quips, "She never had forewarning, so she just lived her life and dealt with it when it came up. You have the down side of having time to dread it before it hits you."

Sophie sighs at that, not sure what to make of... this all at all.

Copi lets the pizza cool. She has to do so naturally, but is a master of patience.

Recaiden
2013-10-30, 11:14 PM
[Seiner's Residence, place appreciated for cuddling but not resting]

99 opens her eyes, and has an obvious moment of panic before she recalls that she's here with Seiner and nothing is wrong.

Beans
2013-10-30, 11:25 PM
[Seiner's]
She frowns, hugging her closer.
Hey, pretty girl, whatcha get so scared for? Bad dream? I'm here, 's okay...

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 12:11 AM
"I didn't know where I was. Reminded me of dying. But now I know that I'm here with you."
She holds tight to Seiner for a bit, focusing on what all is actually present.

Beans
2013-10-31, 12:21 AM
"I didn't know where I was. Reminded me of dying. But now I know that I'm here with you."
She holds tight to Seiner for a bit, focusing on what all is actually present.
[Seiner's]
She hugs her tighter, kissing her head.
Shhhhhhh, it's okay, I'm here, I gotcha... nobody and nothing's gonna hurt you, not with Crimes in the... something... uh, with Seiner here.

Murkus
2013-10-31, 01:45 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Normally, they don't. But think about it - people from any and all universe drop into the Nexus, and all their powers still work perfectly, even though they should be dependent on the laws of their parent universe. The only explanation for that is a personal physics field, and the maths checks out.

But please don't talk to me about magic. I hate magic. It breaks the laws of physics with wild abandon. There are a few sorts that follow proper rules, but the majority of it just does impossible things. I'm not even going to start, because then I'll just rant for the next half-hour."

"I can do a few impossible things," Tina says. She sets her plate down and pulls at her ears, seemingly without reason. They actually seem to lengthen, until her bright pink ears are long and pointy as those of an elf. "Neat, huh?"

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 02:36 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]
"I can do a few impossible things," Tina says. She sets her plate down and pulls at her ears, seemingly without reason. They actually seem to lengthen, until her bright pink ears are long and pointy as those of an elf. "Neat, huh?"

"Not bad. I would guess at some sort of mutable cell structure... how far can you take that? Can you do it with your limbs, or just small parts of you?"

Murkus
2013-10-31, 02:48 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Um, limbs too, last I checked," Tina explains. To illustrate, the neon girl yanks on her arm, stretching it briefly like taffy, before pushing it back into place. She grins and pinches two spots on her forehead, actually drawing up two tiny devil's horns. "Not bad, I guess. It's the only kind of magic I know."

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 03:00 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Um, limbs too, last I checked," Tina explains. To illustrate, the neon girl yanks on her arm, stretching it briefly like taffy, before pushing it back into place. She grins and pinches two spots on her forehead, actually drawing up two tiny devil's horns. "Not bad, I guess. It's the only kind of magic I know."

"I'm about as magical as your average rock. Less so, actually - I have a measure of resistance... any magic that gets close to me is pushed back, so weak magic can't touch me at all and strong magic has its effects reduced. It applies to healing and beneficial magic too, though, so it's a bit of a two-edged sword."

Murkus
2013-10-31, 03:27 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Why? Is it because of your, um, relative physics?" Tina would test this resistance, but the magic Evan taught her only affects her body. The neon girl smirks. "Or just cause you don't like it so much?"

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 03:38 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Why? Is it because of your, um, relative physics?" Tina would test this resistance, but the magic Evan taught her only affects her body. The neon girl smirks. "Or just cause you don't like it so much?"

Well, unknown to him, it's actually the last bit - he has a little magical potential, but because he hates magic so much it forms an unconscious barrier to keep magic away from him.

"Honestly? I don't know. This is magic, not physics. It doesn't follow proper rules. It's just "wave your hands around and make stuff happen", or in my case, "stuff happening near me is less powerful". I don't understand it and nor do I wish to."

Murkus
2013-10-31, 04:01 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Eh, I bet wizards look at you and say the same thing," Tina counters, picking up her wine glass again and sipping daintily. She gives him a broad, provocative grin. "At least, most wizards. You're gonna have to let go of your rules, I think. The Nexus tends to, ah, do away with them, in my experience."

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 04:13 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Eh, I bet wizards look at you and say the same thing," Tina counters, picking up her wine glass again and sipping daintily. She gives him a broad, provocative grin. "At least, most wizards. You're gonna have to let go of your rules, I think. The Nexus tends to, ah, do away with them, in my experience."

"Not in mine, and I've been here for almost two centuries. I've managed to hang onto my rules pretty well, given that they still work."

A diamond teleports into his hand and out again after a couple of seconds.

"I couldn't do that without an understanding of how the rules work here."

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 10:38 AM
[Seiner's House]

She hugs her tighter, kissing her head.
Shhhhhhh, it's okay, I'm here, I gotcha... nobody and nothing's gonna hurt you, not with Crimes in the... something... uh, with Seiner here.

"Crimes in the Ocean Undermine the Orphans' Kingdom. It's okay. Thank you." Held by her, 99 slowly relaxes, and manages a smile.

Beans
2013-10-31, 10:40 AM
[Seiner's]
She tries to remember that, but focuses on cuddling her girlfriend.
You wanna do anything, or just keep cuddling and stuff, hon?

Gullara
2013-10-31, 12:27 PM
Edijar gives a small nod as he pulls out a sheet of folded paper from his shirt pocket, offering it to Ignai. "This is the design. I'd get it someplace that you can see the artist put on you so you can watch and make sure that they don't change it or mess up. I don't know how effective a tattoo will be though, so if it doesn't work, I'm very sorry." He says sincerely, concern on his face.

[Edijar's Home]

Astrid leans over Ignai's shoulder to peak at the magic blocking tattoo. "Do you think if they screw it up something else might happen?" It would stink to get the tattoo and not only not have it help but cause some sort of side-effect. Astrid doesn't know a thing about magic of this type though.

[Edijar's Home]

Ignai traces her fingers over the design of the rune. She wishes that Edijar could assure her that it will work absolutely, but even still, it's the best chance she's got. She's too overwhelmed to say anything as she looks at that rune. This could finally be over.

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 03:25 PM
[Seiner's]
She tries to remember that, but focuses on cuddling her girlfriend.
You wanna do anything, or just keep cuddling and stuff, hon?

"I would like to, but I need to go finish recovering." It's quite sad, to be apart from a Seiner. "Find you after?"

Beans
2013-10-31, 03:57 PM
"I would like to, but I need to go finish recovering." It's quite sad, to be apart from a Seiner. "Find you after?"
[Seiner's]
Frowning, she nestles closer. O-Okay, yeah... sure. She kisses her softly. I'll miss you, dear, even if it's not long.

Murkus
2013-10-31, 04:09 PM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Not in mine, and I've been here for almost two centuries. I've managed to hang onto my rules pretty well, given that they still work."

A diamond teleports into his hand and out again after a couple of seconds.

"I couldn't do that without an understanding of how the rules work here."

"Not bad. Well, you might know this place better than I do," Tina says, before draining the last of her wine. The neon girl raises her brows. "I had no idea you'd been in the Nexus so long, though."

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 05:02 PM
[Seiner's]
Frowning, she nestles closer. O-Okay, yeah... sure. She kisses her softly. I'll miss you, dear, even if it's not long.

Seiner would be kissed back. "I'll miss you too. But I'll be quick as I can." 99 gets up, smiling back and the Fangire, and reluctantly turns to go, favoring the one hurt leg as she walks.

Beans
2013-10-31, 05:04 PM
[Seiner's]
She gets up after her, slipping in to help 99.
Sure you don't want me to walk you home? I'm definitely going with you til at least the sidewalk.

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 05:27 PM
"Thank you! Just out of the neighborhood." A normal person would be afraid here, but constant company had become a norm for 99. It doesn't even cross her mind to be bothered.

Beans
2013-10-31, 05:30 PM
[Seiner's]
Seiner is quite happy to walk with her girlfriend, opening the front door with her and stepping out, arm around her.
Nice that you live close-ish.

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 05:56 PM
[Leaving Seiner's]

99 gives a nod to Seiner's politeness as she steps through the door, then turns around and explains the mistake. She lives quite far away, many miles distant in a metal tower on a farmstead from which you can see no other signs of civilization. But she would appreciate Seiner's walking with her for a few blocks, and was trying to ask for that. "It would be nice to live closeish. I will think on relocating the tower."

Beans
2013-10-31, 06:05 PM
[Leaving Seiner's]
She frowns as she hears her own mistake, but brightens at the idea of 99 living more close to her! She walks out with her girlfriend, arm around her.

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 06:38 PM
"Aw, it's okay. You'll still see plenty of me." 99 clings close to Seiner as they walk along.

Beans
2013-10-31, 06:56 PM
"Aw, it's okay. You'll still see plenty of me." 99 clings close to Seiner as they walk along.
She nods, kissing her cheek. I know, sweets, I know... you're just very missable.

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 10:29 PM
Blushing, 99 turns around to give Seiner one last hug. "Glad to know you care enough to miss me. I'll see you soon."

Beans
2013-10-31, 10:32 PM
[Seiner's Street]
She hugs right back, kissing her cheek.
Be safe, cutie!

Recaiden
2013-10-31, 11:21 PM
[Seiner's Street]

Be...safe? No, that can't be right. What would it matter if she were unsafe? But Seiner wants it done.
99 nods. "I will." Reluctantly, she starts to walk away.

Beans
2013-10-31, 11:36 PM
[Seiner's Street]
She waves and will wait til her girlfriend is out of sight entirely before heading home to stoke the fireplace and let herself enjoy the warmth of the day she had with 99 rather than sulking about her absence.

GrandDM
2013-11-01, 02:53 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]
"Not bad. Well, you might know this place better than I do," Tina says, before draining the last of her wine. The neon girl raises her brows. "I had no idea you'd been in the Nexus so long, though."

"I've kept to my hidden labs for most of it. Moving into the populated areas has been a recent development."

Slii Arhem
2013-11-02, 06:09 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"Just... thinking about what you talked about last time you were here. About how I might change. It's just... weird to think about. I can't really know what to expect. I'm still getting used to this, and... blah. Is this what Kate's life was like?"

"Nope," Copi quips, "She never had forewarning, so she just lived her life and dealt with it when it came up. You have the down side of having time to dread it before it hits you."

Sophie sighs at that, not sure what to make of... this all at all.

Copi lets the pizza cool. She has to do so naturally, but is a master of patience.

Sophie's Apartment

"But she also didn't have time to prepare for the worst, since it always came out of nowhere. Besides, growing up isn't as bad as you'd think, it's like a second puberty and then it's all over with, and you get a new way of looking at things and some more influence over how things go." Leaving aside the parts she told Copi about earlier on the hillside, that make her sometimes doubt whether she's the same person or not.

She'll work up the courage to tell Sophie about all that eventually.

Maybe.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-02, 06:17 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"I am grown up. I'm grown up enough to have a job, mature friends, an apartment, all that good stuff. Growing up again would just be redundant at this point."

"She's more mature than I am," Copi quips as she takes some pizza. She immediately goes about enjoying the cheesy goodness. After a moment, Sophie enjoys her.

First taste of pizza, and it's good stuff and stuffed crust. She enjoys it immensely.

Murkus
2013-11-03, 07:15 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"I've kept to my hidden labs for most of it. Moving into the populated areas has been a recent development."

"What, don't you get out much usually?" Tina asks, smiling mildly at the scientist. She really couldn't have guessed. She couldn't have guessed a lot of things about Harald.

GrandDM
2013-11-03, 09:53 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]
"What, don't you get out much usually?" Tina asks, smiling mildly at the scientist. She really couldn't have guessed. She couldn't have guessed a lot of things about Harald.

"No. I established a presence in the main frequented areas not long ago. Before that, I hadn't got out for... about a hundred and fifty years, besides coming here."

He indicates the surrounding hills.

Murkus
2013-11-03, 07:25 PM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"That's crazy. I'd go crazy. I really would," Tina says again, Harald still failing not to shock her with his revelations. "Didn't you ever get... I dunno, lonely before?"

GrandDM
2013-11-04, 11:13 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"That's crazy. I'd go crazy. I really would," Tina says again, Harald still failing not to shock her with his revelations. "Didn't you ever get... I dunno, lonely before?"

"I have Mastermind, and my science. I never really felt the need for anything else, up until recently. Although I have to admit, that may have been more of a product of my psychological trauma than natural introversion. It's only recently I let my emotions have free rein. Before that, I kept them under tight lock and key. It was the only way for me to survive at first, and then it just became habit. It was too hard to remember, to feel."

Murkus
2013-11-04, 05:27 PM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"That cannot be healthy. You've got to... I don't know. Let it out every once and a while. Like tonight," Tina leans over and try to kiss Harald on the cheek. "We can change all we want, but we're still people."

[The Frescot House]

Here, around midday, works one Adir Frescot. He's been busy since dawn, doing most of the preliminary stuff to fix up his abandoned home. He sets debris and trash aside, sweeps the stoop, starts repairing loose shutters. There's a whole stack of paint cans set aside for later.

The stag looks good. Happy. He's dressed in faded jeans, boots, and a brown flannel jacket with a rather dirty work-shirt underneath.

Gullara
2013-11-04, 11:27 PM
[The Frescot House]

Not much later than this, Sakura comes along. She's got all three kids in tow. The twins are in their double stroller and Laela is in the baby carrier on Sakura's back. She looks around curiously at what Adir has already got done as she approaches the house. Laela in particular seems excited. The babies don't care at all about the change in scenery.

Slii Arhem
2013-11-05, 12:24 AM
Sophie's Apartment

"I am grown up. I'm grown up enough to have a job, mature friends, an apartment, all that good stuff. Growing up again would just be redundant at this point."

"She's more mature than I am," Copi quips as she takes some pizza. She immediately goes about enjoying the cheesy goodness. After a moment, Sophie enjoys her.

First taste of pizza, and it's good stuff and stuffed crust. She enjoys it immensely.

Sophie's Apartment

"Well, you grew up as a spider, then you turned into a grig, now you might grow up as a grig into something more than a grig. Or maybe not. Just having me around in the apartment might keep you from evolving like I did, since both Vriveka and I had to be mostly alone apart from other fey for weeks and weeks before it happened." Maybe the presence of a single powerful fey would do for Sophie what hanging around in the Land Between with a bunch of pixies does for most minor fey?

*ding DONG*

Hey look! Someone else at the door!

GrandDM
2013-11-05, 11:23 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"That cannot be healthy. You've got to... I don't know. Let it out every once and a while. Like tonight," Tina leans over and try to kiss Harald on the cheek. "We can change all we want, but we're still people."

He closes his eyes for a moment as she does so.

"Up to a certain point. Sometimes you find those who have crossed the line, who are animals in human form. And sometimes it's the other way around - something everyone sees as a monster turns out to be more of a person than its hunters."

Murkus
2013-11-05, 01:25 PM
[The Frescot House]

Not much later than this, Sakura comes along. She's got all three kids in tow. The twins are in their double stroller and Laela is in the baby carrier on Sakura's back. She looks around curiously at what Adir has already got done as she approaches the house. Laela in particular seems excited. The babies don't care at all about the change in scenery.

It seems he's really been putting in some work. Already the weeds and wall-crawling plants that had been taking over their home have been trimmed back. The windows are shiny, the shutters hung up proper again.

Adir walks round from one side of the hill to see his family, and immediately pads down the grassy slope to meet them. "Sakura! Gods, they look like a handful!" He hurries up beside the dryad to grin at Laela, provided the little girl can face him. "Hey Laela!"

[Harald's Hideaway]

He closes his eyes for a moment as she does so.

"Up to a certain point. Sometimes you find those who have crossed the line, who are animals in human form. And sometimes it's the other way around - something everyone sees as a monster turns out to be more of a person than its hunters."

"Oh, but we're talking about you, Harald. All these augments and all this power don't make you immune to emotions. Like lust, for instance," Tina slides up against Harald, wrapping her arms around his body. "I mean sure, you could probably suppress those things too... but why would you want to?"

Gullara
2013-11-05, 03:59 PM
[The Frescot House]

"Any more of them and I won't be able to carry them all at once." Sakura says with a small laugh. Just these three are tricky enough for the dryad alone.

"Hi Daddy." Laela greets. The little girl is sitting facing Sakrua, only not being smothered by her mom's hair back Sakura has it all bound together in a big bunch and shunted tot he side. "Mommy says we have a picnic." She says with a grin.

Murkus
2013-11-05, 04:57 PM
[The Frescot House]

Adir can't help but use his baby voice with Laela. "That's right, sweetie! I've got all kinds of good stuff. And a little surprise for you," He reaches out to brush the tot's hair with his fingers. He glances toward the boys, then Sakura. "Um, here, lemme push em for you. Top of the hill is where I put our things."

Lost_Deep
2013-11-05, 05:49 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"You know, I hope so, becau-"

Then the doorbell rings. Copi immediately jumps up and saunters over to the door, casually using her psychic sense to count the number of minds waiting there. She will open the door with a smile, of course, but she's not going to get caught off-guard if it's three people instead of just one.

Gullara
2013-11-05, 09:13 PM
[The Frescot House]

"Sure, go ahead." Sakura steps aside so he can take the stroller. She sure doesn't mind.

"A supise?" Laela's eyes light up. What kind of surprise? She can't wait to find out!

UncleWolf
2013-11-06, 09:59 AM
[Edijar's Home]

[Edijar's Home]

Ignai traces her fingers over the design of the rune. She wishes that Edijar could assure her that it will work absolutely, but even still, it's the best chance she's got. She's too overwhelmed to say anything as she looks at that rune. This could finally be over.

Edijar's Home

"It very well might. If you wish, I might know someone who can do an expert tattoo. I doubt she'd charge anything if I said it was a personal favor." The retired soldier admits before smiling. "Though she might get carried away and start adding more tattoos unless you stopped her."

GrandDM
2013-11-06, 11:35 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

"Oh, but we're talking about you, Harald. All these augments and all this power don't make you immune to emotions. Like lust, for instance," Tina slides up against Harald, wrapping her arms around his body. "I mean sure, you could probably suppress those things too... but why would you want to?"

He grins, returning the embrace and leaning in to kiss her.

Murkus
2013-11-07, 12:05 AM
[The Frescot House]

"A supise! Yep!" Adir flashes his teeth at the little pink-haired girl again, shortly before taking the twins and starting them toward the house. He takes the long way round, so they can use the least-steep slope. "Did mommy say where you were goin' today, Laela?"

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina accepts the kiss and returns it. She won't be opposed to any more lovin' if Harald decides he's in the mood, but she really should get going soon. One-night stands aren't supposed to linger so long. The neon girl just can't help herself, especially just after taking her dose, even if the stuff's kinda dull now.

GrandDM
2013-11-07, 11:16 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina accepts the kiss and returns it. She won't be opposed to any more lovin' if Harald decides he's in the mood, but she really should get going soon. One-night stands aren't supposed to linger so long. The neon girl just can't help herself, especially just after taking her dose, even if the stuff's kinda dull now.

Before activating the teleporters, he has one more thing to say.

"Last chance to get my help with that drug. You probably won't be seeing me again, so tell me now if you're accepting."

Gullara
2013-11-07, 02:02 PM
[The Frescot House]

"Mommy says this is our house. An she said that the other house is Auntie Cessie's house and we were jus staying there." Laela says, repeating what her mom told her earlier.

"That's right, Laela. And when Daddy gets it all ready, we're going to live here now." Sakura says.

Murkus
2013-11-07, 03:54 PM
[The Frescot House]

"Yep! You and your brothers were just stayin' awhile. But you'll like it here! I promise!"

The stag reaches the top of the grassy green hill, a somewhat chilly autumn wind drifting across the forest. Laid out atop the hidden house is a checkered blanket, accompanied by a little basket. Inside are tarts and fruit pastries, fresh peaches and apricots, prepared salads and the like. He got a lot - not having thought to ask Laela's preference the day before. Heck, he's not sure just how much of it she's able to eat, being so young.

"So tell me, Laela, whaddya like? Whats your favorite sort of food?" He kneels down and starts getting things out, glancing at Sakura.

[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina, now dressed and composed, thinks a moment longer before shaking her head. "No, Harald. Thanks, but no. I gotta deal with it myself. If I decide I wanna deal with it at all. But hey, thanks for the fun." She winks at him. Despite his insistence that they'll never meet again, she grins and says, "Don't be a stranger."

Gullara
2013-11-08, 12:36 AM
[The Frescot House]

"Umm, I like fwuits. Like banana and cherries when mommy cuts out the pits." Laela says with an exaggerated nod. "Are we gonna have fwuits?"

Devixer
2013-11-08, 10:27 AM
Ashley's Warehouse

It's been a while since Ally last visited Ashley's home, but it hasn't changed much in the interim. There are a few new items stashed on the shelves, including a few gems. That comfy chair in the corner is now the center of a resting area of the room, with a bookshelf right next to it.

Ashley grins at Ally as she heads inside.

FireFox
2013-11-08, 11:28 AM
Ashley's Warehouse

Ally looks around the building, then returns her girlfriend's grin. Doing any fun... experiments?

GrandDM
2013-11-08, 11:44 AM
[Harald's Hideaway]

Tina, now dressed and composed, thinks a moment longer before shaking her head. "No, Harald. Thanks, but no. I gotta deal with it myself. If I decide I wanna deal with it at all. But hey, thanks for the fun." She winks at him. Despite his insistence that they'll never meet again, she grins and says, "Don't be a stranger."

He nods, and snaps his fingers. Tina is teleported back to the Nexus.

Devixer
2013-11-08, 11:44 AM
Ashley's Warehouse

"A couple things here and there. I've been trying to figure out some gems I found a while ago. I haven't had a lot of progress, though," Ashley says.

Slii Arhem
2013-11-08, 09:16 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"You know, I hope so, becau-"

Then the doorbell rings. Copi immediately jumps up and saunters over to the door, casually using her psychic sense to count the number of minds waiting there. She will open the door with a smile, of course, but she's not going to get caught off-guard if it's three people instead of just one.

Sophie's Apartment

Unfortunately, the number of people on the other side is best described as being between none and nine or so. Not very accurate information, which might lead Copi to believe that whoever it is has some kind of shi-

Oh, it's just Julie. Well that makes more sense. She's dressed in a black floor length fur coat with a wide brimmed hat, the rest of her clothes concealed beneath the cold weather covering.

"Oh, hello Copi. Is Kate's housemate here? I just had something to tell her."

Mintbalm stands back in her corner of the room, not knowing who this is for obvious reasons.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-08, 09:27 PM
Sophie's Apartment

HUG

Copi tries to hug Julie warmly, like an old friend that one has not seen in far, far too long. She will try to turn this into a twirl, trying to twirl Julie into the room and onto the couch. A piece of pizza on a plate will then be offered to her telikinetically.

"Look who it is. There is Sophie," Copi says with a gesture to the oversized Grig, and then gestures at a certain corner of the room, "and that is Mintbalm, Kate's best friend. Mintbalm, meet Julie, Kate's best friend. Hamburger pizza with stuffed crust, or greek pizza, and if we want to really get mourning there is plenty of ice cream in the freezer."

Murkus
2013-11-09, 04:58 AM
[The Frescot House]

"Umm, I like fwuits. Like banana and cherries when mommy cuts out the pits." Laela says with an exaggerated nod. "Are we gonna have fwuits?"

"I got all kinds of fwuits. I got regular old bananas, and... ah, here," Adir shifts a cherry pie out've the basket. He'll scoop a piece out and put it on a plate before offering it to Laela. If the little one accepts, another piece will be fished out for Sakura.

Adir settles himself cross-legged on the blanket, getting comfortable and preparing some food for himself. "You don't remember much about this house, right Laela?" He smiles and leans forward a bit. "Your mommy was right. This is our house. We stayed here for a while, till... daddy left."

Gullara
2013-11-09, 02:56 PM
[The Frescot House]

Laela gets sat down on the blanket and Sakura goes about getting the twins out of the stroller and laying them down so they're not all cooped up.

"I don't 'member." Laela says. She doesn't reply more than that, because she sees food." When the plate of cherry pie is given to her, she immediately grabs a handful of the filling and stuffs it and part of her hand in her mouth.

"Oh Laela, sweetie, no. You need to use a spoon. Now you're all messy." Sakura scolds as she goes to get some wipes out of the baby bag.

Murkus
2013-11-09, 09:30 PM
[Frescot House]

Adir laughs unabashedly, eyes narrowing in a broad grin. "Gods, I guess we know who's table manners she got. No need to scarf it down, kid," Adir says. He gets Laela a plastic spoon and some whipped cream. "Here, Laela, it's better with these." Once the tiny dryad is cleaned up, Adir plops a dollop of whipped cream on her pie and hands over the spoon.

McBish
2013-11-10, 11:46 AM
Edijar's Home

"It very well might. If you wish, I might know someone who can do an expert tattoo. I doubt she'd charge anything if I said it was a personal favor." The retired soldier admits before smiling. "Though she might get carried away and start adding more tattoos unless you stopped her."

Astrid grins, free tattoos sound better then non-free tattoos. She glances over at Ignai, "That sounds like a good deal to me."

Gullara
2013-11-10, 11:51 AM
[Frescot House]

Sakura wipes up Laela's hands, though the girl seems pouty. She was eating tasty pie!But when the spoon is put in her hands, she brightens up again. With little coordination, she takes a big scoop and- "No, Laela. That's too much." Poor kid is never going to get to eat. Sakura fishes a new spoon out of her bag, this one small and more suited to the toddler. Finally, with the new spoon in hand, Laela gets a mouthful of pie. Yum!

[Edijar's Home]

"Yeah, that sounds great. Uh, just as long as she sticks to the one tattoo." Ignai says with a giggle. She doesn't really want more.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 03:11 PM
[Leaving Trog's towards Ominous Tower]

99 is walking along, holding close to a Seiner. They have a ways to go. "It's still a bit out of the way. Thank you again for the pin. So thoughtful of you."

Beans
2013-11-10, 03:18 PM
[Journey To Vampire Acres]
Seiner giggles. Aww, you're welcome. And I'm fine with it being out of the way, I don't mind! She lays her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, smiling.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 03:19 PM
First, their path takes them out of the city, along a road that grows steadily less crowded.

The vampire pulls her girlfriend in close while they walk. "Does give more time to walk together. How have you been since I left?"

Beans
2013-11-10, 03:25 PM
[To 99's]
She nods. Nothing much been going on... new patron at the lounge, I guess. I have a gi---wait no that's you, you know that one. Seiner winks, giggling.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 03:30 PM
[96]

Eventually, it will taper down to a dirt road, evidently with a good deal of wagon travel.

99 may have actually fallen for that, for just a moment thinking Seiner meant someone else. Now she's grinning and looking quite embarrassed.
Mock surprise. "There goes my biggest piece of news."

Beans
2013-11-10, 03:36 PM
[Got 99 Problems]
Seiner pecks her cheek. Heh, looks like we've both had pretty uneventful times lately... but that's not bad. Uneventful can be nice and cozy, after all.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 03:53 PM
[97 - And all of them are you]

And they take a fork to the right, and wander down to a thinner road, that could maybe carry one small vehicle.

The vampire leans down to kiss her girlfriend back. "So long as it's mixed with events. Did you have something that needed privacy, or did you just want to be together?" Not that 99 would object to either.

Beans
2013-11-10, 04:01 PM
[A 99 Problem and it's her favorite one]
Seiner grins, nestling closer.
Weellllll, I won't go denying that I might be interested in making the most of our time alone together, if you like that is...

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 04:17 PM
[98 - I got Crimes in the Ocean Undermine the Orphans' Kingdom problems and there's no way this will rhyme]

Moving on, they come to what's nearly a footpath, leading into a copse of trees.

99 blushes and smiles. "Well, how could I resist you?" She misses a step and stumbles, remembering someone who once talked to her like Seiner is doing. She can almost hear the words.

Beans
2013-11-10, 04:20 PM
[99's House]
Seiner meeps, trying to help her girlfriend stay upright.
Careful, hon, are you okay? She frowns, concerned and holding 99 closer.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 04:33 PM
[99 - The Vann Estate]

99 is steadied and righted. "Just, wasn't looking. Thanks for catching me." She laughs it off. "And here I thought you were the clumsy one."

On the other side of the trees are fields, stretching a long way off. Some are planted with tall stalks, others short bushes, a couple with shrublike trees. People (each in a conical straw hat) and living skeletons of bleached bone move between the rows, tending to the plants, pulling out weeds, and most commonly, gathering in the fruits and grains and leaves of them. It is harvest season. In the center of the fields stands a dark metallic tower, a good five stories high, made all of sharp angles and hard lines.

Beans
2013-11-10, 04:38 PM
[99 - Vann Estate]
Seiner giggles. Mmm, I've been feeling less clumsy lately... maybe it's your doing? She keeps walking, impressed by what she sees.
Oooh, is your house the spooky tower?

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 04:45 PM
[Vann Estate - Crossing the fields]

"Hmm, I hope so. Yes, that's the one. You like it?"

Beans
2013-11-10, 04:48 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner nods with a giggle. It's cool! Way different from most houses I've seen, at least on the outside!

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 04:53 PM
[Vann Estate]

"The inside is a little strange too. Here, I'll show you." 99 opens the door, and motions for Seiner to go up the staircase that is immediately inside, spiralling around spinward. The stairs seem to flow out of the tower, being the same dark metal, though each step is covered in the center with a carpet pad.

Beans
2013-11-10, 05:12 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner follows her up! "Whoa..."

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 05:17 PM
[Vann Estate - Spooky Tower]

The tower is bigger than it looks. The first staircase comes up to the music room, recently de-abandoned. A piano and selection of wood instruments have been touched and cleaned of dust, along with as few music stands. Everything else is covered in a layer of dust, which itself lays on top of heavy black covers.

99 waits at the top of the stairs. "Whoever made it was very impressive. We? found this place a long time ago."

Beans
2013-11-10, 05:29 PM
[Vann Estate - Spoopy Tower]
That's pretty cool... how long ago did you find this place?
She looks around the dusty music room, thoroughly awed.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 05:37 PM
[Skoopy Tower]

"Before I can clearly remember. Years and years ago. Do you play anything?" 99 waves to the mostly forgotten music instruments.

Beans
2013-11-10, 05:38 PM
[Skoopy Tower]

"Before I can clearly remember. Years and years ago. Do you play anything?" 99 waves to the mostly forgotten music instruments.
Seiner shakes her head. No, none. Do you?

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 05:45 PM
"I've been trying to learn. We used to all know a lot of music, but when I forgot everything, to come back and see all these things I supposedly knew, it was so frustrating; I gave up on it. But I started again, just recently."

Beans
2013-11-10, 05:49 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner smiles softly, squeezing 99 a little around the waist. I'm sure you'll get it back before long, sweetheart.

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 06:05 PM
99 goes to give Seiner a kiss on the forehead. "Thanks. I hope I do."

And then she slowly moves on up the stairs, past a few closed doors leading off into other floors, and an open one that seems full of books.

Beans
2013-11-10, 06:08 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner smiles. Oooh, that's a lot of books! What kinds are here?

Recaiden
2013-11-10, 07:11 PM
"All kinds. Lots of storybooks."

Beans
2013-11-10, 07:14 PM
"All kinds. Lots of storybooks."
[Vann Estate]
Seiner grins. That's the best!

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:30 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 rolls her head noncomittaly. "Was never too big on reading." She starts to head up to the living floor. Unless Seiner wants to stop and read.

Beans
2013-11-11, 12:31 AM
[Vann Estate]
Maybe reading with me might be a little more fun... She giggles softly, trotting right up after her.

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:35 AM
99 stops and goes to sweep Seiner up in her arms and carry her back down and into the library. "I could imagine that."

Beans
2013-11-11, 12:37 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner meeps and giggles, kissing her girlfriend's cheek. Reading adventure!

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:43 AM
99 whirls her about, to set her down finally near a corner of shelves. "Find a story you think you'll like."

Beans
2013-11-11, 12:48 AM
[Vann Estate]
I wonder if there's a story about a magical princess who gets saved by a dashing also-princess in a totally rad hat. Seiner giggles, looking through the shelves.
This one has dinosaurs! Dinosaurs are so cool.
She grins at 99, excited because DINOS :3

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:55 AM
[Vann Estate - Emliana Branch Library]

"I'm sure if we look long enough-okay." 99 goes to take the dinosaur book and Seiner over to a cushy reading nook, and set the DINO story open.

Beans
2013-11-11, 01:01 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner snugs into her girlfriend's side, giggling softly. She opens the book, and it is dinosaurs.
It is victory.

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 01:04 AM
99 starts to read the story to Seiner, in as serious and dramatic a dinosaur-story voice as she can muster.

Beans
2013-11-11, 01:18 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner is perfectly happy, because that is the actual sweetest thing in the world. She snuggles close to her girlfriend, head on her shoulder.

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 01:26 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 reads on, snuggling close to her girlfriend and getting lost in her adorable closeness and happiness, even if the story isn't so great to her.

Beans
2013-11-11, 01:32 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner leans in and kisses her cheek. Nines, I think I've fallen hopelessly in love with you. Possibly partly because we're reading about dinos together.

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 01:44 AM
Bah, she probably says that to everyone who saves her life and then reads dinosaur stories with her.

The book is set down for a bit. "So long as that's not the only reason, I can say I love you too, Seiner."[/SIZE] 99 goes to kiss the fangire girl in return, on the lips.

Beans
2013-11-11, 01:47 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner giggles softly, kissing right back. Mmmm, more just a favorable circumstance for what could have happened without the involvement of dino books...

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 02:27 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 laughs quietly, and runs a hand through Seiner's hair, as usual fascinated by the colors. "Definitely a little more fun."

Beans
2013-11-11, 08:35 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner toys with 99's hair in return. Mmm... love you, sweets. You're so great, have I told you that?

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:12 PM
"Maybe once or twice. Not as great as are you."

Beans
2013-11-11, 12:16 PM
[Vann Estate]
She giggles softly. Mmmm, I disagree... but it's okay, we can agree to consider each other the best. What shall we do now?

Recaiden
2013-11-11, 12:37 PM
[Vann Estate]

"Now it's your turn to read a story, right?" 99 goes to stand up, reluctantly, and go to find a book.

Beans
2013-11-11, 12:38 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner nods. I'd love to read you something, love, of course.

Slii Arhem
2013-11-11, 04:13 PM
Sophie's Apartment

HUG

Copi tries to hug Julie warmly, like an old friend that one has not seen in far, far too long. She will try to turn this into a twirl, trying to twirl Julie into the room and onto the couch. A piece of pizza on a plate will then be offered to her telikinetically.

"Look who it is. There is Sophie," Copi says with a gesture to the oversized Grig, and then gestures at a certain corner of the room, "and that is Mintbalm, Kate's best friend. Mintbalm, meet Julie, Kate's best friend. Hamburger pizza with stuffed crust, or greek pizza, and if we want to really get mourning there is plenty of ice cream in the freezer."

Sophie's Apartment

Julie returns the hug somewhat stiffly, but she smiles faintly at Copi once they're face to face again on the couch, "Well you've changed a fair bit since you were giving me birthday present suggestions. It's good to see you again Sophie." She turns her eyes up to the other occupant, a silent question in them. Mintbalm just nods and lets her speak, and Julie returns it with a thankful smile.

"I asked a pair of bounty hunters who needed a favor to track down Kate's killer. They came back with the proof of its death yesterday, said it was some kind of murderous pumpkin headed thing. I've got good reasons to believe they didn't cheat me. So that's it, I guess. I just wanted you to know that the killer wouldn't be doing this to anyone else." She doesn't sound ashamed that she ordered the hit on Kate's killer, just resigned knowing that it wasn't exactly a noble thing to do. She got her revenge, and keeping a killer off the streets was a happy side effect.

Mintbalm looks somewhat shocked at it all, but apart from pressing her mouth into a thin line in displeasure, doesn't voice her opinion on it.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 06:46 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura wipes up Laela's hands, though the girl seems pouty. She was eating tasty pie!But when the spoon is put in her hands, she brightens up again. With little coordination, she takes a big scoop and- "No, Laela. That's too much." Poor kid is never going to get to eat. Sakura fishes a new spoon out of her bag, this one small and more suited to the toddler. Finally, with the new spoon in hand, Laela gets a mouthful of pie. Yum!

Adir smiles bashfully, embarrassed that he didn't think to do these things for Laela himself. "Sorry, Sakura." He glances down then back up, looking between Laela and her mother. "So, um, what can I do to make the house better for you girls?"

Lost_Deep
2013-11-11, 08:22 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"This is temporary," Sophie clarifies about her current height. She considers going into more detail, but decides against it because one explanation would need another explanation... and that explanation would need an explanation. She doesn't comment on bounty hunters, though. It's pizza time.

"Pumpkin-headed... sounds like some kind of supernatural entity. In the Nexus, I suppose there is nothing to stop murderous beings from other planes. Or murderous specters from beyond the grave, if it was some variation of the headless horseman." Hopefully that will defuse the situation some. Copi takes a moment to eat more of her pizza, and open the floor to any further comments from the guests.

Gullara
2013-11-11, 08:37 PM
[Frescot House]

"You're doing a great job, Adir. As soon as it's all cleaned up we can start moving stuff back i-" Sakura says, but she's interrupted by a little voice.

"We need to get my toys! Like my bunny and my dwagon and my wattle and eleephant and my..." The little girl chatters on. She has a lot of toys! More than Adir remembers. Sakura just looks at Adir and giggles quietly. Laela is being a chatterbox today.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 09:17 PM
[Frescot House]

Adir looks back at Sakura, a smile on his face and another dancing behind his gaze. He lets Laela finish, all the way through, and then nods with exaggerated force. "Of course, of course! We'll get every one. And a few more too. Are rabbits your faaaavorite sort of aminal, Laela?" He leans down with big, innocent eyes. Innocent as he can manage, at least. "Or was there another kind of aminal?"

Gullara
2013-11-11, 10:26 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura is going to have to have a talk with Adir! baby talking is all well and good, but mispronouncing words could be detrimental!

The little feychild bobs her head up and down. "Bunnies are my favwit. Like Mister Teef!" There's a reason he's her favourite!

Murkus
2013-11-11, 10:40 PM
[Frescot House]

Perhaps she's right. Adir just has too much fun talking like little Laela. "Well that's good to hear. It just so happens your surprise has long ears, big teeth, a fluffy tail..." And out've the basket Adir scoops what appears to be a little white bunny rabbit. It sits there in his palms, perking its ears up to listen and peering at Laela with tiny orange eyes.

Upon closer inspection it looks like some sort've toy - plastic covered by fake fur and soft things - but it certainly moves about like a real rabbit. One would have to be close to see. Sakura may very well think it a living pet, which obviously presents problems for a toddler. Heck, a tiny automaton might present problems of its own. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2013-11-11, 11:01 PM
[Frescot House]

Laela's eyes get as wide as saucers as she looks at what appears to be a real rabbit. "Bunny!" She reaches out to try and grab hold of the little bunny-bot.

Sakura, meanwhile, looks quite surprised. Laela is quite small for an actual pet. But when she looks closer, it doesn't take her too long to realize that not all is as it appears.

Murkus
2013-11-11, 11:19 PM
[Frescot House]

Adir holds the rabbit back a moment, warning, "Be gentle with him, kiddo. He's not tough like Mister Teeth." Then he'll pass the rabbit to Laela. The little creature doesn't resist, and in fact won't object if it's chewed on. It'll just sorta kick its little feet and make very authentic squeaking noises. If Laela's nice, it may well rub its face on her hands or cheeks. Little clicking noises - like clockwork - emanate from inside the rabbit's limbs.

"What should we name him, Laela?"

Gullara
2013-11-11, 11:45 PM
[Frescot House]

Laela doesn't try to chew on the rabbit. That's only for her toys (and plants, and silverware, and her own thumb, and her mom's hair). After a moment, she hugs the bunny. Probably a bit too tight for a regular pet, but this one is just perfect.

Upon being asked for a name, Laela doesn't have an answer. She goes to the first person she thinks of when she has a problem and tilts her head back to look at her mommy. "How about Thumper? Like on Bambi." Sakura suggests with a broad smile.

"Yeah! Thumper!" Laela approves! She hugs the rabbit even tighter.

Murkus
2013-11-12, 12:00 AM
[Frescot House]

The rabbit won't protest! But Adir really will have to teach Laela about being gentle if she ever gets a real live pet. For now, the rabbit cuddles up to Laela comfortably, as if it was made just for this purpose.

Adir grins happily. That couldn't have been received better. He leans over to Sakura and asks quietly, "What's Bambi?"

Gullara
2013-11-12, 12:22 AM
[Frescot House]

Sakura giggles. "It's a movie about a little deer. It's cute. I'm sure you'll see it sometime. It's her favourite." She explains.

Meanwhile, Laela is thoroughly distracted by her new bunny. She sets him down and lets him move around on his own. If he moves away, she'll crawl after him.

Recaiden
2013-11-12, 12:25 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner nods. I'd love to read you something, love, of course.

99 eventually returns from a sillier section of the library with a copy of Star Hat Princess: The Legend, which she passes to Seiner with a silly grin.

Beans
2013-11-12, 12:27 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner grins right back, pulling her girlfriend in close to begin the most dramatic reading she is capable of, which is also incredibly silly.

Recaiden
2013-11-12, 12:32 AM
[Vann Estate]

"This was the story you were looking for, right?" 99 can hardly keep from laughing, listening to that.

Beans
2013-11-12, 12:38 AM
[Vann Estate]

"This was the story you were looking for, right?" 99 can hardly keep from laughing, listening to that.

Seiner giggles. This is our story forever and ever. Some couples have the "our song" song, and we might get that too, but for now we have this book of wonders and my ability to ham it up.

Murkus
2013-11-12, 12:39 AM
[Frescot House]

Sakura giggles. "It's a movie about a little deer. It's cute. I'm sure you'll see it sometime. It's her favourite." She explains.

Meanwhile, Laela is thoroughly distracted by her new bunny. She sets him down and lets him move around on his own. If he moves away, she'll crawl after him.

"I'll have to," Adir agrees, settling in just a bit closer to Sakura. He glances sidelong at the dryad, looking happy and thoughtful, before leaning over to say quietly, "I got something for you, too." His face lingers beside hers a moment, if she'll so allow, not quite touching.

Thumper scrunches up the way rabbits do, becoming a little ball of fluff with his ears all perked up, and then suddenly he starts to hop around the picnic blanket. He won't leave - merely climb up over the basket and past the adults to go sniffing things. He really is a cute little fella.

Recaiden
2013-11-12, 12:46 AM
[Vann Estate]

And there goes trying not to laugh. "Our book, my princess. Don't know what song could compare." 99 snuggles in closer to the fangire.

Beans
2013-11-12, 12:52 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner kisses her head, nestled close. Yeah, well... you're my princess too, 'cause I said so!

Gullara
2013-11-12, 12:24 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura doesn't move away, and rather smiles. "Really now? What might that be?" She asks. Now she's curious. Adir is pulling out all the stops today.

Laela will keep herself occupied for the time being. Following her new bunny around is lots of fun!

Murkus
2013-11-12, 01:30 PM
[Frescot House]

"It's a surprise," Adir says teasingly. "You'll have to wait and see."

The stag pulls back a bit to give her more space. But still he looks at her, eyes alight, a small smile lingering on his lips. After a couple seconds, he returns his attentions to Laela, and laughs. "Whatcha doin', Laela? Are you trying to race him?"

Thumper keeps hopping!

Gullara
2013-11-12, 10:14 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura giggles, but doesn't press further. Let him have his surprises. Instead she turns her attention back to their daughter with him.

"Noooo!" Laela giggles and follows the bunny around, staying just behind the little guy. She's herding it toward her brothers! They've been lying there so peacefully, it's about tie they got noticed. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2013-11-12, 11:26 PM
[Frescot House]

Oh, here I thought the boys had been asleep! Well whatever they are, Thumper seems interested enough. He hops playfully away from Laela, all the way to the stroller, before getting up on his hind legs and sniffing at Gwydion. His eyes glitter like orange raindrops.

Adir gets his legs beneath him and sits cross legged, watching with a big grin. He's got little more to say for right now - though he might have a little something to eat. He really was working hard!

Gullara
2013-11-13, 02:44 PM
[Frescot House]

They might have been asleep. Who knows! Infants are hard to post much for. :smalltongue: Right now, as I mentioned before, Sakura had lied them down on the blanket to the side and in front of her. So when the bunny comes hopping over to Gwydion, he looks at it with his big, white eyes.

"Dat's my brover, Thumper." Laela says, crawling up next to them. "Say hi, Gidon." She grabs hold of her brother's hand and waves it for him.

Murkus
2013-11-13, 04:14 PM
[Frescot House]

Oh, you did mention that. >.> My apologies.

Thumper looks between the two boys, some vague gleam of comprehension in his eyes, before he crawls up to Sakura. He'll try and climb onto one of her legs to sniff about. Then, as if he wants something, the rabbit will look up at Sakura and squeak just once.

Adir laughs, managing to swallow what he was eating before joking, "I think he's trying to say hi to everyone."

Slii Arhem
2013-11-13, 06:11 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"This is temporary," Sophie clarifies about her current height. She considers going into more detail, but decides against it because one explanation would need another explanation... and that explanation would need an explanation. She doesn't comment on bounty hunters, though. It's pizza time.

"Pumpkin-headed... sounds like some kind of supernatural entity. In the Nexus, I suppose there is nothing to stop murderous beings from other planes. Or murderous specters from beyond the grave, if it was some variation of the headless horseman." Hopefully that will defuse the situation some. Copi takes a moment to eat more of her pizza, and open the floor to any further comments from the guests.

Sophie's Apartment

"Or some kind of murder golem. Whatever it was, it didn't sound like a living being, and it doesn't matter now that it's destroyed." Mintbalm takes the hint and visibly calms herself, though she doesn't bother hiding her distaste.

"At least it won't kill anyone else." She allows, and Julie looks up at the fey with a thankful look at the tacit approval from this stranger.

"I seem to be intruding on something. Any of you mind if I take this slice to go? You can always find Eric or I at the campground if you need to talk more, or tell me when the funeral is."

Recaiden
2013-11-13, 06:46 PM
[Vann Estate]

Seiner kisses her head, nestled close. Yeah, well... you're my princess too, 'cause I said so!

"I'm not sure you can just declare people to be princesses." says 99, in what I'm sure is a completely serious objection.

Beans
2013-11-13, 07:03 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner rolls her eyes. I can declare that you're a princess to me though. It'd be silly if I didn't have enough jursisdiction over myself to do that...

Lost_Deep
2013-11-13, 07:58 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"That brings up an important point," Copi says with a nod, "The paperwork is taken care of, everyone relevant knows, I have finished the will, we need to decide on the funeral. Julie, your input would be appreciated here. We need to decide where to intern her body, what to do about it, all that stuff. I need to check with some other things, but do you have any preferences about it?"

Recaiden
2013-11-14, 01:42 PM
[Vann Estate]

99 giggles and cuddles close to the fangire. "Okay. I'll be your princess. Do we want to stay in the library?"

Beans
2013-11-14, 01:56 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner giggles back. Mmmmm, maybe something more... upstairsy? Couches are nice for snugs, but some things are better in a more... accommodating setting.

Gullara
2013-11-14, 07:27 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura smiles and scratches behind the rabbit's ears. It seems like the right thing to do, even if he's not real. Laela crawls over to her mom and pets Thumper too. "This is mommy. And that's daddy." She points at Adir. "And that's Cern and Gidon." She points over at the twins.

Recaiden
2013-11-14, 10:54 PM
[Vann Estate]

"There is another floor...let's go!" 99 stands, and will lead Seiner back to the stairs, and up them. They should find themselves in a maze of hallways, filled with rooms for living: bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, closets, all with a helpful label above them (though a few of the bedrooms and closets are blank). 99 heads towards the center, where there is a trio of rooms. In the center, a closed door to a room with no label, not even a blank one. To the right, a room reading '99'. And to the left, where 99 would be heading, there is an open room labeled 'Violet'.

Beans
2013-11-14, 10:58 PM
[Vann Estate]

"There is another floor...let's go!" 99 stands, and will lead Seiner back to the stairs, and up them. They should find themselves in a maze of hallways, filled with rooms for living: bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, closets, all with a helpful label above them (though a few of the bedrooms and closets are blank). 99 heads towards the center, where there is a trio of rooms. In the center, a closed door to a room with no label, not even a blank one. To the right, a room reading '99'. And to the left, where 99 would be heading, there is an open room labeled 'Violet'.
Seiner looks all around at the things! Labels and labels and labels! Ooooh, why's that one labeled 'Violet'? She wonders if it's a descriptive label or a possessive one. If the latter, who is Violet and why is their room open? Are they dead?
That would... probably be kind of a mood-killer, heading to the room of a dead friend of this vampy lady.

Recaiden
2013-11-14, 11:16 PM
Most of the things seem brought in, rather than part of the tower like the staircase. Lots of wood and decorative rope. The kitchens have location-based labels: 'East', 'South Central', etc. while the closets are labelled according to their contents.
99 pauses by the doorway for a while. Why is it labeled Violet?
Then it finally comes back to her, and 99 laughs. "Oh, it does still. This room is broken. The rooms relabel themselves by who lives there, except, Violet's never actually been here. Well, not in this continuity, anyway. There was a huge mess with time travel, but the tower didn't quite keep up with it." It's a nice room, with a warm lamp and a small chandelier and a wide bed and a small table on which a softly glowing white-flowered plant is set.

Murkus
2013-11-14, 11:19 PM
[Frescot House]

Sakura smiles and scratches behind the rabbit's ears. It seems like the right thing to do, even if he's not real. Laela crawls over to her mom and pets Thumper too. "This is mommy. And that's daddy." She points at Adir. "And that's Cern and Gidon." She points over at the twins.

Real or not, Thumper appreciates it. He settles in and lets the girls pet him quite happily. He squeaks at Laela when she's finished with introductions, as though to say he understands. Adir grins. "So I guess it was a good surprise, huh?" The stag sets his plate down. "After lunch, wanna look at your room Laela? I've got all this paint. Maybe you could help make it colorful."

Beans
2013-11-14, 11:20 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner nods. Oooooh... kind of weird and complicated, but it honestly makes at least some sort of sense!
She trots to the bed, sitting down on it with a giggle. It's really nice!

Arkhosia
2013-11-14, 11:25 PM
Somewhere=>Clarissa's House

Celica looks at a business card for a few seconds.
... Time to visit an old acquaintance
She burns Khyli's business card, and appears in the study in Clarissa's house.
((FYI: Celica is unvampirized now! :smallbiggrin:))

The Alexandrian
2013-11-14, 11:40 PM
[Clarissa's House - Luxurious Office!]

This luxurious office is simply amazing. There are humongous, even imposing, oak bookcases overflowing with texts that no sane mortal could ever read, papers describing esoteric rituals and rites in minute detail and deeply disturbing creatures from beyond the veil. Most of the polished stone bookends appear to be handcrafted sculptures of cthulian creatures. A grand polished wooden desk with nothing stacked on top of it (aside from Khyli :smallwink:) flanked by an unfathomably comfortable leather armchair occupies the back of the chamber while two equally inviting leather couches oriented at an angle facing a gigantic television mounted upon the wall above a stately brick fireplace in which a roaring flame dances are situated in the front.

Khyli sits atop the desk when Celica teleports in. She raises an eyebrow inquisitively as Celica enters. She doesn't remember meeting this person. Could it be... Nooooo? No, couldn't be...

"Erm..."

"Hi?"

Well, this is awkward.

Arkhosia
2013-11-14, 11:45 PM

This luxurious office is simply amazing. There are humongous, even imposing oak bookcases filled with texts that no sane mortal could ever read detailing esoteric rituals and rights and creatures from beyond the veil. Most of the bookends appear to be handcrafted sculptures of cthulian creatures. A grand polished wooden desk with nothing stacked on top of it flanked by an unfathomably comfortable leather armchair occupies the back of the chamber while two equally comfortable leather couches oriented so at an angle toward a gigantic television set in the wall above a great brick fireplace are situated in the front.

Khyli sits atop the desk when Celica teleports in. She raises an eyebrow inquisitively as Celica enters. She doesn't remember meeting this person. Could it be... Nooooo? No, couldn't be...

"Erm..."

"Hi?"

Well, this is awkward.

Hello Khyli. Remember me?
Has your mom found your dad yet?

Terumitsu
2013-11-14, 11:45 PM
[Summit Springs]

This deep in her lab, Riss could only just hear the sound of heavy rains beating down upon the mountainside. It was a sound that she was finding more comforting as of late although she guessed it was because she getting father and farther from associating it with the acidic runoff that rain turned into from... Well, I can't say I can't call it 'home' by any measure.. The sound was always nice at least. Still, it was nearly droned out by the low hum that nevertheless had become ubiquitous with the number of servers she currently had running; each of them a simulacrum of a dreaming mind. all to shape a place she had no idea existed until relatively recently. She still had her doubts about the setup as it still felt wrong on some level to be able to create such change with what seemed to be a disproportionate action but Sora had been there for every step and it seemed to be working with hardly a hitch.

Still.. It's amazing that it'll only be just over a week to everyone else... She certainly had much better materials than when she had replaced her crumbling skeleton. Better equipment and methods as well. Already the other four tanks were active; shimmering slightly inside the strange divide created by the circle as if they were illusory. They needed more time simply because they were effectively starting from scratch although Riss felt quite glad that she had opted for solid walls rather than clear containers. It was both easier to mount the equipment inside and.. Well, she was of the opinion that she simply didn't need to see each and every detail in the process even if it was quite acclerated. She had plenty of instruments that were more effective than visual appraisal anyway.

The fifth chamber remained open, having been undergoing 'final' testing although the muse knew she was just wasting time at this point. She already knew it all worked. She knew every component of the sterile white container and, in turn, the whole system. Really, putting it all together had been good practice with using multiple forms even if they were strictly 'task bodies.' It had gotten to the point, now, that it felt like she was missing a few limbs whenever she wasn't using at least one; a fact that she was more amused by than anything given what they had been used for. Still, the open tank was a bit intimidating. Maybe it was the fact that she knew just what was going to happen to her physical form or maybe it was just some odd mix of anticipation and anxiety. Maybe I'm just different from last time. Back then I thought nothing of crawling into a tank that would take me apart. Then again.. Back then.. Did I ever really think that much of anything? The thought brought her a strange sort of chuckle. Then again, this is a much bigger step than before.. I don't think I'd be alone in feeling a bit apprehensive if it were someone else and.. Well, I can only imagine what they must feel like. I bet they think I'm being more crazy than usual. Sure, we've spoken about this but.. Well, talking and doing is still a pretty large gap, isn't it? Still, the end result will at least be something we can all enjoy. Especially seeing how I took all that trouble to perfect the scaling process. Mimi is going to be so surprised once I show her the result. Smiling to herself as the imagined scene played out in her mind, Riss finally got up from where she was observing the system and returned the task bodies to their charging docks. She had been putting it off for a while now but she had a short elevator ride up to figure out just what would be appropriate for her absence. Treat it like any other day? Make it an occasion? Maybe just spend the evening watching movies or something? Misha seemed to be getting quite into the craft ever since that night they had watched the lovably absurd film about the simian sharks risen from the dead by crazy weather. At least she seemed quite a fan of that one considering her recent costume choice. That had been a fun night, all in all... Though maybe the wine was coloring her perspective.

Maybe I should just let them choose. It's not like I always have to run everything. she considered as she stepped on the sterile white platform, the doors closing behind her. Still.. I'll have to ask Archie to... Hah. Seems like they've gotten me into the habit of calling them that too.. But I'll have to ask them to... Well, I'm betting they already know exactly what I'm going to ask at this point.. Might as well do it anyway. It'll make me feel better knowing someone is looking after them while I'm literally off in dreamland. The ride up ended with a pleasant tone and the doors in front of her opened. The noise from the storm was louder here and a flash of lightning soon gave way to thunder that she could nearly feel. The room here was dark save for the storm lantern lit inside with fire the color of seawater. It had been a commission of her's from Sora to at least partially overcome some of the shortcomings of her condition in the realm of thaumic sciences. It was a term she was staunchly sticking with if only because of personal tastes. Right now she had no immediate use for it although the black lotus flower that had been incorporated into it seemed to be doing quite well under the glass. That was always nice to see given that it had been a gift, after all.

At any rate she pulled down a portion of the walls that formed the room and stepped out into the better lit areas of her home, searching for either or both of her fey. She felt like she needed to at least semi-smother them in affection for the rest of the day given the circumstances.

Recaiden
2013-11-14, 11:46 PM
[Vann Estate]

99 nods, and bounces onto the bed. "It's nice to have ideas of how the place works, even when we don't totally understand it. I'd bring you to my room, across the way, but it's not very comfy."

Beans
2013-11-14, 11:50 PM
[Vann Estate]

99 nods, and bounces onto the bed. "It's nice to have ideas of how the place works, even when we don't totally understand it. I'd bring you to my room, across the way, but it's not very comfy."

Mmm, that's a pity, 'bout your room and all...
She scoots over to snuggle up to 99, grinning. Soooo then... how do you want to go about this?

Recaiden
2013-11-15, 12:01 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 shifts about. "You tell me. How should it be done?"

Beans
2013-11-15, 12:02 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner giggles, starting to pull off her sweater.
Well, if you're leaving the logistics up to me, I do know a bit about how to do this sort of thing... She grins as she starts to undress.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-15, 12:27 AM

"Uh... I can't honestly state that I do..."

Khyli replies, puzzled. She stares at Celica for a little while longer before she hops off of her desk and struts over to Celica, inhaling through her nose that she might identify Celica by her scent. If that is successful and Celica's scent has not changed from being unvampirized, Khyli will greet her with a cheery smile and converse with her thusly.

"Oh! I remember you now! You cured yourself of your vampirism. That threw me for a loop. Anyway, welcome back to the land of the living!"

She motions for Celica to seat herself on one of the leather couches.

"No. My dad hasn't returned. I don't think he ever will."

Khyli smiles sadly, though she hides that emotion in a heartbeat and continues.

"Would you like any scotch or tea or soda or lunch perhaps?"

If Khyli cannot identify Celica by her scent...

"No. She hasn't..."

"You didn't murder someone and, like, loot that card off of their cold, dead body, did you?"

That... That'd be bad.

Gullara
2013-11-15, 12:36 AM
Real or not, Thumper appreciates it. He settles in and lets the girls pet him quite happily. He squeaks at Laela when she's finished with introductions, as though to say he understands. Adir grins. "So I guess it was a good surprise, huh?" The stag sets his plate down. "After lunch, wanna look at your room Laela? I've got all this paint. Maybe you could help make it colorful." The stag holds his hand out palm up. "You like art, sweetie?"

[Frescot House]

"You get your own room to sleep in here, sweetie. You can help daddy colour the walls. Like you colour with your crayons." Sakura explains for Laela.

The little girl looks mystified at this. Her own room? Colouring the walls? "I like to colour." She agrees after a moment. Now she's curious about all this new stuff.

[Summit Springs]

((Posting here tomorrow.))

Murkus
2013-11-15, 12:47 AM
[Frescot House]

"Oh, you didn't know about that?" Adir leans toward Laela with a grin. "That's right Laela! Your own room. That's where all your toys n' things will go!"

Adir really must remember she's only a couple years old. She might not know words like art, and she might not immediately understand about living somewhere new. But he's trying hard, and trying hard to be very enthusiastic, as should be rather obvious. Hopefully not too hard.

((We don't necessarily have to play out the colouring of Laela's room. We can do the short version. :smalltongue:))

Recaiden
2013-11-15, 01:39 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 actually turns away from Seiner, shy. You shouldn't look at people when they're not all dressed. Unless you're killing them or saving them or measuring them for clothes or something.
"I'll leave it up to you. You're sure you want to..."
She's also trying to recall if she does know anything about this or not.

Beans
2013-11-15, 01:57 AM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner stops, still in undies and t-shirt, her sweater on the bed and her jeans caught up around her knees. Frowning a little, she hugs 99 gently.
I am... but only if you're sure too, Nines. Eager's one thing, but I'm not interested in forcing anything on the girl I love.
She kisses her girlfriend's cheek, nuzzling her softly. And if you are willing, I shouldn't be rushing you.

Arkhosia
2013-11-15, 06:12 AM

"Uh... I can't honestly state that I do..."

Khyli replies, puzzled. She stares at Celica for a little while longer before she hops off of her desk and struts over to Celica, inhaling through her nose that she might identify Celica by her scent. If that is successful and Celica's scent has not changed from being unvampirized, Khyli will greet her with a cheery smile and converse with her thusly.

"Oh! I remember you now! You cured yourself of your vampirism. That threw me for a loop. Anyway, welcome back to the land of the living!"

She motions for Celica to seat herself on one of the leather couches.

"No. My dad hasn't returned. I don't think he ever will."

Khyli smiles sadly, though she hides that emotion in a heartbeat and continues.

"Would you like any scotch or tea or soda or lunch perhaps?"

If Khyli cannot identify Celica by her scent...

"No. She hasn't..."

"You didn't murder someone and, like, loot that card off of their cold, dead body, did you?"

That... That'd be bad.

Her scent hasn't changed.
Thanks! It's so nice to be able to go out in yhe sun and not risk death.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I guess some soda would be nice.
Celica sits down.

Recaiden
2013-11-15, 11:14 AM
[Vann Estate]

99 remembers she must, otherwise she would not be so worried for Seiner. But now the fangire is hugging and being reaassuring. After nuzzling against her girlfriend for a moment, she goes to remove her own sweater (carefully, and only after setting the tie pin on the table) and other obstacles.
"You're not forcing anything. I just needed you to say." The vampire turns back to Seiner, smiling.

Beans
2013-11-15, 12:39 PM
[Vann Estate]

99 remembers she must, otherwise she would not be so worried for Seiner. But now the fangire is hugging and being reaassuring. After nuzzling against her girlfriend for a moment, she goes to remove her own sweater (carefully, and only after setting the tie pin on the table) and other obstacles.
"You're not forcing anything. I just needed you to say." The vampire turns back to Seiner, smiling.
Smiling back, the Fangire girl completes her own undressing. Mmm, and I guess I did... I love you, Nines.
Seiner starts to reach for the curtain!

Recaiden
2013-11-15, 06:00 PM
[Vann Estate]

"Thanks, Seiner. I love you too." The curtain falls. Nothing to see here.

When it rises, there's still at least 99 on the other side, still brimming with excitement and cuddled close to her fangire.

Slii Arhem
2013-11-15, 08:26 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"That brings up an important point," Copi says with a nod, "The paperwork is taken care of, everyone relevant knows, I have finished the will, we need to decide on the funeral. Julie, your input would be appreciated here. We need to decide where to intern her body, what to do about it, all that stuff. I need to check with some other things, but do you have any preferences about it?"

"If it were up to me, I'd repair her body to as close to a living state as possible to do away with whatever rot and mutilation occurred, slap as strong a preservation as we can afford onto it, and put it somewhere in a mausoleum where she won't die of starvation or oxygen deprivation if she somehow comes back. It's Kate we're talking about, and this is the Nexus, I wouldn't put it past her to be on her way back somehow. If that's a bit pricey, I can try to help foot the bill." Julie is trying to be practical, and spontaneous resurrection is a fact of life around here, even when the manual methods failed already.

Mintbalm nods, "Me too. Plus, we should see if anyone can put an alarm on her body, in case it moves itself, or someone else disturbs it." Finally, something the two strangers can agree on whole heartedly.

[Summit Springs]

This deep in her lab, Riss could only just hear the sound of heavy rains beating down upon the mountainside. It was a sound that she was finding more comforting as of late although she guessed it was because she getting father and farther from associating it with the acidic runoff that rain turned into from... Well, I can't say I can't call it 'home' by any measure.. The sound was always nice at least. Still, it was nearly droned out by the low hum that nevertheless had become ubiquitous with the number of servers she currently had running; each of them a simulacrum of a dreaming mind. all to shape a place she had no idea existed until relatively recently. She still had her doubts about the setup as it still felt wrong on some level to be able to create such change with what seemed to be a disproportionate action but Sora had been there for every step and it seemed to be working with hardly a hitch.

Still.. It's amazing that it'll only be just over a week to everyone else... She certainly had much better materials than when she had replaced her crumbling skeleton. Better equipment and methods as well. Already the other four tanks were active; shimmering slightly inside the strange divide created by the circle as if they were illusory. They needed more time simply because they were effectively starting from scratch although Riss felt quite glad that she had opted for solid walls rather than clear containers. It was both easier to mount the equipment inside and.. Well, she was of the opinion that she simply didn't need to see each and every detail in the process even if it was quite acclerated. She had plenty of instruments that were more effective than visual appraisal anyway.

The fifth chamber remained open, having been undergoing 'final' testing although the muse knew she was just wasting time at this point. She already knew it all worked. She knew every component of the sterile white container and, in turn, the whole system. Really, putting it all together had been good practice with using multiple forms even if they were strictly 'task bodies.' It had gotten to the point, now, that it felt like she was missing a few limbs whenever she wasn't using at least one; a fact that she was more amused by than anything given what they had been used for. Still, the open tank was a bit intimidating. Maybe it was the fact that she knew just what was going to happen to her physical form or maybe it was just some odd mix of anticipation and anxiety. Maybe I'm just different from last time. Back then I thought nothing of crawling into a tank that would take me apart. Then again.. Back then.. Did I ever really think that much of anything? The thought brought her a strange sort of chuckle. Then again, this is a much bigger step than before.. I don't think I'd be alone in feeling a bit apprehensive if it were someone else and.. Well, I can only imagine what they must feel like. I bet they think I'm being more crazy than usual. Sure, we've spoken about this but.. Well, talking and doing is still a pretty large gap, isn't it? Still, the end result will at least be something we can all enjoy. Especially seeing how I took all that trouble to perfect the scaling process. Mimi is going to be so surprised once I show her the result. Smiling to herself as the imagined scene played out in her mind, Riss finally got up from where she was observing the system and returned the task bodies to their charging docks. She had been putting it off for a while now but she had a short elevator ride up to figure out just what would be appropriate for her absence. Treat it like any other day? Make it an occasion? Maybe just spend the evening watching movies or something? Misha seemed to be getting quite into the craft ever since that night they had watched the lovably absurd film about the simian sharks risen from the dead by crazy weather. At least she seemed quite a fan of that one considering her recent costume choice. That had been a fun night, all in all... Though maybe the wine was coloring her perspective.

Maybe I should just let them choose. It's not like I always have to run everything. she considered as she stepped on the sterile white platform, the doors closing behind her. Still.. I'll have to ask Archie to... Hah. Seems like they've gotten me into the habit of calling them that too.. But I'll have to ask them to... Well, I'm betting they already know exactly what I'm going to ask at this point.. Might as well do it anyway. It'll make me feel better knowing someone is looking after them while I'm literally off in dreamland. The ride up ended with a pleasant tone and the doors in front of her opened. The noise from the storm was louder here and a flash of lightning soon gave way to thunder that she could nearly feel. The room here was dark save for the storm lantern lit inside with fire the color of seawater. It had been a commission of her's from Sora to at least partially overcome some of the shortcomings of her condition in the realm of thaumic sciences. It was a term she was staunchly sticking with if only because of personal tastes. Right now she had no immediate use for it although the black lotus flower that had been incorporated into it seemed to be doing quite well under the glass. That was always nice to see given that it had been a gift, after all.

At any rate she pulled down a portion of the walls that formed the room and stepped out into the better lit areas of her home, searching for either or both of her fey. She felt like she needed to at least semi-smother them in affection for the rest of the day given the circumstances.

Misha can be found in the greenhouse ring, resting after another long day of grit drilling her way towards her pool. She's been exercising her abilities a lot, though no new breakthroughs have come of using them yet. When asked about the lack of progress with finding new things to do with water, she's taken to shrugging and saying that she had to run out eventually, but she probably has a few more that she might not have figured out yet.

There is one she already demonstrated recently that needs some work though, so she's conscripted Mimi to help her with it. She can make tiny lifelike people out of water that she controls, using the same ability that lets her make her own projection outside of her pool. The problem is that although she can shift her consciousness between the tiny people and her main body if they're connected by a bit of water, doing so causes her main body to collapse since she doesn't have the control to keep such a large, complex physical form together when she's not in it. So there is a distinct size limit on the things she can make, and they don't move at all unless she directs them to since they aren't actually people.

Naturally, if she wants to use this for filming she's going to have to get better at it or figure out something else, so she's here as a tiny person herself, a bit taller than Mimi's height, and trying to get the littler fey to poke and prod at her simulacrums to see where she could improve. To that end, she's created one such simulacrum that looks like her, but with red hair so Mimi can tell between them. It's necessary, since both of the tiny Mishas are naked at the moment due to lack of proper tiny clothing.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-15, 08:56 PM
Sophie's Apartment

Copi nods. "That sounds reasonable. Very expensive, but reasonable. I want to ask Cosiellio about this, as well, in case he wants a say on this. Some research. A place for her to rest that won't be disturbed by necromancers. I'll think about it."

"If you want to do that, leave the poor girl a note," Sophie comments. "Also, I know enough about magic to know that much magic would be more expensive than my life savings."

"Likely, assuming we stick to professionals."

Gullara
2013-11-15, 09:04 PM
[Summit Springs]

Misha can be found in the greenhouse ring, resting after another long day of grit drilling her way towards her pool. She's been exercising her abilities a lot, though no new breakthroughs have come of using them yet. When asked about the lack of progress with finding new things to do with water, she's taken to shrugging and saying that she had to run out eventually, but she probably has a few more that she might not have figured out yet.

There is one she already demonstrated recently that needs some work though, so she's conscripted Mimi to help her with it. She can make tiny lifelike people out of water that she controls, using the same ability that lets her make her own projection outside of her pool. The problem is that although she can shift her consciousness between the tiny people and her main body if they're connected by a bit of water, doing so causes her main body to collapse since she doesn't have the control to keep such a large, complex physical form together when she's not in it. So there is a distinct size limit on the things she can make, and they don't move at all unless she directs them to since they aren't actually people.

Naturally, if she wants to use this for filming she's going to have to get better at it or figure out something else, so she's here as a tiny person herself, a bit taller than Mimi's height, and trying to get the littler fey to poke and prod at her simulacrums to see where she could improve. To that end, she's created one such simulacrum that looks like her, but with red hair so Mimi can tell between them. It's necessary, since both of the tiny Mishas are naked at the moment due to lack of proper tiny clothing.
[Summit Springs]

"Hm." Mimi walks around the latest mini Misha. She randomly pokes at the copy here and there. "Looks pretty good I think." She gives the copy's breasts a little squeeze. "Just checking!"

Then she goes over to the real Misha to compare. She gets the same poking an examining. Then suddenly, while she's behind Misha, Mimi goes to wrap her arms around the nereid from behind and cup her breasts in her hands. "I think you might have made these a bit big, though." She teases. This probably isn't the first time she's taken the opportunity to grope Misha.

[Frescot House]

"Oh, you didn't know about that?" Adir leans toward Laela with a grin. "That's right Laela! Your own room. That's where all your toys n' things will go!"

Adir really must remember she's only a couple years old. She might not know words like art, and she might not immediately understand about living somewhere new. But he's trying hard, and trying hard to be very enthusiastic, as should be rather obvious. Hopefully not too hard.

((We don't necessarily have to play out the colouring of Laela's room. We can do the short version. :smalltongue:))

[Frescot House]

A thought suddenly occurs to Laela. If she's here instead of where she was before... "Can I still play wit Cora and Bastin? Are they coming too?" She asks.

Beans
2013-11-15, 09:35 PM
[Vann Estate]

"Thanks, Seiner. I love you too." The curtain falls. Nothing to see here.

When it rises, there's still at least 99 on the other side, still brimming with excitement and cuddled close to her fangire.
Seiner is cuddled up to her vampire, head on her shoulder as she giggles softly. Mmmm, princess... love you.

Murkus
2013-11-15, 09:50 PM
[Frescot House]

"Sorry, sweetie, they don't live here... But we can take you to play with them," Adir assures her, smiling gently.

Terumitsu
2013-11-15, 11:02 PM
[Summit Springs]

Riss let out a small chuckle as she slipped into the greenhouse, breathing in the almost vitalizing scent of things growing. "I don't know..." she chimed in, kneeling down near the pair. "I always thought they were just perfect." she said with a sly sort of smile. Certainly, her past actions would attest to her opinion.

Leaning forwards, she reached out to gently bush a finger across Mimi's cheek before doing the same to Misha. "So how goes it here?" she asked softly, shifting to rest her chin in her hands unless either fey decided they had other ideas. "Should I let you two keep at it or do you think you'd be up for a bit of a break?" So, treating this like any other night it is. At least for now... It would likely be clear, at least to her fey, that despite her smile, the muse was still feeling just a little off. Of course, it would also be just as likely as to the reason why. Living with someone did tend to make their personal quirks that much easier to read after a while.

Recaiden
2013-11-15, 11:57 PM
[Vann Estate]

Oh good, she hasn't vanished.
"You are the best, Seiner." Wonder what she's laughing about.

Beans
2013-11-16, 12:10 AM
[Vann Estate]

Oh good, she hasn't vanished.
"You are the best, Seiner." Wonder what she's laughing about.
Seiner sighs in bliss. You're the bester... est! She grins, nuzzling her lover's cheek. You also smell pretty, and cuddle real well.

Gullara
2013-11-16, 12:50 AM
[Frescot House]

Laela smiles. "Okay." She says, instantly reassured. As long as she can still play with her friends.

Presumably we can jump forward at this point. I'll leave that up to you.

Recaiden
2013-11-16, 12:55 AM
[Vann Estate]

Oh, the mangling of superlatives that couples get up to. "I credit your example for it." 99 doesn't have the benefit of being adorable clumsy, but otherwise Seiner is a good example.

Beans
2013-11-16, 01:03 AM
[Vann estate]
She nods, kissing her neck. Aww, well... thanks, you're sweet and a good learner and also the prettiest girl ever, far as I'm concerned.

Halae
2013-11-16, 12:09 PM
[Sophie's Apartment]

the quartet of ladies will hear a knocking at the door. It's a confident, loud knock, but without the trappings of more complex knocking patterns.

The woman on the other side smiles. Four, all together! This'll be great!

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 12:11 PM
[Clarissa's House - Luxurious Office]

Oh. Khyli had forgotten how laconic this lagomorph tended to be. It isn't easy to converse with someone who doesn't say much...

"So..."

Khyli steps behind her desk yet again and procures a soda, a chilled glass, and fancy ice before combining the three into a glass of pop and attempting to hand it to Celica.

"On to business, then, I guess. Pray tell me the reason for your visit today."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 12:18 PM

Oh. Khyli had forgotten how laconic this lagomorph tended to be. It isn't easy to converse with someone who doesn't say much...

"So..."

Khyli steps behind her desk yet again and procures a soda, a chilled glass, and fancy ice before combining the three into a glass of pop and attempting to hand it to Celica.

"On to business, then, I guess. Pray tell me the reason for your visit today."

Celica takes the glass.
I wanted to talk to you about HALO and AMEN.
She seems a bit nervous.

Slii Arhem
2013-11-16, 12:19 PM
Sophie's Apartment

Copi nods. "That sounds reasonable. Very expensive, but reasonable. I want to ask Cosiellio about this, as well, in case he wants a say on this. Some research. A place for her to rest that won't be disturbed by necromancers. I'll think about it."

"If you want to do that, leave the poor girl a note," Sophie comments. "Also, I know enough about magic to know that much magic would be more expensive than my life savings."

"Likely, assuming we stick to professionals."

[Sophie's Apartment]

the quartet of ladies will hear a knocking at the door. It's a confident, loud knock, but without the trappings of more complex knocking patterns.

The woman on the other side smiles. Four, all together! This'll be great!

Sophie's Apartment

"Then I'll pay for that, and let you worry about your savings instead." Mintbalm insists just as the knock comes. She doesn't bother getting up, letting one of the hosts take it instead.

Julie ponders just how much money Mintbalm is sure she has if she can so confidently offer that much up, but if Kate had a rich friend then good for her.

[Summit Springs]

"Hm." Mimi walks around the latest mini Misha. She randomly pokes at the copy here and there. "Looks pretty good I think." She gives the copy's breasts a little squeeze. "Just checking!"

Then she goes over to the real Misha to compare. She gets the same poking an examining. Then suddenly, while she's behind Misha, Mimi goes to wrap her arms around the nereid from behind and cup her breasts in her hands. "I think you might have made these a bit big, though." She teases. This probably isn't the first time she's taken the opportunity to grope Misha.

[Frescot House]

A thought suddenly occurs to Laela. If she's here instead of where she was before... "Can I still play wit Cora and Bastin? Are they coming too?" She asks.

[Summit Springs]

Riss let out a small chuckle as she slipped into the greenhouse, breathing in the almost vitalizing scent of things growing. "I don't know..." she chimed in, kneeling down near the pair. "I always thought they were just perfect." she said with a sly sort of smile. Certainly, her past actions would attest to her opinion.

Leaning forwards, she reached out to gently bush a finger across Mimi's cheek before doing the same to Misha. "So how goes it here?" she asked softly, shifting to rest her chin in her hands unless either fey decided they had other ideas. "Should I let you two keep at it or do you think you'd be up for a bit of a break?" So, treating this like any other night it is. At least for now... It would likely be clear, at least to her fey, that despite her smile, the muse was still feeling just a little off. Of course, it would also be just as likely as to the reason why. Living with someone did tend to make their personal quirks that much easier to read after a while.

Summit Springs

"You try getting proportions right when you don't have a couple of magic rings to change size for you. It's not the easiest thing in the world." Misha shoots back good-naturedly as Riss runs a finger along her face, causing her to shiver pleasantly again at the touch after just doing so in response to Mimi's shameless grope.

"I'd like it if you were here too Riss. It's always too long when you're not there, even when it's short. Besides, you can help too even though Mimi has a better perspective at this height. But... if you'd like to do something else, we can take a break instead." More eyes and fingers examining her work is for the better, but more time doing other fun things with Riss is certainly tempting.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-16, 12:21 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"My," Copi says, "Aren't we popular today?" She will then go and open the door.

Halae
2013-11-16, 12:29 PM
[Sophie's Apartment]

The first thing Copi is liable to notice is the rather exorbitant breasts on this lady. We're talking enormous jugs, in excess of what one would see even on Julie. She wears an eye-catching corset that at once shows off and supports her egregious bustline, with a short but long-sleeved denim jacket covering other parts of her. Less impressive, but still eye-catching, are her hips, wrapped in a pair of tight Jeans. on her feet are a pair of runners - which is funny, as he body type suggests she won't be running much of anywhere. Her curly brown hair hangs around her freckled, heart shaped face, showing off her luscious, kissable lips and dazzling eyes. Altogether, she's a beautiful, if exaggerated, woman.

She extends a hand in greeting, "Hello! My name's Mary. I was hoping I might talk to you for a moment about a relatively pressing concern."

Slii Arhem
2013-11-16, 12:31 PM
Sophie's Apartment

Two eyebrows on two very different women are raised in tandem at the strange, silly person.

Julie can't help but adding to the incredulous gesture with an, "Oh?" while Mintbalm chooses to remain silent.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 12:36 PM

Khyli flops onto one of the ineffably wonderful couches in an extraordinarily relaxed fashion.

"Well, what did you want to know? There's quite a lot to say about those two orgs."

Khyli has gathered quite an impressive stockpile of information on AMEN. As for HALO, she has never contacted a member directly, so much of her information was gathered from secondary/tertiary sources.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-16, 12:38 PM
Sophie's Apartment

"Before you continue, miss," Copi says politely, "I would want to warn you that this apartment is in mourning, and as thus may react strongly to certain things. Do you want to continue with this right now?"

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 12:43 PM

Khyli flops onto one of the couches in an extraordinarily relaxed fashion.

"Well, what did you want to know? There's quite a lot to say about those two orgs."

Khyli has gathered quite an impressive stockpile of information on AMEN. As for HALO, she has never contacted a member directly, so much of her information was gathered from secondary/tertiary sources.

Well, I've been considering joining HALO because I do want to aid people, but I don't want to cause harm to AMEN because I am allies with a few members directly or indirectly, and their opposition with Clegg.

Halae
2013-11-16, 12:44 PM
[Sophie's Apartment]

"Oh, it won't take but a moment!" Mary says cheerfully, despite the bit about mourning. She extends her hands outwards and there will be a blinding flash, as if a flash-bang grenade had gone off right in the doorway.

This is several effects combined at once, to be honest. It's a mini-blackout spell, to cause the people affected by it to be knocked out for about a second - concentrated enough that it should break through defenses, but that's what it's built for. it only knocks people out for about a second to disorient them. Within that moment though, Mary will have vanished, leaving the four women with enchantments on each of them that, from the disorientation, they may not realize are on them. No visible changes have taken place yet, though.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-16, 12:51 PM
Sophie's Apartment

Copi stands back up. She's going to have to find that person later and have a talk about being polite. Sure, it seems extreme from a flashbang spell, but if you cast a flashbang spell it because you're doing something else. The question is what.

Sophie shakes her head and gets up awkwardly. That was a lot further to the ground than usual. A LOT further.

Halae
2013-11-16, 01:03 PM
[Sophie's Apartment]

Activated as a contingent part of the flashbang, those with magically attuned senses (probably only Mintbalm. Maybe.) will be able to tell that the group has been enchanted with... something. What, exactly, will become evident over the next minute or so.

This is actually a two layer enchantment. The first is the most obvious part, as the ladies gathered here will be able to see their clothing straining. Thighs and hips swell to the sort of size that julie typically enjoys, though she herself doesn't receive any sort of increase in that area. She will, however, 'benefit' from the second part, as their breasts begin to grow, attaining enormous (but perky) sizes within the space of a couple minutes, beating out Julie's classic size. further, their eyes will seem more vibrant, alive, and expressive, and lips will become full and kissable. finally, their hair will gain in volume and length, becoming thick and beautiful as it cascades down their backs. But this is an enchantment rather than an instantaneous spell - until the enchantment itself is destroyed, they'll return to these "Idealized" forms regardless of what modifications happen to them.

The second part is more insidious, but just as blunt. while perhaps not obvious to those who don't work with the mind, Copi and Julie should have no trouble detecting the second part of the enchantment - a simple effect that manipulates the mind into enjoying the changes, and wanting to keep them. Once detected, easily squashed. Unlike the body effect though, once dealt with the mental part of the effect is gone forever.

I expect there will be much in the way of torn clothing.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 01:06 PM

"Who are you allied to?"

Khyli inquires, eyebrow raised.

"If you're allied with people cooperating with Clegg, then there shouldn't be much of a problem in fighting AMEN. Clegg is getting the boot from one of the stronger members named Clarissa that he fired cannonballs at in futile attempt to kill her. HALO itself got thrashed in AMENside during that same event."

She shrugs nonchalantly.

"If you want to help people without hurting others, you might consider joining GLoG. If you want to try to beat evildoers with a stick, you could try joining HALO, but they've made enemies of both Clegg and AMEN individually, so if you don't want to fight AMEN or Clegg..."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 01:14 PM

"Who are you allied to?"

Khyli inquires, eyebrow raised.

"If you're allied with people cooperating with Clegg, then there shouldn't be much of a problem in joining HALO. Clegg is getting the boot from one of the stronger members named Clarissa that he fired cannonballs at in futile attempt to kill her. HALO got thrashed in AMENside during that same event."

She shrugs nonchalantly.

"If you want to help people without hurting others, you might consider joining GLoG. If you want to try to beat evildoers with a stick, you could try joining HALO, but they've made enemies of both Clegg and AMEN, so if you don't want to fight AMEN or Clegg..."

I'm actually strongly opposed to Clegg. He's one of the only two undead I would ever call scum.
I don't mind hurting people, I just don't want to hurt those I consider friends. My cousin recently joined, and I consider you a friend, and I believe you said your mother is an AMEN member.

Lost_Deep
2013-11-16, 01:19 PM
Sophie's Apartment

Copi does notice the mental part immediately, and will quash it. She also becomes highly uncomfortable in her clothes, because her outfit is durable enough that it does not break or rip. Elder hellhound hide is durable that way. Copi does, however, immediately shut and lock the door. This is going to be awkward.

Sophie is not so lucky, and her already long and unmanageable hair becomes even more unmanageable. In addition, she's only wearing a tank top (her lower half is spidery, you might remember) which immediately suffers, strains, and breaks. Sophie frowns in annoyance.

Copi, meanwhile, takes off her nice dress. She doesn't want to be crushed by it, you know, and awkwardness is better than being crushed. Copi's underthings, however, are doomed.

Having made sure that she will survive, Copi states, "Don't trust your thoughts. That came with a mental effect."

That news is enough for Sophie to release some weapons-grade vocabulary.

Recaiden
2013-11-16, 01:41 PM
[Vann Estate]

She nods, kissing her neck. Aww, well... thanks, you're sweet and a good learner and also the prettiest girl ever, far as I'm concerned.

99 blushes, not bright red, as she hasn't fed recently enough, but quite a bit. Seiner is too compliments. "Thank you. You should look in a mirror, though. :smalltongue:"
Something familiar about that.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 01:43 PM
I'm actually strongly opposed to Clegg. He's one of the only two undead I would ever call scum.
I don't mind hurting people, I just don't want to hurt those I consider friends. My cousin recently joined, and I consider you a friend, and I believe you said your mother is an AMEN member.

"Smart girl."

Khyli smirks with some measure of amusement.

"Because that AMENite that's kicking Clegg out of AMEN and repulsed HALO from AMENside is my mother and you're sitting on a couch in her house right now."

"I've heard that a large portion of the membership of HALO are noncombatants, but could you live with yourself if you knew you were helping people who were trying to kill your friends?"

Beans
2013-11-16, 01:52 PM
[Vann Estate]
99 blushes, not bright red, as she hasn't fed recently enough, but quite a bit. Seiner is too compliments. "Thank you. You should look in a mirror, though. :smalltongue:"
Something familiar about that.
Seiner giggles again, kissing her lips gently. I have---sure, I'm pretty, but you're beautiful. She hugs her girlfriend tightly, nestling against her all warm and soft.

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 01:56 PM

"Smart girl."

Khyli smirks with some measure of amusement.

"Because that AMENite that's kicking Clegg out of AMEN and repulsed HALO from AMENside is my mother and you're sitting on a couch in her house right now."

"I've heard that a large portion of the membership of HALO are noncombatants, but could you live with yourself if you knew you were helping people who were trying to kill your friends?"

I... I don't think I could.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 02:20 PM

"Then perhaps you shouldn't join up with HALO."

Khyli advises. Celica pretty much answered her own question.

"If WATCH had remained true to their original goals, I'd recommend them to you, but in late days, they've decided that they're a good aligned org that hates evil and wants AMEN expunged."

"You could join GLoG. They do peaceful charity work and redeem villains to help people."

"Of course, if that doesn't appeal to you, I've heard rumors that superheroes have been sighted in Skyside. You might try dressing up in tight spandex and fighting crime. They might let you join their club, if you gain enough renown."

Recaiden
2013-11-16, 02:24 PM
[Vann Estate]

Seiner giggles again, kissing her lips gently. I have---sure, I'm pretty, but you're beautiful. She hugs her girlfriend tightly, nestling against her all warm and soft.

99 returns the kiss, fluttering. Too compliment! She hugs Seiner close, neither warm nor cold.

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 02:26 PM

"Then perhaps you shouldn't join up with HALO."

Khyli advises. Celica pretty much answered her own question.

"If WATCH had remained true to their original goals, I'd recommend them to you, but in late days, they've decided that they're a good aligned org that hates evil and wants AMEN expunged."

"You could join GLoG. They do peaceful charity work and redeem villains to help people."

"Of course, if that doesn't appeal to you, I've heard rumors that superheroes have been sighted in Skyside. You might try dressing up in tight spandex and fighting crime. They might let you join their club, if you gain enough renown."

Hmm... Probably the very latter option.

Beans
2013-11-16, 02:32 PM
[Vann Estate]
99 returns the kiss, fluttering. Too compliment! She hugs Seiner close, neither warm nor cold.
Seiner makes an effort to warm up her tepid (though only in physical temperature, not affection) girlfriend, cuddling her softly. Mmmm... I guess regular vampires don't have the same body heat as Fangires.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 02:38 PM

"Better think up a theme, a color scheme for your costume, and a cool superhero name, then."

Khyli replies, yawning lazily.

"If you have something in mind, I may be able to help you create your costume. Oh, and if you don't have any superpowers, you're going to need a wicked arsenal of gadgets."

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 02:42 PM

"Better think up a theme, a color scheme for your costume, and a cool superhero name, then."

Khyli replies, yawning lazily.

"If you have something in mind, I may be able to help you create your costume. Oh, and if you don't have any superpowers, you're going to need a wicked arsenal of gadgets."

Celica smiles at the last part.
I'm a Weaponsmith. I built this thing.
She unholsters Umbra Veil and turns it into blade mode. It's pointed at the floor and in a non-hostile position, obviously
Rather proud of this.

The Alexandrian
2013-11-16, 02:52 PM

Interesting! Probably cool because it's a gunblade, but definitely interesting. Could use more description though. Aside from the fact that it is a gunblade, I know nothing about the weapon so my char can't oooo or ahhhh about its probable awesomeness.

"That looks pretty lethal. Superheroes don't usually do lethal 'cept The Punisher."

"Y'know, I've always wondered about gunblades. Don't they get gummed up if blood and guts enter the barrel?" :smallconfused:

Arkhosia
2013-11-16, 02:58 PM

Interesting! Probably cool because it's a gunblade, but definitely interesting. Could use more description though. Aside from the fact that it is a gunblade, I know nothing about the weapon so my char can't oooo or ahhhh about its probable awesomeness.

"That looks pretty lethal. Superheroes don't usually do lethal 'cept The Punisher."

"Y'know, I've always wondered about gunblades. Don't they get gummed up if blood and guts enter the barrel?" :smallconfused:

It's basically just a pistol with the handle on the back and a long 6" blade extending from below the barrel.
To be fair, the only things we fought back home were Grimm.
I don't know, honestly. Grimm don't have that sort of stuff they're beasts made of shadow.

Recaiden
2013-11-16, 06:43 PM
[Vann Estate]

Seiner makes an effort to warm up her tepid (though only in physical temperature, not affection) girlfriend, cuddling her softly. Mmmm... I guess regular vampires don't have the same body heat as Fangires.

Well, she's been quite warmed recently. 99 shakes her head. "No. We make the heat of blood go further than it should, but we don't need to stay warm like you, so our bodies don't."

Beans
2013-11-16, 06:59 PM
[Vann Estate]
Seiner nods, rubbing her lover's side gently. Doesn't make you any less fun to snuggle, though... She nestles her head on 99's shoulder.