PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Story time! Or, how NOT to chase people through canals

ArqArturo
2013-10-29, 07:21 PM
I wanted to write this down earlier, but I had no idea how, or when, but here goes.

The party consists of a half-elf bladebound magus, my half-orc wizard/sorcerer spellslinger, a halfling druid, a human inquisitor, and a half-elf Paladin/oracle. We're all level 4 (The DM forgo lowering the bar, so I don't have 2nd level spells... Yet).

We started the session looking for a nobleman that was key to end a problem with a nearby city of sea elves, when suddenly, when we found out the nobleman was killed by a sea-elf assassin, we started chasing him down.

I had no spells to do anything fancy (such as jumping and such), and me, the oradin, and the inquisitor, were chasing him down in the street, while the druid wildshaped into an octopus and continued the chase in the water, and the magus chased him jumping from gondola to gondola (the city we're in is similar to Venice, but it's not, it's called Ecinev).

The reason the sea elf did not go underwater, is that the water is poisoned with a poison only effective towards elves and sahuagin (the only used the poison during sieges), but, he seemed to jump from pole to pole. And the half-elf player lagging behind, said the world's worst thing you could say: "Don't worry I got this". He failed his Acrobatics roll, fell to the water, and said "It's ok, I'm a Half... Crap".

Failing his fortitude, the magus sank, the druid grabbed the unconscious magus back to us so we could heal him. And then, after the session, the player sort of pointed out that he had Jump, Spider Climb and Mudball in his list, and prepared Jump, but didn't remember.

So, has anything like this ever happened, that you had a spell that could be useful for X situation, but forgot you had it?.