PDA

View Full Version : Original System Playtesting and Design

SixHat
2013-10-29, 08:13 PM
Hey all,

My name's Brian, and my friends and I are working under the moniker SixHat Games. Our breakout project is a pick-up-and-play RPG called Instant Action. We have a core set of rules and mechanics that I feel work well for our concept, and I'd like to share with anyone who is interested. I'm looking for anyone who wants to playtest or even simply browse the document. I'm open to all kinds of input, criticisms, and help. I can write or co-write (with you!) adventures for a playtest. Anyone who contributes will get a special mention in the final PDF and a free copy of said PDF! Please reply or PM me if you're interested.

Epsilon Rose
2013-10-29, 08:48 PM
I'd be happy to look them over and maybe run a game. Could you tell us a little bit more about the system and the kinds of games it's good for?

Erock
2013-10-29, 08:49 PM
Sounds interesting enough, I'm in, if you'll have me.

SixHat
2013-10-30, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the interest! Instant Action is a simple fantasy game, though I've toyed with the idea of adapting it for other genres (but that'd be a future project). The system uses 3d6 rolls, so it's similar to d20 in the range of dice results, but you're much more likely to get median values, so you have a reasonable idea of your character's abilities. To start, you simply pick a race and copy down your racial stats. From there, you can advance any way you so choose, and you set up a loadout of perks as you go that further define your character. Please PM me your email addresses, and I'll give you view/comment rights to the document on Google Drive. I'm also considering trying a PbP game over on RPG Forums Online, so let me know if you're interested in participating there as well.

Philemonite
2013-10-31, 06:48 AM
Sounds interesting. If you want to run a game here I will be happy to help playtest it.

D20ragon
2013-10-31, 06:56 AM
I'll playtest!
Always on the lookout for new RPGs.:smallbiggrin:

SixHat
2013-11-02, 11:23 AM
Looks like we have enough interest to get a PbP going here! I'll get a thread started there ASAP (hopefully later today) and we can give it a shot. For all of you who want to play, please PM me your emails so I can share the rules doc with you and give you comment rights on it.

SixHat
2013-11-02, 09:50 PM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312394) the link to the PbP thread.