PDA

View Full Version : Battle Grids (Pathfinder)

Icefrosty171
2013-10-28, 11:20 PM
Hello, one issue I have been having with my group is we use my Ping pong table in the basement as our place to play. We keep the nets down and things usually go smoothly, we have our own space and can still communicate easily. But here is the problem, every time we go into combat, all we have for a battle grid is the beginner box flip mat. With such a large table and us spread out all around, It is very hard to reach the mat. We usually keep it closer to the gm but it's still hard even for him to move tokens or miniatures around. So what I'm asking is does anybody know of a larger battle grid, or should we use a dry erase board on the wall, on the table, or does anyone have a general solution to this problem? Also we have about 6-7 people come each week.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-29, 01:52 AM
There is larger, but more expensive, mats out there (http://www.chessex.com/mats/Battlemats_MegamatsReversible.htm).
It gets easier if everyone in the group chips in a share of the cost, considering that the whole group uses it.

ArqArturo
2013-10-29, 01:58 AM
I'm sure there are big tablecloths with square patterns small enough for minis on the dollar store.

Raezeman
2013-10-29, 03:31 AM
I printed out 12 pages with grid on them, and taped them all together. Worked perfectly and was always more then large enough, except of course when someone flees.