PDA

View Full Version : Talenta Halfling Totemist/Dino Master Build Help!

TenchiSD
2013-10-29, 05:06 PM
Hey guys!

Okay, so after watching Belkar in OOTS get his little T-Rex friend I kinda saw how awesome it can be to have a dinosaur as your mount/pet/companion. Then again we are playing a campaign were 4 Halfling Barbarians riding Clawfoots spear charged two mammoth and saved our asses so that wasn't really needed.

Now what I want to get at is that I want to make a Halfling with a Clawfoot as his pet, possibly even a T-rex at some point. Here are the specifications on the build:

A Halfling at level 8/9.
Elite Array build with a focus on dexterity and constitution. (We can add dexterity to damage with weapon finesse.)
Houserule: +2 to stats every four levels not +1. This +2 can be be split up between two stats if necessary.
Totemist levels. Maybe a dip into Barbarian for Totem Rager. Racial Substitution levels allowed.
Most 3.5 books allowed. with an emphasis on Magic of Incarnum and Races of Eberron for Halfling Racial feats and such.
The DM has allowed to take Strongheart Halfling as a race, but the extra feat must be a racial feat. Thinking Dinosaur Hunter or Wrangler.

The point is simple, I don't want to take 8+ levels in ranger to get a clawfoot as my pet. Even less go druid.

I would also like to know if the little dino would level up with him by any means other than ranger/druid/other class companion. Prestige classes that make pets stronger are allowed.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-10-29, 05:35 PM
Hmm... if your DM is alright with web material, then Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) is the perfect feat for you.

Might I also suggest the two boomerang feats? Dazing can be pretty sweet. Ask your DM if Halfling Outrider could help with your WC progression.

gorfnab
2013-10-29, 06:10 PM
How about a Fleshraker (MMIII) instead of a Clawfoot?

Not the most optimal but this could give you a starting point:
Strongheart Halfling
1. Barbarian (Whirling Fenzy UA, Spirit Totem: Lion CC)- Weapon Finesse, Dinosaur Wrangler
2. Totemist
3. Totemist - Skill Focus: Handle Animal
4. Totemist
5. Totemist
6. Beastmaster - Cobalt Rage
7. Totem Rager
8. Totem Rager
9. Beastmaster - Natural Bond
10. Totem Rager
11. Beastemaster
12. Totem Rager - Multiattack
13. Beastmaster
14. Totem Rager
15. Beastmaster - Shared Soulmeld
16. Totem Rager
17. Totem Rager
18. Totem Rager - Shared Fury
19. Totem Rager
20. Totem Rager

T.G. Oskar
2013-11-01, 03:59 AM
Hmm... if your DM is alright with web material, then Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) is the perfect feat for you.

He wants to get Share Soulmeld, which requires you to have the Share Spells class feature. That way, any soulmeld he shapes is shared with his mount, meaning stuff like Thunderstep Boots are fair game to the mount.

(In case you're figuring it out now: yes, I'm his DM. The fight where the 4 Halflings beat the Mastodons? Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11471928&postcount=100) what happened. My friend here's the Fighter, by the way.)

Might I also suggest the two boomerang feats? Dazing can be pretty sweet. Ask your DM if Halfling Outrider could help with your WC progression.

Wild Cohort advances independently, so it doesn't stack with the Outrider's mount. Otherwise, the end result would be too powerful.