PDA

View Full Version : need some assassin flavor...

blelliot
2013-10-30, 03:49 AM
I'm building a trio of vampires to serve my bbeg (who is a vampire lord) and the idea is they re sneaking into cities and turning random people into vampires. I want them to have an assassin type feel, but don't want all three to be assassins. Are there any prestige classes that would fit what I'm looking for? I want them to be sneaky and good at taking people off of the streets. Thanks everyone!

Feytalist
2013-10-30, 04:11 AM
Night Mask Deathbringer from Champions of Ruin would fit the bill. Some classic vampire-related abilities, and the fluff states they are pretty much vampire rogues and assassins.

(Edit: vampire is not actually a requirement for the PrC.)

Also the Telflammar Shadowlord from Unapproachable East because why not. Some funky shadow blinking abilities could be fun to test out on unsuspecting PCs. Plus really lame arcane casting.

PraxisVetli
2013-10-30, 10:56 AM
Have a beguiler prestige into eldritch kight
(Probably not the most optimal, but simple)

Telonius
2013-10-30, 11:15 AM
So you want the character to be able to sneak around in a city, hunt down its prey, and not get caught. You could probably do this with a base class, no PrC needed. Would Urban Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rangerVariantUrbanRang er) do? Lots of sneak skills, "hunter" flavor. Swordsage focused in Shadow Hand sounds like it could fit as well.

gorfnab
2013-10-30, 04:48 PM
Swordsage focused on Shadowhand maneuvers and stances.

Ghost Faced Killer, Avenging Executioner, Lurking Terror, Lifedrinker