PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cannon

Dar'cune
2013-10-29, 06:45 PM
My current game happens in a world where the DM has introduced very rudimentary black powder and arquebuses. I really don't want to "improve" the design concept of firearms because I'll render three of our party members obsolete, but I am designing a shoulder-mounted cannon for my fighter/cleric.

Part of the issue is the kick of holding a cannon sized firearm, even if it is a "small" one.

Are there any spells or enchantments that might reduce the kick of the cannon, or perhaps absorb it?

PraxisVetli
2013-10-30, 11:03 AM
Bigby's Stabilizing Trigger Finger
On a more serious note, depends. There is a low level druid spell somewhere that turns your feet into tree roots. Immobilized, but no bull rush or what have you.
its in one of the Faeruny books, and Dragon 314 has Mountain Stance, though I dont remember the specifics.
So, it comes down to, how commited are you? Though it is only one solution..

speaking of Stance, is there any maneuvers that would help? As a fighter/Cleric, you could just dip and it wouldnt hurt.

Fouredged Sword
2013-10-30, 11:05 AM
Strongarm bracers seems like a starting place. They let you wield a large weapon without penalty.

Kioras
2013-10-30, 11:44 AM
Can't really be done without several improvement to the weapons. To get what you want would never multiple advances in firearms at one time.

A over the shoulder gun would be the goal, but without a way to properly vent the gasses backwards, like a recoiless rifle, or a tube launched rocket, it would not work.

I would personally just get a stand alone cannon or bombard, with a rune of shrink item and enlarge item on it for some instant artillary, and quick draw and place it when i want to use, or intimidate someone.