PDA

View Full Version : Green Golgi Swarm (Monster)

Rapida
2007-01-06, 12:57 AM
Hello, I haven't tried statting up a creature in a while so I figured I would give it a shot. I would appreciate anyone trying to help me out, especially on CR and the trip bonus. Also any ideals or ways to reword any part of it will be considered. Thanks in advance!

Green Golgis
Habitat: Murky, Swampy Waters. They have the habit of nesting in the branches of fallen trees or the roots of mangrove trees.
Feeding: Meat and carrion
Population: Large schools in isolated areas
Appearance: These small brownish green fish are strange looking fish, more rectangular than any other shape. Their appearances are rather comical and their mouth looks like the fish is puckering up for a kiss. This is deceptive however because the over sized lips cover a razor sharp beak.
Other: These fish are despised by fishermen, they can't be eaten and they eat or chase away any other fish in the area. Although small they are very dangerous in large numbers. Their beaks cut small triangles out of their prey, and the Golgis aren't stupid. They use rudimentary strategy when attacking prey, such as going for the back of the knees in hopes of tripping their prey or having a member of the school to appear injured to lure creatures closer.

Green Golgi Swarm
Diminutive Animals (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 9d8 (40 HP)
Initiative: +8
Speed: Swim speed 30 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (+4 Size, +4 Dexterity, +1 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/ -
Attack: Swarm 2d6*
Full Attack: Swarm 2d6*
Space/Reach: 10 foot/ -
Special Attacks: Distraction, Wounding, Little Fishy Reach, Beak Trip
Special Qualities: Immune to Weapon Damage, Swarm Traits, Animal traits,
Saves: Fortitude +6 Reflex +7 Will +8
Abilities: Strength 3 Dexterity 18 Constitution 10 Intelligence 2 Wisdom 14 Charisma 6
Skills: Listen +10 Spot +10
Feats: Improved Initiative, Alertness, Endurance, Diehard
Environment: Swamps
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4-6 (?)
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Wounding (ex): Any living creature damaged by a Green Golgi Swarm continues to bleed, losing 1 hit point per round thereafter. Multiple Wounds do not result in cumulative bleeding loss. The bleeding can be stopped by a DC 12 Heal check or the application of a cure spell or similar healing magic.
Little Fishy reach(ex): If the Green Golgi Swarm’s opponent is waist deep or less in the water only roll 1d6 for damage. If the Green Golgi Swarm’s opponent is waist to chest level than roll 2d6 for damage. If the Green Golgi Swarm’s opponent is beyond shoulder level (or prone) than roll 3d6 for damage.
Distraction (ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 10 fortitude save or be nauseated for one round. The save is constitution based.
Beak Trip(ex): When a creature is damaged by a Green Golgi Swarm than roll a trip attempt with a +X (Not sure here) bonus as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking a an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot attempt to trip the Golgi Swarm.

Khantalas
2007-01-06, 05:52 AM
But... why don't they package stuff? They're golgi, after all.

Rapida
2007-01-06, 11:09 AM
Heh, I just (thought) I made up a word. Obviously my subconscious said "No no no." Oh well, I might change the name since I had forgotten about that little fact.

pyrefiend
2007-01-06, 12:37 PM
the Golgis aren't stupid. They use rudimentary strategy when attacking prey, such as going for the back of the knees in hopes of tripping their prey or having a member of the school to appear injured to lure creatures closer.
I'm pretty sure inteligence 2 is too low to be giving them stratagy of any kind. I'd just make them magical beasts so you could add a little mor inteligence.

Rapida
2007-01-06, 04:09 PM
Well my basis for that was going by wolves who have 12 wisdom and use tactics. Thus I gave the Golgis 14 wisdom for slightly more advanced tactics.