PDA

View Full Version : Anything need fluffing?

D20ragon
2013-10-28, 04:02 PM
So,I am not so good at the crunch side of homebrew,but really enjoy fluffing. So,if fluff is needed,submit a post! I will get to it speedily. Or,if you would like to help in my fluff quest,say so here!

Xerlith
2013-10-28, 04:31 PM
If you say so, how can I not ask... :smallbiggrin:
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15659930&postcount=1)

D20ragon
2013-10-28, 04:34 PM
All right,I'll start brainstorming.

toapat
2013-10-28, 04:41 PM
i could use some better fluff for my paladin here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259330)

D20ragon
2013-10-28, 05:28 PM
Any specifics?

toapat
2013-10-28, 06:47 PM
Any specifics?

just, meatier fluff for the class

it could be a story, or whatever you want

D20ragon
2013-10-28, 06:57 PM
Xerith,here goes.

Long ago,Marith Sunwelve,a paladin of great renown,saw that honor and civilization were not the only things worth defending. The Weave,magic itself,also needed shelter from those who would exploit or outright destroy it.

And so,she,along with Sasha Brightstar,a wizard who also saw this need,created a artifact,the Loom,to safeguard a portion of the weave.
So long as the Loom remained intact,the weave could never be fully destroyed. Using the Loom,they crafted themselves a headquarters,out of spun stone and spellfire,and founded a order,the Champions of Mystic Fire,to insure the Loom remained safe. Long years passed,and eventually,one champion who's name has been stricken from all records,became insnared by the power the loom promised. He stole the loom,and fled,using the loom to aid his escape. He attempted to use the loom to replace Mystra,but failed,the spirits of Marith and Sasha opposing him,he was cursed to life as a shard of stone. However,his last act was to command the loom to hide itself,which it did. Now,no one has been able to restore it to the Champions,though many have devoted their lives to doing so.

The Champions headquarters,the Woven Fortress,is located deep in the (mountain range of your choice).
The place resembles a building made of lace,with rising turrets,and spun archways. However,no known weaver could have made it,for the entire castle is made of stone,lit with dancing blue motes of magical fire. A guard is kept,day and night,and the spells cast make it difficult to reach unseen.
At present,the fortress is inhabited by 248 paladins of various power,and about 47 wizards,sorcerers and other arcane casters. Matters are decided by an inner council of 7,who are sometimes graced by the spirits of Marith or Sasha. 2 seats are kept in their honor at all times.
To become a member,trainees must pass a series of tests,the first of which is locating the Fortress. They must demonstrate a respect for the Weave,and a willingness to do anything to defend it. The last trial,referred to as "the blessing of the Weave",trainees,through a magical ritual,actually enter the Weave,were they are judged by the force of magic itself. If they are successful,they are anointed by the council,and take their place among the champions. If they fail,they are expected to leave the fortress. what else would you like?

TuggyNE
2013-10-29, 04:47 AM
I'm a bit more of a mechanics guy, so if you could take a look at my orbs of fire/cold/force/magma and suggest some flavor text for them, I'd really appreciate it. (Whether just the one-line italicized bit, or more than that, is up to you.)

D20ragon
2013-10-29, 06:04 AM
Can do! :smallcool:

Diovid
2013-10-29, 06:19 AM
Well.. If it's not too much work my scholar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311003) could use a little fluff.

Xuldarinar
2013-10-29, 06:38 AM
I'll be the first to admit, I am very 'hit or miss' when it comes to home-brew mechanics, and have more difficulty on the side of fluff.

A recent creation of mine, a creature, I think could use a lot of fluff. If you don't mind the room, I did try my hand at making a demon lord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311277) recently.

D20ragon
2013-10-29, 06:48 AM
I'll get to it ASAP.:smallbiggrin:

D20ragon
2013-10-29, 06:50 AM
Both of em'.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-10-29, 06:58 AM
i have The Parasprite Swarm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288478) and The Dungbeast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14073288#post14073288) if you are interested

toapat
2013-10-29, 07:39 AM
Both of em'.

i think you blurred together the 2 paladin requests

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-10-29, 08:16 AM
My homebrew is generally fluffy crunch, meaning it isn't yet game mechanics, but not quite setting only material. Its the fluff that will inspire and IS the crunch as well. Sounds like something down your alley...I've been looking for someone to bounce ideas with and ask questions about the project and such. In other words, more creative input or opinion.

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271379), see what you think! :smallsmile:

D20ragon
2013-10-29, 03:17 PM
i think you blurred together the 2 paladin requests
Nah,I just haven't gotten to it the paladin class yet.

D20ragon
2013-10-29, 06:29 PM
Paladin fluff.
Shara brightblade gasped,then regreted it,as her injured lung protested painfully. Her vision was beginning to fade,the auras of evil shadowy and indistinct.
A hand touched her back. She turned,sword at the ready,though every muscle in her body resisted.
A flood of energy washed over her,clean and pure,washing away the imperfections of her body,her cuts lessening.
Domas trostun,another member of her order stepped back,then used the same motion to send the energy that had healed Shara coursing through the body of the clawed corpse to the right of him. This time,the energy found nothing but imperfection,and the thing collapsed to the ground,smoking.
"many thanks" she said,a wave of relief running through her body. Her time to go was not yet,at least.
"save it for when we've won,"Domas said,skewering another corpse through the chest."the Damned keep coming!" someone shouted. "They've made it through the south gate"
Shara closed her eyes,remembering the words of the scripture she'd studied earlier."The Lady shall make my arm strong,that I may show to the world her majesty."
"praise the Lady",she whispered,her body filling with power,as the gate splintered,and the Damned filled the temple.

toapat
2013-10-29, 06:58 PM
*snip*

thanks, ill get that into the topic as soon as i have time

lemme guess, Shara cast Divine power on herself.

D20ragon
2013-10-30, 03:54 PM
I'm a bit more of a mechanics guy, so if you could take a look at my orbs of fire/cold/force/magma and suggest some flavor text for them, I'd really appreciate it. (Whether just the one-line italicized bit, or more than that, is up to you.)

Magma:"I keep trying to explain how he's the only one standing between me and world domination,but he keeps going "help,help,I'm covered in lava!"
Man's impossible to talk to."

Fire:"Yes,it is a ball of fire drawn from the elemental inferno. No,you can't play catch with it. No,I will not change my mind."

Ice:"destroying enemies and chilling drinks since first edition."

Force:"can't see it,can't touch it,still dead."

Thunderfist12
2013-10-30, 04:40 PM
... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311833)

Please make a region.

D20ragon
2013-10-30, 04:57 PM
I'll take a more detailed look at it a bit later,and give it a go.

Thunderfist12
2013-10-30, 04:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks again!

TuggyNE
2013-10-30, 06:10 PM
Magma:"I keep trying to explain how he's the only one standing between me and world domination,but he keeps going "help,help,I'm covered in lava!"
Man's impossible to talk to."

Fire:"Yes,it is a ball of fire drawn from the elemental inferno. No,you can't play catch with it. No,I will not change my mind."

Ice:"destroying enemies and chilling drinks since first edition."

Force:"can't see it,can't touch it,still dead."

Heheh, thanks!

D20ragon
2013-10-30, 06:21 PM
Well.. If it's not too much work my scholar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311003) could use a little fluff.

"To the left!" Makquivin Alton shouted,his voice hoarse with exertion.
"No,no! The left! I've studied this thing,and it's weak point is defiantly under its left arm! The left one! Ach,do I have to do everything myself?"

The scholar strode forward,unsheathing his blade. "D'kuva!" he shouted."I know your secret name!"
The horror fliched,giving Makquivin enough time to sink his blade in the beasts shoulder. The thing howled in agony. The scholar smiled,knowing exactly which nerve caused that pain.
"Now back!" he shouted. This species is quite volitile when wounded!"...

Xerlith
2013-10-30, 07:52 PM
I like it. Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Philemonite
2013-10-31, 06:46 AM
This is an awesome thread, I will keep an eye on it, I will probably need some help once I get back to brewing.:smallwink:

D20ragon
2013-10-31, 06:47 AM
Thanks!:smallsmile:

D20ragon
2013-10-31, 09:55 AM
I'll be the first to admit, I am very 'hit or miss' when it comes to home-brew mechanics, and have more difficulty on the side of fluff.

A recent creation of mine, a creature, I think could use a lot of fluff. If you don't mind the room, I did try my hand at making a demon lord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311277) recently.

A mass of shadowy forms rises out of the gloom,wriggling and twisting.
It stays to the corners of your vision,growing,shrinking,bulging up only to recede into the shadows,myriads of shadow faces and hands reaching out toward you.
You instinctively look away,knowing that if you saw it,it would break your mind...and in the madness,you might see its true form,a fate far more terrible.

I can do more,but that's the italics bit,you know,describing the monster.

Hovannes
2013-10-31, 10:35 AM
Fluff? Like review and suggest improvements?

If so, check out Poisons (https://sites.google.com/site/pointsystemgaming/adv-rules---downloads/poisons) page and let me know what is missing?

Maybe a good graphic would be cool too.

Xuldarinar
2013-10-31, 01:45 PM
A mass of shadowy forms rises out of the gloom,wriggling and twisting.
It stays to the corners of your vision,growing,shrinking,bulging up only to recede into the shadows,myriads of shadow faces and hands reaching out toward you.
You instinctively look away,knowing that if you saw it,it would break your mind...and in the madness,you might see its true form,a fate far more terrible.

I can do more,but that's the italics bit,you know,describing the monster.

Thank you. That really is a lot of it. I can figure the rest out, though contributions are welcome. The description was really what I needed most.

Diovid
2013-10-31, 06:21 PM
Thank you kind sir :smallsmile:

Xuldarinar
2013-10-31, 09:50 PM
Fluff? Like review and suggest improvements?

If so, check out Poisons (https://sites.google.com/site/pointsystemgaming/adv-rules---downloads/poisons) page and let me know what is missing?

Maybe a good graphic would be cool too.

Fluff refers to flavor text.

D20ragon
2013-11-02, 03:08 PM
Bump.:smallbiggrin:
Sooo,the dung beast eh? I'll get on it.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-02, 09:18 PM
Bump.:smallbiggrin:
Sooo,the dung beast eh? I'll get on it.

Thank you in advance.

Xuldarinar
2013-11-03, 10:39 AM
Satisfied with your help previously, heres an older homebrew of mine I need help with appropriately fluffing. An NPC mystery-using class, the Obscultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16158985).

D20ragon
2013-11-03, 01:01 PM
Ahh,a satisfied customer. I'll get to it. As for now,The dungbeast.

You smell the beast far before you see it. Your stomach rebels against the oder,and bile rises in your throat. Now you can hear it too, squelching footsteps,and then,a splash as it dives into the river. You see the water darken,turning brownish grey.
And suddenly,it is in front of you,it's stocky legs propelling it from the river. The water has done nothing to clean it,rather,it's appearance is more disgusting,the filth smeared to its leathery hide. It smashes it's front feet into your chest. Dazed by its smell as you are,it's all you can do to take the blow,and stagger backwards,the creatures beady eyes watching. The two openings on the sides of its oval head flex,and suddenly you are covered in dung,the smell assailing your senses,weakening you. As you crawl away, completely defeated,you sincerely hope none of your friends ever hear about this meeting with a Dungbeast

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-03, 01:41 PM
Ahh,a satisfied customer. I'll get to it. As for now,The dungbeast.

You smell the beast far before you see it. Your stomach rebels against the oder,and bile rises in your throat. Now you can hear it too, squelching footsteps,and then,a splash as it dives into the river. You see the water darken,turning brownish grey.
And suddenly,it is in front of you,it's stocky legs propelling it from the river. The water has done nothing to clean it,rather,it's appearance is more disgusting,the filth smeared to its leathery hide. It smashes it's front feet into your chest. Dazed by its smell as you are,it's all you can do to take the blow,and stagger backwards,the creatures beady eyes watching. The two openings on the sides of its oval head flex,and suddenly you are covered in dung,the smell assailing your senses,weakening you. As you crawl away, completely defeated,you sincerely hope none of your friends ever hear about this meeting with a Dungbeast

thank you very much kind sir

D20ragon
2013-11-03, 02:08 PM
You are quite welcome

D20ragon
2013-11-03, 07:35 PM
Question. Is the parasprite swarm bugs,or sprites?

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-03, 07:39 PM
Question. Is the parasprite swarm bugs,or sprites?

they are like colored fuzz balls with insect wings.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-11-04, 08:16 AM
Did you get my request earlier? I know its a bit different from what other people are submitting, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask!

toapat
2013-11-04, 12:36 PM
they are like colored fuzz balls with insect wings.

so, winged Tribbles

Xuldarinar
2013-11-04, 12:40 PM
so, winged Tribbles

They sound like they could be trouble.

D20ragon
2013-11-04, 04:01 PM
Did you get my request earlier? I know its a bit different from what other people are submitting, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask!

Yes,sorry. I've been doing some other stuff. I'll come and check it out soon. I read some of the fate section and was impressed.

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-11-05, 07:40 AM
Yes,sorry. I've been doing some other stuff. I'll come and check it out soon. I read some of the fate section and was impressed.

Cool! It is one of three related forces I'm working on, and certainly could use creative input, so I'd love your help whenever you get the chance, but no rush. I've been working on these things for quite awhile. Also, great work here! I've enjoyed reading your contributions to other people's fluff requests. :smallsmile:

D20ragon
2013-11-06, 04:04 PM
Sorry 'bout the delay.
Here's...
A hum and twitter fills your ears. From a distance,the land seems to shimmer,shades of blue,pink and green. You ready your sword,awaiting whatever this new evil might be.
And then you see it. Thousands of whirring wings,fuzzy bodies..."what dark magic is this" you snarl,and swing your swo-but omigod their so cute! you can't possibly hit such cute creatures...
OW! Damn,that hurt! Are they biting? "Get away from me!" you scream,sounding considerably less macho.
But the parasprite swarm keeps coming...

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-06, 08:29 PM
Once again I must thank you D20ragon.

D20ragon
2013-11-09, 08:12 AM
Satisfied with your help previously, heres an older homebrew of mine I need help with appropriately fluffing. An NPC mystery-using class, the Obscultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16158985).

From a land of death and night,far from this mortal plane,the Shadows dwell. They whisper to me,dancing in the corners of my vision,telling me I must learn more,more,taunting me when my knowledge is not sufficient,when my talent is not great enough.
And so I use what power I have to make them mine,using them,sending them spinning,whirling about,trying to silence their whispers.
But still they laugh,saying,chuckling-it is not enough! You need more! Sell your soul! Sell your friends! How will you find power if you are so weak!-
So I isolate myself,so I am not tempted. But I can not run from my soul,and sometimes I worry that I will slip up,that I will sell my soul,my humanity. And still they laugh.
Perhaps my soul is already theirs.

Volcan
2013-11-11, 07:31 PM
How do I put a link to this thread on my rodent rebellions thread. This is a nice cool thread and if anyone likes my thread they mite need character fluff

D20ragon
2013-11-13, 07:50 PM
Bumpity bump bump-bump bump.
C'mon people! Bring me fluff tasks!

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-14, 07:32 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.
Carnivorous Vines (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311632)

D20ragon
2013-11-14, 07:35 PM
All right!:smallbiggrin:

ddude987
2013-11-14, 07:53 PM
Okay I really need some fluff. I've been working on this concept of two organizations that were founded based on some persons ideals for several weeks now and I've gotten nowhere. Here's what I have so far:

Both organizations were made as followers in two different peoples footsteps. In truth, the people they were developed after are the same person, but that truth has been lost to time. The groups names are "The Wanderers of the Lost" and "The High Patrons."

Because of retellings of stories and localization as well as different opinions and translating to different languages, the deeds and ideals of the "two people" are different enough that it would not be easy to figure out they were really the same person. Because of this difference, the two organizations are against each other. Both organizations to represent some sort of good so that the average person would be likely to be influenced by them and even want to join them. As such, both groups largely appeal to the public.

The fluff that I am looking for would be on each of the two people, you can even come up with names if you like.

Thanks for everything.

Legendxp
2013-11-17, 01:02 AM
Fluffing for free? I feel like sooner or later some guy with a 30 page list is going to come along...

Anyways, I'd like some flavorful spells for my jester (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16309340). I can work on the mechanics myself, its just that I've run out of ideas.

D20ragon
2013-11-17, 03:16 PM
All right everybody! I'll start in on this stuff.

Network
2013-11-17, 06:41 PM
I need the fluff for an human subrace which replaces the additional skill points for a scaling bonus to Truespeak checks. Basically, a truename-infused human subrace. It will be posted as part of a larger project, with credit.

D20ragon
2013-11-17, 06:55 PM
I need the fluff for an human subrace which replaces the additional skill points for a scaling bonus to Truespeak checks. Basically, a truename-infused human subrace. It will be posted as part of a larger project, with credit.

Hmmm. Could I have a bit more info?

D20ragon
2013-11-17, 06:57 PM
Fluffing for free? I feel like sooner or later some guy with a 30 page list is going to come along...

Anyways, I'd like some flavorful spells for my jester (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16309340). I can work on the mechanics myself, its just that I've run out of ideas.

Huh. Small internet world. I've been trying to find a way to use that class.:smallbiggrin:

Do you need new spells,or fluff for the existing ones?

Legendxp
2013-11-17, 07:57 PM
You can do either or, as you see fit. New spells are more important though.

Network
2013-11-17, 10:08 PM
Hmmm. Could I have a bit more info?
Basically, this is the race described here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2587.0), but with actual fluff. The guy who thought of it apparently never bothered to post the full version, so I figured you could fluff it yourself.

sirpercival
2013-11-18, 07:20 AM
Almost all of the currently ported stuff for Magipunk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254437) needs fluff...

D20ragon
2013-11-18, 09:02 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.
Carnivorous Vines (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311632)

"Lady's and gentlemen,here we have an a perfect example of the wonders of nature. I give you my very own discovery,the one ,the only,Carnivorous Vine!
Thank you,thank you. You sir,in the red coat. You have a question? Well,I discovered the vine in the Maqkval jungle,on one of my expeditions. Why yes,miss,it was the same expedition that I uncovered the lost sigil of Dominaq the third. Nice job keeping up with my work! I need more fans like you.
So,in any case,I was deep in the jungle,tracking a tiger. I had been on its trail for days,and was only now drawing near. I had just spotted it in a clearing,and was creeping closer,my crossbow at my shoulder. And when I got there,it was gone! Nothing was left,save one clump of fur in a pile of vines. And then,I started to get that jittery feeling I have when I'm on to something. I took a strip of meat from my knapsack,and threw it on the vines. I then called for my assistant,Docter Joseph.
When I turned around,the meat was gone! "Joseph,"I say,"this is something big! I shall give you the honer of being the first to approach the specimen."

Sadly,you all know what happened next. It shall forever haunt my dreams,the way Joseph's face,melting from the acid sunk into the plant,how the plant joined in the screams,taunting me,telling me to save him. It doesn't bear thinking about. But what could I do? Later,I came back with a Mage,and we managed to capture it...
You,little girl? What's your question? No,of course it can't get out. It can never get out...

last known words of the dwarven explorer James krabach

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-11-18, 10:25 PM
Once again D20ragon i must thank you.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 08:16 PM
Okay I really need some fluff. I've been working on this concept of two organizations that were founded based on some persons ideals for several weeks now and I've gotten nowhere. Here's what I have so far:

Both organizations were made as followers in two different peoples footsteps. In truth, the people they were developed after are the same person, but that truth has been lost to time. The groups names are "The Wanderers of the Lost" and "The High Patrons."

Because of retellings of stories and localization as well as different opinions and translating to different languages, the deeds and ideals of the "two people" are different enough that it would not be easy to figure out they were really the same person. Because of this difference, the two organizations are against each other. Both organizations to represent some sort of good so that the average person would be likely to be influenced by them and even want to join them. As such, both groups largely appeal to the public.

The fluff that I am looking for would be on each of the two people, you can even come up with names if you like.

Thanks for everything.

Question. Should I fluff out two separate people,one for each belief?
Also,what kinds of organizations are they? Religious? Warlike?

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 08:18 PM
Wombat. Great gods,your setting is extensive! Could you give me one task to work on for now? I just don't know were to start...:smalleek:

darklink_shadow
2013-11-20, 08:30 PM
Well, I guess I could see what's what.

My nation in a nation game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315462) might want some refluffing. I'm not the best back story writer, but I feel like the gist is there.

Alternatively, My newest (and first on this site) homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315475) is just a collection of abilities. It's the Psionic Spy.

I'd ask you not to post in the OOC for my nation's game unless you want to join it, but you could post in the Psionic Spy page if you felt like it.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 08:37 PM
Ok. I'll add you to the *nonexistent* queue.

darklink_shadow
2013-11-20, 08:52 PM
I have a counter proposal, instead of putting me in a queue, can you put me in a stack? I'd prefer that data structure at the moment.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 09:01 PM
Oooh... Tricksy! A stack will be fine...for now...
Dundunduuun!

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-11-21, 08:17 AM
Wombat. Great gods,your setting is extensive! Could you give me one task to work on for now? I just don't know were to start...:smalleek:

Hahaha. And that's only one section. Right now I'm working on the physical appearance of the elvori, and their characteristics. Care to help me brainstorm that?

LordErebus12
2013-11-21, 09:30 AM
Graveblessed Zombie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315423)

Lets see what you can come up with.

D20ragon
2013-11-21, 08:43 PM

1.pick a card,any card,they all say the same thing...
Make the victims next choice for them.

2.And for my next trick...
Choose two parlor tricks. As soon as you perform one, the next comes into
effect next turn,as a free action.

3.It's all in your head...
Can grant healing by convincing others that their wounds aren't real.

4. Laugh it off...
Heal yourself.

5. Killing Joke...
It's a Jesters version of explosive runes,but with a save/die effect.

7. Set the Stage...
You have anything(to a point) that you need for the situation.

8. I'll need a volunteer...
Can summon a creature(a volunteer)

9. A flash of light, a puff of smoke...
Teleport, combined with invisibility.

10. Mime...
Copy all the targets stats and abilitys.

11. Razzle Dazzle 'em...
Everything seems surreal to the target,and it is nigh impossible for him/her to
take things seriously.

12. Bring down the house...
Collapse a structure.

13. Slapstick...
You only take nonlethal damage,gain proficiency with improvised weapons
a damage bonus,and a knockback ability.

You likey? More forthcoming...

Xuldarinar
2013-11-24, 12:27 AM
I am intending to re-revive my first homebrew here, the paladin of mysteries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296391). Whether or not it retains it's original name is yet to be decided, but in any case, I want suitable flavor text for it.

ddude987
2013-11-24, 03:20 PM
Question. Should I fluff out two separate people,one for each belief?
Also,what kinds of organizations are they? Religious? Warlike?

Please fluff out two separate people, even though it is actually one person, everyone in the current day and age believes it was two separate people. The organizations are sort of religious, but do not follow a deity, more following in the two peoples footsteps, akin to Buddha (one person is enlightened and his deeds sparked a large following).

Legendxp
2013-11-24, 08:09 PM
*Snip*
9. A flash of light, a puff of smoke...
Teleport, combined with invisibility.
*Snip*

Heh, I actually thought about this one too. I just hadn't written it down yet, lol.:smallamused:

Anyways I love em'.

*Snip*
3.It's all in your head...
Can grant healing by convincing others that their wounds aren't real.
*Snip*

I think this would be a hilarious ability if you could use it on an enemy without actually healing them.

D20ragon
2013-11-24, 09:02 PM
Malitash Trisbon,so the wonderers of the lost say,was a merchant,who became disillusioned with his wealth,and so,like others before him,sought to improve himself by giving away all his possessions. However,having done this,he was still not satisfied,for though he had rid himself of his wealth,his wealth still existed,preventing others from becoming enlightened. And so,one night,Malitash took a torch,and set fire to his home,rejoicing in the loss of his house even as his skin was heated by the flames.
He knew now that enlightenment was not far away. And so,he ripped his shirt, bound it around his eyes,and began to stride aimlessly away from his town,unable to guide himself with sight. He passed many years in this way,waring nothing but his blindfold and possessing not even his sense of direction. He began to seal off his other senses,losing smell,then touch,speech,then hearing. Men began to follow him,joining him in his search to lose everything. At last,at the pinnacle of his journey,Malitash vanished,fulfilling his quest to,at last,lose himself.
There's the first one. PEACH.

D20ragon
2013-11-24, 09:23 PM
Random thing I wrote. What do you fine people think?

Hymn of the D20.
O great D20,thou who critical most successfully and who smites thine foes with thy natural one,hear my prayer. May my dice be infused with thy spirit. May all gamers who respect thy name be blessed,that they may know the glory that you bring to the charecters that thou hast favored. May they gain XP rapidly. May the random treasure tables shower them with items of great power. May their DM's house rules treat all equally,and may the bane of the Dm-pc never overshadow their table.
And,above all else,when they perish,let the clerics supply of diamond dust be sufficient.

ddude987
2013-11-24, 11:16 PM
The first one is awesome! Thanks so much.

TimeLegend
2013-11-25, 03:48 PM
If I may make a simple request to you may friend. Could you per-chance be able to come up with a Origin story of some sort for the Tainted Soul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15565886#post15565886) discipline?

It would be appreciated. :smallsmile:

darklink_shadow
2013-11-25, 04:30 PM
D20ragon, cancel my order. I'm going to entirely revamp the entire thing in about two weeks.

D20ragon
2013-11-25, 05:01 PM
The high patrons.
A man, son of a Lord, once sought a religion, to give some meaning to his life. However, wherever he went, he was told the same thing-"rid yourself of everything. Cleanse your soul of all pleasures, and you will find peace"-
The man disagreed completely with all of this.
"why should I confine myself to a monastery?"
He asked.
"why should I deny myself pleasure?"
Rather, he decided that in order to attain true enlightenment, one should attempt to experience everything the world had to offer, and to kindle the same desire in others. To seek out the best of food and drink. To view and possess the finest art. To listen to the finest music. To travel the world. And most importantly, to share all these experiences with others, documenting all he discovered.
Naturally, this appealed to many people, and he began to amass a following, who called themselves The High Patrons. Mostly the rich, for money made it a great deal easier to enjoy this lifestyle, but all were welcome, and money was shared freely.

D20ragon
2013-11-25, 08:35 PM
Truespeech race

A spoken word is a pebble, dropped into the pool of the multiverse.
The ripples can have unintended effects.

Ordeth saying.

The Ordeth are a people of words, created in the same breath which spoke the words of creation. They protect the True Speech, which has the power to reshape reality in a breath, hiding the knowledge of it away in their great library cities.
The Ordeths skin is the color of parchment, and if one looks closely, you can see words printed on every inch of their skin, and beneath it, the ink that flows like blood in their veins. Atop their head are feathered pens, the nibs stuck into their papery skin. They are a smallish people, typically 3.5 to 4 feet in hight.
The Ordeth are some of the best Truenamers in all the many planes, for the words of power flow from their gold and silver tongues like wine.
They are a rare sight, most prefering to stay in their great Library's, where they tend to rows upon rows of books, building homes atop the shelves, and studying the True Language.
When a Ordeth child is created, or written as the Ordeth say, a process taking years, as well as exotic parchments and inks, it is given its name by its creators, who inscribe it, along with their own, on the Ordeths golden or silver tongue. Most then hide the names, but some proudly display them. Once the child is of age, (taking 20 or 30 years, though the Ordeth is typically more intelligent then a human, even as a child), it chooses a gender and name to go by for his or herself.

Network
2013-11-25, 11:13 PM
Truespeech race

A spoken word is a pebble, dropped into the pool of the multiverse.
The ripples can have unintended effects.

Ordeth saying.

The Ordeth are a people of words, created in the same breath which spoke the words of creation. They protect the True Speech, which has the power to reshape reality in a breath, hiding the knowledge of it away in their great library cities.
The Ordeths skin is the color of parchment, and if one looks closely, you can see words printed on every inch of their skin, and beneath it, the ink that flows like blood in their veins. Atop their head are feathered pens, the nibs stuck into their papery skin. They are a smallish people, typically 3.5 to 4 feet in hight.
The Ordeth are some of the best Truenamers in all the many planes, for the words of power flow from their gold and silver tongues like wine.
They are a rare sight, most prefering to stay in their great Library's, where they tend to rows upon rows of books, building homes atop the shelves, and studying the True Language.
When a Ordeth child is created, or written as the Ordeth say, a process taking years, as well as exotic parchments and inks, it is given its name by its creators, who inscribe it, along with their own, on the Ordeths golden or silver tongue. Most then hide the names, but some proudly display them. Once the child is of age, (taking 20 or 30 years, though the Ordeth is typically more intelligent then a human, even as a child), it chooses a gender and name to go by for his or herself.
Thanks! So well done, I'll definitely add it to my project. I wonder, though. Wouldn't their description make them small-sized living constructs? I certainly feel like it is a more interesting concept than that of an human sub-race, so I may stat them as such.

Furthermore, the fact that the Ordeth race is nearly as old as the aboleth race itself also opens the way to interesting interactions.

Thanks again!

ddude987
2013-11-26, 10:09 AM
That fluff is absolutely perfect. Thanks so much, its just what I needed.

D20ragon
2013-11-26, 07:13 PM
Almost all of the currently ported stuff for Magipunk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254437) needs fluff...

Any idea of what I should do first?

Philemonite
2013-11-27, 05:10 AM
I'm gonna need a lot of fluff for my Final Fantasy 4E (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316636) project, anything you can contribute would be great.
I'm in absolutely no hurry, this project is gonna take a while.:smallwink:

sirpercival
2013-11-27, 10:51 AM
Any idea of what I should do first?

I would start from the base classes. Anything you can add would be very helpful :)

Logic
2013-11-27, 04:07 PM
I need a little bit more fluff for a legendary sword of mine:Vierhender

This +4 Glamered Fullblade of Defiant Invigoration is strangely sized and feels unwieldy to even the most seasoned warriors. Only a master that knows its secret can wield Vierhender without penalty.

Proficiency requirements: Wielded in 4 arms, STR 18+, Greatsword weapon proficiency, Fullblade weapon proficiency, and Bastard Sword weapon proficiency.

D20ragon
2013-11-29, 07:34 PM
Fluff for the Divhead.

"veeeery interesting", Lett said, directing his vision to the corner of the mental display.
"what do we have here...?"
He called out. "Guys, I confirmed it! There is definitely some virus, but nothing I can't deal with in a minute or two... Hey! Guys! I said, I confirmed it! We can leave now! Guys?"
No answer. He checked one of his sensors. Now, that, was unusual. The arcane eye wasn't responding.
"that's odd... Oh ****! That's bad!"
He opened the communications panel on the display.
"People. We got an unknown entity in cell block 6. I'm going to assume its hostile unless you can prove me wrong."
"Damn right it's hostile!" Shif yelled back over the Divnet.
"it's only been trying to kill us for the past 5 minutes! What were you doing, picnicking?"
Incoming, Letts sensors sweetly said. He turned. A bolt of hellfire crackled towards him. The ministers in his head let him know exactly how many Hexes of power he was going to get fried with, down to the last decimal.
He activated his amulet, slowed the bolt in his visuals, and dove out of the way as the amulet wrapped him in force.
"combat" he sent, and the Divnet responded by sending him the guard Demons vitals, a fact which he quickly made use of by throwing his Quickedge blade into one of them. The beast roared, and dove towards him, ignoring his wands shots as they bounced harmlessly off of its chest.
"Yup," Lett thought. "pretty damn hostile"

D20ragon
2013-12-16, 06:30 PM
Sirpercy? You like?

sirpercival
2013-12-16, 08:14 PM
Oh, yes very much. I forgot to say :smalleek:

AkazilliaDeNaro
2013-12-20, 02:50 PM
so D20ragon if your still up for it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258456

Legendxp
2013-12-23, 11:32 AM
I need a good quote for a class that wields his own soul as a spirit blade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16666609). One to two sentences maybe?

D20ragon
2013-12-23, 02:21 PM
Ok everyone. I'm gonna put a hold on things formally until after holidays and such. Sorry for not responding sooner to people.

Also, legend, that image is very cool. Where'd you find it?

Legendxp
2013-12-23, 07:21 PM
I either googled 'soulblade D&D' or 'soul warrior D&D'. Also, if I'm not mistaken, someone else has also used the same picture somewhere around these forums (I just realized this, I hope it doesn't offend them).