PDA

View Full Version : Psion's Concentration check & hiding display

Ointhedwarf
2013-10-29, 09:36 AM
The way I read the rules I understand that a psion basically gets the sudden still and sudden silent feat usages for free. Am I wrong? Can't a psion in a crowded room wreak havoc without the others even noticing who's to blame? (depending on the power ofcourse)

Psyren
2013-10-29, 10:18 AM
Well, their stuff is still and silent whether it has displays or not - but yes, suppressing displays does make it difficult to tell where the power came from (unless it's something obvious like a ray.) It's one of the advantages to psionics.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-29, 11:04 AM
Well, their stuff is still and silent whether it has displays or not - but yes, suppressing displays does make it difficult to tell where the power came from (unless it's something obvious like a ray.) It's one of the advantages to psionics.

One could argue that a visible ray is a Visible Display and thus can be suppressed. :smallwink:

Fax Celestis
2013-10-29, 11:11 AM
One could argue that a visible ray is a Visible Display and thus can be suppressed. :smallwink:

No you can't. "Ray" doesn't appear in the Display: line of the power description.

Psyren
2013-10-29, 11:14 AM

Cordell is way ahead of you :smalltongue: most Rays have non-visual Displays for exactly that reason. For example, Energy Ray is Auditory and Energy Conversion is Mental. In addition, the visual display is clearly defined unless the power includes the term "see text." So a suppressing a visual ray like Stygian Ray would only suppress your glowy eyes and faaaaaabulous flash.

Flickerdart
2013-10-29, 11:14 AM
Not unless you flagrantly ignore the rules - each type of display has a very specific explanation for what it constitutes in the Psionic Powers Overview section. Unless the power's display is "Visual; see text" and the description only talks about the ray, no argument can be made that the ray is a visual display.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-29, 11:18 AM
I know, hence the :smallwink:

Doesn't mean that I haven't seen people honestly believe that you can do that.