PDA

View Full Version : Rule of Cool: Ashworm Dragoon + Bone Knight? Undead Worm?

CyberThread
2013-10-29, 10:32 PM
So Bone knights mount builds off what a paladin gets. *Undead horse*

Ashworm Dragoon, gets basically a giant sand worm, to use as a mount that stacks with paladins bonus.

Now for the rule of cool question...

Would you allow a paladin/ashworm dragoon/bone knight , to all stack and provide an undead ashworm mount?

erok0809
2013-10-30, 12:55 AM
I would. That's too cool to pass up.

AMFV
2013-10-30, 12:55 AM
RAW the answer is fairly clearly no.

However, I can see no reason I wouldn't let a player have that, I mean they're investing in both classes and it wouldn't be that unbalancing. Perhaps less so, given that the mount is now vulnerable to turning or being commanded. I would certainly allow it, but with the caveat that if it became a problem I would work with the player to fix it.

CyberThread
2013-10-30, 01:02 AM
A undead mount, while a bone knight is riding it, is immune to rebuking and turning.

Summon Skeletal Steed (Sp): At 2nd level, you gain the services of a skeletal steed: a heavy warhorse with the skeleton template applied (or a war pony with the skeleton template applied for Small bone knights). You may call this steed in the same fashion as a paladin whose level equals your paladin level plus your bone knight level, and the steed gains the same special abilities as a paladin's special mount at the same effective level.
A skeletal steed cannot be turned while its bone knight master rides it.

AMFV
2013-10-30, 01:06 AM
A undead mount, while a bone knight is riding it, is immune to rebuking and turning.

Summon Skeletal Steed (Sp): At 2nd level, you gain the services of a skeletal steed: a heavy warhorse with the skeleton template applied (or a war pony with the skeleton template applied for Small bone knights). You may call this steed in the same fashion as a paladin whose level equals your paladin level plus your bone knight level, and the steed gains the same special abilities as a paladin's special mount at the same effective level.
A skeletal steed cannot be turned while its bone knight master rides it.

Hmm, I missed that, but not immune to Command Undead, or Control Undead, or Destroy Undead. So there are a few strong weaknesses for it.