PDA

View Full Version : Kirito From SAO

koboldish
2013-10-28, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone!
Currently starting up a campaign right now, and it will be a ton of fun. I will also be joining one as a player. Things are probably going to be about 10th level, and it will not be an ongoing campaign. So I can do all sorts of fun stuff in the final battle :smallbiggrin:.

Anywho, the character I'm interested in running is hopefully going to Kirito from SAO (Sword Art Online, if you haven't watched the anime/read the manga, I strongly suggest it). I need to be able to effectively take on at level encounters with a low to mid op party about somewhere between tier 2 and 4. I want to be able to fight with 1 sword and no armor while still being able to do this effectively.

For the final battle, I will be pulling out a second sword. I also want to be able to TWF significantly better than I can fight with a single sword.

I have pretty much nothing right now, so suggestions would be great! Thanks.

holywhippet
2013-10-28, 07:39 PM
Well, TWF suggests the ranger class, but he wasn't really an animal handler or anything. Given how strong he was I'd suggest a class from the tome of battle. Maybe crusader would be a good fit given what he was actually doing in SAO.

GreenETC
2013-10-28, 08:09 PM
No armor is a death sentence, he does wear armor in the show, it just looks cosmetic and isn't full plate, so that should be fine. Hell, you can spend 1.8k gold on a Hat of Disguise if you want to look differently.

I'd go for a Warblade, since it fits the flashy style, and the maneuvers make it seem like you're using skills. If you're level 9+, grab Dancing Mongoose as a maneuver, which will give you an extra attack with each weapon for free, which becomes awesome if you TWF. Wield a longsword two handed normally, and then pull out a short sword to TWF, but I'd probably only grab the single TWF, since 17 Dex is a lot to ask for for another attack, and will eat up points for Str.

koboldish
2013-10-29, 04:38 PM
Sorry to kind of hate on your response, but ranger definitely does not fit with a tier 2-4 mid op party :smallwink:. I feel like the best way to do this would probably some swordsage, some fighter, and some sort of way to get a lot of precision damage. Still working on a build though.

Menzath
2013-10-29, 05:03 PM
I would go either Warblade or swordsage, maybe get extra maneuvers feat to get some self heals. warblade is the better bet I'd say for more feats and fighter feats to balance out the TWF, notably also is the higher HD and attack bonus. you could possible go Crusader as well, you would definatly be more tanky, but lose out on benifts mentioned.

you might be able to add two levels of fighter for bonus feats, but make sure you ABSOLUTLY need those levels before you dip.
Gaining new maneuvers is the top priority here.

Prime32
2013-10-29, 05:04 PM
No armor is a death sentence, he does wear armor in the show, it just looks cosmetic and isn't full plate, so that should be fine. Hell, you can spend 1.8k gold on a Hat of Disguise if you want to look differently.Most of his stuff was leather or studded leather.

Well, TWF suggests the ranger class, but he wasn't really an animal handler or anything.He had good senses and tracking skills, but I can't remember how much the anime and manga adaptations touched on that. Also, after the Phantom Bullet arc he had the Spell Deflection ACF. :smalltongue:

A ToB class is definitely the best way to represent Sword Skills though. I'd go with Swordsage 2/Warblade 5/Master of Nine 3 for Iron Heart Surge (KAYABAAAAAA!!!!), an AC bonus in light armor, and the ability to "go all out" for a few rounds per day.