PDA

View Full Version : Video Issues

Traab
2013-10-29, 01:27 PM
Ok guys this is starting to drive me nuts. It doesnt happen all the time, but frequently I will be unable to watch video without moving my mouse across the screen constantly to keep the image moving. The sound continues, but the picture just sticks. Any idea what could be causing this? I was just watching some nostalgia critic on youtube. First video or two I was fine, then I paused for a bit and boom, upon restarting it kept freezing the image while the sound moved on. It also happens sometimes on my computer while streaming netflix.

xkaliburr
2013-10-29, 01:33 PM
Is there a particular site or hosting service this is happening on? It might be an outdated flash player or browser. Have you tried it in another browser?

Traab
2013-10-29, 01:45 PM
Is there a particular site or hosting service this is happening on? It might be an outdated flash player or browser. Have you tried it in another browser?

Well like I said, I generally only watch stuff on youtube or netflix, but I also have this issue where the video will freeze while loading up a game on say, armorgames.com and until I wave my mouse over the video screen, I cant scroll the page down. Same on cracked.com if I was playing a video. Even if I paused it that can still happen. As for another flash player, how do I check to make sure I have the best?

xkaliburr
2013-10-29, 09:18 PM
Well like I said, I generally only watch stuff on youtube or netflix, but I also have this issue where the video will freeze while loading up a game on say, armorgames.com and until I wave my mouse over the video screen, I cant scroll the page down. Same on cracked.com if I was playing a video. Even if I paused it that can still happen. As for another flash player, how do I check to make sure I have the best?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

That is the link to adobe flash player. Also, what browser are you using? Sometimes your browser can be finicky. Try Chrome if you have not already. Do not use IE10, that is the buggiest software ever.

Traab
2013-10-30, 06:56 AM
Im using firefox currently and just downloaded the new adobe. Hopefully that will work.

xkaliburr
2013-10-30, 09:27 AM
Im using firefox currently and just downloaded the new adobe. Hopefully that will work.

If it does not, let me know. I work in tech support so I can possibly help you further.

Traab
2013-10-30, 02:02 PM
So far it seems to have worked, except for one odd thing. I paused a video on youtube for a couple minutes then came back and it started doing that video freeze while the sound moves on thing again. I loaded up a different video and it worked fine. *EDIT* nm its doing it again. /sigh

Traab
2013-10-30, 02:31 PM
There is one more thing that happens sometimes. Its mainly connected to the flash games I play. I got some sort of shockwave is not responding window with an option to stop the plugin, and it generally is gone so fast i dont get the chance to click on it. Also sometimes, if I leave Steam running in the background, it brings up that steam login window as well. I forgot to mention it because I tend to close down steam shortly after I turn on the computer.

valadil
2013-10-30, 02:44 PM
Try a different browser. Get chrome and pretend it's your app for watching netflix and yotube.

xkaliburr
2013-10-30, 02:57 PM
Try a different browser. Get chrome and pretend it's your app for watching netflix and yotube.

I second this. I use Chrome and Safari at home, and never have any issues.

Traab
2013-10-30, 03:01 PM
Ugh, and here I thought switching to firefox would solve all my ills. :p Ok, i will give chrome a shot for videos and such. Thanks for the help.

valadil
2013-10-30, 03:11 PM
Ugh, and here I thought switching to firefox would solve all my ills. :p Ok, i will give chrome a shot for videos and such. Thanks for the help.

I'm not saying switch permanently. This should help you narrow down where the problem is. If chrome fixes it, obviously the problem is in firefox.

xkaliburr
2013-10-31, 10:03 AM
Did Chrome fix it? Also, as a general rule, clear your cache and cookies on the browser. Sometimes a cookie or previous webpage holds you down.

Tylorious
2013-10-31, 12:09 PM
Did Chrome fix it? Also, as a general rule, clear your cache and cookies on the browser. Sometimes a cookie or previous webpage holds you down.

Though rare

Traab
2013-10-31, 12:49 PM

I actually havent run chrome yet, I discovered something interesting. If my video starts doing that freeze thing, I switch to a different window and back and boom, it works like its supposed to again. So for example, there I am listening to "How Do You Like Me Now?" when the video freezes up (mainly seems to happen when I pause the video for awhile) so I click over to this site while the song is playing then back and boom, problem solved.