PDA

View Full Version : Corvo from Dishonored (3.5)

Kesnit
2013-10-29, 01:31 PM
I need to build a back-up character for a 3.5 campaign, and would like to base it on Corvo from Dishonored. I am thinking either Rogue or Scout into Shadowdancer, but am open to suggestions.

Stats are rolled, but I have several sets of good stats. (If something has a pre-req stat, assume I have it). Party is currently LVL 7, but a build up to LVL 9 would be nice. (I don't know when I will bring this one in.) 3.5 only. No Pathfinder.

Hyena
2013-10-29, 01:35 PM
One word - swordsage.

Averis Vol
2013-10-29, 01:45 PM
One word - swordsage.

Yea, Agreed there. I'd suggest something like Swordsage 1/warblade 7/Swordsage 1. Get the good skills from Swordsage at first level, take the dark template (Seems to fit with the whole champion of shadow thing) then warblade it up. Sinced you arent playing it from one, you can take the majority of the levels as warblade to get the better BaB and HD, along with all together being a more solid melee combatant and making that "1handed sword, no shield, no two handing" fighting style a little bit stronger due to not having gimped BaB. Then just take swordsage at 9 to pick up the nice shadow blink maneuvers/other good swordsage only maneuvers.

Vhaidara
2013-10-29, 01:45 PM
I actually made a fighter variant that mixes in aspects of scout

Trades Heavy Armor Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, and Shield Proficiency for Skirmish and scout fast movement

Grod the Giant's Fighter Class Tweaks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275054)
From the fighter tweaks, it's specifically the expanded skill points and skill list

But if you don't want to use homebrew, I'd say you have the right idea with Rogue/Scout into Shadowdancer. I personally recommend scout, but that's just because the most fun I've had was playing a Scout with a DM who didn't realize you take a penalty when tumbling at full speed (he's been playing longer than I've been alive, his fault, not mine).

Swordsage is an interesting idea, but then you need Wis for swordsage stuff, Con for HP, Str for damage, Dex for AC and roguish things, and you'd probably still want more skill points, making Int important.

Hyena
2013-10-29, 01:47 PM
Str for damage
Uh... Ever heard of shadowblade?

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-29, 02:06 PM
Factotum 8/ Invisible Fist Decisive Strike Monk 2/ Psion (Telepath) 9/ Swordsage 1.

Spend a feat on Midnight Augmentation and get another point of essentia from somehwere so that you can use Bestow Power to regain PP.

Pick up a couple of spells as powers known.

Dimension Jumper (complete mage) lets you do the teleport quite well.
Disintegrate from a Duskblade can do the body destruction.
Insect Plague could mostly do the rats (well they are locusts instead but same basic idea).

Mindsight (qualify with the Psion level 5 ACF) can mostly fake Dark Vision (especially when combined with Arcane Sight, True Seeing, and the various Detect X spells/powers which you can choose from).

Possession isn't really possible. The best you can do is use Magic Jar and then shrink item your body to carry it with you (it's lifeless so it's an object and thus a valid target for Shrink Item).

Bend Time is pretty much down via Cunning Surge from Factotum. At least that is the best that you are going to get to replicate the game as you can't attack under the effects of Temporal Acceleration, although if you really want that you could drop one level of Monk and Swordsage to get 6th level powers known (I don't recommend it).

Windblast can be done with any number of blasting powers and spells (although take a look at the various Telekinesis ones).

Vitality can be faked with Body Adjustment as you can just use PP regen via Bestow Power + Midnight Augmentation for unlimited out of combat PP.

Blood Thirsty can't be easily (if at all) done.

Agility, well you can get flight or by Master Shadowhand gloves and get the Balance on the Sky stance and then air jump all you want.