PDA

View Full Version : Submit to my will... [Feat]

pyrefiend
2007-01-05, 09:04 PM
Telepathic Edge [Psionic]
Your attempts to persuade others are tinted with psionic influence.

Prereqisites: Cha 15, Telepathy Discipline
Benefit: As a swift action, you may choose to lace your words with a hint of telepathic control. You must have psionic focus to use this ability. You earn a +4 modifier to the next charisma-based skill check you make, plus another +2 for each power point you spend from your daily reserve (maximum +14)
Any balance issues now?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-05, 10:39 PM
Ummm... I'm not too sure where you get the idea that psionic influences and mundane communication can't be mixed. There are at least 2 powers, empathy and telempathic projection, that grant bonuses to interaction skills already.

That said, your feat is a good one, since it doesn't require power points. I might make it have a larger bonus, and require that you be psionically focused to use it, but other than that...

pyrefiend
2007-01-05, 10:55 PM
Ummm... I'm not too sure where you get the idea that psionic influences and mundane communication can't be mixed. There are at least 2 powers, empathy and telempathic projection, that grant bonuses to interaction skills already.
Alright, sure. I'll just remove that part in the feat.

That said, your feat is a good one, since it doesn't require power points. I might make it have a larger bonus, and require that you be psionically focused to use it, but other than that...
OK, I'll add psionic focus and a larger bonus. Done.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-05, 10:59 PM
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean "expend". I meant "have".

pyrefiend
2007-01-06, 05:38 PM
So, at this point, is the feat safe for in-game use?